Second Sphere

Enclave => Online Roleplaying => Topic started by: Ravager Zero on November 23, 2011, 12:56:34 am

Title: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Ravager Zero on November 23, 2011, 12:56:34 am
Forgot to do it when I put the post up, but I've edited your morning health rolls into the overnight post.

Oan could probably use some more attention though. ;)
Title: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Ravager Zero on January 11, 2012, 02:10:43 am
Rav: Economic help you say? Of what nature? I've currently no internet at home, but that just means I've more time to work on things and post them up when I'm done. :)
I've sent you a PM on the subject. Hopefully you can make some sense of my ramblings.

Quote
Also, would it be feasible that as a son of a noble I would know/know of some of the nobles in Darrow? Could open a couple of short side-quests to amuse some of us while Tybalt's forging and earn us a bit of coin or a favour we can call in. ;)
Yes, it would be, depending on where Oan hails from, of course.



And should anyone purchase an atlas or almanack of the world in Darrow, I have a nice big map for them
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Ravager Zero on October 11, 2011, 11:31:39 pm
Huzzah, a companion. Hope not EVERYONE is going to be a mage of some kind though :P We need A Tank and someone to do the heavy lifting :P

Q:

Is there a set list of spells for each of the Schools, or do we simply say "We want to do X" and the GM determines how successful it is?
The latter. Essence based magick is fairly free-form. There are some named spells, or spells based on various gestures and invocations, but those are the exception rather than the rule. Think of it as being similar to the way biotics are trained in the ME series. The gestures aren't necessary, but form a link between thought, action, and effect.

I don't know if there's any class modifiers for a Ranger equivalent, or if there's a difference between Rangers and normal fighters in this setting, but that's what I'd like my character to be.
No class modifiers. It just means you use different weapons, and have better wilderness skills than the average fighter. ;)

My character (not listed here, I PM'd him to rav) is a fighter. And very good at protecting, since I sense waves of grunts coming after the wizards who will need some defense.
You can, and probably should post your character up here, just so everyone knows who to thank when they don't die in a big-ass brawl. :P
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Scout Sergeant Mkoll on October 11, 2011, 11:46:36 pm
I don't know if there's any class modifiers for a Ranger equivalent, or if there's a difference between Rangers and normal fighters in this setting, but that's what I'd like my character to be.
No class modifiers. It just means you use different weapons, and have better wilderness skills than the average fighter. ;)
Works for me. :)

I'll modify my equipment as is made necessary once I've confirmed things with you Rav. :)

So, 1 Ranger, 1 Tank and 2 Mages. Anyone else feel like they're in the standard Dragon Age party so far? :P

Oh, I have a request as well. If one of the mages could take Runecrafting knowledge or something it would really help me. It seems that to give a ranged weapon increased armour penetration the runes need to be on the ammo, not the weapon. A cheaper supply would really help me keep up with the rest of the party in terms of advanced gear when we start getting it. :)
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: The Man They Call Jayne on October 12, 2011, 12:07:58 am
I already have a "Special Skill" in the form of Intervention. So i'm assuming Galithier will have to take Runecrafting. Unless its a skill that Mages just have?
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: El ShasOcho on October 12, 2011, 12:33:50 am
Quote

My character:

Name: Marcus Flynn
Age: 22
Gender: Male
Physical Description: 5'11", 175 pounds, very fast, but still decently strong.
Personality/Bio: Marcus comes from a long line of warriors, his father and his before him being mighty soldiers. Because of this, he has strong natural instincts when it comes to battle. He is used to taking on multiple enemies at once, and is excellent at defending positions or people after years of protecting his village. He is very entrenched in doing what is right, and distrusts those without honor.
My rolls:

15-1d8 ? [15,-6] = (9) Physical
15-1d8 ? [15,-3] = (12) Mental
15-1d8 ? [15,-2] = (13) Mystical

Equipment:
Targe shield: a leather and wood shield with a 5" iron spike at the center, for both offense and defense.
leather armor: light but strong, for maximum maneuverability and endurance.
short bow: Designed for hunting game, effective for hunting raiders.
Poisoned tipped arrows: For taking down the big stuff.
Steel broadsword: 3' of slashing might.
Warhammer: For smashing skulls and cracking jaws.
Steel dagger: can be thrown in a pinch, but best for up close or quiet.

Obviously a warrior. My expectation is we are gonna have a lot of wizards who need a bit of close up protection.
My guy. i envision him with broadsword in one hand, warhammer in the other, targe strapped to his arm, cutting down waves of weak enemies, while you mages take out the big stuff and get all the credit. :shifty:
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Ravager Zero on October 12, 2011, 01:01:29 am
I already have a "Special Skill" in the form of Intervention. So i'm assuming Galithier will have to take Runecrafting. Unless its a skill that Mages just have?
Runecrafting/Runesmith is a special kind of magick combining the various canticles with the art of blacksmithing. Runesmith are rare and highly valued people, so it is unlikely they would go adventuring on such a possibly dangerous quest. If a Chaosigan (true chaos mage) were to join the group, it might be possible for that person to have apprentice or even journeyman training in the art of runecrafting.
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Ravager Zero on October 12, 2011, 06:49:55 am
The party so far

1. Ja'nus Faeyon (Jayne)
2. Galithir (Mabbz)
3. Oan Fencer (Mkoll)
4. Marcus Flynn (ShasOcho)
5. Tybalt Defet (TD)
6. Zothern Cabreil (Narric)

So there's one slot left if anyone else is interested. I'll keep this open until Friday night (GMT+13), and then we'll be starting. Anyone that wishes to join after that point will have to wait until the party reaches an appropriate point in the story.
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Narric on October 12, 2011, 09:34:30 am
Name: Zothern Cabriel
Age: 23
Gender: Male
Physical: Average Body, 6'5"
- Hair is cut short with a small pony tail at the top of neck
Personaliy/Bio:
A man of few words. Will not raise his sword to someone who isn't an enemy. Was trained to be a Town Guard, but failed the final assessment. In the heat of the moment, he will not stop to think, following his gut has always helped him in the past. Was predominantly a solo adventurer before walking into this quest.

Mystical:
Studied briefly in the teachings of Kyron. To aid his work as a Town Guard

Stats
Physical: (15-7) 8
Mental: (15-8) 7
Mystical: (15-5) 10

Equipment:
- Long Sword with modified handle (longer for better two-handed grip)
- Dagger braced against left fore-arm, with handle pointing down
- Basic Leather Armour with Iron Pauldrons
- Satchal with basic provisions
- Tough old black boots
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Ravager Zero on October 12, 2011, 10:36:50 am
Narric, do you have any magick, or is the mystical stuff just some basic knowledge of those Canticles?



Also, looks like we're full up. I'll get the prologue/starting post up in a day or so.
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Narric on October 12, 2011, 10:43:41 am
Narric, do you have any magick, or is the mystical stuff just some basic knowledge of those Canticles?
Basic Knowledge.

I thought it might be a useful "Background" skill, incase the parties resident Magick expert is unavailabe.
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Mabbz on October 12, 2011, 10:44:30 am
So to summarise, we have:

Ja'nus, a humble mage that specialises in pyromancy and geomancy,

Galithir, a vengeful illusionist and novice necromancer,

Oan, a ranger with some miscellaneous other fighting skills,

Marcus, a tough close quarters fighter,

Tybalt, a runesmith who is handy with a rifle,

and Zothern, a fighter with some basic magick skills and a tendency to rush into things.

Correct me if you think that summary is a bit off.

I already have a "Special Skill" in the form of Intervention. So i'm assuming Galithier will have to take Runecrafting. Unless its a skill that Mages just have?

If we're doing special skills like that, my background seems to impy mine would be speechcraft and psychology. Fortunately, we already have a runesmith. Also, my name is Galithir, not Galithier. I thought I should correct you now before it becomes a habit.
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Narric on October 12, 2011, 10:48:21 am
Sounds like a fairly take-on-all-comers quest party IMO :P
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Scout Sergeant Mkoll on October 12, 2011, 01:02:19 pm
In light of your last PM Rav I've decided to drop the rifle for now and use the runic bow idea.

Gifted to him by the gamekeeper who trained Oan, who was ex-army, to commemorate the completion of his training on his 16th birthday this dual-string bow is enhanced by runes of accuracy. To this day Oan has never missed his target with this bow, whether it be stationary targets on a practice range, picking off his mark in a herd of deer, or selecting his target in the skirmishes he was involved in while in the local militia.
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Narric on October 12, 2011, 02:13:08 pm
That looks pretty good :)

Can't wait for the first part to start ;D
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: El ShasOcho on October 12, 2011, 02:19:15 pm
Im pretty sure I could carry all my stuff. Remember that scene in LoTR two towers when Aragorn Legolas and Gimli had to remove all their weapons? I have that much if not less stuff. I'd go shield and quiver across my back (with a guard on the spike, don't want any accidents  :shifty: 0, warhammer strapped to my belt, sword in the sheath, dagger strapped to my leg for quick access.
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Scout Sergeant Mkoll on October 12, 2011, 02:38:24 pm
Poison. There's something I didn't consider that I probably should have. Although I could probably make a few traps given my hunting/gamekeeper training. :)

I think we've got a pretty decent party. Also, my thanks to TD for noticing and granting my request for a runesmith. :D
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: The Man They Call Jayne on October 12, 2011, 04:56:19 pm
Looking forward to this :)

Kinda keen to see how XP is earned and levels are raised and so on.
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Ravager Zero on October 13, 2011, 01:18:30 am
Behold, your starting map
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: InsaneTD on October 13, 2011, 01:44:45 am
Poison. There's something I didn't consider that I probably should have. Although I could probably make a few traps given my hunting/gamekeeper training. :)

I think we've got a pretty decent party. Also, my thanks to TD for noticing and granting my request for a runesmith. :D
Well I find Runesmiths in most settings to be interesting concepts. As almost Tempted to rebuild my DnD character when I found Runesmith in one of the books. :P

Should talk to Rav about what runes can go on my Rifle.
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: El ShasOcho on October 13, 2011, 01:53:10 am
Well this should be an interesting story.
Before we start, I should probably tell everyone this is my first journey into RPG, other then raving bonkers's one in the asylum thread. So I may something stupid/foolish, so if so just say so/give me some pointers.
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Ravager Zero on October 13, 2011, 02:48:10 am
RP Thread is open (http://secondsphere.org/index.php/topic,129436.0.html)
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Mabbz on October 13, 2011, 06:59:00 am
Before we start, I should probably tell everyone this is my first journey into RPG, other then raving bonkers's one in the asylum thread. So I may something stupid/foolish, so if so just say so/give me some pointers.

Don't worry, I have even less experience than you.

I assume any in character actions go in the RP thread as well? Such as creating an illusion of a huge wart on Oan's face to scare off the barmaid?
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Ravager Zero on October 13, 2011, 12:03:34 pm
I assume any in character actions go in the RP thread as well? Such as creating an illusion of a huge wart on Oan's face to scare off the barmaid?
Yes, they do.
However, I as the DM (and the dice, as the ultimate arbitrators) determine whether or not those things are successful.



On another note, if it all possible, could people please post at least a full paragraph?
(Combat will be an exception, but I may relegate that to PM to save clutter, have you lot make your rolls, then tell y'all what you did)
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Scout Sergeant Mkoll on October 13, 2011, 02:15:17 pm
Should talk to Rav about what runes can go on my Rifle.
Let me know when you find out? I plan on getting a rifle once I can get an illusion rune put on it to mask where the shots are coming from (I'm a stealth expert, giving away my position would not be a good thing :P )

Such as creating an illusion of a huge wart on Oan's face to scare off the barmaid?
Why me? Surely the mages of other schools would be better candidates? I'm assuming there'd be some kind of long-standing argument between mages as to which school(s) are best. :P

Also, do we have a rough scale of the map? Might help with regards to decision making.
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Mabbz on October 13, 2011, 04:19:03 pm
What is Darrow, Darrow's rest and Cyven anyway? I mean, Darrow and Cyven look like towns, but I want to be sure.

Such as creating an illusion of a huge wart on Oan's face to scare off the barmaid?
Why me? Surely the mages of other schools would be better candidates? I'm assuming there'd be some kind of long-standing argument between mages as to which school(s) are best. :P
Maybe later. I just don't want you getting distracted by a attractive young lady at the start of an important quest.
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Narric on October 13, 2011, 05:16:22 pm
Any background Lore you want to add Rav?

A brief paragraph for each named location on the map is the most I want to think of at this point.
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Ravager Zero on October 13, 2011, 11:17:29 pm
What is Darrow, Darrow's rest and Cyven anyway? I mean, Darrow and Cyven look like towns, but I want to be sure.
Darrow is a semi-metropolitan city, in the early stages of conversion to a fortress city, due to tensions with distant Cyven. Darrow's Rest is a marshland created by the first Lord Darrow, after diverting the river Celis to a more 'useful' course. His geomancers were not impressed, and it is rumored that Darrow's remains now lie somewhere within the heart of the swamp.

Cyven is a large city, slightly larger in fact than Darrow, with a potent military, funded and equipped through the cities extensive mines in the Eastern Peaks. Why they are so aggressive towards Darrow is not currently known, as the Cyveni royal family has recently been seeking alliances with distant realms to help combat the threat of daemonic incursions.

The Forlorn Woods are actually slightly misnamed, being an enormous, and ancient, forest spread over hundreds of square miles. Rumours abound of strange creatures and ruins of past civilisations standing within the woods, but these are normally heard in the same taverns, from the same washed up adventurers hoping to make a quick gold coin.

The Crumbling Rocks are so named for the mountainside that is riddled with old mineshafts, so much so that the entire region is unstable, and putting a foot wrong could see a person simply stuck in three feet of rubble, or plunging down a mile long mineshaft. However, between Perro's Folly and the Crumbling Rocks lie a series of standing stones, the largest grouping forming what a sort of sacred ground.

Rough distances:
Perro's Folly to the Forlorn Woods: 15 Leagues
Perro's Folly to the Crumbling Rocks: 18 Leagues
Perro's Folly to Darrow (skirting Woods): 40 Leagues
Darrow to Darrow's Rest: 20 Leagues
Darrow to Cyven (fording river Celis): 50 Leagues
The Crumbling Rock to Darrow's Rest: 27 Leagues

The party, currently, would be able to travel roughly 8 leagues per day, 10 at a stretch.



Surely the mages of other schools would be better candidates? I'm assuming there'd be some kind of long-standing argument between mages as to which school(s) are best. :P
Of course there is. You didn't expect they'd all just get along now, did you? ;)
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Mabbz on October 13, 2011, 11:30:44 pm
As I said, I'll play tricks on the other mages later.

Incidentally, I should probably re-post this here: With regard to the info we collect, perhaps Rav should PM us with whatever intel we discover, Then we can all discuss it back in the tavern later.
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Scout Sergeant Mkoll on October 13, 2011, 11:33:28 pm
8 leagues a day seems about right to my mind. Should have enough energy left to fight if needed too. After all, 8 leagues works out around 24 miles. I can walk that in a day and I'm not even in shape. :P

PMing the intel we gather could work quite well. :)
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Ravager Zero on October 13, 2011, 11:50:14 pm
I'm posting the info in the thread for now, but any specialist or secret info will be relegated to PM.



For those of you wondering why I'm rolling 2d20 for these checks, the first is to determine success, the second is to determine the degree of success. Remembering here that you want those rolls to be high. Rolling higher than the appropriate stat (mental for info gathering) grants success. The second roll is how successful (or not) you are if you pass/fail the first roll. Low is bad, high is good once again. Jayne lucked out, Mabbz, unfortunately not.
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: The Man They Call Jayne on October 14, 2011, 12:15:21 am
So with the success, is that rolled against our stat aswell? Pass and get full info, fail and only get basic? Or is it more along the lines of, the higher you roll the more you get? 0 - 5 is the basics 6 - 10 is slightly detailed 11 - 15 is detailed and 16 - 20 is everything they know kinda thing?
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Ravager Zero on October 14, 2011, 12:27:34 am
So with the success, is that rolled against our stat aswell? Pass and get full info, fail and only get basic? Or is it more along the lines of, the higher you roll the more you get? 0 - 5 is the basics 6 - 10 is slightly detailed 11 - 15 is detailed and 16 - 20 is everything they know kinda thing?
The latter. Degree of success is independent of any stats. And that's a good rough guide there. Exact numbers will change depending on the skill required for the task, and the difficulty in getting it right. ;)



Oh, and Jayne, you do know Galithir left the tavern to talk to the innkeeper, right? (the inn is an adjacent building).
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: InsaneTD on October 15, 2011, 09:38:04 pm
It seems my character is more and more becoming the tall, dark, handsome silent type. :P Mostly cause I'm on a different time to you guys. ::)
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Scout Sergeant Mkoll on October 15, 2011, 10:26:44 pm
It seems my character is more and more becoming the tall, dark, handsome silent type. :P Mostly cause I'm on a different time to you guys. ::)
That's alright. I'm apparently playing the suspicious peacemaker. :P Besides, you're on at the same time as the GM, that can work for you. You have more time to analyse info and make choices. :)
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: El ShasOcho on October 15, 2011, 11:56:27 pm
I also have had bad timing, plus people are mostly ignoring me... :shifty:
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: The Man They Call Jayne on October 16, 2011, 02:56:56 am
Im just being me :P And it seems to be working. That can't be right.
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Mabbz on October 16, 2011, 08:36:23 am
I seem to be a good (or at least neutral) aligned person that gets angry when people assume I'm evil (or poncy). I admit my choice of clothing doesn't particularly help, but I like it. Maybe I should buy a suit...

It just occured to me that I walked out of the tavern with one of their mugs. Whoops ::)
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: InsaneTD on October 18, 2011, 12:08:32 am
I'm in the tavern with you guys. Or where ever it was we were meeting.
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Ravager Zero on October 18, 2011, 08:50:49 am
I shall make a post for the start of chapter 1 in short order.

I was waiting for Mkoll to make his big post before moving you guys along (he promised me a good post, and he seems to have delivered, despite some misnaming of the gods: Seiya, and Kyron. ;))

Rest assured that there will be more combat and more mystery in this chapter. ;D



And on that note, combat will be resolved by a system I term "three-rounds-rapid". You lot PM me a set of 3 actions each, and make a matched pair of D20 rolls for each, and depending on how everyone's (including your opponents) rolls pan out, I describe the entire melee. ie: You tell me what you wanna hit, and roll the dice, and I tell you how hard you hit (or not), and the damage done.

If anyone has any problems with that, or wishes to recommend a different system, please speak up.
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Narric on October 18, 2011, 09:51:46 am
Sorry for my short absense.

Hit my monthly allowance, but its sorted now :)

Haven't yet checked the Main thread, so no spoilers.
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: The Man They Call Jayne on October 18, 2011, 10:34:32 am
I shall make a post for the start of chapter 1 in short order.

I was waiting for Mkoll to make his big post before moving you guys along (he promised me a good post, and he seems to have delivered, despite some misnaming of the gods: Seiya, and Kyron. ;))

Rest assured that there will be more combat and more mystery in this chapter. ;D



And on that note, combat will be resolved by a system I term "three-rounds-rapid". You lot PM me a set of 3 actions each, and make a matched pair of D20 rolls for each, and depending on how everyone's (including your opponents) rolls pan out, I describe the entire melee. ie: You tell me what you wanna hit, and roll the dice, and I tell you how hard you hit (or not), and the damage done.

If anyone has any problems with that, or wishes to recommend a different system, please speak up.

So a simple example would be:

"Ja'nus cast 3 fireballs at the at the [insert bad guys here]"

(13,17)
(14,6)
(5,20)

Like that?
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Scout Sergeant Mkoll on October 18, 2011, 10:55:59 am
I shall make a post for the start of chapter 1 in short order.

I was waiting for Mkoll to make his big post before moving you guys along (he promised me a good post, and he seems to have delivered, despite some misnaming of the gods: Seiya, and Kyron. ;))

Rest assured that there will be more combat and more mystery in this chapter. ;D



And on that note, combat will be resolved by a system I term "three-rounds-rapid". You lot PM me a set of 3 actions each, and make a matched pair of D20 rolls for each, and depending on how everyone's (including your opponents) rolls pan out, I describe the entire melee. ie: You tell me what you wanna hit, and roll the dice, and I tell you how hard you hit (or not), and the damage done.

If anyone has any problems with that, or wishes to recommend a different system, please speak up.
Glad you liked it. :) As for the names of the gods, names change over time. Odin started off as Wotan after all. ;)

Combat system seems pretty solid to me. :)
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Ravager Zero on October 18, 2011, 11:40:07 am
So a simple example would be:

"Ja'nus cast 3 fireballs at the at the [insert bad guys here]"

(13,17)
(14,6)
(5,20)

Like that?
Essentially, yes. ;)

@Mkoll: Yes, that's true. I thought Odin was more of a westernisation though.
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Scout Sergeant Mkoll on October 18, 2011, 12:19:02 pm
So a simple example would be:

"Ja'nus cast 3 fireballs at the at the [insert bad guys here]"

(13,17)
(14,6)
(5,20)

Like that?
Essentially, yes. ;)

@Mkoll: Yes, that's true. I thought Odin was more of a westernisation though.
He started as Wotan in Germany. That's pretty far west as it is. :P Also, Freya started as Frigga. Though admittedly that probably changed when "frig" was seen as swearing in some parts. ::)
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Mabbz on October 18, 2011, 01:49:30 pm
I take it this is our first fight, against a horde of lupine daemons and some kind of swarm flying around above us. Should be fun. Do you want the PM now?
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Narric on October 18, 2011, 02:01:45 pm
I'm waiting for someone else to post so I can "charge in head first" at the Daemons :P
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Mabbz on October 18, 2011, 05:51:46 pm
A couple of questions just occurred to me:

1. Can necromancy be used offensively or is it purely raising the dead? I imagine its both but I thought I'd better check.

2. how tiring is magick to use?

3. is their any chance of a miscast? I don't want to have a spell backfire...
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Ravager Zero on October 18, 2011, 10:24:53 pm
A couple of questions just occurred to me:

1. Can necromancy be used offensively or is it purely raising the dead? I imagine its both but I thought I'd better check.

2. how tiring is magick to use?

3. is their any chance of a miscast? I don't want to have a spell backfire...
1. Yes, there are certain bone and blood based spells that can be quite damaging. (think the necromancer from diablo II).

2. Depending on how quickly the ambient Essence is depleted, it can become quite tiring as you draw from your own spirit.

3. Yes, there is. The severity depends upon the complexity of the spell you try to cast.
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Mabbz on October 18, 2011, 10:33:24 pm
Never played Diablo 2. I just googled it though...

So most of my destructive spells will involve conjuring bones and magically propelling them at the enemy? Cool, but now I may have to alter my actions that I PM'd to you
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Scout Sergeant Mkoll on October 18, 2011, 10:34:49 pm
So most of my destructive spells will involve conjuring bones and magically propelling them at the enemy? Cool, but now I may have to alter my actions that I PM'd to you
At a guess you may be able to break bones too, though that may technically fall under the healing domain, I'm not sure.
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Ravager Zero on October 18, 2011, 11:01:30 pm
Never played Diablo 2. I just googled it though...

So most of my destructive spells will involve conjuring bones and magically propelling them at the enemy? Cool, but now I may have to alter my actions that I PM'd to you
Bones, shadows, blood.
Close range too, causing damage/pain with a touch. Necromancy is viewed as one of the dark arts for a reason. ;)



Combat post is up.
Hope it's up to scratch for you guys. ;)
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Narric on October 18, 2011, 11:38:37 pm
Well that's just great, first taste of combat, and I get the full attention of whomever is in charge :P

Can I say as my next action "Fights to regain consiounes and rejoin party" ??
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Ravager Zero on October 18, 2011, 11:46:57 pm
Well that's just great, first taste of combat, and I get the full attention of whomever is in charge :P

Can I say as my next action "Fights to regain consiounes and rejoin party" ??
You can most certainly say it.
Unfortunately, from the set of rolls you gave me, it will not be the most successful of actions, at least, not for a little while.

And as to getting the attention of the shadowmage, I randomly determined who was hit by each spell
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: The Man They Call Jayne on October 18, 2011, 11:53:29 pm
Ok, guys. Plan.

We need to take out that Shadow Mage, or at least send him running.

I'll try and clear out the area around us again and Mkoll can try and take a few shots at him, Mabbz can hopefully do something about his defences or at least hide Mkolls arrows from the mages sight.

If that doest do it then I shall Enchant Mkolls arrows with Magical Fire, and do some more damage that way.

Any other plans? You up close guys who arent dying still able to defend us?
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Narric on October 19, 2011, 12:01:18 am
I'm not dying, I'm just bored of this fight already [/extreme sarcasm] XD

@Rav
You're going to use all the results I gave you in that order? I'm going to have to waste two perfectly good actions? Well, at least one, but the econd I'd have to think of something that I can pass easily, but would still be helpful regardless of second score.

Maybe you should mix the order up, so I can't do what I just said ;) Or I can roll again?
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: InsaneTD on October 19, 2011, 12:09:08 am
I've got something that might help. I can try it but I'm gonna need to be defended. Should deal with the Wolf things and maybe the Dark Swarm.
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: The Man They Call Jayne on October 19, 2011, 12:25:10 am
If you thing and my firewall work at the same time. we just might garentee  that we clear them out, then we can take the Mage down.
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Ravager Zero on October 19, 2011, 12:32:22 am
I'm not dying, I'm just bored of this fight already [/extreme sarcasm] XD

@Rav
You're going to use all the results I gave you in that order? I'm going to have to waste two perfectly good actions? Well, at least one, but the econd I'd have to think of something that I can pass easily, but would still be helpful regardless of second score.

Maybe you should mix the order up, so I can't do what I just said ;) Or I can roll again?
You already used the first three actions/rolls.
The fourth one is the one being used, and I believe even you can admit that it's less than stellar. ;)
The next one will probably work, just barely.
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: InsaneTD on October 19, 2011, 12:38:32 am
If you thing and my firewall work at the same time. we just might garentee  that we clear them out, then we can take the Mage down.
Well I better PM Rav my change in actions.
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Narric on October 19, 2011, 12:41:38 am
I'm not dying, I'm just bored of this fight already [/extreme sarcasm] XD

@Rav
You're going to use all the results I gave you in that order? I'm going to have to waste two perfectly good actions? Well, at least one, but the econd I'd have to think of something that I can pass easily, but would still be helpful regardless of second score.

Maybe you should mix the order up, so I can't do what I just said ;) Or I can roll again?
You already used the first three actions/rolls.
The fourth one is the one being used, and I believe even you can admit that it's less than stellar. ;)
The next one will probably work, just barely.
So if I was to RP that, I'd assume the first a failure and then hand over to you for the second verdict, and then PM you a third action?

I just did five rounds worth of rolling, and lets put it this way, Zothern would have died quite quickly XD Woulda taken a beastie out with him, but would be dead nonetheless XD
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: The Man They Call Jayne on October 19, 2011, 12:44:04 am
MIght be an idea for everyone to make a plan here, decide whos doing what and then PM Rav, unless we are all just going to be independant units in this fight?
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Narric on October 19, 2011, 12:54:39 am
Well if/when I wake my butt up, I'ma try and regroup with whomever is closest to the camp :P going head-first hasn't exactly made me the Emperor of Battle XD
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: The Man They Call Jayne on October 19, 2011, 12:57:07 am
Well in the mean time I'll do what i can to clear out the immediate area then, then we can focus on that mage when we are all together.
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: InsaneTD on October 19, 2011, 01:03:59 am
Well What I've told Rav I want to do is a area effect will hopefully be enough to clear the area of Demons. I just need someone to make sure I'm not interrupted. (And I really hope there is enough ambient essence in the area that it won't effect me.)
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: The Man They Call Jayne on October 19, 2011, 01:05:33 am
Well we'll soon find out. Either we both clear out the area and buy our friends much needed time, or we both die horribly.


See you in hell. :P
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: InsaneTD on October 19, 2011, 01:07:19 am
Well we'll soon find out. Either we both clear out the area and buy our friends much needed time, or we both die horribly.


See you in hell. :P
We'll all die horribly. Well, You might. :P
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: El ShasOcho on October 19, 2011, 01:07:53 am
TD, I think I might be able to help hold stuff off. After all, that is my specialty. Pull out my targe and warhammer, smash some skulls and spike some daemons.
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: InsaneTD on October 19, 2011, 01:09:40 am
Thanks ESO.
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Ravager Zero on October 19, 2011, 02:20:35 am
Okay, as soon as Mabbz and Mkoll PM me their actions, I'll get right on with the fight.
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Mabbz on October 19, 2011, 07:51:58 am
I think this is going quite well. Especially since I have more kills than you lot  :lion:

In all serious, I don't like being in the middle of a group of daemons. I'll be back to help you out as soon as I can.
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: The Man They Call Jayne on October 19, 2011, 02:20:02 pm
You need to recover your magestaff sharpish too, not somthing you want to lose really, and not having it might have a negative effect on your casting ability.
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Mabbz on October 19, 2011, 03:42:32 pm
I know. Hopefully I'll be able to grab it as part of this set of actions, but if not I will just have to hope that shadow mage doesn't nick it. I doubt these other daemons will run off with it, they don't seem intelligent enough to realise that stealing it might be a good idea.
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Mabbz on October 20, 2011, 09:29:16 pm
What about spirits, ghost and the like? If I bound a spirit to an object before it could depart, could I have a ghost using similar rules?

Also, could I raise myself from the dead and become a lich?
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Narric on October 20, 2011, 12:18:44 am
Did Zothern suddenly master the art of the Drunken Fist in that fight? :P

Excellent work so far Rav ;D

BTW, I didn't really figure out a "Basic Provisions" list for Zothern, as I wasn't entirely sure what would be considered basic for an Adventurer with Town Guard Training. Could you PM me that info, or will you state it here?
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Ravager Zero on October 20, 2011, 01:08:53 am
Did Zothern suddenly master the art of the Drunken Fist in that fight? :P
He fell on top of the Daemon, pointy-end first. :P

Quote
Excellent work so far Rav ;D
Thanks. I try. ;)

Quote
BTW, I didn't really figure out a "Basic Provisions" list for Zothern, as I wasn't entirely sure what would be considered basic for an Adventurer with Town Guard Training. Could you PM me that info, or will you state it here?
Well, much like everyone else, it would include at least 3 days food and water, some small bandages, camping utilities, quite probably some spark rocks, and for a Town Guard, a small pack of medical supplies (healing salves and unguents, bandages, sling, splints, a few medicines). It's enough to get you by for a few days to a week in the wilderness without needing to resort to hunting/fishing/gathering skills.
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: The Man They Call Jayne on October 20, 2011, 01:13:08 am
Ok, Ouch. :P

Still, 1 Shadowmage down!

After summoning that fire creature I could use some water though, a sort of Djinn & Tonic :P
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Ravager Zero on October 20, 2011, 01:21:12 am
After summoning that fire creature I could use some water though, a sort of Djinn & Tonic :P
You're terrible, you know that? :P
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: InsaneTD on October 20, 2011, 03:08:30 am
After summoning that fire creature I could use some water though, a sort of Djinn & Tonic :P
You're terrible, you know that? :P
I assume that's the terrible joke he makes when he wakes up? :P
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Mabbz on October 20, 2011, 07:34:20 am
Sorry i couldn't help with the shadowmage, next time I'll remember I'm a mage and, y'know, not rush headlong into combat  :-[. That said, I killed way more lupines than any of you. And what actually happened to that dark swarm? It flew at me and vanished, apparantly.

By the way, when I summon bones, do they dissappear by themselves or are the still lying around? If they are still lying around, then two questions:

1. can I banish them the same way I summoned them, and how much energy would it use?

2. how easy/effective would it be to create a bunch of bone spikes sticking out of the ground, encircling our camp? It might make a useful defence. I probably wont do it now, I doubt we'll be attacked again today.
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Mabbz on November 17, 2011, 11:54:28 am
"Out of interest, would this work for the ammunition of a bow, or does it work solely on the weapon itself?"
"Hmm... I'm no runesmith, but I doubt it. I think the stone would have to be mounted, intact, on the arrow. I doubt it would fly well and you'd only get one enchanted arrow out of it. Perhaps if you mounted the stone on your bow it could enchant as you fire... Tybalt, you're the runesmith, is any of this possible?"
Rav, how much of this is possible? I imagine TD will need to know for his next post. Also, what's special about Jayne's runestone?
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: InsaneTD on November 17, 2011, 12:37:04 pm
Well Rav has said before that the Ammo needs to be enchanted.

From what I can remember of the setting and my theories of how stuff works, I can come up with some ideas. Lets see what Rav has to say first.
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Ravager Zero on November 17, 2011, 12:46:09 pm
"Out of interest, would this work for the ammunition of a bow, or does it work solely on the weapon itself?"
"Hmm... I'm no runesmith, but I doubt it. I think the stone would have to be mounted, intact, on the arrow. I doubt it would fly well and you'd only get one enchanted arrow out of it. Perhaps if you mounted the stone on your bow it could enchant as you fire... Tybalt, you're the runesmith, is any of this possible?"
Rav, how much of this is possible? I imagine TD will need to know for his next post. Also, what's special about Jayne's runestone?
Oan already has a Runebow, with a rune of accuracy (Leritas) inscribed upon it.
Both weapons and ammunition can have runes inscribed/invoked on them, usually for different purposes.

Example, a Cendius (fire) rune on a bow would cause each shot to inflict some fire damage.
Cendius on an arrow would essentially turn it into a firebolt spell.

I remember TD was asking specifically about ammo for harming daemons (blessed ammo). You could bless the gun itself, which would make it slightly better, but it would only do extra damage to daemons were it used as a club. ;)

The stone would be destroyed in the process of correctly invoking the rune, so it would be best placed on something permanent. In addition, the effects I was stating were from Enmeshing the stone with the base material (requiring a skilled arcane blacksmith
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Scout Sergeant Mkoll on November 17, 2011, 01:37:18 pm
Well Rav has said before that the Ammo needs to be enchanted.
He has, quite right. I forgot about that. Still, it was an in character post. My character knows precious little about magic. :P

In that case I think I'll be requisitioning a new longsword when we find civilisation. Anyone know where there's a decent arcane blacksmith?
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: The Man They Call Jayne on November 17, 2011, 02:39:29 pm
Can I take the Soulstone out of my Staff and put the Rai-Tane shard in its place? Or will I need to do something else? I want to keep my staff, but being able to change the stone would be helpful.
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: InsaneTD on November 17, 2011, 02:53:03 pm
What if I was inscribed a rune of banishment in a weapon, would it do anything special, effect any ammo it might have? Or would it have to be on ammo for ranged weapons.
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Ravager Zero on November 17, 2011, 09:37:54 pm
Can I take the Soulstone out of my Staff and put the Rai-Tane shard in its place? Or will I need to do something else? I want to keep my staff, but being able to change the stone would be helpful.
If your staff was originally designed that way, then yes.

What if I was inscribed a rune of banishment in a weapon, would it do anything special, effect any ammo it might have? Or would it have to be on ammo for ranged weapons.
Only if the weapon physically touched a daemon. Eximus is a contact rune, unless combined with Dukator (the rune of focus).
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: The Man They Call Jayne on November 17, 2011, 09:57:17 pm
Then yes. It was now always designed that way. . . . :shifty:
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: InsaneTD on December 01, 2011, 05:36:11 am
Actually that post was made first, roughly four hours earlier. :P


So what is happening boys and Gentlemen?
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Mabbz on December 01, 2011, 08:33:32 am
Dryads, mostly. They've been threatening my pet renevants. And possibly altering our memories, although it could just be some kind of illusion.
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: The Man They Call Jayne on December 01, 2011, 08:38:34 am
And I am about one creepy noise away from reducing the surrounding area to ash.
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: InsaneTD on December 01, 2011, 10:09:32 am
Please don't, I don't want to test my armours enchantments until I absolutely have too. :P
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Scout Sergeant Mkoll on December 01, 2011, 06:06:18 pm
Out of interest, what's my health looking like now? Am I healthy enough to act normally? If so I can start trying to teach people how to scout/hunt. May come in handy.
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: InsaneTD on December 01, 2011, 09:24:17 pm
Your health is in Rav's last post I beleive.
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Narric on December 02, 2011, 12:51:34 pm
*skulks quietly in*

Sorry about my abrupt and prolongued absence. My Net allowance was eaten by downloading Portal 2 on Steam, and i had no other way of getting online. I also forgot my password, so couldn't access from another PC.

I'll head other to the RP thread to see whats happening.
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Ravager Zero on December 04, 2011, 11:46:23 pm
If you need to why the erstwhile scouts found what they did, despite somewhat lackluster rolls, it's because it's big, noisy, and kind of hard to miss. ;)
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: El ShasOcho on December 05, 2011, 01:38:48 am
Well this is interesting. What do people think we should do?
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: InsaneTD on December 05, 2011, 06:03:05 am
Attack them. I'll snipe from range and also counter any daemons they summon.
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: The Man They Call Jayne on December 05, 2011, 07:05:43 am
Who is "them" the Dryads or the Mages? Or both?

Dryads: Pros, we wont be in this forest forver and have some more allies wont hurt us
Con, we are in the forest now and making it mad wont help us in the short term.

Mages: Pros, We can loot them after killing them and make friends with the Dryads, who just might gt us to the solar temple. Cons, we lose 2 potential new allies, and might get pretty badly hurt given how damagine those types of magic are.


@ Rav, if we go up against the mages, can my pyromancy be used to manipulate his pyromancy? As in if he casts a fire ball can i deflect it back at them? Or could I use the Rai-Tane stone to absorb it even?

Is ther ANY chance that we could talk our way to a peaceful solution here?
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: InsaneTD on December 05, 2011, 07:35:36 am
We probably can but I doubt it will be until after the fight between both sides. We might be able to get both sides to calm down and listen to reason. I'm not sure what a Chaosigan is. Maybe most of us hide ready to cover one or two people that go and try to diffuse the situation?
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: The Man They Call Jayne on December 05, 2011, 07:39:57 am
Chaosigan: Chaos Mage. Very destructive Magicks. Closest thing to a true warrior mage.

If we are going to step in then I would volenteer. Some mages might look down on non magical folk. Or Galithir if hes up to it. not sure how effective his illusions might be though. They might not take kindly to being deceived either. so maybe, we just approach and get ther attention, defend ourselves as best we can?
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Ravager Zero on December 05, 2011, 07:58:13 am
@ Rav, if we go up against the mages, can my pyromancy be used to manipulate his pyromancy? As in if he casts a fire ball can i deflect it back at them? Or could I use the Rai-Tane stone to absorb it even?
As a fellow pyromancer, you could indeed manipulate the same magicks he was casting.

Quote
Is there ANY chance that we could talk our way to a peaceful solution here?
The short answer: No.
One of the two sides in that combat has to die.
On the other hand, you don't have to fight them, as they are quite far from the river road.
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: The Man They Call Jayne on December 05, 2011, 08:08:32 am
Hmmm. well, we are in the forest, we still have work to do here, and there are other forests im sure. I say we take down the Mages. Blitzkreig style. If we can take them out before they really spot us we can get a sizable advantage.
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: InsaneTD on December 05, 2011, 08:46:17 am
Then I go with my previous statements about attacking the Mages. :P
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Ravager Zero on December 05, 2011, 09:25:25 am
Then I go with my previous statements about attacking the Mages. :P
Then I believe you lot need to start rolling some dice and PMing me your actions.
Three rounds rapid, as before. ;)
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: InsaneTD on December 05, 2011, 09:37:04 am
No, no. The Scouts have gone back and told everyone else yet.

I'll be Shooting at them and banishing any daemons they may try to summon.
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Mabbz on December 05, 2011, 11:08:15 am
I'm hoping I can take them down silently. I imagine the dryads will simply kill them if they're knocked unconcious, but we might be able to avoid getting into a fight in which we might be hurt.
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: InsaneTD on December 05, 2011, 11:48:46 am
Well I change what I'm doing the waiting to see how your plan goes, then firing on the Chaosigan, and banishing any summoned Daemons, if things go wrong. :P Banishing will take precedent over shooting if any Daemons are already around.
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Scout Sergeant Mkoll on December 05, 2011, 11:55:06 am
I'll fire at the Chaosigan when Galithir puts his plan into action to try and draw focus away from him and to add to the confusion of our enemies. I recommend engaging from range, the Chaosigan's blades look pretty nasty.
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: InsaneTD on December 05, 2011, 12:30:42 pm
Trust me, I'm happy to stay at range.

Cause, you know, it makes sense for the most tanky character, with an enchanted blade and armour, and the second highest hit points, to sit up the back and shoot stuff. :P

Actually, I'm probably the best prepared toface Chaosigan in CQB if the excrement does hit the rotating turbine.
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: The Man They Call Jayne on December 05, 2011, 12:34:50 pm
If my plan works, we won't have to deal with them up close at all.
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: InsaneTD on December 05, 2011, 01:10:10 pm
I'm not planningon testing my armours enchantments anytime soon, but I'll play the hero if it looks like he's about to pwn one of you. I hope your plan works.
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: El ShasOcho on December 06, 2011, 01:15:19 am
Anyone else think the guy with the poison arrows should take the first shots? You know, at least if things turn south we can retreat, and wait for the damage to take it's toll, then they'll eventually get killed by dryads. Just a thought...
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Mabbz on December 06, 2011, 09:29:17 am
I think you should all hold your fire until we see how successful I am. If I take one of them out without a fight then that makes things a lot simpler. Of course, I'll most likely be noticed at that point so you should join in then. Incidentally, I intend to go for the pyromancer first, since if the chaosigan spots me before I attack I dont want to be too near his blades  :P

Now, any objections or do you guys want to start PMing Rav?
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: InsaneTD on December 06, 2011, 10:23:56 am
Oh I'm waiting. I'm just preparing incase it goes south. :P
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: The Man They Call Jayne on December 06, 2011, 10:52:40 am
I PMd Rav yesterday. All of my instructions were conditional. Im going tfor the Pyromancer aswell seeing as i can Manipulate his magicks defensivly if i need to.
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Scout Sergeant Mkoll on December 06, 2011, 11:18:43 am
I PM'd Rav yesterday, my plan is to cause extra confusion and buy Galithir more time, hence striking at the same time but from a completely different direction, and in cover. Should lower their defences a bit more as they're then defending from multiple angles.
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: InsaneTD on December 06, 2011, 11:46:16 am
I beleive we are just waiting for Rav to run the combat and post it.
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Mabbz on December 06, 2011, 11:52:20 am
We are now, I only just sent my PM. I was waiting in case any of you changed the plan.
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Ravager Zero on December 06, 2011, 12:35:35 pm
I beleive we are just waiting for Rav to run the combat and post it.
I'm waiting on Narric.
If I don't get a PM from him by the end of tomorrow I'll work up the combat post without him doing anything major.
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: El ShasOcho on December 06, 2011, 07:11:24 pm
I was going to go first since my arrows could neutralize them. Mabbz you take first shot at the pyromancer, I'll be taking first shot at the chaosigan.
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: The Man They Call Jayne on December 07, 2011, 11:54:29 am
Id like to suggest a small change in how this is done, simply to keep the game moving.

Once an event is announced (a fight, some exploration ect) players have 24 hours to submit actions. After 24 hours the event happens. Anyone who hasnt gotten instructions in will simply perform the best action for there character.

For example, I would Shoot 3 Fireballs in a combat situation at the GMs randomly chosen opponants. Or i would simply poke around the area in the hopes of finding something.

This way the game isnt held up waiting for people who may have things going on that stop them from being here.

If it would help Rav make choices, we could all submit some basic default actions? This would be the minimum possible actions needed.

Mine would be:

Combat-

1) Magical defence/Fireball (f there is no magic to defend against)
2) Fireball
3) Fireball

Exploration-

Examine immediate area.

Any Other Actions-

Follow Group Concensus.


Thoughts?
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Ravager Zero on December 07, 2011, 12:28:12 pm
It's definitely an idea worth considering.

I know that I personally don't mind waiting
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: The Man They Call Jayne on December 07, 2011, 12:47:53 pm
I don't mind waiting either, but 24 hours should be enough, taking into account timezones and working and so on.

This way all characters are still involved and no one is left behind.

Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Mabbz on December 07, 2011, 12:58:55 pm
Sounds good to me. Here's my default:

Combat:

1) Use illusion magic to make myself hard to target and get into a better position if possible
2) Bone spears
3) More bone spears

Exploration:

Examine immediate area with magic, hunt if required.

Any Other Actions:

Follow Group Concensus
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: The Man They Call Jayne on December 19, 2011, 02:16:35 pm
My logc of storing the parchment in my pouch is that there just might be some restorative effect from the pouches magick. MASSIVLY unlikely, but cant hurt to find out :)
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: InsaneTD on December 19, 2011, 02:28:46 pm
Well I get the feeling a bag of hold in this game, while not reducing the weight carried, does still seem to put what's in it in a form of stasis. If I've understand Rav's previous posts on them. They in my opinion they aren't anymore useful then a standard bag, and not worth the effort to make.
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: The Man They Call Jayne on December 19, 2011, 02:44:26 pm
In some PMs regarding the bag with Rav, he said that things stored in the can gradually be affected but he magic used to make the Hammerspace.
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: InsaneTD on December 20, 2011, 12:57:56 am
Not sure how recharging Runes work.

Rav, give us a lesson in Rune charging?
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Ravager Zero on December 20, 2011, 01:12:34 am
Short version is you cannot recharge the Sekhenar rune because you lack the required materials/effects to do so.

Long version, each rune cast on an object has an associated material or condition required to recharge it. For example, the sunstone Tybalt has for the Cendius (blazing fire) rune on his sword. Runes on armour (especially basic runes) simply recharge over time unless they get broken/overwhelmed. To recharge the Sekhenar rune you would need moonlight and quicksilver, and a master runesmith (Tybalt is not yet a master) as it is a Cornerstone rune.



Just as a quick aside, you've found everything of interest in that chamber now. There's enough time left to explore one or two more areas, then you have to decide whether to continue exploring through the night, or to find somewhere relatively safe to bed down.
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: The Man They Call Jayne on December 20, 2011, 02:16:48 am
Id say we move on and go deeper into this place. It's likely safe, from a structural veiwpoint, and clearing out any nasties shouldnt be a huge challenge.

Yes, I know the last party died, but we have no evidence that it was here, or by something that lives here. We have found no significant supply of food or water here, suggesting that large creatures wouldnt use this place as a regular home.

Mostly though, it would be a shame to leave this place and potentially miss out on any goodies that my be lying around. :)
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: InsaneTD on December 21, 2011, 01:06:05 am
Currently, I'd be more worried about the traps that have been set.

Rav, how long will the Runes I drew where Zothern and I where exploring last?
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Ravager Zero on December 21, 2011, 02:00:33 am
Currently, I'd be more worried about the traps that have been set.

Rav, how long will the Runes I drew where Zothern and I where exploring last?
About four or five hours, maybe a little longer.
They're good for exploring areas, but not so much for long range navigation. ;)
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Ravager Zero on December 22, 2011, 12:49:45 am
Okay, major post is up for you guys.

As an aside, there aren't any useable weapons in the forge room, but there are plenty of blanks, and other useful materials.
Said materials are also heavy. (Just in case anyone gets ideas :P)



EDITS:

Marcus now has some pretty badass looking armour.
Yes, Tybalt is a skilled blacksmith. It's kind of a requirement to be a runesmith. ;)
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: The Man They Call Jayne on December 22, 2011, 05:30:51 am
Oooh. lots of new things.

Will Marcus' new armour actually have any noticable affect, or will it simply be armour?
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Ravager Zero on December 22, 2011, 05:39:57 am
Will Marcus' new armour actually have any noticable affect, or will it simply be armour?
It's armour, somewhere between leather and plate in terms of effectiveness.
If someone wants to add an effect to the armour though (And El Shas'Ocho is okay with it)
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: InsaneTD on December 28, 2011, 05:02:08 am
Well I want to go to the essence, and I'm pretty sure Jayne does too.

Here's a question, how did the spider thing get passed the silenced chamber?
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Ravager Zero on December 28, 2011, 05:09:58 am
Here's a question, how did the spider thing get passed the silenced chamber?
It's quite the headscratcher, isn't it? ;) (nobody was awake enough to figure it out, and it is actually quite complex
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: The Man They Call Jayne on December 28, 2011, 06:06:49 am
To the Essence!!

Taking any path that avoids rooms filled with deamonic spiders thank you.
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Ravager Zero on December 31, 2011, 12:39:56 am
Okay, invisible castle going down has seriously thrown a spanner in the works for now, but I should have a post for you by later this afternoon, tomorrow at the latest. I'll just use my dice for the rolls and put the numbers up for you in the regular spoiler.
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: The Man They Call Jayne on December 31, 2011, 12:47:59 am
You could use this instead?

http://www.wizards.com/dnd/dice/dice.htm

Fully customisable too.
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Ravager Zero on December 31, 2011, 01:13:34 am
You could use this instead?

http://www.wizards.com/dnd/dice/dice.htm

Fully customisable too.
One small problem.
It doesn't save the results as in a location that can be linked to or viewed by other people. That was the greatest strength of invisible castle.
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Ravager Zero on December 31, 2011, 01:40:02 am
And for your perusal, the map you lot have just found.
The up/down arrows indicate stairs, ramps, ladders or similar that go up or down respectively.

(http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f42/Ravager72/ETD/ETDCatacombsMapPage.png)
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: The Man They Call Jayne on January 07, 2012, 12:48:14 pm
Doesn't everyone but me already have armour?

I wonder if there is a way for us to work together to create a stronger type of armour? Your making a wooden armour, light weight and regenerative, would it be possible in someway for me to add a touch of geomancy and make that wood hard as stone?
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: The Man They Call Jayne on January 07, 2012, 02:15:22 pm
Yeah Stone Armour would be wayyy to heavy. I just thinking of hardening the wooden armour. Guess it doesnt really matter, any armour is better than none after all.
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: InsaneTD on January 07, 2012, 02:23:45 pm
It's the second toughest armour in the group at the moment with my being the toughest. Probably isn't as protective some of the others armour though.
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: The Man They Call Jayne on January 07, 2012, 02:26:40 pm
An idea occours. Do I really need to learn how to use a rifle? Can I do a Magneto in X2 and simply propel small stones with enough force to kill?
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: InsaneTD on January 07, 2012, 02:30:13 pm
You don't really need to learn to use a ranged weapon. It would be helpful though.
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Ravager Zero on January 07, 2012, 10:03:43 pm
An idea occours. Do I really need to learn how to use a rifle? Can I do a Magneto in X2 and simply propel small stones with enough force to kill?
Not yet.

As for stone armour, sure, if you don't think you need to move. At all. ;)
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Mabbz on January 08, 2012, 12:48:29 pm
Out of curiosity, would fate have been able to save me from that damned chaosigan?

Also, from the RP:
Gilathar

Really, Gilathar :sadnshocked:? My new character is going to refer to you as Tibby if you get it wrong in front of her...  ;)
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: InsaneTD on January 08, 2012, 12:54:09 pm
Out of curiosity, would fate have been able to save me from that damned chaosigan?

Also, from the RP:
Gilathar

Really, Gilathar :sadnshocked:? My new character is going to refer to you as Tibby if you get it wrong in front of her...  ;)
My memory has been failing me of late. I blame that fact on my lack of needing it at the moment. I shall correct that mistake and I shall say that my character wouldn't make that mistake with a dear comrades name.

And I'd much rather the nickname, TD. :P
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: InsaneTD on January 08, 2012, 01:51:23 pm
Lots of 20's are nice, unless it's the DM rolling against you. :P

Just a question Rav, does this system require crits to be confirmed?
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: The Man They Call Jayne on January 08, 2012, 02:06:11 pm
Speaking of Divine Inetervention. What are the prerequisites for my Intervention bonus to kick off? Do I basicly need 2 20s to be rolled? Or is it more of a fluffy thing? Good rolls combined with a desperate situation?
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Ravager Zero on January 08, 2012, 10:32:34 pm
Lots of 20's are nice, unless it's the DM rolling against you. :P
Always. :P

Quote
Just a question Rav, does this system require crits to be confirmed?
If you mean verified by being able to check Invisible Castle or something like that, then it's preferable, but not required. If it means rolling extra dice or something, then no.

Speaking of Divine Inetervention. What are the prerequisites for my Intervention bonus to kick off? Do I basicly need 2 20s to be rolled? Or is it more of a fluffy thing? Good rolls combined with a desperate situation?
Good rolls, low health, and desperation.
The Gods wouldn't intervene if you weren't in genuine danger. ;)
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: InsaneTD on January 09, 2012, 07:03:45 am
I'd say 'created a monster' but I'm afraid I'll be beaten to death.

And yes I know why. I was just bragging. :P
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: The Man They Call Jayne on January 09, 2012, 08:45:35 am
What are we classing as wealth? Tradeable gold/gems/perishables? Or just a sum total of the worth of all our possessions?

Id be interested to know just how much my staff is worth.
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Ravager Zero on January 09, 2012, 10:10:02 am
What are we classing as wealth? Tradeable gold/gems/perishables? Or just a sum total of the worth of all our possessions?
Pretty much just the amount of gold you have on you, right now.

Quote
Id be interested to know just how much my staff is worth.
No.
There will be no selling important magickal artefacts.  ;)
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: The Man They Call Jayne on January 09, 2012, 11:08:03 am
Oh I dont want to sell it. Ever. It's a family heirloom.
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: The Man They Call Jayne on January 09, 2012, 11:44:44 am
Hmm, thats a point. Could we take Jobs in cities and places like that to earn extra gold or items or favours?

I could certainly get some work welding, or bolstering barricades or city walls. Repairing the stonework of homes and so on.
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: InsaneTD on January 09, 2012, 11:52:28 am
Might need to. I'm not sure how much a work space will cost to rent. I'll need one to work on the Runes. I'll need fairly well equipped forge to work.
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: The Man They Call Jayne on January 09, 2012, 11:54:45 am
Dont forget that the group has things that are part of our wealth. Im carrying the 2 star rubies from that golem, but they are ours, not mine.
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: InsaneTD on January 09, 2012, 12:02:24 pm
That's true. Though there are miscellaneous costs too. We need to restock the supplies we have used and we also need to acquire the other materials for the Runes.

I also have an idea which means we'll rely less on my healing runes, but that's probably gonna be expensive so it may have to wait.
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Ravager Zero on January 09, 2012, 12:10:40 pm
Hmm, thats a point. Could we take Jobs in cities and places like that to earn extra gold or items or favours?

I could certainly get some work welding, or bolstering barricades or city walls. Repairing the stonework of homes and so on.
It's a possibility, but investigating any daemonsign should be your first priority.
Odd jobs while other characters work at quest related, or character related storylines is fine. Trying to find full time employment in the city, not so much.

Might need to. I'm not sure how much a work space will cost to rent. I'll need one to work on the Runes. I'll need fairly well equipped forge to work.
If you're patient, you could use your workshop.
If you feel time is pressing though, some of the guilded smiths in Darrow have reasonable rates.

Dont forget that the group has things that are part of our wealth. Im carrying the 2 star rubies from that golem, but they are ours, not mine.
And are also able to fetch quite the pretty penny in this part of the world. ;)

That's true. Though there are miscellaneous costs too. We need to restock the supplies we have used and we also need to acquire the other materials for the Runes.

I also have an idea which means we'll rely less on my healing runes, but that's probably gonna be expensive so it may have to wait.
That's thinking ahead. You will need to restock supplies, or even buy enough to extend your range beyond the standard three days.

And your idea will be quite expensive, given how many you want to make.
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: InsaneTD on January 09, 2012, 12:16:42 pm
Well how far is Darrow to Cyven and how long will it take?
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Mabbz on January 09, 2012, 12:24:37 pm
I also have an idea which means we'll rely less on my healing runes, but that's probably gonna be expensive so it may have to wait.

I'm bringing in a healer, remember? We're going to rely on those runes less anyway, so if your idea is expensive, I wouldn't bother with it.

Rav, do you have any specific plans on how to introduce my character or do you want me to do it when they get to the city? I'm kinda hoping you'll leave it to me so that I can make a good first impression...
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: The Man They Call Jayne on January 09, 2012, 12:34:37 pm
That would be costly.

Roughly how much are those rubies worth? If they serve no purpose beyond monetary value then Im all for selling them both and splitting the winning. If they have anything special about them then it might be worth keeping one.
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Ravager Zero on January 09, 2012, 12:41:54 pm
Rav, do you have any specific plans on how to introduce my character or do you want me to do it when they get to the city? I'm kinda hoping you'll leave it to me so that I can make a good first impression...
I was going to have you lot meet at a tavern.
A rowdy tavern. :P

Seriously though, it's up to you how you introduce your new character. Remember, you most likely won't be in the same part of Darrow as the others start in, so take that idea and run with it.

I shall also have to get a map of Darrow made.

@TD: Darrow to Cyven is 50 leagues, and that's fording/getting ferried across the river Celis. Going around the river
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: The Man They Call Jayne on January 09, 2012, 12:43:47 pm
Ok, and for referance, how much is 1 Gold worth, what could you buy with it?
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Mabbz on January 09, 2012, 12:51:19 pm
Rav, do you have any specific plans on how to introduce my character or do you want me to do it when they get to the city? I'm kinda hoping you'll leave it to me so that I can make a good first impression...
Seriously though, it's up to you how you introduce your new character. Remember, you most likely won't be in the same part of Darrow as the others start in, so take that idea and run with it.
Excellent *sharpens knife :shifty:*
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: InsaneTD on January 09, 2012, 12:53:35 pm
Rav, I don't suppose we can move the story along?
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: The Man They Call Jayne on January 09, 2012, 02:43:33 pm
I voted going through the large chambers, just incase there is anything lootable left there, or anymore information on the last party that went through. If they never got home we might be able to pass on what happened should we run into any family.

Im open to the idea of just climbing the ladder and getting out quickly though. Getting to Darrow seems to be the best idea.
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: InsaneTD on January 09, 2012, 11:54:22 pm
I'm quite happy to search those chambers.
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: El ShasOcho on January 10, 2012, 01:12:36 am
As am I. Extra cash is always nice.
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: The Man They Call Jayne on January 10, 2012, 01:33:17 am
A though occours, although it probably wont work. If we are to be using this new wooded armour that Tybalt conjours up with runes, could a rune of healing (not sure which) be added to it, so that it restores our health during the battles? or even while walking around with the armour on?
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Ravager Zero on January 10, 2012, 01:41:24 am
A though occours, although it probably wont work. If we are to be using this new wooded armour that Tybalt conjours up with runes, could a rune of healing (not sure which) be added to it, so that it restores our health during the battles? or even while walking around with the armour on?
It already has a rune of healing on it, and that allows the armour to regenerate. ;)
It's also impermanent, only lasting about an hour or so
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Ravager Zero on January 10, 2012, 03:47:16 am
And now I have another map for you lot.
Nearly two hours making this thing. Still needs a key for the smaller buildings, but I cba right now.

(http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f42/Ravager72/ETD/ETDDarrowMap.png)
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: El ShasOcho on January 10, 2012, 03:50:12 am
Where are the taverns? Or does the Brothel double as a bar?
I feel like I would like a drink first.
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Ravager Zero on January 10, 2012, 05:13:22 am
Where are the taverns?
That's the smaller buildings I was talking about.

Quote
Or does the Brothel double as a bar?
I'm sure it comes fully furnished with all the creature comforts.



Some Important Notes
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: The Man They Call Jayne on January 10, 2012, 10:55:37 am
Im gonna assume that the Collegiate Arcananum is a school of magick? If so I shall definatly be making a stop there. Looks like in interesting town to me :)
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Narric on January 10, 2012, 11:50:23 am
Anyone else find it a bit funy that the only marked brothel in town, is right next to the Colleges and City Hall?
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Ravager Zero on January 10, 2012, 11:53:09 am
Anyone else find it a bit funy that the only marked brothel in town, is right next to the Colleges and City Hall?
And just opposite the noble's quarter
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: InsaneTD on January 10, 2012, 12:14:50 pm
Anyone else find it a bit funy that the only marked brothel in town, is right next to the Colleges and City Hall?
And just opposite the noble's quarter
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: The Man They Call Jayne on January 10, 2012, 01:50:45 pm
I dont see any reason not to go there. If its a bigger city we can get more information about the deamons.

When we get to Darrow I intend to stop off at the Collegiate for info on any deamoninc incursions. Are we going to split up, or stay together as a group? Id say splitting up would be better, we all have things to do there. We can meet up at a bar of choice and see what we have learned and show off any new aquisitions.
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Scout Sergeant Mkoll on January 10, 2012, 03:42:14 pm
Rav: Economic help you say? Of what nature? I've currently no internet at home, but that just means I've more time to work on things and post them up when I'm done. :)

Also, would it be feasible that as a son of a noble I would know/know of some of the nobles in Darrow? Could open a couple of short side-quests to amuse some of us while Tybalt's forging and earn us a bit of coin or a favour we can call in. ;)
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Scout Sergeant Mkoll on January 11, 2012, 02:55:17 pm
I have your PM. I'll put some work into and hpefully have results for you by Monday. :) I may have to consult with a couple of other people and check sources etc, but that shouldn't have any bearing on the deadline I've set myself hopefully.

Ah, yes, I didn't specify did I? My mistake. I'll tkae a look at that map you sent me and work out where seems feasible given everything that's happened to the party, where we started and anything else that seems relevant.  And I'll probably spend a bit of time consulting a fair few maps while we're in Darrow. I am the scout after all. :P
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: InsaneTD on January 11, 2012, 04:43:34 pm
I want to make slight change to my combat actions when I'm not around for the time being;
1, Armour Ja'nus
2, Attack with sword
3, attack with sword

If I'm seriously getting my ass kicked I'll try and break away and use Runes to finish them.

Gonna be busy the next few days so of a combat comes up and everyone else has replied just use this.
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: The Man They Call Jayne on January 11, 2012, 06:20:27 pm
Much obliged :) That will definatly come in handy.
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Narric on January 13, 2012, 12:57:23 am
OHMAHGAWD!!!! Mkoll made a spelling error. :sadnshocked:
uhm, spam-thread, that-a-way
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Ravager Zero on January 13, 2012, 04:04:42 am
Rav, minor quible, modern bow hunters never aim for the head, it's normally considered too small to try and the skull, especially on a boar, is too think to penetrate. Most go for the upper body as that is where most of the vital organs are. I'm sure a scout like Oan would know that and aim for there too.
I shall fix that now. ;)
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Scout Sergeant Mkoll on January 24, 2012, 06:02:36 pm
Sorry guys, the delay might be my fault.

Life sort of performed its favourite trick of getting in the way again so the price list is later than I would've liked which may be why we're not in Darrow already. :-\\ It will be up as soon as possible though. Hopefully tomorrow.
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: The Man They Call Jayne on January 24, 2012, 06:20:19 pm
Sorry guys, the delay might be my fault.

Life sort of performed its favourite trick of getting in the way again so the price list is later than I would've liked which may be why we're not in Darrow already. :-\\ It will be up as soon as possible though. Hopefully tomorrow.

In that case we can blame you feely :P
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Scout Sergeant Mkoll on January 24, 2012, 06:39:58 pm
Sorry guys, the delay might be my fault.

Life sort of performed its favourite trick of getting in the way again so the price list is later than I would've liked which may be why we're not in Darrow already. :-\\ It will be up as soon as possible though. Hopefully tomorrow.

In that case we can blame you feely :P
Blaming me I have no problem with, however I'd rather you didn't call me Feely. :P
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: The Man They Call Jayne on January 24, 2012, 06:54:11 pm
Dang it. How about Shirley? :P
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Ravager Zero on January 24, 2012, 10:14:56 pm
Rav, can we get the next story post? I think everyone just wants to get to darrow at the moment.
I'll get onto it this evening.
Most of my daytime at the moment is taken up with building a large garden shed in which to store my sister's stuff.
*grumbles* "Ready to assemble" my shiny metal ass
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: InsaneTD on January 24, 2012, 10:37:09 pm
Rav, can we get the next story post? I think everyone just wants to get to darrow at the moment.
I'll get onto it this evening.
Most of my daytime at the moment is taken up with building a large garden shed in which to store my sister's stuff.
*grumbles* "Ready to assemble" my shiny metal ass
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Ravager Zero on January 25, 2012, 05:28:59 am
You lot asked for action, and action you shall have.

3 rounds rapid.
(As Narric is away for a couple more days, I'll be using the standby actions he Pm'd me. ;))
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: InsaneTD on January 25, 2012, 07:42:03 am
I HAVE A PLAN!!! I'm gonna use my big anti-daemon Runes. If you guys can defend me/concentrate on the Mage, we shall rule the day! :P
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: The Man They Call Jayne on January 25, 2012, 12:24:11 pm
I have already moved on the mage with some potenially funky new magick. We shall see though.
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Narric on January 30, 2012, 08:45:46 pm
Flintlocks are useless in a combat situation though. You get one shot from each and if you miss, the gun misfires, the powder doesnt ignite, what ever, you are dead. If she ever faced more than one bandit or deamon at a time, she would be borked.

As effective as they maybe, they are simply not up to the task she would have to be using them for.
So more evidence that she is not telling the whole truth?

Until we see her in combat, I guess we can't guess to her re-load speed, but even that has physical limitations on how quickly it can be done..... right?
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Ravager Zero on January 30, 2012, 11:46:10 pm
Alright, you lot have now made it to Darrow.

Yes, Emily is still with you in the tavern/"restaurant".
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Mabbz on January 30, 2012, 11:54:44 pm
Darrow, excellent. See you soon...
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Scout Sergeant Mkoll on January 31, 2012, 12:05:30 am
Damn you Rav! Now I need to completely rework my plan and it's no longer guaranteed to work. :P

Cool update though. :P
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: The Man They Call Jayne on January 31, 2012, 12:09:15 am
Very cool. So we have yet to order food and eat then? Or have we eaten and are preparing to travel into the city?
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: El ShasOcho on January 31, 2012, 12:44:21 am
I just ordered food, so I am gonna guess we are getting food now. @Rav, is there any significant damage to my armor from that fight? I remember a minor grumbling about damage to it, but nothing substantial.
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Ravager Zero on January 31, 2012, 01:21:03 am
I just ordered food, so I am gonna guess we are getting food now. @Rav, is there any significant damage to my armor from that fight? I remember a minor grumbling about damage to it, but nothing substantial.
Nothing that won't buff out or can't be patched. ;)

Very cool. So we have yet to order food and eat then? Or have we eaten and are preparing to travel into the city?
You have yet to order. :)
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: El ShasOcho on January 31, 2012, 01:26:07 am
So should I or should I not ask Tybalt to touch it up?
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Ravager Zero on January 31, 2012, 01:27:47 am
So should I or should I not ask Tybalt to touch it up?
You don't need to. ;)
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: El ShasOcho on January 31, 2012, 01:32:30 am
Excellent. Off to find some rich noble to pay me to kill stuff...
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Scout Sergeant Mkoll on January 31, 2012, 01:39:45 am
Excellent. Off to find some rich noble to pay me to kill stuff...
I've PM'd Rav with an idea I have for a quick side mission which could be beneficial to us. Of course whether he'll allow it or if he wants to keep things mysterious I don't know just yet but I'll let you know once he's replied. :)
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: El ShasOcho on January 31, 2012, 03:37:12 am
Well, what do you think Mkoll? I would be happy to check out whats going on with the wood and metal tonight, then head out in the morning if that sounds good to you. I also would like a horse, as they are cool.  ;D
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: InsaneTD on January 31, 2012, 02:26:03 pm
Ja'nus had to get some interesting looks walking around Darrow in a bedsheet. :P
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: The Man They Call Jayne on January 31, 2012, 03:03:25 pm
Well to hell with them. I can look awesome in a bed sheet and burn those who disagree. :P
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Scout Sergeant Mkoll on January 31, 2012, 03:12:23 pm
Ja'nus had to get some interesting looks walking around Darrow in a bedsheet. :P
To be fair, with a population of about 50,000 it's fair to say the people of Darrow have seen stranger, if not worse, sights. :P
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: The Man They Call Jayne on January 31, 2012, 03:16:38 pm
Ja'nus had to get some interesting looks walking around Darrow in a bedsheet. :P
To be fair, with a population of about 50,000 it's fair to say the people of Darrow have seen stranger, if not worse, sights. :P

They see deamons. They can cope with a ruggedly handsome man in a makeshift serape. :P
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Scout Sergeant Mkoll on January 31, 2012, 03:58:20 pm
Ja'nus had to get some interesting looks walking around Darrow in a bedsheet. :P
To be fair, with a population of about 50,000 it's fair to say the people of Darrow have seen stranger, if not worse, sights. :P

They see deamons. They can cope with a ruggedly handsome man in a makeshift serape. :P
They probably could, if that was a sight they ever came across. :P
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: InsaneTD on February 01, 2012, 12:11:49 am
Ja'nus had to get some interesting looks walking around Darrow in a bedsheet. :P
To be fair, with a population of about 50,000 it's fair to say the people of Darrow have seen stranger, if not worse, sights. :P

They see deamons. They can cope with a ruggedly handsome man in a makeshift serape. :P
They probably could, if that was a sight they ever came across. :P
Also don't forget, we are still fairly fethed up from that daemon attack. I'd suggest anyone who was expecting to get into a fight, *coughmkollcough*, sees a healer.
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: The Man They Call Jayne on February 01, 2012, 09:05:11 am
I hope you remembered to put Rai-Tanes Eye back into the staff Tybalt, I really don't want to lose that :P
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Narric on February 01, 2012, 09:29:46 am
Hey Tybalt, Depending on Rav's response, I may have something for you to Rune-ify onto my sword :P
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: The Man They Call Jayne on February 01, 2012, 09:39:22 am
Oh yeah, an Amulet of protection would be prefered. More suitable incase I have to change clothes again.
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: InsaneTD on February 01, 2012, 10:14:11 am
Just cause Rav didn't describe every step doesn't mean it wasn't done. Or Rav's setting a plot hook.

And well, tell my character that. :P


Narric, fine by me.
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: The Man They Call Jayne on February 01, 2012, 11:59:52 am
This way your character can come to the conclusion by himself and get on with it :P
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: InsaneTD on February 01, 2012, 12:05:29 pm
Doing the runes will take another day anyway. Just, try to stay out of trouble will ya? I'm already on my way back to the Beefsmith.
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Ravager Zero on February 01, 2012, 12:06:09 pm
Just cause Rav didn't describe every step doesn't mean it wasn't done. Or Rav's setting a plot hook.
No plot hooks.
I just assumed Tybalt would never be so careless with such an important item as to leave it behind. ;)
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: InsaneTD on February 01, 2012, 12:19:15 pm
Just cause Rav didn't describe every step doesn't mean it wasn't done. Or Rav's setting a plot hook.
No plot hooks.
I just assumed Tybalt would never be so careless with such an important item as to leave it behind. ;)
It's also his life. Tybalt is at his most careful when he is working.
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Ravager Zero on February 02, 2012, 01:33:25 am
Okay, I think that's everyone's actions for the daytime now. It's past sundown, the stars and moons are out, and you should all be arriving at the Beefsmith shortly. ;)
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Ravager Zero on February 02, 2012, 01:51:25 am
Tybalt still hasn't decided what rune to put on his rifle. I'll wait until I've done everyone elses before working on my gear. Work before pleasure. :P
I thought you wanted a rune of accuracy?
Anyway, I was gonna RP you as working on the rifle last anyway, as it's the most complex. ;)
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: InsaneTD on February 02, 2012, 01:59:36 am
Tybalt still hasn't decided what rune to put on his rifle. I'll wait until I've done everyone elses before working on my gear. Work before pleasure. :P
I thought you wanted a rune of accuracy?
Anyway, I was gonna RP you as working on the rifle last anyway, as it's the most complex. ;)
It's not what I really want on the rifle.


Is there a 'cat's eye' type rune that allows people to see in the dark? Or that can be inscribed on glasses or goggles?
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Ravager Zero on February 02, 2012, 02:39:50 am
Is there a 'cat's eye' type rune that allows people to see in the dark? Or that can be inscribed on glasses or goggles?
You'd be likely looking at a special type of enmeshed glass for that.

A similar rune would probably be like the "detect life" spell from Oblivion.

Each would have its uses, certainly, but you probably only need one. ;)
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: InsaneTD on February 02, 2012, 12:19:36 pm
Oh, well I'll edit my post.
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Narric on February 02, 2012, 12:20:56 pm
Didn't see that, thanks Rav
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: InsaneTD on February 02, 2012, 12:28:53 pm
Gonna have to let Rav get back to us on that Zothern.
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: The Man They Call Jayne on February 02, 2012, 12:50:28 pm
With regards to the Star Rubies and the Sunstone. Where do we think we will get best prices? Or do we want to keep some and sell the others?

The Collegiate might be better for the Sunstone, and a Jewellers for the Rubies, but there might be alternatives.
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Ravager Zero on February 02, 2012, 01:03:13 pm
TD: You'll be able to forge the arcane rune of banishment (Eximus) on Zothern's sword, but you'll need some rare supplies.

Jayne: The Sunstone fragments could be sold at the Collegiate, the smith's guild, or used for crafting particular runes. The star rubies could be appraised and sold at the jewellers, sold at the Far Trader, or auctioned off at the dockside bazaar.

And to those of you carrying Rikashi weapons, the Far Trader will give you the best prices, but there are other places in the city that will take them.
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: InsaneTD on February 02, 2012, 01:07:22 pm
Well I'll be sending the ones I carry back to my workshop in Cyven. I assume I have someone watching it for me?

Oh, I plan on buying a pouch like Ja'nus' and the material componets for any runes I know that have any.

By rare, do you mean the town won't have them, or they'll be damned expensive?

Are we spliting the loot from 'bosses' evenly or is it the person who gets the kill gets the loot?
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: The Man They Call Jayne on February 02, 2012, 01:31:30 pm
An even spread is fair. we all did the work. I dont mind handing you a few extra gold for the smithing work though.
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: InsaneTD on February 02, 2012, 01:41:04 pm
I'll only charge for the supplies needed. My character decided to come along just so he could help everyone with Runesmithing. It wouldn't be fair to voleenter to come along then charge you guys for my time.

If there was a mechanical cost to me it'd be a different story. :P

I also think an even spread is fair.
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Ravager Zero on February 02, 2012, 01:49:19 pm
Well I'll be sending the ones I carry back to my workshop in Cyven. I assume I have someone watching it for me?
I'd say maybe a journeyman level runesmith you'd trained up
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Ravager Zero on February 02, 2012, 01:50:53 pm
Well I provided you with my materials :P Call it 2 gold? If it is a Masterwork Rune then its worth the payment.
In reality, it would be worth a fair deal more than that.

Quote
Also, what exactly is a Masterwork rune and what different does it make? Im assuming its just better crafted or better at channeling essence?
It's a rune so well forged that it can never be broken or unmade unless the item it is on is physically destroyed.
And sometimes not even then
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: InsaneTD on February 02, 2012, 01:56:30 pm
I remember the costs you listed. :P I only want a little one really just so I can make better use of Istseyla.

Well if Ja'nus insisted Tybalt will except a small payment. That's also why I haven't charged you anything. It cost nothing more to inscribe. Oan and Marcus will have to pay their share of the Titan Metal.
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Scout Sergeant Mkoll on February 02, 2012, 02:09:27 pm
Well if Ja'nus insisted Tybalt will except a small payment. That's also why I haven't charged you anything. It cost nothing more to inscribe. Oan and Marcus will have to pay their share of the Titan Metal.
That's fine.

Out of interest Rav, how much money do I have? (prior to sale of star rubies and purchase of Titan Metal). Might do some shopping of my own when I get back. from this trip. :P
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: InsaneTD on February 02, 2012, 02:17:09 pm
Rav, how much was each coin worth? 100 copper = 1 gold, 10 silver = 1 gold, 10 copper = 1 silver?
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Mabbz on February 02, 2012, 02:19:52 pm
How much money will I have? I know I haven't joined yet, but I assume I'll start with some money. At least, I will if Ja'nus gets round to looking for me ;)
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Narric on February 02, 2012, 02:21:42 pm
A serious case of OOC here, but has anyone stopped to consider where their character would be here?:
[spoiler](http://ztoe.net/wp-content/uploads/2007/06/alignment1.gif)[/spoiler]
Or maybe one of the other Player-Characters?
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Scout Sergeant Mkoll on February 02, 2012, 02:28:14 pm
Rav, how much was each coin worth? 100 copper = 1 gold, 10 silver = 1 gold, 10 copper = 1 silver?
That's the system I used when working out the prices I gave Rav so I hope that's the case. :P

A serious case of OOC here, but has anyone stopped to consider where their character would be here?
My guy's probably just about neutral. Leaning towards neutral good.
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Mabbz on February 02, 2012, 02:41:18 pm
Well, Galithir was probably true neutral, since his main motivation was revenge against daemons. Saving lives is secondary to that. Possibly he has leanings towards lawful neutral.
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Narric on February 02, 2012, 02:46:45 pm
With you guys all siding with Lawful, I'm getting niggling urge to find some way of making Zothern flip the fuck out and go Chaotic Good :P
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: InsaneTD on February 02, 2012, 02:49:19 pm
With you guys all siding with Lawful, I'm getting niggling urge to find some way of making Zothern flip the fuck out and go Chaotic Good :P
That'd explain why he ain't a guard. :P
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Narric on February 02, 2012, 02:53:13 pm
With you guys all siding with Lawful, I'm getting niggling urge to find some way of making Zothern flip the fuck out and go Chaotic Good :P
That'd explain why he ain't a guard. :P
Great Scott, you're right :sadnshocked:

To the Loony-Cave
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: The Man They Call Jayne on February 02, 2012, 02:53:32 pm
The payment is more of a gratuity than anything. Plus if this rune helps to save my life and those of the party, I can hardly put a price on that can i?

So If the item were to be destroyed, how would the rune still works? Would it simply become attatched to the person who was using it?

@Mabbz, I don't know that im ment to be activly looking for anyone yet :P

As for my alignment. I think im Neutral Good with a leaning towards Chaotic Good. I will do what I have to when push comes to shove but i would feel very bad if some innocent where to get hurt because it. The Greater Good is what truely matters.
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Mabbz on February 02, 2012, 03:01:13 pm
With you guys all siding with Lawful, I'm getting niggling urge to find some way of making Zothern flip the y'xa'uk out and go Chaotic Good :P
Don't worry, my new character is chaotic neutral.

@Mabbz, I don't know that I'm meant to be actively looking for anyone yet :P
You're meant to be delivering that staff, and you already asked about my new character in one of ravs posts:
Emily looked aghast as she heard that little tale, and even Ja'nus turned away for a moment
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: InsaneTD on February 02, 2012, 03:03:56 pm
I don't remember reading that. Did Rav stealth edit that in? Damn ninja mods.
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Scout Sergeant Mkoll on February 02, 2012, 03:13:20 pm
I don't remember reading that. Did Rav stealth edit that in? Damn ninja mods.
No, it was there from the off. I read it. You're just silly. :P
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: InsaneTD on February 02, 2012, 03:16:27 pm
I don't remember reading that. Did Rav stealth edit that in? Damn ninja mods.
No, it was there from the off. I read it. You're just silly. :P
Well then. Yep. Ok. So how about that local sporting team?
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: The Man They Call Jayne on February 02, 2012, 04:51:12 pm
Darn, ok. I'll head to the Docks then.

And yes, I am a Fire Warrior. And Proud :P
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: El ShasOcho on February 02, 2012, 11:01:47 pm
I might be lawful or neutral good. Natural sense of right and wrong, not going to kill if I don't have to (the thugs in that village), but still ready to beat the shit outa people.
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Mabbz on February 02, 2012, 11:05:07 pm
Jayne, don't post anything on the RP yet (unless you're not planning on going into the alley after her), I need to sort something out with Rav
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: El ShasOcho on February 02, 2012, 11:08:26 pm
Guess whos back.
Back again.
Mabbz is back.
Tell a friend.
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Ravager Zero on February 02, 2012, 11:11:23 pm
Rav, how much was each coin worth? 100 copper = 1 gold, 10 silver = 1 gold, 10 copper = 1 silver?
Close-ish.
1 Gold = 12 Silver
1 Silver = 20 Copper
(it's like the imperial pound/shilling/pence system)
And as a very rough guide, I believe I said 1 Gold = $100 in terms of value. Meaning 1 Silver = $8.50, and 1 Copper = ~43
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: InsaneTD on February 02, 2012, 11:26:38 pm
Rav, how much was each coin worth? 100 copper = 1 gold, 10 silver = 1 gold, 10 copper = 1 silver?
Close-ish.
1 Gold = 12 Silver
1 Silver = 20 Copper
(it's like the imperial pound/shilling/pence system)
And as a very rough guide, I believe I said 1 Gold = $100 in terms of value. Meaning 1 Silver = $8.50, and 1 Copper = ~43
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Scout Sergeant Mkoll on February 02, 2012, 11:33:21 pm
Rav, how much was each coin worth? 100 copper = 1 gold, 10 silver = 1 gold, 10 copper = 1 silver?
Close-ish.
1 Gold = 12 Silver
1 Silver = 20 Copper
(it's like the imperial pound/shilling/pence system)
And as a very rough guide, I believe I said 1 Gold = $100 in terms of value. Meaning 1 Silver = $8.50, and 1 Copper = ~43
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Ravager Zero on February 02, 2012, 11:34:05 pm
Thanks Rav.

Of course Mkoll gets almost as much as me. :P
Actually, he got a re-roll, because the first time, he wound up with just 9 gold.
That didn't seem at all right, so I rolled a second time, and that made him rich
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Mabbz on February 02, 2012, 11:40:09 pm
Injured criminals pay quite well.

Guess whos back.
Back again.
Mabbz is back.
Tell a friend.

 ::) nice to see you care.
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: InsaneTD on February 02, 2012, 11:36:58 pm
Rav, how much was each coin worth? 100 copper = 1 gold, 10 silver = 1 gold, 10 copper = 1 silver?
Close-ish.
1 Gold = 12 Silver
1 Silver = 20 Copper
(it's like the imperial pound/shilling/pence system)
And as a very rough guide, I believe I said 1 Gold = $100 in terms of value. Meaning 1 Silver = $8.50, and 1 Copper = ~43
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: The Man They Call Jayne on February 02, 2012, 11:45:17 pm
Ok, i was going to give chase, but in future i'll read here first. So now im just standing at the docks and weighing up my options :P

Just bear in mind that I am unlikely to use magick just yet unless its life or death, it could go horribly wrong as I have had no practice yet.
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: InsaneTD on February 02, 2012, 11:46:40 pm
I'll care when I meet you. :P
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Ravager Zero on February 03, 2012, 12:03:11 am
Ok, i was going to give chase, but in future i'll read here first. So now im just standing at the docks and weighing up my options :P

Just bear in mind that I am unlikely to use magick just yet unless its life or death, it could go horribly wrong as I have had no practice yet.
Well, I RPed you as trying to do something smart.
Except, it appears Kahlan was a little smarter
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Mabbz on February 03, 2012, 12:11:02 am
Ok, i was going to give chase, but in future i'll read here first. So now im just standing at the docks and weighing up my options :P

Just bear in mind that I am unlikely to use magick just yet unless its life or death, it could go horribly wrong as I have had no practice yet.
Well, I RPed you as trying to do something smart.
Except, it appears Kahlan was a little smarter
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: The Man They Call Jayne on February 03, 2012, 12:28:35 am
How is it that I know BOTH canticle of the school of Rai-Tane then? Is that just a rare thing?

Mabbz is right though, Ja'nus doesnt like being threatened :P
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: InsaneTD on February 03, 2012, 12:40:57 am
How is it that I know BOTH canticle of the school of Rai-Tane then? Is that just a rare thing?

Mabbz is right though, Ja'nus doesnt like being threatened :P
Who does? :P
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: The Man They Call Jayne on February 03, 2012, 12:43:40 am
How is it that I know BOTH canticle of the school of Rai-Tane then? Is that just a rare thing?

Mabbz is right though, Ja'nus doesnt like being threatened :P
Who does? :P

Im sure someone gets a kick out of it :P
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Ravager Zero on February 03, 2012, 12:58:51 am
How is it that I know BOTH canticle of the school of Rai-Tane then? Is that just a rare thing?
Not that rare, but rare enough.
Both the weakest and the most powerful mages know only a single canticle.
The weak because that is all they can handle, the powerful because it allows them much greater focus.
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: El ShasOcho on February 03, 2012, 12:59:17 am
Ok, this is entirely hypothetical, but...
What would happen if I started hitting on Mabbz's new character? How long would it be between first words out of my mouth and me bleeding out?
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Mabbz on February 03, 2012, 01:02:47 am
How is it that I know BOTH canticle of the school of Rai-Tane then? Is that just a rare thing?

Mabbz is right though, Ja'nus doesnt like being threatened :P
Neither does Kahlan.

As for the canticles, he means that just because a mage is a pyromancer for example, that doesn't mean they have any association with geomancy. A seer can have no connection with chaosigans whatsoever.

Ok, this is entirely hypothetical, but...
What would happen if I started hitting on Mabbz's new character? How long would it be between first words out of my mouth and me bleeding out?
I'd advise waiting a bit, she has just lost her father...

Basically, try it now and you have about 2.5 seconds. In the future... who knows. Buy me a drink first  :-*
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: The Man They Call Jayne on February 03, 2012, 01:06:11 am
But picking up chicks in mourning is a time honoured tradition :P If he tries just nail his hands to the table :P

When we arrive at the Beefsmith do you want me to make the introductions?
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: El ShasOcho on February 03, 2012, 01:08:05 am
I shall bide my time then.  :shifty:
Can I assume she is rather attractive?
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: The Man They Call Jayne on February 03, 2012, 01:11:13 am
I shall bide my time then.  :shifty:
Can I assume she is rather attractive?

Shes an inner city medic to whom being attacked is part of daily life. By the laws of RPG she can probably drink you under the table and kick your arse with minimal affort :P
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: El ShasOcho on February 03, 2012, 01:15:06 am
I shall bide my time then.  :shifty:
Can I assume she is rather attractive?

Shes an inner city medic to whom being attacked is part of daily life. By the laws of RPG she can probably drink you under the table and kick your dyi with minimal affort :P
Oh I'm not gonna try that way. I'll play the big protective teddy bear card probably.
And my question was not answered.  :P
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: The Man They Call Jayne on February 03, 2012, 01:20:28 am
Of COURSE she is attractive, so that she can lure brutes like yourself into trying to get all protective of her so she can kick your ass to show that she REALLY doesnt need looking after. :P
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: El ShasOcho on February 03, 2012, 01:22:57 am
Of COURSE she is attractive, so that she can lure brutes like yourself into trying to get all protective of her so she can kick your dyi to show that she REALLY doesnt need looking after. :P
Thats all I need to know. Don't worry, I'll figure something out  :shifty:
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: The Man They Call Jayne on February 03, 2012, 01:29:54 am
You are in a big town, you have some gold, do you really need to hit on the only peice of tail that is going to be travelling with us?

Im sure that there are ladies of negotiable affection if you REALLY need to get your end away. :P
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Mabbz on February 03, 2012, 01:32:46 am
When we arrive at the Beefsmith do you want me to make the introductions?
That would probably be the best idea.

I shall bide my time then.  :shifty:
Can I assume she is rather attractive?
Shes an inner city medic to whom being attacked is part of daily life. By the laws of RPG she can probably drink you under the table and kick your dyi with minimal affort :P
Oh I'm not gonna try that way. I'll play the big protective teddy bear card probably.
And my question was not answered.  :P
Long red hair ties in a single braid, doesn't get into fights as often as Jayne thinks (I've healed a lot of hardened criminals. They mostly prefer to keep on my good side in case they need me again in the future), she got rid of most visible scarring with magic. She's quite well built from the fights she does get into but she mostly wins by knowing where to stab, so you could probably overpower her if she didn't have her knives.

Come to think of it, she looks a bit like princess Fiona when she's human. Although she has a leather... jerkin? leather armour for her torso, instead of a green dress

Of COURSE she is attractive, so that she can lure brutes like yourself into trying to get all protective of her so she can kick your dyi to show that she REALLY doesnt need looking after. :P
She wouldn't do that, she'd just save his life in a humiliating fashion. Why turn down free help :)
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: El ShasOcho on February 03, 2012, 01:38:42 am
You are in a big town, you have some gold, do you really need to hit on the only peice of tail that is going to be travelling with us?

Im sure that there are ladies of negotiable affection if you REALLY need to get your end away. :P
Well yeah, but wheres the fun in that? Plus I feel like Marcus would stay away from the unclean women, due to his good virtue.
@Mabbz: Thank you for details. How old is she, and how tall?
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: The Man They Call Jayne on February 03, 2012, 01:41:22 am
Oh so it's a "I'm your medic, and however little we may like or trust each other, we're on the same crew. Got the same troubles, same enemies, and more than enough of both. Now, we could circle each other and growl, sleep with one eye open, but that thought wearies me. I don't care what you've done, I don't know what you're planning on doing, but I'm trusting you. I think you should do the same. 'Cause I don't see this working any other way." kinda deal. :P
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: El ShasOcho on February 03, 2012, 01:45:30 am
Exactly. That, and adversity brings people together. And I think fighting daemons who want to tear our throats out counts as adversity.
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Mabbz on February 03, 2012, 01:49:20 am
Oh so it's a "I'm your medic, and however little we may like or trust each other, we're on the same crew. Got the same troubles, same enemies, and more than enough of both. Now, we could circle each other and growl, sleep with one eye open, but that thought wearies me. I don't care what you've done, I don't know what you're planning on doing, but I'm trusting you. I think you should do the same. 'Cause I don't see this working any other way." kinda deal. :P
Up until now there's been no real drama between characters; everyone has been really friendly, even if I did nearly kill Oan. To change that and make the story more interesting, Kahlan and Ja'nus are going to be at each other's throats, at least for a while. Personally I think you're just jealous that Marcus is getting in first  ;)

You are in a big town, you have some gold, do you really need to hit on the only peice of tail that is going to be travelling with us?

Im sure that there are ladies of negotiable affection if you REALLY need to get your end away. :P
Well yeah, but wheres the fun in that? Plus I feel like Marcus would stay away from the unclean women, due to his good virtue.
@Mabbz: Thank you for details. How old is she, and how tall?
She's around 21 - 22 ish, and 5'8"
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: The Man They Call Jayne on February 03, 2012, 01:54:47 am
Mages do not often give in to sexual attraction, it distracts them from higher thoughts, so you aren't going to be able to seduce me. :P

A small amount of animosity never hurt anyone either. Well. . .technically. . .
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Mabbz on February 03, 2012, 01:59:18 am
you aren't going to be able to seduce me. :P
That sounds like a challenge :-*
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: El ShasOcho on February 03, 2012, 02:02:37 am
Well she's about my age then, 3" shorter. Seems completely plausible that she would like a good country boy after dealing with the city scum for her whole life.
you aren't going to be able to seduce me. :P
That sounds like a challenge :-*
No don't pay attention to him, pay attention to Marcus, hes waaaay cooler
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Mabbz on February 03, 2012, 02:44:12 am
I feel I should ask here, do you intend to tell Kahlan that Galithir might come back as a revenant someday?
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: InsaneTD on February 03, 2012, 03:11:07 am
I wonder how she'd react to that.
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Scout Sergeant Mkoll on February 03, 2012, 11:51:49 am
I need Rav to update with my actions. I don't know how much he wants to give away at this point so I don't know how Skoli would answer my questions.

Also, I did point out that Marcus knows where we're staying as well as myself. :)
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: The Man They Call Jayne on February 03, 2012, 11:55:53 am
Well I wasnt paying attention to that. Besides, Marcus is currently preoocupied making goo-goo eyes at Kahlan and is unlikely to be any use ever again. :P
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: InsaneTD on February 03, 2012, 12:02:24 pm
Well I wasnt paying attention to that. Besides, Marcus is currently preoocupied making goo-goo eyes at Kahlan and is unlikely to be any use ever again. :P
I don't think he's the only one.
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Ravager Zero on February 03, 2012, 12:04:21 pm
I need Rav to update with my actions. I don't know how much he wants to give away at this point so I don't know how Skoli would answer my questions.
I wasn't actually sure if you were going to watch the warehouses tonight or night.
You left it kind of vague.

I'd assume everyone would prefer to sleep this night, and you can have a helper tomorrow night. Also, Skoli didn't say it was very urgent, just that he wanted to know what was happening. ;)
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Scout Sergeant Mkoll on February 03, 2012, 12:06:36 pm
I need Rav to update with my actions. I don't know how much he wants to give away at this point so I don't know how Skoli would answer my questions.
I wasn't actually sure if you were going to watch the warehouses tonight or night.
You left it kind of vague.
No I didn't, when I left the Beefsmith I went to Skoli's manor and announced myself at the tradesman's entrance. :P

See:
"My thanks Tybalt. I'll make sure I take it with me tomorrow, just in case." Finishing his meal Oan stood. "I'm going to see if I can't find out a bit more from Skoli, something seems amiss in Darrow itself, one of my father's acquaintances seems to be behaving rather strangely, even for him. Marcus knows where we're staying, but I shouldn't be too long."

With that Oan collected his weapons and armour by the door and made for Skoli's manor, where he proceeded to the tradesman's entrance and announced himself.
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: InsaneTD on February 03, 2012, 01:46:36 pm
I haven't got a problem with mine.
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Mabbz on February 03, 2012, 07:25:37 pm
Anyone have any suggestions on what I should do? I suppose I could go ask questions at the docks about the missing goods, I do have some criminals that owe me favours after all...

You're right about Kahlan, she's still a little confused about her motives. Mostly I think she just wants to finish what her father started. There was never any mystery about Galithir's motivation though. He's been trying to get revenge on any and all daemons for years now.

Also, quit staring at my ass, ShasOcho! If I'd been online earlier I would have slapped you upside your head ;)
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Scout Sergeant Mkoll on February 03, 2012, 07:28:52 pm
Anyone have any suggestions on what I should do? I suppose I could go ask questions at the docks about the missing goods, I do have some criminals that owe me favours after all...
Honestly, I suggest getting your character to know the party. There may be some info we know, or that you know, that could help either way. Failing that, accompanying Zothern and keeping an eye on Skoli's goods would be helpful.
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: The Man They Call Jayne on February 03, 2012, 07:34:21 pm
Thats probably the best thing. Kahlan knows the docks better than any of us. Hell she might even know who is doing it. Or knows someone who knows and so on :P
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: El ShasOcho on February 03, 2012, 10:57:30 pm
Anyone have any suggestions on what I should do? I suppose I could go ask questions at the docks about the missing goods, I do have some criminals that owe me favours after all...

You're right about Kahlan, she's still a little confused about her motives. Mostly I think she just wants to finish what her father started. There was never any mystery about Galithir's motivation though. He's been trying to get revenge on any and all daemons for years now.

Also, quit staring at my dyi, ShasOcho! If I'd been online earlier I would have slapped you upside your head ;)
To be fair it was Jayne who initially wrote me doing that. I was going to play it safe, but Jayne wrote it so I went with it.
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Narric on February 03, 2012, 11:24:52 pm
Hey Mabbs, what was Kahlen's equipment again?
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: El ShasOcho on February 03, 2012, 11:28:54 pm
Mkoll or Rav, are we heading out with the guards to check on the ruined traders right now?
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Scout Sergeant Mkoll on February 03, 2012, 11:38:29 pm
Mkoll or Rav, are we heading out with the guards to check on the ruined traders right now?
We are. I was waiting for Rav to confirm that Skoli's free to discuss a few things with me when we get back from the trip before writing that in, but that is the plan. :P
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: El ShasOcho on February 03, 2012, 11:44:40 pm
Mkoll or Rav, are we heading out with the guards to check on the ruined traders right now?
We are. I was waiting for Rav to confirm that Skoli's free to discuss a few things with me when we get back from the trip before writing that in, but that is the plan. :P
Alright. I'll let you take care of writing that out then.
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Narric on February 04, 2012, 12:21:51 am
Ok, thanks.

I like to have a clear picture of who I'm imagining my imagination is interacting with XD
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: The Man They Call Jayne on February 04, 2012, 01:00:38 am
Well it's kinda hard to be worse than me in CC really isnt it :P
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: El ShasOcho on February 04, 2012, 01:03:39 am
Is she 20 or 22? You seem to have conflicting information.  :shifty:
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Scout Sergeant Mkoll on February 04, 2012, 01:06:50 am
Is she 20 or 22? You seem to have conflicting information.  :shifty:
Yes, I'm sure your desire to have that sorted out is purely a clerical matter. :P
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: The Man They Call Jayne on February 04, 2012, 01:11:03 am
Just a thought, for those interested, this:

http://easydamus.com/alignment.html

Goes into great detail about how certain alignments are likely to act and what their personal codes might be like.
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Mabbz on February 04, 2012, 01:19:19 am
Couple of things occurred to me:

1) What are the social norms for womens clothing in this? Are people going to disapprove of me wearing trousers, for example. Of course, if someone does start bothering me about it I'll just stab them, but I'd still like to know.

2) Aside from the obvious, what applications are the for healing magic? A few unusual examples:
-induce a coma
-reverse/inhibit healing
-perform a quick medical exam, revealing weak points on an enemy
-healing mental traits (e.g. In a book I have, a character is said to have healed a group of men of all the reasons they wanted to kill her. She then killed them with their own weapons while they were smiling at everything)


Well it's kinda hard to be worse than me in CC really isnt it :P
True, but on the plus side your magic tends to go spectacularly over the top.

Is she 20 or 22? You seem to have conflicting information.  :shifty:
I posted her profile a while back. I then copy and pasted, adding some things (like her bio) and changing others (age and height). Seems I missed a bit though. She is 22.
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: The Man They Call Jayne on February 04, 2012, 01:21:51 am
If pyro magic isn't over the top it's not worth doing :P

Here's Ja'nus' results for his alignment. Seems I was right. Equal part Neutral and Chaotic Good.

Detailed Results:

Alignment:
Lawful Good ----- XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX (21)
Neutral Good ---- XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX (26)
Chaotic Good ---- XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX (26)
Lawful Neutral -- XXXXXXXXXXXXXX (14)
True Neutral ---- XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX (19)
Chaotic Neutral - XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX (19)
Lawful Evil ----- XXXXXXXX (8)
Neutral Evil ---- XXXXXXXXXXXXX (13)
Chaotic Evil ---- XXXXXXXXXXXXX (13)

Law & Chaos:
Law ----- XXXXX (5)
Neutral - XXXXXXXXXX (10)
Chaos --- XXXXXXXXXX (10)

Good & Evil:
Good ---- XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX (16)
Neutral - XXXXXXXXX (9)
Evil ---- XXX (3)
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: InsaneTD on February 04, 2012, 01:23:55 am
Why even bother with that? Rav hasn't set mechanics that deal with alignment so who cares?

I can't remember how old I made my character.
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: The Man They Call Jayne on February 04, 2012, 01:25:55 am
It matters to me so i can set perameters as to what my character may and may not do.
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Narric on February 04, 2012, 01:31:31 am
Zothern is: Neutral Good

Alignment:
Lawful Good ----- XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX (22)
Neutral Good ---- XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX (24)
Chaotic Good ---- XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX (18)
Lawful Neutral -- XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX (21)
True Neutral ---- XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX (23)
Chaotic Neutral - XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX (17)
Lawful Evil ----- XXXXXXXXX (9)
Neutral Evil ---- XXXXXXXXXXX (11)
Chaotic Evil ---- XXXXX (5)

Law & Chaos:
Law ----- XXXXXXXXX (9)
Neutral - XXXXXXXXXXX (11)
Chaos --- XXXXX (5)

Good & Evil:
Good ---- XXXXXXXXXXXXX (13)
Neutral - XXXXXXXXXXXX (12)
Evil ---- (0)
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Mabbz on February 04, 2012, 01:42:59 am
Kahlan is neutral evil, Galithir was true neutral. Both had leanings towards the chaotic side of neutral.

TD, I'm taking the test out of vague curiosity.
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Ravager Zero on February 04, 2012, 02:38:04 am
Couple of things occurred to me:

1) What are the social norms for womens clothing in this? Are people going to disapprove of me wearing trousers, for example. Of course, if someone does start bothering me about it I'll just stab them, but I'd still like to know.
It's dependent on location as well as time of year.
Darrow tends to be a little freer with clothing unless it's the Great Fall, in which case they think all people should be dressing sensibly rather than attractively.
Cyven is rather traditional in its views, still being a monarchy. Regal dresses and full regalia are still common.
Sueni, and other eastern cities are very open, due to the heat, especially during Firetide. Exposed flesh is encouraged during the hottest days, along with bathing in the terreaces around the oasis.
Northern cities tend to have traditional views, but laced with the view that form should follow function, and keep the wearer warm.

Quote
2) Aside from the obvious, what applications are the for healing magic? A few unusual examples:
-induce a coma
-reverse/inhibit healing
-perform a quick medical exam, revealing weak points on an enemy
-healing mental traits (e.g. In a book I have, a character is said to have healed a group of men of all the reasons they wanted to kill her. She then killed them with their own weapons while they were smiling at everything)
It would be next to impossible to induce (or reverse) a coma. You could induce very deep sleep though.
Healing can be inhibited, but not reversed unless it was very recent.
Medical exam, on biological creatures, yes. Revealing weakpoints, maybe, maybe not, depending on the complexity of the creature.
The mind cannot be messed with. Not by healing magicks at any rate
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: The Man They Call Jayne on February 04, 2012, 09:28:14 am
Wow, that amulet is costly.

Well if you purchase it and take my share of the ruby money, I can give you the rest back when we meet up again. I think Ja'nus will agree that it is worth the price to stay alive.

We still have another day or so here, so I could go and find a bit of work with those Geomancers rebuilding the walls that we passed on the way in, maybe raise some more money.
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: InsaneTD on February 04, 2012, 09:33:54 am
Yeah. Tybalt will be inquiring as to how much it'll cost for the Materials for Eximus before he leaves the Hall tonight. If they don't have it or it's too much I'll be seeing if I can get the materials around darrow.
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Mabbz on February 04, 2012, 11:51:57 am
Come to think of it, I haven't met emily yet, have I? Is she likely to wind up travelling with us?
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Ravager Zero on February 04, 2012, 12:03:56 pm
Come to think of it, I haven't met emily yet, have I? Is she likely to wind up travelling with us?
She's not really a fighter, so she's not likely to travel with you lot.
Main reason being that she'd be unable to contribute to any fight in any meaningful manner, and you'd have to spare a person to protect her.

Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: The Man They Call Jayne on February 04, 2012, 12:12:59 pm
As a seer she has use though, although we may end up causing the situation we were trying to prevent. She has those flintlocks too. If we do invite her along, I could watch her, teach her how to focus her abilities. I dont get into the thick of things either so she could stay back with me and shoot at stuff.

Or we can leave her in Darrow, she isnt best pleased with us right now anyway.
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Mabbz on February 04, 2012, 12:22:24 pm
Come to think of it, I haven't met emily yet, have I? Is she likely to wind up travelling with us [bit I assumed didn't need saying]when we leaved Darrow[/bit I assumed didn't need saying]?
She travelled the last half day with us.
I am aware of that. Kahlan hasn't met her, though I don't suppose it matters much. Unless she take one look at me and says "you're going to kill everyone!"

Hmm... Seers can be useful, but they can also be a massive pain with no real benefit just as easily. I'm tempted to say bring her along just so we can take her flintlocks if she dies. Seriously though, I vote we leave her here unless she asks to come with us.

P.S. I have no plans to kill everyone.
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: InsaneTD on February 04, 2012, 12:25:11 pm
Oh right, new PC. :P

I say leave her here. She's only just found out she is a Seer. Best to let her get used to it and train.
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: The Man They Call Jayne on February 04, 2012, 12:45:29 pm
We can leave her if thats the concensus.

Its entirely possible that she will train up and then jump on another caravan and catch us up later, or be a little ways ahead. The Gary to our Ash as it were :P

Of course I could read WAY to much into it and suggest that her sister is now completly nuts and has people killing everyone she is with because of the the events in Perro's Folly, she now sees everyone as a threat and she is just trying to protect her sister. Shes just going about it in a really psycho way,

Thats if I was reading WAY too much into it though.
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: InsaneTD on February 04, 2012, 01:29:20 pm
We can leave her if thats the concensus.

Its entirely possible that she will train up and then jump on another caravan and catch us up later, or be a little ways ahead. The Gary to our Ash as it were :P

Of course I could read WAY to much into it and suggest that her sister is now completly nuts and has people killing everyone she is with because of the the events in Perro's Folly, she now sees everyone as a threat and she is just trying to protect her sister. Shes just going about it in a really psycho way,

Thats if I was reading WAY too much into it though.
Plausible, but I don't think it's Rav's style.
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: The Man They Call Jayne on February 04, 2012, 01:31:19 pm
We can leave her if thats the concensus.

Its entirely possible that she will train up and then jump on another caravan and catch us up later, or be a little ways ahead. The Gary to our Ash as it were :P

Of course I could read WAY to much into it and suggest that her sister is now completly nuts and has people killing everyone she is with because of the the events in Perro's Folly, she now sees everyone as a threat and she is just trying to protect her sister. Shes just going about it in a really psycho way,

Thats if I was reading WAY too much into it though.
Plausible, but I don't think it's Rav's style.

Which is it is EXACTLY why he would do it! :P
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: InsaneTD on February 04, 2012, 01:34:54 pm
Honestly, it's a little cliche.

You're probably right and she is a plot hook. Question is, is she a distraction hook, or a true plot hook?
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: The Man They Call Jayne on February 04, 2012, 02:47:22 pm
Mkoll, dont forget that you might not be allowed into the Collegiate. Zothern wasn't. She may have to come to you, and shes not that happy with us right now.
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Scout Sergeant Mkoll on February 04, 2012, 02:52:52 pm
Mkoll, dont forget that you might not be allowed into the Collegiate. Zothern wasn't. She may have to come to you, and shes not that happy with us right now.
That's why I left it at me asking the guard, and I don't know she's unhappy with us. Of course if Jan'us just happened to be passing by the main entrance and saw Oan.... :P
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: The Man They Call Jayne on February 04, 2012, 03:00:25 pm
Mkoll, dont forget that you might not be allowed into the Collegiate. Zothern wasn't. She may have to come to you, and shes not that happy with us right now.
That's why I left it at me asking the guard, and I don't know she's unhappy with us. Of course if Jan'us just happened to be passing by the main entrance and saw Oan.... :P
He busy getting his Gok on and looking for some new robes :P
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: InsaneTD on February 04, 2012, 03:05:34 pm
Gok on?
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Ravager Zero on February 04, 2012, 11:04:21 pm
Gok on?
Gok Wan, Gok's fashion fix?
At least, I think that's what Jayne is trying to reference.  ;D
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: The Man They Call Jayne on February 05, 2012, 02:07:08 am
I dont get new robes then? :P
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: El ShasOcho on February 04, 2012, 11:34:50 pm
Rav, can you give me some sort of post for looking for/ going to the Fletcher's, and how well my bow works for me?
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: The Man They Call Jayne on February 05, 2012, 01:32:30 am
Gok on?
Gok Wan, Gok's fashion fix?
At least, I think that's what Jayne is trying to reference.  ;D

3 points to the man behind the curtain.
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: InsaneTD on February 05, 2012, 01:44:20 am
Gok on?
Gok Wan, Gok's fashion fix?
At least, I think that's what Jayne is trying to reference.  ;D

3 points to the man behind the curtain.
I still have no idea. Nevermind I guess.
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Ravager Zero on February 05, 2012, 01:57:16 am
Rav, can you give me some sort of post for looking for/ going to the Fletcher's, and how well my bow works for me?
Done and done.

I think that covers everyone from morning to early afternoon now.
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: El ShasOcho on February 05, 2012, 02:47:35 am
Does anyone have any rikashi weapons they want me to sell for them?I am sort of hanging around, so I might make a trip to the far trader to make some cash. I am probably going to sell some of my daggers as having 5 is a little unnecessary for me.
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Ravager Zero on February 05, 2012, 07:41:51 am
I dont get new robes then? :P
Check the RP thread.
Happy now? :P
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: InsaneTD on February 05, 2012, 11:00:36 am
I dont get new robes then? :P
Check the RP thread.
Happy now? :P
What about my arvo actions?
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: The Man They Call Jayne on February 05, 2012, 12:47:41 pm
Does anyone have any rikashi weapons they want me to sell for them?I am sort of hanging around, so I might make a trip to the far trader to make some cash. I am probably going to sell some of my daggers as having 5 is a little unnecessary for me.
I could sell mine i suppose. If I ever have to be in CC i have my staff.
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Mabbz on February 05, 2012, 01:26:30 pm
Rav, about those kids. Does their dad know that they're stealing? I'm guessing not but I want to be sure. Or will I have to find that out?
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Scout Sergeant Mkoll on February 05, 2012, 01:36:22 pm
Yay. I get to argue with Emily soon. :P Trying to calm her down should be fun. If she'll speak to me that is.
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Ravager Zero on February 05, 2012, 01:39:53 pm
Rav, about those kids. Does their dad know that they're stealing? I'm guessing not but I want to be sure. Or will I have to find that out?
He doesn't know.
Yet.

Yay. I get to argue with Emily soon. :P Trying to calm her down should be fun. If she'll speak to me that is.
She's still at the Collegiate, and not taking visitors.
Also, it's rather hard for non-mages to get in past the grotto/library area, given the doors are warded with Essence
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Scout Sergeant Mkoll on February 05, 2012, 01:42:27 pm
Yay. I get to argue with Emily soon. :P Trying to calm her down should be fun. If she'll speak to me that is.
She's still at the Collegiate, and not taking visitors.
Also, it's rather hard for non-mages to get in past the grotto/library area, given the doors are warded with Essence
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Mabbz on February 05, 2012, 02:00:43 pm
Remember how Ja'nus' pyromancy practice didn't get past a big magical barrier? I don't think you have a chance of getting in. Have fun trying though. You can always send me or Ja'nus in, though i don't think Kahlan and the collegiate see eye to eye.
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Scout Sergeant Mkoll on February 05, 2012, 02:10:00 pm
Remember how Ja'nus' pyromancy practice didn't get past a big magical barrier? I don't think you have a chance of getting in. Have fun trying though. You can always send me or Ja'nus in, though i don't think Kahlan and the collegiate see eye to eye.
I was kinda hoping the protection would stop those of dishonest intent. My intentions are honest, I just want to talk. :P I guess I could send Jan'us in with a message and hope that it's enough to get her to speak to me.
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: The Man They Call Jayne on February 05, 2012, 02:16:13 pm
You could just leave a note with the man on the door and ask for it to be delivered to her.
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Mabbz on February 05, 2012, 09:00:46 pm
Another quick question, how effective is healing magic at long range? Will I be able to effectively heal someone from the other side of a melee? Also, how would I have to be to put someone to sleep?
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Ravager Zero on February 05, 2012, 09:50:24 pm
Another quick question, how effective is healing magic at long range? Will I be able to effectively heal someone from the other side of a melee? Also, how would I have to be to put someone to sleep?
It's moderately effective at long range. It works much better up close, especially if you can lay hands on the target of the magick.

To put someone/something to sleep you'd have to be close, but you wouldn't have to touch the target, although that would be more effective. ;)

I was kinda hoping the protection would stop those of dishonest intent. My intentions are honest, I just want to talk. :P I guess I could send Jan'us in with a message and hope that it's enough to get her to speak to me.
Intent has nothing to do with it I'm afraid.
The grounds are for mages only.

As for scaling the walls
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Scout Sergeant Mkoll on February 05, 2012, 09:54:49 pm
I was kinda hoping the protection would stop those of dishonest intent. My intentions are honest, I just want to talk. :P I guess I could send Jan'us in with a message and hope that it's enough to get her to speak to me.
Intent has nothing to do with it I'm afraid.
The grounds are for mages only.

As for scaling the walls
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: The Man They Call Jayne on February 05, 2012, 10:05:01 pm
Well if you go in you might get blown up by a stray magickal blast :P you dont want that :P
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: The Man They Call Jayne on February 05, 2012, 10:15:28 pm
Other than the staff, are there any other weapons that a Mage might use? Or is the staff more than sufficient to cover all the bases?
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Ravager Zero on February 05, 2012, 10:38:34 pm
Other than the staff, are there any other weapons that a Mage might use? Or is the staff more than sufficient to cover all the bases?
Staves are pretty much it, unless you also have significant training as a warrior.
Most mages concentrate on magick, and using their talents offensively rather learning the arts of battle.
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: The Man They Call Jayne on February 06, 2012, 03:52:28 am
Is the system that Darrow use for identifying mage ranks a standard system? If so then we could certainly benefit from knowing it. It would give us a chance to identify the threat level posed by any rouge mages we meet. It's likely that if there any documentation in the robe makers, Ja'nus would have read up on it while he was waiting (because that's what I do :P) in order to keep up with general knowledge.
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Narric on February 06, 2012, 11:41:17 am
Sorry about disappearing (again), was busy moving my gf in :P
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Scout Sergeant Mkoll on February 06, 2012, 04:03:38 pm
Out of interest Rav, is it possible to have 2 runes on 1 sword? ie: Rune of Banishment and that rune of penetration/sharpness I wanted?
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: The Man They Call Jayne on February 06, 2012, 09:31:03 pm
How does one go about acheiving Legendary Mage status? Presumably it isnt something that was on the chart I read?
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Ravager Zero on February 06, 2012, 09:44:32 pm
Out of interest Rav, is it possible to have 2 runes on 1 sword? ie: Rune of Banishment and that rune of penetration/sharpness I wanted?
It is, but it runs the risk of breaking the sword during the forging of the second rune. So much power is not easily contained.

How does one go about acheiving Legendary Mage status? Presumably it isnt something that was on the chart I read?
Not on the chart, no.
You have to actually achieve a feat that would normally only be heard of in a legendary tale. ;)
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: The Man They Call Jayne on February 06, 2012, 09:49:44 pm
So Legendary Mages are quite rare then. I suppose channeling Rai-Tain doesnt count :P That said HE possesed me, I didn't do it did I.
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Scout Sergeant Mkoll on February 06, 2012, 10:05:25 pm
Out of interest Rav, is it possible to have 2 runes on 1 sword? ie: Rune of Banishment and that rune of penetration/sharpness I wanted?
It is, but it runs the risk of breaking the sword during the forging of the second rune. So much power is not easily contained.
Would the Rikashi blade I picked up stand a better chance of withstanding it?
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Mabbz on February 06, 2012, 10:16:40 pm
I just remembered I could ask Tybalt to enchant something of mine. Hmm... I'd probably want one of the following

- a rune of agility, if they exist. Make sure I can get close enough to stab
- a rune of protection. I have a leather jerkin, making it tougher is always useful
- a rune of sharpness on my knives
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Scout Sergeant Mkoll on February 06, 2012, 11:03:40 pm
Damn. That's a pity.

In that case I have a new plan. Good job I mentioned training with 2 weapon fighting in my character's bio. :P
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: InsaneTD on February 06, 2012, 11:22:38 pm
Rav, how much gold do I have left?
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: The Man They Call Jayne on February 06, 2012, 11:31:38 pm
Check Page 2 of this thread. Rav's been updating our Bio and equipment pages as we go along.
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: The Man They Call Jayne on February 07, 2012, 12:14:30 am
Ok, so what exactly did I just do? It was bloody knackering by the look of it!

Hilarious read though. :)
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Ravager Zero on February 07, 2012, 01:28:33 am
Ok, so what exactly did I just do? It was bloody knackering by the look of it!

Hilarious read though. :)
You enmeshed ten pounds of tungsten carbide & titanium into adamant(ium).
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: The Man They Call Jayne on February 07, 2012, 01:32:48 am
Ok, so what exactly did I just do? It was bloody knackering by the look of it!

Hilarious read though. :)
You enmeshed ten pounds of tungsten carbide & titanium into adamant(ium).

I assuming from everyones reaction that this is not a common occourance then? And will the exhaustion go away after a good meal and a drink?
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: El ShasOcho on February 07, 2012, 02:30:13 am
Rav, do you think you could put up a post of me taking the rikashi weapons and selling them? I plan on selling all of mine except the punch, and possibly the assassins. Is that like a throwing knife?
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: InsaneTD on February 07, 2012, 02:40:27 am
Well there goes my plan for shopping for myself today. :P

On a side note, they gave us 40 golds worth of materials for inscribing. Very nice.

Jayne, you might want to ask Kahlan to give you a check up. You're still pretty screwed from the fight which can't be helping you any.
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: The Man They Call Jayne on February 07, 2012, 02:42:16 am
I have a feeling Im going to collapse face first into my potatoes anyway :P
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: El ShasOcho on February 07, 2012, 02:58:23 am
Thanks Rav. In that case I will just keep the punch dagger, that thing is cool. I have a regular dagger, the assassin dagger seems more ceremonial, and I already have something that blocks and stabs.
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: InsaneTD on February 07, 2012, 03:39:54 am
Ok, my to do list while in darrow;
1, Finish Runes
2, forge/buy dagger
3, ship Rikashi daggers to my workshop
4, pouch and material componets for invoking Istselya.
5, replenish supplies and get enough extra for 7 days travel.

Not gonna put anything on my Rifle for now. Don't want a rune of accuracy and can't think of anything else to put on it.
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: InsaneTD on February 07, 2012, 04:57:58 am
What would it cost me to forge my own?

And now I'm not sure I want to send them. :P
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: InsaneTD on February 07, 2012, 09:32:11 am
Hmm.... Plot hooks are fun. Who wants to come to the see the courier with me?
 :P

I think I'll forge my own dagger once I finish the runes. Maybe put a rune on it too actually. Have to have a think on that.
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Mabbz on February 07, 2012, 09:37:31 am
So... is there a rune of agility?

Do you guys think we should buy a horse to carry our stuff? We could take more supplies and possibly travel further per day, as well as putting anyone that get severely injured on it. How much is a horse?

Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Ravager Zero on February 07, 2012, 10:20:09 am
So... is there a rune of agility?
Not so much agility as it is swiftness.

Quote
Do you guys think we should buy a horse to carry our stuff? We could take more supplies and possibly travel further per day, as well as putting anyone that get severely injured on it. How much is a horse?
A horse is expensive.
A simple workhorse would be 10-12 gold.
A heavy draft-horse would be 15-20 gold, depending on breeding.
A true warhorse (destrier/charger) would be in the realm of 50 gold.

To move significantly faster than you lot do know, you'd need a horse, each. And only Tybalt is a trained rider. No one in the party has training to actually fight from horseback. Hunt & shoot, yes, fight, no.
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Mabbz on February 07, 2012, 10:31:32 am
So... is there a rune of agility?
Not so much agility as it is swiftness.

Quote
Do you guys think we should buy a horse to carry our stuff? We could take more supplies and possibly travel further per day, as well as putting anyone that get severely injured on it. How much is a horse?
A horse is expensive.
A simple workhorse would be 10-12 gold.
A heavy draft-horse would be 15-20 gold, depending on breeding.
A true warhorse (destrier/charger) would be in the realm of 50 gold.

To move significantly faster than you lot do know, you'd need a horse, each. And only Tybalt is a trained rider. No one in the party has training to actually fight from horseback. Hunt & shoot, yes, fight, no.
Whats the difference between agility and swiftness?

As for the horses, I kind of figured most of us couldn't ride. Still, a horse could be useful as a baggage horse and method of carrying injured companions.
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: InsaneTD on February 07, 2012, 10:42:50 am
I'm a trained rider? ??? Because of hunting with the nobles right?

Or is it from spending my formative years on my family's farm before Serria found me?
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: InsaneTD on February 07, 2012, 12:56:55 pm
Depending on how you picture the nobles of Cyven, keeping me around for a laugh is a distinct posibility. :P

Honestly, I think we are best off not having a pack animal. It's only likely to panic and bolt when daemons attack or it'll get killed leaving us having to leave stuff behind. We're best off sticking to just what we can carry. It does mean we can carry less loot but I believe it is the best option. That said, your gold, you choice.
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Ravager Zero on May 16, 2012, 05:37:23 am
Alright people, scavenger hunt time.
Any part of ETD you find, report it. I'll get an email, linking me right to the post, and split & merge threads as appropriate until this patchwork resembles our grand adventure once more.
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: InsaneTD on May 16, 2012, 07:25:36 am
Will do El Capi'tain.
Title: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Mabbz on May 16, 2012, 08:26:59 am
I reported three yesterday, it was all I could find with the search function (I searched for 'Kahlan').
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: InsaneTD on May 16, 2012, 09:41:27 am
Searching 'Enter, the Darkness' should help, but if you only found three with her name then we are missing about a months worth of posts then. :/
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Scout Sergeant Mkoll on May 16, 2012, 10:12:44 am
Searching Oan, Jan'us and Tybalt produces nothing that isn't already here.
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: InsaneTD on May 16, 2012, 10:59:43 am
Well that's a damn shame. That means that there is 20 pages from just this thread missing all up.


Well, from memory, we had made camp for the night on our way to Cyven. Or maybe it was morning? Not 100% on which but we were travelling to Cyven.
Title: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Vyper on May 16, 2012, 07:01:48 pm
Is E, UD going to disappear when this is sorted out?
Title: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Railgun Convention on May 16, 2012, 08:27:36 pm
I doubt it. Either they'll get merged near the end, or one will have an effect (probably minor) on the other.
Title: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Ravager Zero on May 17, 2012, 05:18:24 am
I doubt it. Either they'll get merged near the end, or one will have an effect (probably minor) on the other.
Something like this.

It appears as though vast chunks of E,TD are still missing though, especially the underground fights, the fight vs the dryads, and most everything that happened in Darrow.
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: InsaneTD on May 17, 2012, 05:36:32 am
As much as I want to find them all, I don't want to trawl through 1.4 million posts across thousands of threads. :/

FT has also said the newest backup was about a month old so we'll have lost most of Darrow anyway.
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Ravager Zero on May 17, 2012, 07:07:49 am
As much as I want to find them all, I don't want to trawl through 1.4 million posts across thousands of threads. :/

FT has also said the newest backup was about a month old so we'll have lost most of Darrow anyway.
Graaaargh!
Argenblargulgargenblarg!

*Deep breaths*

Okay, okay, I can fix this.
Sort of. I have the beat chart, the most recent combats, and a clear memory of what I had planned for your untimely deaths adventures. Losing the OOC page with all the stats and equipment on it is a blow though, as that was a great cheat sheet.
Title: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Vyper on May 17, 2012, 07:11:50 am
If the opportunity presents itself, any chance I can join this one at some point?
Title: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Mabbz on May 17, 2012, 08:31:50 am

As much as I want to find them all, I don't want to trawl through 1.4 million posts across thousands of threads. :/

FT has also said the newest backup was about a month old so we'll have lost most of Darrow anyway.
Graaaargh!
Argenblargulgargenblarg!

*Deep breaths*

Okay, okay, I can fix this.
Sort of. I have the beat chart, the most recent combats, and a clear memory of what I had planned for your untimely deaths adventures. Losing the OOC page with all the stats and equipment on it is a blow though, as that was a great cheat sheet.
Would it be helpful for us to re-post our character profiles with whatever we remember? Also, I went looking for mine (it's vanished) and I found this:

How much money will I have? I know I haven't joined yet, but I assume I'll start with some money. At least, I will if Ja'nus gets round to looking for me ;)
According to the laws of chance and fate (aka, some dice) you have 21 gold (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3357116/).
Marcus has 23 gold (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3357126/).
Ja'nus has 16 gold (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3357130/). (Stop whining, you came from a small town, and they couldn't pay you that much. :P)
Oan has 38 gold (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3357147/). (He gets +1d20 there because of his association with nobles.)
I believe I spent a bit (no more than two gold) and earned 5 gold by healing that messenger.
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: The Man They Call Jayne on May 17, 2012, 08:34:59 am
I saved Ja'nus stats and Bio when I made him:

Ja'nus Faeyon

Physical: 15
Mental: 10
Mystical: 6

HP: 14

White Mage
School of Rai-Tane

Pyromancy/Geomancy

Divine/Malign intervention (-2 HP and occasional incidents when in critical condition)
Blessing of Rai-Tane (Bonus to Pyromancy/Geomancy I think)
Rai-Tane Robes (Travelling robes, warm, 2 sets)
Feayon family Magestaff (Runic, Dukator Masterwork), Eye of Rai-Tain
Amulet of Protection (Masterwork)
Travelling pouch (Enchanted 1cm^3 internal space)
Tome of Gods
Several days rations (Salted meats, dried fruits ,etc)
Canteen of water
Bedroll and thin sheet
13 Gold
Travel Almanac (Given to Oan for updating as we travel)

I think that was all I had. I may have had some other bits an peices in my pouch that I was carrying for others, but I can't remember off the top of my head. I know I spent some money on meals, and I sold the Rikashi sword I found and got a share from general loot. Marcus was holding 8 Gold for me, and I spent 4 Gold on the Tome of Gods and the Almanac. So I have 13 Gold on me + 8 that Marcus is still carrying. He has 1 Gold for Oan aswell.
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Scout Sergeant Mkoll on May 17, 2012, 08:46:07 am
Oan has 38 gold (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3357147/). (He gets +1d20 there because of his association with nobles.)
I believe I spent a bit (no more than two gold) and earned 5 gold by healing that messenger.[/quote]I was 8 gold up courtesy of that Rikashi blade, Marcus still owes me 1 (at least, according to Jayne he does) and I had 2 fate points and a rather fine sword made by Tybalt. Other than that my equipment was pretty much as it was when I started, which I know by heart.
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: InsaneTD on May 17, 2012, 09:05:13 am
I can't really remember my stats. I think it was
Might 11
Mind 10
Mystic 6
HP 16

I was down to 25 gold before Oan's sword and paying my tab at the Beefsmith.

My equipment was;
Sunna Warnia (Seia blessed shortsword with Rune of Cendus sp?), Clockwork Rifle with small amout of fillagree, Plate Mail Armour (Torso, Vambraces and Grieves, Rune of magickal protection), Portable Rune Kit, Tome of Runes, Rikashi Daggers (1 of each), Sunstone (may have used it for something, I can't remember).

He's a Cyvenii Runesmith with his own workshop and Journeyman apprentice. He was trained by a Legendary Runesmith called Serria. She was the one who gave him his Tome of Runes and his Portable Rune Kit. While not a Noble himself, he does spend time with the Nobles, hunting and socialising. He had had lessons in the past in dueling as it was a common way to settle disputes amongst the noble class but had managed to avoid any upto that point.

Ah, can't remember anything else. Oh yes, his rifle was made by a master gunsmith in Cyven.

Edit, Mkoll, Oan owes tybalt for that rather fine blade and for the enchantment on your armour. :P
Title: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Mabbz on May 17, 2012, 09:20:29 am
Damn, I don't know my stats either. Well, here's everything else:

Fate points: 0

Equipment: hunting knife, 3 daggers, Rikashi blade (unused), amulet of swiftness, leather shirt, 2 vials of panacea, various poultices and stuff, Galithir's staff, and about 24-25 gold.

White mage, healing.

Knife fighting skill (you gave me a bonus in exchange for -1 hp, I believe)

Scarred, just below her breasts. I'm not sure if this is important, but it was mentioned on the character sheet.

Drives:
Survivor. Kahlan looks after herself first, and will not sacrifice herself for the sake of others. Especially since her near death experience in the manor

Competitive: Kahlan is very independent and wouldn't want to rely on others, and likes to do better than everyone else. She's the kind of person that would keep score when fighting, just to tease the others about it afterwards.
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: InsaneTD on May 17, 2012, 09:30:14 am
Oh yes, my drives.

Ah, can't remember the names, one was I much prefered using and making equipment myself or using stuff I know is hand made. Something like that anyway.

I'm not sure what my second was now, might have been something to do with finding how to beat the daemon king? Or something Runic related.
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Scout Sergeant Mkoll on May 17, 2012, 09:38:56 am
Edit, Mkoll, Oan owes tybalt for that rather fine blade and for the enchantment on your armour. :P
I thought I'd paid for the enchantment already? The money had been taken from the money Marcus got for the Rikashi blades, hence me only being owed 1 from him rather than 3. I think. :-\

Drives:
Protect Emily: Oan believes Emily to trust him more than the rest of the party, after all, it was him she gave the amulet to, and him she told about her sister. As a result he feels obliged to show that she can trust him. Oan must defend Emily where possible, but gains a bonus to damage enemies attacking Emily as a result

I am not a show off: Though Oan is capable of firing multiple arrows at the same time and hitting the target(s) he prefers to take his shots carefully, placing them for maximum damage. Oan gains a bonus to damage when firing a single arrow from his bow but suffers a damage penalty when firing multiple as a single action.

I think those stacked, but I can't remember for definite. I've also refined my second one so that it's more balanced. :P
Title: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Railgun Convention on May 17, 2012, 09:51:52 am
I managed to find my stats roll, so I'll do what minimal stuff I can from here.

1d8=5, 1d8=7, 1d8=7 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3403340/)

Mystical: 4
Mental: 10
Physical: 11

Equipment: 9 round revolver with 99 bullets, combat knife, iron medium helmet, travelling pack with stuff, sentient bonsai tree and relevant stuff.

Magicks: Healing, summoning.

Drives: Cheery - spends most of his time being inexplicably happy for no good reason; Spontaneity - will sometimes attempt relatively wacky things, such as trick shots (e.g. a double headshot?) or buying someone a small gift on the spur of the moment.

I think that's the mechanics of it down.
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: InsaneTD on May 17, 2012, 09:56:47 am
Why does he have a Iron Helm?
Title: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Railgun Convention on May 17, 2012, 10:29:30 am
It was his uncle's, I think.
Title: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: El ShasOcho on May 17, 2012, 11:23:02 am
Can't say I remember a ton of Marcus's stats. He had the daemon killing warhammer, broadswoard, targe shield, hunting bow, poisoned arrows, and a dagger. His drives were essentially protect Kahlan and do the right thing. Had at least one fate point.
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: The Man They Call Jayne on May 17, 2012, 12:02:58 pm
Marcus also had that hand forged armour that was a bit better than standard armour of its type. And it's a Banhammer! :P

Janus' Drives (from what I can remember)

Avenge the Fallen: If the more than 2 members of the group fall below 25% health, Jan'us will proceed to obliterate the enemy that has done the most damage to the group so far. This gave him a bonus to Criticals and remained in effect until either he was dead or the enemy was dead, or if Drive 2 kicked in.

Drive 2 (can't remember the name): If Jan'us falls below 25% health he will focus on defensive magicks to protect himself and his friends. This drive can override Avenge the Fallen and will remain in play if Jan'us does not heal between battles. This drive gave a bonus to casting defensive magicks I think.
Title: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Ravager Zero on May 18, 2012, 06:14:16 am
Collected Stats Reference Post

[spoiler=Dead]Ja'nus Faeyon

Physical: 15
Mental: 10
Mystical: 6

HP: 14

Fate: 0

[Divine/Malign Intervention]

White Mage

Pyromancy
Geomancy

Equipment: Blessing of Rai-Tane, Rai-Tane Robes (Travelling robes, warm, 2 sets), Feayon family Magestaff (Masterwork Dukator), Rai-Tane's Eye, Amulet of Protection (Masterwork Vodyat), Travelling pouch, The Gods: Old & New, Travel Almanac
Wealth: 13 Gold

Drives: Avenge the Fallen, Protect Yourself

[/spoiler]

Kraytor

Physical: 12
Mental: 12
Mystical: 4

HP: 16

Fate: 0

Red Mage

Chaosigan
Shaman

Equipment: Trews, Jacket, Robe, Mageline Tattoos, Faeyon Family Magestaff, Hunting Knife
Wealth: 16 Gold

Drives:
Title: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Railgun Convention on May 18, 2012, 06:29:34 am
Fairly sure I'm actually a white mage. Forgot about that.
Title: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Mabbz on May 18, 2012, 08:05:51 am
Fairly sure I'm actually a white mage. Forgot about that.
Same here, although I'm not sure. Also, I forgot about my throwing knives, so can you edit them in please, Rav.

Incidentally, we need to get Wargamer to help with his stats.
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Scout Sergeant Mkoll on May 18, 2012, 08:18:54 am
Rav, I should have 2 fate points. I got 2 for the legend you asked me to come up with, burned one to survive the ritual with the revenants then gained one from the temple of the sun goddess.

I'll send Wargamer a text drawing his attention here.
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Mabbz on May 18, 2012, 10:08:59 am
Rav, I should have 2 fate points. I got 2 for the legend you asked me to come up with, burned one to survive the ritual with the revenants then gained one from the temple of the sun goddess.

I'll send Wargamer a text drawing his attention here.
You didn't burn any with the revenants, fate points weren't introduced until after I died.
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Ravager Zero on May 18, 2012, 10:19:25 am
Rav, I should have 2 fate points. I got 2 for the legend you asked me to come up with, burned one to survive the ritual with the revenants then gained one from the temple of the sun goddess.
Yup, you're right.

Edited in.

Rav, I should have 2 fate points. I got 2 for the legend you asked me to come up with, burned one to survive the ritual with the revenants then gained one from the temple of the sun goddess.

I'll send Wargamer a text drawing his attention here.
You didn't burn any with the revenants, fate points weren't introduced until after I died.
Ahem
Title: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Mabbz on May 18, 2012, 10:33:09 am
Fair enough. I need to get better at roleplaying, I've only had one fate point between my two characters and I spent it on Ja'nus. Is there any other way to get more fate points?
Title: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Ravager Zero on May 18, 2012, 10:54:45 am
Fair enough. I need to get better at roleplaying, I've only had one fate point between my two characters and I spent it on Ja'nus. Is there any other way to get more fate points?
There are story specific events
Title: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Wargamer on May 18, 2012, 02:07:41 pm
I can't remember for certain, but I think my stats were

Physical: 11
Mental: 11
Mystical: 7

This is after modifiers for being a mage. I'm sure you'll recall how to calculate HP. :P

He was a Red Mage, with Chaos ("Unmaking") and Divination at his schools.

He carried a sacrificial knife which acted as an arcane focus. He wore light leather armour and a full-body outfit that concealed his horrendously scarred and mutilated features. I'm pretty sure I gave him a survival kit as well for trapping creatures and general woodland survival. He may have had a few throwing knives as well.
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Ravager Zero on May 18, 2012, 11:59:28 pm
Alright, I think I've got everything back in the stats reference post now.
The adventure should re-start soon.
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: InsaneTD on May 19, 2012, 12:24:28 am
Do you have my runes down somewhere? I haven't gotten any PMs back. I did write a couple names down but buggered if I remember what they did. What I've got is; Apyram, Dukator, Kaduse, Sanktu, Istselya, Drakanisa, Kiisari, Nemeso, Karnzin, Birkal and Eximus.
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Ravager Zero on May 19, 2012, 10:14:52 am
Do you have my runes down somewhere? I haven't gotten any PMs back. I did write a couple names down but buggered if I remember what they did. What I've got is; Apyram, Dukator, Kaduse, Sanktu, Istselya, Drakanisa, Kiisari, Nemeso, Karnzin, Birkal and Eximus.
I've got them saved in a file somewhere, along with notes about the science of the world and the rules of magick within the world.
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Scout Sergeant Mkoll on May 19, 2012, 12:43:05 pm
Do you have my runes down somewhere? I haven't gotten any PMs back. I did write a couple names down but buggered if I remember what they did. What I've got is; Apyram, Dukator, Kaduse, Sanktu, Istselya, Drakanisa, Kiisari, Nemeso, Karnzin, Birkal and Eximus.
I think Dukator was an enhance rune, Kaduse healing, birkal was the wooden weapons/armour and Eximus is banishing from memory.
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: InsaneTD on May 19, 2012, 12:49:52 pm
I can remember the ones I used often, I just can't remember what else I had. Can you PM it to me again Rav?
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Railgun Convention on May 20, 2012, 01:31:51 am
I get a 60 day warning. Last post: Yesterday.

Fix your damn forum, Sorck!
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Wargamer on May 20, 2012, 11:25:15 pm
So, when do we begin again? :P
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Ravager Zero on May 21, 2012, 06:16:11 am
So, when do we begin again? :P
You may begin now.
Enjoy.
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Mabbz on May 21, 2012, 06:32:36 am
WOOOOOOOO YEAAAAAAAAAAH!!!

This pleases me.
Title: Re: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: The Man They Call Jayne on May 21, 2012, 08:36:13 am
Ahhhhh, finally! I've been having RP withdrawal with this one given how much we have invested in it.
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Mabbz on May 21, 2012, 09:35:49 am
When Kahlan and Marcus were chatting about Galithir and the revenants, did he mention the whole "he might come back as a revenant one day" thing? If yes then I should probably make some kind of reference to it, and maybe get cross with everyone for not telling me.

I'm not sure if this question should be directed at Ocho or Rav, but I'd guess Ocho unless Rav has a story point related to Galithir's return.
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Ravager Zero on May 21, 2012, 09:57:28 am
I'm not sure if this question should be directed at Ocho or Rav, but I'd guess Ocho unless Rav has a story point related to Galithir's return.
I don't.
And Marcus doesn't know, only Ja'nus does, because he's the only one that held the soulstone.
Title: Re: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: The Man They Call Jayne on May 21, 2012, 10:02:47 am
And even he isn't certain.
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Mabbz on May 21, 2012, 10:07:08 am
Ah, that makes sense. For some reason, I'd assumed that Ja'nus told everyone. No idea why.
Title: Re: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: InsaneTD on May 21, 2012, 10:53:45 am
Probably cause it's the kinda thing that never seems to stay Meta. At some point, some character will mention it like it's common knowledge.
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Mabbz on May 21, 2012, 11:56:46 am
So, Kahlan and Marcus are getting along quite well. But will this budding romance survive such a tumultuous quest? Whatever happens, this should be fun. The big question is: epic romance (both survive), epic tragedy (neither survive), or epic vengence (one survives)?

Probably cause it's the kinda thing that never seems to stay Meta. At some point, some character will mention it like it's common knowledge.
And then it'll get edited out unless it's Ja'nus, in which case I will probably break his nose for not telling me.
Title: Re: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: InsaneTD on May 21, 2012, 12:06:47 pm
And Tybalt will be shocked and I shall laugh. :P
Title: Re: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: The Man They Call Jayne on May 21, 2012, 12:53:04 pm
Nothing is confirmed yet. No cutting off my appendages based on unsubstantiated rumour! :P
Title: Re: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Scout Sergeant Mkoll on May 21, 2012, 01:54:08 pm
Nothing is confirmed yet. No cutting off my appendages based on unsubstantiated rumour! :P
Don't worry, it'll be confirmed first. :P
Title: Re: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: InsaneTD on May 22, 2012, 03:47:26 am
Oh Rav, did you include Eternal Enemy on my charater sheet?
Title: Re: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Ravager Zero on May 22, 2012, 05:27:03 am
Oh Rav, did you include Eternal Enemy on my charater sheet?
I have now.

Also, do you guys want me to continue E,UD as well (considering that it will halve the update schedule for both RPs), or leave it aside until this tale is over?
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Mabbz on May 22, 2012, 09:01:03 am
Hmm... I'm gonna say leave it aside. Right now, I'm way more interested in Kahlan's story than Dreylan's (unsurprisingly, since we've barely started E,UD), and we can always come back to E,UD later. That said, didn't you say that E,UD might have an effect on E,TD later? Wouldn't postponing screw that up?
Title: Re: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: InsaneTD on May 22, 2012, 09:17:43 am
I say continue both.
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: El ShasOcho on May 22, 2012, 11:20:03 am
I agree with TD. Perhaps more of a focus on E,TD but I would really like to see what happens in E,UD
Title: Re: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: InsaneTD on May 22, 2012, 11:52:56 am
Then there is the fact the people in E,UD that ain't in this might get a bit miffed if it's just cut off.
Title: Re: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: The Man They Call Jayne on May 22, 2012, 11:57:42 am
It shouldn't just be cut off at all. But I would like this one to be delt with more. Its been going longer and has more invested in it.
Title: Re: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: InsaneTD on May 22, 2012, 12:05:13 pm
Well Rav wouldn't just cut it off as I said but I'd like to see both with a focus on this. I love both of my characters. :P
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Mabbz on May 22, 2012, 01:37:56 pm
It shouldn't just be cut off at all. But I would like this one to be delt with more. Its been going longer and has more invested in it.
I've thought some more, and now I agree with this. We've gone without E,TD for a while due to the crash, so I think I can cope with a reduced update schedule.

Then there is the fact the people in E,UD that ain't in this might get a bit miffed if it's just cut off.
That never even occurred to me. Another good reason to stick with both.
Title: Re: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: InsaneTD on May 27, 2012, 02:22:04 pm
Well that should cause an interesting bit of character interaction. :P
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Narric on June 19, 2012, 11:58:36 am
Hey guys.

Feel free to shoot me down. But may I rejoin this. I'm fairly certain I know what I did wrong last time. I had designed a character that was too close to RL me, and at the same time too different from myself, meaning decisions weren't the clearest to myself.

If you do accept me to join, I don't think I'll be continuing with Zothern, instead I give you two characters to choose from:

Atlas Cobalt - Male Dwarf (or similar race in context) Ranger/Warrior
Heralding from the mountains in the east, hearing of Daemons in need of slaying, and a whispered promiss of untold treasure should he succeed. He is roughly 300years old, and treats most humans as children in need of a good kicking up the jacksy.

He commonly insults others by refering to them as a Gully Dwarf. (if any of your have read Dragon Lance, you'd recognise this as the insult it is.)

Or

Charous Netch - Male Tiger Anthro-morph, with Draconic wings. Ranger/Warrior again
Charous hails from the north. His village and people dispersed and sluaghtered by powerful daemonic incursions. He fled south to hopefully join a band of warriors who would aid him in seeking revenge on the daemons, and those that would summon them. He is young, but very skill with a light-blade (light-weight, not light in your eyes :P). His wings allow him to act as a forward scout.

So may I rejoin?
Title: Re: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: The Man They Call Jayne on June 19, 2012, 12:00:16 pm
I'd go with the dwarf, seems more fitting the setting. The other guy is likely to approach the group and be killed as a deamon :P
Title: Re: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: InsaneTD on June 19, 2012, 12:07:54 pm
I've got no problems with you rejoining. And I agree with Jayne on the Dwarf.
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Narric on June 19, 2012, 12:15:38 pm
Are you sure you want the Dwarf? :P He's a foul mouth sod afterall. The Anthromorph could aid with recon tasks, further afield thanks to flight.
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Mabbz on June 19, 2012, 01:29:27 pm
I was under the impression that there were no sentient non-human races. I remember asking about vampires at the start, and Rav said it was human only. In short, no Khajiit. As for the dwarf, he'd pretty much have to be a short human.

That said, I have no problems with you rejoining. I just think you may have to rethink your character. I wonder if you could be a daemon...
Title: Re: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: The Man They Call Jayne on June 19, 2012, 01:32:57 pm
He and Oan will get along famously, sharing witty banter, competing for kill tallys and not infringing copyright in anyway.
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Narric on June 19, 2012, 01:37:36 pm
Alright, here's Altas Cobalt profile

Name: Atlas Cobalt
Age: 305
Gender: Male
Physical: Dwarfen, 4'9"
Personaliy/Bio:
Heralding from the mountains in the west, hearing of Daemons in need of slaying, and a whispered promiss of untold treasure should he succeed. He is roughly 300years old, and treats most humans as children in need of a good kicking up the jacksy.

He commonly insults others by refering to them as a Gully Dwarf. (if any of your have read Dragon Lance, you'd recognise this as the insult it is.)

Stats
Physical: (15-5) = 10
Mental: (15-6) = 9
Mystical: (15-1) = 14

Equipment:
- two axes. one is inscribed with a Rune of Sharpness, the other is inscribed with the Rune of Force.
- a intricate designed Flint Lock Pistol. It can fire up 3 shots at a time
- Chainmail
- Satchal with basic provisions


I tried to find the post about Stas, but it seems to have been lost to the warp. Can someone remind me about whether high number stats are good or bad :P

I've got an idea on how I'll introduce the character.
Title: Re: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: InsaneTD on June 19, 2012, 01:45:47 pm
Wait until Rav OKs it first. Also, east is where the arabian/persian/mediaterain nations are in R
this setting. mostly deserts and the like. From memory of the map we had and Ravs ponderings on the world, west and north is where the mountains tend to be.
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Mabbz on June 19, 2012, 01:48:10 pm
Low stats are good. Your HP is the sum of you lowest two stats.
Title: Re: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Narric on June 19, 2012, 01:53:08 pm
Wait until Rav OKs it first. Also, east is where the arabian/persian/mediaterain nations are in R
this setting. mostly deserts and the like. From memory of the map we had and Ravs ponderings on the world, west and north is where the mountains tend to be.
Uhm, oops :P

Low stats are good. Your HP is the sum of you lowest two stats.
Greta, so I have a 300 yr old Dwarf who isn't very tough, but has high HP :P
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Mabbz on June 19, 2012, 02:04:02 pm
I'm going to advise everyone against posting in the RP thread until Rav gets back. Also, since you seem to have missed it last time Narric, I'm going to quote myself:

I was under the impression that there were no sentient non-human races. I remember asking about vampires at the start, and Rav said it was human only. In short, no Khajiit. As for the dwarf, he'd pretty much have to be a short human.

That said, I have no problems with you rejoining. I just think you may have to rethink your character. I wonder if you could be a daemon...
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Narric on June 19, 2012, 02:06:12 pm
Sorry guys, and Mabbz especially

I guess I got a bit over zealous....
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Mabbz on June 19, 2012, 02:11:09 pm
No matter. We had necron destroyers in the RP thread at one point, we can cope with a single dwarf  ;)
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Narric on June 19, 2012, 02:12:23 pm
No matter. We had necron destroyers in the RP thread at one point, we can cope with a single dwarf  ;)
O_o what have I missed?
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Mabbz on June 19, 2012, 02:18:07 pm
The forum crash mixed the E,TD RP thread with something from the necron board, I believe. It got fixed, but not before Ja'nus made a "did you guys hear something? Sounded like a voice talking about something called a necron destroyer" post. Then Kahlan and someone else ridiculed him for hearing things.
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: The Man They Call Jayne on June 19, 2012, 04:24:56 pm
Ja'nus likes to screw with the fouth wall. He's E, TDs Deadpool :P
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Narric on June 19, 2012, 04:33:18 pm
Ja'nus likes to screw with the fouth wall. He's E, TDs Deadpool :P
I'd rather like to think of you as Pinkie Pie
Title: Re: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: The Man They Call Jayne on June 19, 2012, 04:36:23 pm
Ja'nus likes to screw with the fouth wall. He's E, TDs Deadpool :P
I'd rather like to think of you as Pinkie Pie

If I got that referance I might be insulted. :P
Title: Re: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: El ShasOcho on June 19, 2012, 04:57:06 pm
He and Oan will get along famously, sharing witty banter, competing for kill tallys and not infringing copyright in anyway.
If that is what we are going for, Jan'us is gandalf, I am Arragorn (Right? Should I end up being a king then?) Emily can be frodo, Zothern is Boromir, and Kahlan is...?
Title: Re: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Mabbz on June 19, 2012, 05:17:07 pm
He and Oan will get along famously, sharing witty banter, competing for kill tallys and not infringing copyright in anyway.
If that is what we are going for, Jan'us is gandalf, I am Arragorn (Right? Should I end up being a king then?) Emily can be frodo, Zothern is Boromir, and Kahlan is...?
in the wrong story, by the look of things.
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Narric on June 19, 2012, 05:30:46 pm
I think a comparison to Dragon Lance would be better. The characters for that, iirc, were something like this:

Human Paladin, Half-Elf Ranger, Dwarven Warrior, Human Barbarian, Human Wizard, Female Human Warrior with two Barbarian Warriors from a different land.



Have I written Atlas as too short or something, becuase you all seem to be poking fun at his height. Or is this all in character trolling of the newby :P
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Railgun Convention on June 19, 2012, 06:41:55 pm
Pity a slightly crazy gunmage with a sentient flycatching plant doesn't factor into either analogy :P
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Wargamer on June 19, 2012, 07:38:45 pm
Have I written Atlas as too short or something, becuase you all seem to be poking fun at his height. Or is this all in character trolling of the newby :P
I wasn't joking; 3'9" is the height of a 5-6 year old child.

Plus, I was under the impression we weren't allowed to make non-Human characters...
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Narric on June 19, 2012, 07:41:50 pm
hmm, going by the Wiki for D&D, he's short FOR  A DWARF!

I think I'll add an extra foot to his height. then the RP stuff can look like light-hearted ribbing :P
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Wargamer on June 19, 2012, 07:54:22 pm
4'9" is much more acceptable as a height; he's noticably shorter than a Human, but not so stupidly tiny that he can't be taken seriously.
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Narric on June 19, 2012, 08:03:55 pm
I'm gonna say now, that I'm trying to put across an accent. No idea which one is coming across.

Tell me now if you don't want me to submit his speech like that. Its a bloomin' nightmare you me too you know :P

4'9" is much more acceptable as a height; he's noticably shorter than a Human, but not so stupidly tiny that he can't be taken seriously.
I changed it to 5'1", but with a "Dwarfen" body type. I think I'll knock him down to 4'9" though :P
Title: Re: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: The Man They Call Jayne on June 19, 2012, 08:28:19 pm
It sounds like you're being vaguely Scottish to me.
Title: Re: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: InsaneTD on June 19, 2012, 10:39:56 pm
Ja'nus likes to screw with the fouth wall. He's E, TDs Deadpool :P
I'd rather like to think of you as Pinkie Pie

If I got that referance I might be insulted. :P
It's from my little pony.


I must say, that accent is a little hard to follow but I've seen worse written. :P
Title: Re: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Ravager Zero on June 20, 2012, 05:59:00 am
I go to work for a day (or two) and this happens? :P

First things first, Mabbz is completely correct in saying that there are no non-human sentients in this setting.
Narric, you can be short, squat, and Scottish, but whatever else your character is, he's still human.

Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Narric on June 20, 2012, 07:38:27 am
That sounds like a lot of work. :P

I'll do my best to make a sound backstory. Should I post it in here, of should I make a seperate E,TD thread for extra background?
Title: Re: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: InsaneTD on June 20, 2012, 08:08:48 am
Going off your PC background, I can awnser that easily. Wether Tybalt can I don't know. It's gonna depend on your Dwarf back history for the setting and how we intergrate it. Do all Runes and Runic Script come from one ancestial source? If yes, does that mean Dwarves are related to humans in some way and how does that effect their magick use and knowledge. Do they only use Runic magick or do they use all different kinds.

Also, I don't know which Axe you handed me. :P I could choose one, roll and if I roll high enough, it's the right one.
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Narric on June 20, 2012, 08:18:29 am
The axe I handed you was the Axe of Sharpness. The Axe of Force will have a more solid description :P

I've sent a request to rav to have info on the setting, so what I write does easily slot into the pre-existing background.
Title: Re: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: InsaneTD on June 20, 2012, 08:39:57 am
Suppose I still need to roll and see if Tybalt knows the Rune.
Title: Enter, the Darkness
Post by: Scout Sergeant Mkoll on June 20, 2012, 09:30:55 am
It's also worth noting that the only real mountains west of Cyven, which we're a few days west of, are the Crumbling Rocks. A mountain range so extensively mined/quarried no path is entirely secure so a different location is probably a good idea. :P
Title: Re: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: InsaneTD on June 20, 2012, 10:06:16 am
I hope I interrupted that roll right. I'm sure Rav will let me know if I didn't.
Title: Re: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: The Man They Call Jayne on June 20, 2012, 10:27:33 am
It also might be worth clarifying your characters role.

You  said you were a ranger type guy, but you seem to be set up as a warrior. The pistol you have, in keeping with the setting would probably be one of these:

http://www.dave-cushman.net/shot/ducksfoot.html

But with only 3 barrels, which is definatly not a rangers weapon. You have heavy armour which is not ranger either. Unless of course you have written that bit out and I hadnt seen it.
Title: Re: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Ravager Zero on June 20, 2012, 10:32:49 am
I hope I interrupted that roll right. I'm sure Rav will let me know if I didn't.
It's interpreted.
And you did it right.



@Narric: Sent you an infodump of a PM. Should help. ;)
Title: Re: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Narric on June 20, 2012, 12:50:14 pm
It also might be worth clarifying your characters role.

You  said you were a ranger type guy, but you seem to be set up as a warrior. The pistol you have, in keeping with the setting would probably be one of these:

http://www.dave-cushman.net/shot/ducksfoot.html

But with only 3 barrels, which is definatly not a rangers weapon. You have heavy armour which is not ranger either. Unless of course you have written that bit out and I hadnt seen it.
Like that, but a bit more complex, and I think I'll stick to just being a Warrior :P

Dwarven background is on its way. Hopefully I've written a good amount, and i'm sure Wargamer is going to roast me for any glaring problems :P



Alright, here we go. Get set to see an abomination of background writing :P



Dwarfs of
Title: Re: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Scout Sergeant Mkoll on June 20, 2012, 12:53:29 pm
Skeith if you need a hand with any developments I'll give you a hand. I've a map of the continent and I'm trying to set up and balance the economics of the setting, may as well help set up the Dwarfs. Also, I can stop you accidentally ripping off the Dwarfs from the Eragon series. :P

I'll PM you my mobile number to speed things up if you like? My only internet access at home is on my phone, so no fb and the forum's a pain. :P

Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Narric on June 20, 2012, 12:57:52 pm
Well I've justed posted up my material. I'm sure if I've done something wrong, someone will tell me.
Title: Re: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: InsaneTD on June 20, 2012, 01:00:21 pm
You don't get free FB on your phone? :sadnshocked:

I'll be interesting in reading it once you complete it Skeith. So post it on the forums would you?

Edit; Freakin Ninjas.
Title: Re: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: The Man They Call Jayne on June 20, 2012, 01:01:23 pm
My only comment? Ornate-ity? :P
Title: Re: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: InsaneTD on June 20, 2012, 01:01:56 pm
Where did you post it too?
Title: Re: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Narric on June 20, 2012, 01:02:39 pm
My only comment? Ornate-ity? :P
I couldn't think of a real word. Shut up, you try being creative in a time-liit to help keep a story going at a reasonable pace XD

I can't imagine how Rav feels most of the time :P

Where did you post it too?
here
Title: Re: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Scout Sergeant Mkoll on June 20, 2012, 01:07:03 pm
You don't get free FB on your phone? :sadnshocked:
I do, it's just a royal pain to load so I don't bother. :P

Skeith, two questions: Where are the Dwarfs? As I said earlier, the only mountains in the West are the Crumbling Rocks, and they've been extensively mined/quarried so if they were there they would've been found.

Why don't they bother with humans? Their tech isn't advanced enough for humans to be that inferior, they can't exactly farm particularly well in the mountains so food could be a problem for them which trade with humans would solve.
Title: Re: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: The Man They Call Jayne on June 20, 2012, 01:09:41 pm
I would say its because they would look at Man as shoddy. Incapable of good enough works. It's almost universal that dwarrows look down on human artifice.
Title: Re: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Narric on June 20, 2012, 01:16:01 pm
You don't get free FB on your phone? :sadnshocked:
I do, it's just a royal pain to load so I don't bother. :P

Skeith, two questions: Where are the Dwarfs? As I said earlier, the only mountains in the West are the Crumbling Rocks, and they've been extensively mined/quarried so if they were there they would've been found.

Why don't they bother with humans? Their tech isn't advanced enough for humans to be that inferior, they can't exactly farm particularly well in the mountains so food could be a problem for them which trade with humans would solve.
I guess mountains are out of the question. What about digging into Cliff-faces? You can't tell me that the entire shoreline is a beech, and there is nothing akin to the cliffs of dover in this setting.

I think for humans, the age difference could become annoying. I'msure you wouldn't want to see friends grow old and die, just to be replaced by bratty children. For food, I got nothing. I figured the would be places that Dwarfs could dig to, that humans hadn't discovered yet, where the Dwarfs would start farms. An extinct volcano would have been excellent for that :P
Title: Re: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: InsaneTD on June 20, 2012, 01:34:40 pm
My only comment? Ornate-ity? :P
I agree with Jan'us. I'd word that section like this;

Everything the Dwarves have is hand made and of intricate design, while still being obiviously functional. From the most basic bedroll to the most advanced and complex tunnelling machines. They waste nothing, recycling everyting that is of no use and even turning old mineshafts into homes, lodgings, storage and farms for the few things they can get to grow underground.

Even the least grandois, or poorest, Dwarf will have at least one thing that was created by a Grand Master, wether it is a blade, totem or a piece of clothing and will carry it with pride.

I'd then just copy the rest of that section in.
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Narric on June 20, 2012, 01:39:17 pm
I think I need to get into a creative writing course, or something :P

Thats been slotted into place. Thanks TD
Title: Re: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: InsaneTD on June 20, 2012, 01:42:25 pm
Not a problem. Glad could help. :D

Edit, You may want to fix the spelling errors first though. :P
Title: Re: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Ravager Zero on June 30, 2012, 05:40:03 am
Okay, got a new post up.
Admittedly, most of it's just world-building, but it's something for you guys, right?
Title: Re: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: The Man They Call Jayne on June 30, 2012, 07:34:09 am
Yay, frozen death for us all!

I wanna be a magesicle!
Title: Re: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: InsaneTD on June 30, 2012, 08:23:07 am
Jayne, you realise we bothing can't use our most destructive Magicks here right? Fucking flammable fluids.
Title: Re: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: The Man They Call Jayne on June 30, 2012, 11:34:41 am
We've moved away from the oil now haven't we? Either way, I can still use it, because the essence is low I can use the oil as fuel.
Title: Re: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Ravager Zero on June 30, 2012, 12:00:19 pm
A couple of quick notes.

Firstly, the oil is frozen/solidified. The back-pressure from oil in the ground underneath that is what caused the rupture.
Secondly, only the mages can feel the true depth of the cold in the area. (Emily felt it more as a blue mage
Title: Re: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Scout Sergeant Mkoll on June 30, 2012, 12:10:47 pm
Yeah, that's going to be a problem. Oil freezes at roughly -35 Fahrenheit. Without specialist gear, we have a real issue. :P

Ah well. On with the show. :P
Title: Re: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Ravager Zero on July 01, 2012, 09:02:54 am
Okay, for those about to fight, three rounds rapid.
The cold is also very debilitating, meaning your actions will be somewhat less effective than normal. Be prepared.
The cryomancer is either in, or behind the tower and pipework. With your current skills and abilities, you can't quite tell which until you get closer.
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Wargamer on July 01, 2012, 11:13:28 am
I've forgotten how to interpret the dice rolls. :P
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Ravager Zero on July 01, 2012, 12:00:39 pm
I've forgotten how to interpret the dice rolls. :P

Your search-fu is weak, Wargamer-san. :P

And for combat, I tend to roll the dice myself unless someone hands me a set of numbers to use from invisiblecastle.



If you want, for basic actions (ie: not super plot relevant, or harmful) you can roll the dice yourself, and then interpret the results into your post (ie: actually do some roleplay. :)).

[spoiler=The Formula]
Roll 1: Compare this D20 roll to the applicable stat. Use common sense. Lifting a rock uses Physical. Looking for a specific item uses Mental. Trying to light something on fire (without flint/matches/etc) uses Mystical. If the roll exceeds your stat value, the action succeeds to a greater or lesser degree. A 1 always fails at the action, regardless of your degree of success. A 20 always succeeds, taking the best possible result.

Roll 2: This is the degree of your success. 1 is an abysmal failure, no matter what. 2-5 is marginal, like lifting the rock for a few seconds, or finding a lost pen (but of a different colour). 6-10 is moderate, such as moving a heavy rock by a few inches, or just holding it up until your arms give out, or actually finding the right pen. 11-19 is more successful, such as moving the rock without wearing yourself out, or finding all the dropped pens from a box. 20 is an automatic success, you just lifted that rock clear of the ground and flipped it over. You found every pen in the room, including the one that writes in invisible ink and the other that only works on a Tuesday. And if you were trying to ignite something
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Wargamer on July 01, 2012, 12:40:48 pm
That's what I thought. :P

Oh, something I discussed with Oan a while back; is it possible for me to bestow power to others? For example, instead of using my divination to give myself a 'danger sense' (ie: get a vague idea of what's going to happen in the next few seconds of combat) could I empower another person with that ability? Likewise, can I create Chaosigan booby traps by planting runes on things?
Title: Re: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: The Man They Call Jayne on July 01, 2012, 01:45:44 pm
I get my own trope? Awesome. What was that one actually for?

I do seem to attact more than my fair share of "worked to well for my own good" :P
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: El ShasOcho on July 01, 2012, 04:59:56 pm
Must...resist...urge..to...pull...a...Leeroy Jenkins...
Title: Re: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: The Man They Call Jayne on July 01, 2012, 05:06:38 pm
Must...resist...urge..to...pull...a...Leeroy Jenkins...

*Geomancys your legs to the ground*

Bad!
Title: Re: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: El ShasOcho on July 01, 2012, 05:09:50 pm
Must...resist...urge..to...pull...a...Leeroy Jenkins...

*Geomancys your legs to the ground*

Bad!

Sounds more like something Zothern would do.

Speaking of which is he still with us?
Title: Re: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: The Man They Call Jayne on July 01, 2012, 05:20:38 pm
How would Zothern do that? He's not the Geomancer :P And he is, but he is GM controlled, unless one of us is making use of him.
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Narric on July 01, 2012, 05:51:09 pm
Truth be told, I was wondering what happened to my old character Zothern :P

Last I remember some story to him, Rav wrote that he had pissed off practically the entirety of Darrow, and had become some sort of Batman :P then the Demon house episode hit, and then the forum crash, and now its like he never existed.

Yet despite that, I remeber rav stating Zotherns Health in one of the more recent story posts by him.
Title: Re: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: The Man They Call Jayne on July 01, 2012, 06:05:58 pm
Yeah we found him outside Darrow and he came along with us as an NPC.
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: El ShasOcho on July 01, 2012, 06:18:41 pm
I was referring to Zothern being more likely to pull a Leeroy Jenkins, seeing as he has a tendency to rush into things.
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Ravager Zero on July 02, 2012, 05:46:23 am
Oh, something I discussed with Oan a while back; is it possible for me to bestow power to others? For example, instead of using my divination to give myself a 'danger sense' (ie: get a vague idea of what's going to happen in the next few seconds of combat) could I empower another person with that ability?
Rehd wouldn't be able to do that. Red/blood magick is entirely self-serving; it only benefits the caster.
Blue/soul magick is the opposite; it rarely benefits the caster, but often helps their comrades.

Quote
Likewise, can I create Chaosigan booby traps by planting runes on things?
Only runesmiths can make runes.
You can, however, set traps by using certain spell elements. Like the sense of a Seer placed in a small glass bauble, enmeshed with the power of unmaking. That would be a life/magick activated mine.



Also, I have combat PMs from Jayne, ESO, TD, Mabbz, Mkoll, and Narric.
Since you're fighting as well, I need one from you too Wargamer. (three short combat related actions)

And to those discussing it, yes, Zothern is still in the party.
Title: Re: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Ravager Zero on July 02, 2012, 09:27:11 am
Alright, got Wargamer's PM.

Now just waiting on Railgun Convention
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Narric on July 02, 2012, 03:28:29 pm
feels weird not being the one everyone is waiting on :P

I wondeer if I should add a picture of Atlas to my list of things to do...
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Mabbz on July 02, 2012, 05:01:43 pm
feels weird not being the one everyone is waiting on :P

I wondeer if I should add a picture of Atlas to my list of things to do...
May as well. At some point I might have to photoshop a picture of princess Fiona from Shrek and claim she's Kahlan. And maybe stick a staff in the hands of a Ringwraith and claim it's Galithir.
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: The Man They Call Jayne on July 02, 2012, 06:01:34 pm
This is my picture of Ja'nus, pre possesion.
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Narric on July 02, 2012, 07:52:42 pm
The Qui'gon Jin of Pyromancy by the look of him :P
Title: Re: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: InsaneTD on July 02, 2012, 10:24:04 pm
I keep meaning to ask an artist friend of mine to do one for Tybalt for me, but I keep forgetting. :P
Title: Re: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Ravager Zero on July 03, 2012, 04:32:48 am
I give unto you: combat, and lots of it.
Title: Re: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: The Man They Call Jayne on July 03, 2012, 04:42:14 am
Oh goody, no magick. Does that include sacrificial magick too?
Title: Re: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Ravager Zero on July 03, 2012, 04:46:23 am
Oh goody, no magick. Does that include sacrificial magick too?
No
Title: Re: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: The Man They Call Jayne on July 03, 2012, 04:49:24 am
Oh goody, no magick. Does that include sacrificial magick too?
No
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Narric on July 03, 2012, 07:41:07 am
Hey Rav, I can't see any actions taken by or against Atlas in that. Should I assume he's trudging into the combat, and declare attacks for you to resolve?
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Ravager Zero on July 03, 2012, 07:59:37 am
Hey Rav, I can't see any actions taken by or against Atlas in that. Should I assume he's trudging into the combat, and declare attacks for you to resolve?
There should be at least a paragraph where he shoots at the cryomancer, a little over halfway through I think.
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Mabbz on July 03, 2012, 08:16:30 am
How did Ja'nus get silenced? He's not in range of the Qetus rune, so I'm guessing the cryomancer is a mystic as well. Still, at least Qetus worked and I can leave Emily to not freeze.

I'm going to hope that the others will keep the cryomancer busy while I sprint to Ja'nus. Can I fix his magic?

Also, I'm quite glad Rehd is on our side. Two kills already is pretty impressive.
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Narric on July 03, 2012, 08:17:51 am
Hey Rav, I can't see any actions taken by or against Atlas in that. Should I assume he's trudging into the combat, and declare attacks for you to resolve?
There should be at least a paragraph where he shoots at the cryomancer, a little over halfway through I think.
Got it :D

Now to trudge forward bellowing insults to these mercs. :P
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Mabbz on July 03, 2012, 08:32:12 am
Hey, Tybalt, here's an idea. Run into the tower and invoke Qetus directly underneath her. I want to see her reaction when she suddenly can't use magick  :D
Title: Re: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: InsaneTD on July 03, 2012, 09:12:57 am
I got something better for that bitch....



....I'd suggest no one get to close to the tower.
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Mabbz on July 03, 2012, 09:16:06 am
Ok, but if you acidentally ignite the frozen oil somehow and kill us all, I will be quite cross.
Title: Re: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: InsaneTD on July 03, 2012, 09:18:19 am
I'm not Jan'us....... :shifty:
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Narric on July 03, 2012, 10:59:26 am
Question to Wargamer:
If your character has no lips, how can he pronounce certain spoken sounds? Magick?
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Mabbz on July 03, 2012, 11:08:20 am
Question to Wargamer:
If your character has no lips, how can he pronounce certain spoken sounds? Magick?
Naturally he uses chaos magick to cause tiny detonations in the air around his mouth, generating the required sounds. Have him stand near the rune of silence and see what he sounds like there  :P
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Wargamer on July 03, 2012, 12:11:10 pm
Question to Wargamer:
If your character has no lips, how can he pronounce certain spoken sounds? Magick?
The guy can cause people to explode by thinking about it and that is the ability you find strange? :P Yeah, call it magic. ;)
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Narric on July 03, 2012, 12:18:10 pm
Question to Wargamer:
If your character has no lips, how can he pronounce certain spoken sounds? Magick?
The guy can cause people to explode by thinking about it and that is the ability you find strange? :P Yeah, call it magic. ;)
I've faced an Asari commando squad :P

And yes, That is correct.

[edit]
So Rehd looks sorta like the guy on the left then?
(http://fc09.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2011/313/e/4/it__s_only_flesh_by_torture_device-d4fn1vo.jpg)
Title: Re: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Scout Sergeant Mkoll on July 03, 2012, 01:53:32 pm
Rav can I use a fate point to recover and get myself back into the fight or is that not advisable? :P
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: El ShasOcho on July 03, 2012, 02:08:55 pm
Well that was interesting. Rhed is certainly quite valuable.
What is our plan now? i can continue to play sniper and try to keep picking off guards. My poison arrow will likely be useful against the cryomancer as well, should i try to incapacitate her instead seeing as she is the biggest threat?
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Wargamer on July 03, 2012, 02:36:00 pm
So Rehd looks sorta like the guy on the left then?
(http://fc09.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2011/313/e/4/it__s_only_flesh_by_torture_device-d4fn1vo.jpg)
That's pretty close to what I have in mind actually, only without the ball-gag. :P
Title: Re: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: InsaneTD on July 03, 2012, 03:21:31 pm
We all know you love your ball gag. :P
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Railgun Convention on July 03, 2012, 04:55:39 pm
What is our plan now? i can continue to play sniper and try to keep picking off guards. My poison arrow will likely be useful against the cryomancer as well, should i try to incapacitate her instead seeing as she is the biggest threat?
Do it. Kahlan and I are going for Ja'nus, so if Rehd also goes for the cryomancer, Atlas and Zothern hit the mercs, and I cover us as we run, this should work.

Also, Skeith has a character beginning with A, and another with Z. I did not notice that before...
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Mabbz on July 03, 2012, 06:01:53 pm
What is our plan now? i can continue to play sniper and try to keep picking off guards. My poison arrow will likely be useful against the cryomancer as well, should i try to incapacitate her instead seeing as she is the biggest threat?
Do it. Kahlan and I are going for Ja'nus, so if Rehd also goes for the cryomancer, Atlas and Zothern hit the mercs, and I cover us as we run, this should work.
NOOOOOOOOO!!! Why did you say that! Now we're doomed!
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Railgun Convention on July 03, 2012, 06:06:18 pm
What is our plan now? i can continue to play sniper and try to keep picking off guards. My poison arrow will likely be useful against the cryomancer as well, should i try to incapacitate her instead seeing as she is the biggest threat?
Do it. Kahlan and I are going for Ja'nus, so if Rehd also goes for the cryomancer, Atlas and Zothern hit the mercs, and I cover us as we run, this should work.
NOOOOOOOOO!!! Why did you say that! Now we're doomed!
I was going to comment on that, but I thought I'd leave it to someone else :P.
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: El ShasOcho on July 03, 2012, 09:09:48 pm
Sounds good. Time to invoke my inner assassin. Guess my Leroy Jenkins side will not be playing this battle.

EDIT: Also Rav, did I not hit anything with my second arrow? I am assuming the poisoned guard is the one who I hit with my third arrow, but I thought my second hit something.
Title: Re: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: InsaneTD on July 04, 2012, 03:23:49 am
Do it. Kahlan and I are going for Ja'nus, so if Rehd also goes for the cryomancer, Atlas and Zothern hit the mercs, and I cover us as we run, this should work.
NOOOOOOOOO!!! Why did you say that! Now we're doomed!
I was going to comment on that, but I thought I'd leave it to someone else :P.
It's ok. He didn't mention me in that so what he said is null and void. :P
Title: Re: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Ravager Zero on July 04, 2012, 05:26:37 am
Rav can I use a fate point to recover and get myself back into the fight or is that not advisable? :P
Yes, you can.
As to what happens afterwards, I'm going to have to consult my amusing injuries table
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Narric on July 04, 2012, 05:43:37 am
Sent mine in.

Rav, makes sure you include Atlas cursing and swearing and otherwise being rated M for massive annoyance :P
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Ravager Zero on July 04, 2012, 05:50:46 am
Rav, makes sure you include Atlas cursing and swearing and otherwise being rated M for massive annoyance :P
While Rehd is rated M for Murder.
And Marcus is rated M for Manly. :P
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Narric on July 04, 2012, 06:32:26 am
Exactly, now you're getting it ;D

What would everyone else be rated M for? :P
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Mabbz on July 04, 2012, 08:17:06 am
Rav can I use a fate point to recover and get myself back into the fight or is that not advisable? :P
I wouldn't. Save your fate for when you really need it, Ja'nus has apparantly crawled over to you, which means Xan and Kahlan are both running in your direction.
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Railgun Convention on July 04, 2012, 11:55:00 am
My PM is in. And I wouldn't recommend burning the faith point when you have two healers heading for you as we speak.
Title: Re: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Ravager Zero on July 06, 2012, 11:02:02 am
So
Title: Re: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: InsaneTD on July 06, 2012, 11:55:35 am
Tybalts a bit pissed she got away and he didn't get to fry her. But he's glad his armour helped him.
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Narric on July 06, 2012, 04:17:45 pm
I'm not sure I did that RP post right.

Feel free to rip into what I wrote.
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Mabbz on July 06, 2012, 07:37:21 pm
Can Ja'nus be healed? Or is it divine intervention time again?

Also, did I interpret my rolls right?
Title: Re: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: The Man They Call Jayne on July 06, 2012, 08:38:51 pm
Well I think that was a petter post that what I was originally going to say.

"Ja'nus lay there. Fucked."
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Ravager Zero on July 07, 2012, 12:33:19 am
I'm not sure I did that RP post right.

Feel free to rip into what I wrote.
You got right enough.
However, all the mercs had already started running. ;)

We'll just say you tied this guy up a little longer before he got away.

Can Ja'nus be healed? Or is it divine intervention time again?
He can, but it will need to be a very good roll.

Quote
Also, did I interpret my rolls right?
You did, although healing isn't a set amount, it's based on a dice roll determined by your 'effect' roll. (you're good for now though)
Healing injuries halves the amount of HP regenerated, and serious/critical/complex injuries negate HP recovery in favour of actually fixing the problem.
1: 0 HP
2-5: D4 HP
6-10: D6 HP
11-15: D8 HP
16-19: D12 HP
20: D20 HP
Anything over 15 on your 'skill check' roll lets you roll 2DX, and take the highest.

Wargamer, point of interest on your 'charge/dash' magick: the difficulty modifier starts to grow exponentially after about 30 feet of distance. Maximum distance is roughly a hundred feet, but in special cases (criticals, high Essence density, etc) it can be a fair amount longer.

Railgun Convention: dice rolls are done in pairs, not singly. You have a D20 for the 'skill check' to see if what you're trying actually goes off, then another D20 for your 'effects/results', to see how well it did or did not work.
Title: Re: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: The Man They Call Jayne on July 07, 2012, 06:52:10 am
Ok, my effects, take what you can, especially my staff and the Eye. A burial would be nice, but not essential. My spare robes, im assuming Emily is still wearing them, but if anyone needs them they can have them. The bag of holding will be passed on as will the staff and the Eye, but make use of it for now.
Title: Re: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: InsaneTD on July 07, 2012, 07:17:25 am
My posts invisible or something?

I feel bad we've lost Jan'us.

Oh Jayne, what about your amulet?
Title: Re: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: The Man They Call Jayne on July 07, 2012, 07:20:38 am
Bring that along too. Pretty much everything that was a usable item will be passed on. When the man in Cyven finds you he will want to lay claim, and he is likely going to be alot less personable than Ja'nus was, at least for a while :P
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Wargamer on July 07, 2012, 09:27:14 am
What do we need in terms of stopping bleeding and similar without using healing magic?
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Ravager Zero on July 07, 2012, 09:34:31 am
What do we need in terms of stopping bleeding and similar without using healing magic?
Bandages, pressure. What you would normally need.
Poultices and potions (you have a few shared amongst your kits) also help with certain types of injuries. Yes, some are useful for stopping bleeding.
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Mabbz on July 07, 2012, 09:53:11 am
Yay! I'm not the only person to have lost a character! Goodbye Ja'nus. We will miss you.

As for my rolls, I would have rolled... 1d12=2, 1d12=8 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3597712/). I guess that means I'd recover 4 hp (since I'm healing a specific wound), which would put me at 12 hp, not 13. Want me to change it?

What do we need in terms of stopping bleeding and similar without using healing magic?
Bandages, pressure. What you would normally need.
Poultices and potions (you have a few shared amongst your kits) also help with certain types of injuries. Yes, some are useful for stopping bleeding.
I think he meant in terms of rolls, like what stat would you roll against and such.
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Ravager Zero on July 07, 2012, 10:29:03 am
Yay! I'm not the only person to have lost a character! Goodbye Ja'nus. We will miss you.

As for my rolls, I would have rolled... 1d12=2, 1d12=8 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3597712/). I guess that means I'd recover 4 hp (since I'm healing a specific wound), which would put me at 12 hp, not 13. Want me to change it?
No, no, it's fine as is. It was for future reference. ;)

Quote
What do we need in terms of stopping bleeding and similar without using healing magic?
Bandages, pressure. What you would normally need.
Poultices and potions (you have a few shared amongst your kits) also help with certain types of injuries. Yes, some are useful for stopping bleeding.
I think he meant in terms of rolls, like what stat would you roll against and such.
In that case, it would be your Mental stat, with a -5 modifier (bandages are not hard to apply, neither is it hard to get them in the right place).
Effects roll would have them loose/ill-fitting at 1-5; good enough at 6-19, and applied like a medical professional at 20. (If you are an actual medical professional, 1 is loose, 4-10 is good enough, and 11-20 is 'medical professional' level.)
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Narric on July 07, 2012, 12:02:25 pm
Rav, can we please use the Merc that I sort of knocked out for interrogation purposes? Such as finding out who and why the oil plant was target?

He's been left behind by his "comrades" so I doubt he has much care for them.
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Ravager Zero on July 07, 2012, 02:41:15 pm
Rav, can we please use the Merc that I sort of knocked out for interrogation purposes? Such as finding out who and why the oil plant was target?

He's been left behind by his "comrades" so I doubt he has much care for them.
Well, you can certainly try
Title: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Narric on July 07, 2012, 03:13:07 pm
Dragged his ugly ass over :P

Now to let the rest of the group say their final farewells. As Atlas is new to the group, he will simply offer his sympathy, and recognise a great mage for what he is.
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: The Man They Call Jayne on July 07, 2012, 03:16:29 pm
"As Atlas is new to the group, he will simply offer his sympathy, and recognise a great mage for what he is."

Dead? :P
Title: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Wargamer on July 07, 2012, 08:26:27 pm
Can Rehd absorb what remains of your life to further his own power? :P
Title: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Mabbz on July 07, 2012, 08:34:03 pm
Can Rehd absorb what remains of your life to further his own power? :P
If you can convince everyone's character to let you do that, I will be incredibly impressed.
Title: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Wargamer on July 07, 2012, 09:17:25 pm
Can Rehd absorb what remains of your life to further his own power? :P
If you can convince everyone's character to let you do that, I will be incredibly impressed.
"Ja'nus is dead - what remains is an empty vessel; a shell his soul once wore. The life that held that soul in place has failed and is diminishing, but others have need of it - I have need of it. In case nobody noticed I was run through with a sword! Is it really worth losing two of our number because the rest are afraid of offending a corpse?"
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: The Man They Call Jayne on July 08, 2012, 12:29:12 am
Ok, in the interim, if no one has any objection, I will take Zothern off Ravs hands until Cyven.

Can anyone remember what stuff he has?
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Ravager Zero on July 08, 2012, 01:30:16 am
Ok, in the interim, if no one has any objection, I will take Zothern off Ravs hands until Cyven.

Can anyone remember what stuff he has?
Page 21, this thread. The reference post is there.
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: The Man They Call Jayne on July 08, 2012, 01:34:25 am
Ah, got it. Seems simple enough to work with.

Ja'nus' Gold can be dished out around the group by the way.
Title: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Mabbz on July 08, 2012, 09:34:41 am
Can Rehd absorb what remains of your life to further his own power? :P
If you can convince everyone's character to let you do that, I will be incredibly impressed.
"Ja'nus is dead - what remains is an empty vessel; a shell his soul once wore. The life that held that soul in place has failed and is diminishing, but others have need of it - I have need of it. In case nobody noticed I was run through with a sword! Is it really worth losing two of our number because the rest are afraid of offending a corpse?"
Not bad... I wouldn't let you have that if there was enough essence around to heal you, but given the circumstances, Kahlan wont object unless you start eating him. Post that in the RP thread to see everyone elses reaction.
Title: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Narric on July 10, 2012, 06:46:32 am
Jayne, thats more or less what I would've done IRL, but I would have beaten him first, then got the equipment from Ja'nus. :P
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: The Man They Call Jayne on July 10, 2012, 06:48:25 am
Lol. well timing wise Zothern was paying his respects and while he was adjusting Ja'nus robes Rehd asked the question. But Zothern has always seemed to be patient and practical, so he would finish up first and THEN react to the next situation. :P
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Ravager Zero on July 10, 2012, 07:13:38 am
Great roleplaying, all of you involved in that little exchange.

Each of you involved gets a re-roll you can use at any point in the future, on any roll
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: The Man They Call Jayne on July 10, 2012, 07:35:23 am
Will only have that while playing as Zothern, or can I transfer it to Kraytor?
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Mabbz on July 10, 2012, 07:59:09 am
Great roleplaying, all of you involved in that little exchange.

Each of you involved gets a re-roll you can use at any point in the future, on any roll
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Ravager Zero on July 10, 2012, 12:21:52 pm
Will only have that while playing as Zothern, or can I transfer it to Kraytor?
You can have it for either character, to use as you see fit.
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: InsaneTD on July 10, 2012, 12:33:13 pm
Jayne, you're fucking terrible. :P
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: The Man They Call Jayne on July 10, 2012, 12:38:03 pm
I am not going to set up a perfectly good referance and NOT have it. . .well. . .referanced! :P


Also, what did my search turn up? Was this the guy carrying the rifle? If so it should be worth a fair sum. If not then his sword/axe. Maybe his share of the payment, any supplies ect.

I think Ja'nus had 18 gold? Which is in a purse in his bag. Zothern can go through it later and determine what needs to be done with the items. Food and so on, there are still some strips of dried meats in there.
Title: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Wargamer on July 11, 2012, 11:35:28 am
Go sinister Red Magic, go! :D
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: The Man They Call Jayne on July 11, 2012, 11:49:30 am
Yay for brutal torture! :)
Title: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Mabbz on July 11, 2012, 12:03:22 pm
So, what age rating is this now?
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: The Man They Call Jayne on July 11, 2012, 12:15:27 pm
Its M for Manly.
Title: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Railgun Convention on July 11, 2012, 12:49:29 pm
You mean M for Mutilation, surely?
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: InsaneTD on July 11, 2012, 01:04:46 pm
I'm gonna let Rav answer that question. :P

I can think of one but not sure.
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: The Man They Call Jayne on July 11, 2012, 05:50:20 pm
I dont suppose that there is any chance of the cold combats getting discovered/rewritten? It seems that the crash selectivly picked out anything epic and destroyed it. We go from walking down a corridor to walking down a corridor with some interesting stories and toys.

The Golem
The encounter with Seia
The Shadowmage outside Darrow and meeting Emily
The Direwolves in the Manor
The Fell Bears and the Dragon and Nemesis in the city.

All of these are missing and it is a great shame because of the amazing story telling involved.
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: InsaneTD on July 12, 2012, 12:24:50 am
Yeah. Stupid fucken crash.
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Ravager Zero on July 12, 2012, 04:59:33 am
I dont suppose that there is any chance of the cold combats getting discovered/rewritten? It seems that the crash selectivly picked out anything epic and destroyed it. We go from walking down a corridor to walking down a corridor with some interesting stories and toys.

The Golem
The encounter with Seia
The Shadowmage outside Darrow and meeting Emily
The Direwolves in the Manor
The Fell Bears and the Dragon and Nemesis in the city.

All of these are missing and it is a great shame because of the amazing story telling involved.
I have all the combats saved. Not many of the story posts though, I'm afraid.

I was planning on giving you lot flashbacks, or having you tell stories in subsequent taverns/inns in the hopes of free meals, etc.
Title: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Mabbz on July 15, 2012, 08:37:36 am
I am going on holiday for a week, starting tomorrow. I'm not sure if I have internet access, if I do then I'll try and post as normal (there will probably be delays though). If not, Kahlan will do the following:

1) if we get into a fight, she will defend herself, then heal whoever needs its, then attack (probably with throwing knives)

2) if we get into any other situation, Kahlan will do whatever seems sensible (heal if someone get hurt, for example)

3) if anyone talks to her, she will either harmlessly flirt (if it's Marcus, or if she needs to talk her way out of a bad situation), make sensible conversation (in most cases), or make snide remarks (if it's an idiot that isn't in the group)

4) if anyone is seriously coming on to her, refuse, then cut them open if they persist ;)

Since Ocho is going to be unavailable too, I don't trust you guys not to make Kahlan sleep with Marcus or something. That's why I'm not putting anyone specific in charge of her :P
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: InsaneTD on July 15, 2012, 08:59:46 am
Should of put Rav in charge of her for now. :P
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Mabbz on July 15, 2012, 09:20:47 am
Should of have put Rav in charge of her for now. :P
Basically Rav is in charge of any actions, but I am giving the rest of you permission to include her dialogue in your posts.
Title: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Mabbz on July 30, 2012, 08:11:00 am
Well, I was waiting for the posts from last monday (or whenever it was) to be restored before posting. Shall we continue as if I had knocked out Rehd in case they show up again, or have I missed my moment now?

Also, just a reminder that we were about to set up camp when the battle started.
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: The Man They Call Jayne on July 30, 2012, 10:47:19 am
Well we can assume you hit him, and then if/when they get restored it will all work out. And camp it is.


EDIT: What did we get off of the merc that Rehd interogated? Seems he was tyhe one that killed Ja'nus, so he would have a rifle at least, which would come in handy.
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Scout Sergeant Mkoll on August 01, 2012, 11:30:31 pm
Rifle could be useful, but have any of us who don't already have one had training?
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: The Man They Call Jayne on August 01, 2012, 11:32:05 pm
We could sell it. Or keep it until we run into her and her goons again and then Tybalt could use it to symbolically blow her head clean off.
Title: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Narric on August 01, 2012, 11:38:07 pm
I'd rather we start walking, and Rav give us a short narrative that egst us to Cyvern. :P

The posts in the main thread are a bit confusing to follow. Some imply walking together, others imply we haven't left camp-ground yet.
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: The Man They Call Jayne on August 01, 2012, 11:43:07 pm
I think after Mabbz post it became implied that we were walking.

I do like Rehd, his character provides some much needed friction that works very well.
Title: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: El ShasOcho on August 02, 2012, 01:07:57 am
I concur. There were too many goodie two shoes before (guilty as charged), it feels more realistic now.

I also agree that we are walking, because the sooner we start walking the sooner we can stop walking, be it reaching cyven or being attacked again, which is much more interesting than walking.
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: InsaneTD on August 02, 2012, 02:35:18 am
Yeah, if I had to classify him, Tybalt is probably Lawful Good. I prefer to play Lawful Neutral, fits my mind set better, but that's the way Tybalt's ended up. Funny how some chatacters evolve and grow as we play them.

Also, if this was a book, Tybalt's reply would be right after Oan's comment. But I wasn't on at the time.
Title: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: El ShasOcho on August 02, 2012, 02:44:14 am
Marcus seems to be pretty solidly lawful good. Although he values a person's character and doing the right thing before following the law, so would that make him more neutral good?
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: InsaneTD on August 02, 2012, 02:51:13 am
DnD 3.5 suggests a character like Marcus would be Lawful neutral, in that his strong personal code is represented by his Lawful alignment, while he is still capable of thinking about or doing 'evil' things. While not evil, it wouldn't be unheard of for him to loot a corpse, or rob an evil person. He just doesn't do it more often then not. If playing to strict alignment, a lawful good character would never loot a corpse or rob someone, even for a good cause as it is unlawful and evil.
Title: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: El ShasOcho on August 02, 2012, 02:56:33 am
That makes sense. Hard to be pure good and survive in a world like this.

Perhaps my last post will provide a bit of insight into Marcus.
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: The Man They Call Jayne on August 02, 2012, 03:10:16 am
Ja'nus was Chaotic Good/Neutral. Now he is just Neutral Dead.

As the spare character, I think we will see Zothern go all over the place.
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: InsaneTD on August 02, 2012, 03:24:07 am
For those of use that shove ours hands up his arse and use him like a puppet anyway. :P
Title: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Mabbz on August 02, 2012, 09:25:09 am
There were too many goodie two shoes before (guilty as charged), it feels more realistic now.
I still find it weird that Galithir was so well liked amongst the group. I suppose people just liked his cooking.
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: The Man They Call Jayne on August 02, 2012, 09:41:40 am
Galithir may have been a shady character, but he was not portrayed to be particularly immoral.
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Ravager Zero on August 05, 2012, 07:58:23 am
Okay, I've made a story post for you guys.

Not really much movement, but it's bringing back old memories. ;)
Title: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Narric on August 05, 2012, 08:33:44 am
Execellent read.

I'd do  RP post, but I have things to do today.Should be back later on today, if not I may be silent for the next few days. Up-tight relatives have come over for a visite.
Title: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Mabbz on August 05, 2012, 09:29:13 am
Quote
He killed at leats five of those shadows. Five! With one attack! It was about then I figured he was either blessed by Morrde, or completely insane. He was really hard to see, some illusionist spell or other. He took out another of those shadows, just ripped it apart with his knife.
Thanks for making Galithir look like a badass, rather than a moron that thought close combat was a good place for a mage :derp:
Title: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Narric on August 05, 2012, 06:31:38 pm
Let the "Rehd x Galithir" shipping commence :P
Title: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Wargamer on August 05, 2012, 07:12:30 pm
Your character is getting stabbed for that. :P
Title: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Mabbz on August 05, 2012, 09:32:58 pm
Let the "Rehd x Galithir" shipping commence :P
:facepalm001:

You're lucky Galithir isn't around. He already nearly killed one character, you might not be as lucky as Oan.

Your character is getting stabbed for that. :P
Maybe you should write a up brief sparring match gone wrong? Could be good for a laugh.
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Ravager Zero on August 19, 2012, 02:51:50 am
Okay, just put up a new story post.
You guys are getting very close to Cyven now, so here's a little something extra for you

Cyven City (Map)
(http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f42/Ravager72/ETD/ETDCyvenMap-1.png)
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: InsaneTD on August 19, 2012, 02:57:18 am
That  one doesn't have the legend and markers the last one had.

I thought Jan'us hadn't told anyone that. :P
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Ravager Zero on August 19, 2012, 04:19:23 am
That  one doesn't have the legend and markers the last one had.
Yeah, I may need to see if I have a more recent version.

Quote
I thought Jan'us hadn't told anyone that. :P
He also talked in his sleep. A lot. :shifty:
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: InsaneTD on August 19, 2012, 06:11:49 am
While that is true, it was always in a language no one knew. :P
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Mabbz on August 19, 2012, 09:23:54 am
I thought Jan'us hadn't told anyone that. :P
He also talked in his sleep. A lot. :shifty:
That's my source? Time for a small amount of common sense from Kahlan. That's hardly reliable.

EDIT: Illusion magic is the school of Shaya, isn't it? The first post no longer exists. It might be useful to put it back up at some point, in case someone needs to make a new character.
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Ravager Zero on August 19, 2012, 11:37:46 am
While that is true, it was always in a language no one knew. :P
That's beside the point. :P

I thought Jan'us hadn't told anyone that. :P
He also talked in his sleep. A lot. :shifty:
That's my source? Time for a small amount of common sense from Kahlan. That's hardly reliable.

EDIT: Illusion magic is the school of Shaya, isn't it? The first post no longer exists. It might be useful to put it back up at some point, in case someone needs to make a new character.
Well of course.

Yes, it is, and yes, I should.
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: InsaneTD on August 19, 2012, 01:36:13 pm
I've lost all the info on my back up character. :P
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: The Man They Call Jayne on August 19, 2012, 01:51:25 pm
I kept mine seperate because im clever :P
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Ravager Zero on August 26, 2012, 05:00:21 am
Okay, new story post is up.
Enjoy the city, it may be your last. :shifty:
Title: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Mabbz on August 26, 2012, 08:38:10 am
So now Kahlan's having difficulty with magick. I'm seeing a definite pattern emerging here.
Title: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Ravager Zero on August 26, 2012, 08:45:36 am
So now Kahlan's having difficulty with magick. I'm seeing a definite pattern emerging here.
[jedi]
No, you don't
[/jedi]

Seriously though, it's because it's technically a combination of two rather different canticles, and Kahlan only knows healing. The other canticle is Mysticism, under the school of Deaze
Title: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Mabbz on August 26, 2012, 08:54:53 am
Fair enough, although I have to ask why Xan didn't have a go. He knows healing too, and he likes experimenting (just ask the tree).
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: InsaneTD on August 26, 2012, 09:09:29 am
But wouldn't it be more toxin removal then energy restoration? Latic acid is what makes you feel tired and stumble, raw energy would be provided by snacking on jerky and such so it would be more the build up of latic acid that would be the problem.


Edit; Wargamer, Ignoring the conversation as pointless, Rehd watched as a cloaked man stepped quietly out of the tavern. His cloak had no sleeves, and something on his arms flashed in the light from the gaslamps lighting the street. Red flecks. Bloodstone. Biting his lip for the tiniest amount of blood magick, Rehd reached out with his other sense. There was no mistaking those mageline tattoos, or the fierce aura this man projected. It was the red mage from his vision, the wild chaosigan. And Atlas' annoyance at a mere sign had just saved them from being noticed by him. Didn't you read the post? :P
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Scout Sergeant Mkoll on August 26, 2012, 10:16:49 am
Hmmm...I need someone to suggest a Rohan-style drinking contest I think. :P
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: InsaneTD on August 26, 2012, 10:26:06 am
Miss black seems the kind to know and suggest one... Seems the kind of thing a Rai-Tane follower would do.
Title: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Wargamer on August 26, 2012, 01:11:20 pm
@ Tybalt:

Hmm... yes... I must clearly have failed to read that particular paragraph, and most certainly didn't make reference to it on purpose. :P
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: InsaneTD on August 26, 2012, 02:15:32 pm
It makes my day to point such things out to people, thank you for being so considerate.
Title: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Wargamer on September 01, 2012, 09:41:54 am
So, are we going to assume we get through the night without incident? :P
Title: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Ravager Zero on September 01, 2012, 09:56:30 am
So, are we going to assume we get through the night without incident? :P
Yes, you do.

I'll try and get something significant posted tomorrow.
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: InsaneTD on September 01, 2012, 04:27:51 pm
Wargamer, There would only be two beds in my shop and you wouldn't get either. Tybalt wouldn't give his up and wouldn't make his apprentice give it up 'cept for one of the ladies. :P
Title: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Wargamer on September 01, 2012, 05:08:37 pm
You accuse me of paying attention, and yet you fail to notice the post complains about having not slept in a proper bed in a long time? ::)
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: InsaneTD on September 02, 2012, 01:32:17 pm
The way I read it suggests he did sleep in one. My mistake.
Title: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Wargamer on September 02, 2012, 03:12:34 pm
Yeah. You and Mkoll both read my post wrong. Well done. :P
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Scout Sergeant Mkoll on September 02, 2012, 03:33:05 pm
Yeah. You and Mkoll both read my post wrong. Well done. :P
Then the problem is clearly with your post. :P

Also, Rav, did I send you the prices for Cyven already? I can't remember.
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Ravager Zero on September 03, 2012, 06:11:11 am
Also, Rav, did I send you the prices for Cyven already? I can't remember.
No, I don't think you have.
I have Darrow though
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Scout Sergeant Mkoll on September 03, 2012, 12:35:10 pm
Also, Rav, did I send you the prices for Cyven already? I can't remember.
No, I don't think you have.
I have Darrow though
Title: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Mabbz on September 06, 2012, 11:13:24 pm
So, I vote that after we finish with our various activities of the day, we find a bar, drink to Ja'nus' memory, exchange random anecdotes (and maybe have another story post retelling one of our battles) and wake up with very little memory of the previous evening.

Opinions? I would have suggested it in character but I didn't want to double post and I couldn't decide how to say it.
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Scout Sergeant Mkoll on September 06, 2012, 11:17:49 pm
So, I vote that after we finish with our various activities of the day, we find a bar, drink to Ja'nus' memory, exchange random anecdotes (and maybe have another story post retelling one of our battles) and wake up with very little memory of the previous evening.

Opinions? I would have suggested it in character but I didn't want to double post and I couldn't decide how to say it.
That sounds like a plan. :)

Also, just to clarify as Ocho's post may have confused things slightly, Oan is going wandering and looking for a way to get an audience with the King, or a library with an up to date Atlas to get the lay of the land ahead.
Title: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Railgun Convention on September 06, 2012, 11:33:15 pm
Pounds like a slan.

And I'm not entirely sure I'm aware of my "other reasons" for wanting to head to the skydock. Can you update me on that, Rav?
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: The Man They Call Jayne on September 06, 2012, 11:40:48 pm
Indeed. An I want to go to the North Quarter apparently. Im hoping we get some action with the Chaosigan though. Be interesting to fight with Zothern, not just able to blast him into well cooked chunks.
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Ravager Zero on September 09, 2012, 05:05:36 am
I give you
Title: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Narric on September 09, 2012, 05:24:20 am
Excellent writing for Atlas, Rav :D

I an't think of anything I can RP to follow it as of yet though, which is annoying :P
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: InsaneTD on September 09, 2012, 05:32:39 am
Yeah, same. :P

And I think I might have an idea as to how that map works. And what the other 'magick' is. Not saying right now though what I think.
Title: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Ravager Zero on September 09, 2012, 05:36:46 am
Excellent writing for Atlas, Rav :D
Thanks.
I just asked myself: what would half drunk, scottish midget do/say? :P

Quote
I an't think of anything I can RP to follow it as of yet though, which is annoying :P
I've been trying to write that post for three days. I had all those ideas and no way to put them in the proper order.

And I think I might have an idea as to how that map works. And what the other 'magick' is. Not saying right now though what I think.
Let the wild mass guessing begin!  :shifty:
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: InsaneTD on September 09, 2012, 05:41:40 am
I think most of us will jump to the same conclusion, we are all nerds after all. :P

Edit; Hehehe, our dwarf has no drives. :P Or gold it seems. Might want to fix that. :P Ref pg 21. :P
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Ravager Zero on September 09, 2012, 10:02:51 am
Edit; Hehehe, our dwarf has no drives. :P Or gold it seems. Might want to fix that. :P Ref pg 21. :P
Drives are Narric's responsibility.

As for gold, well, I'm going to say that Dwarven gold/currency is somewhat different from human money. (Which means that yes, I'm going to have to make a currency conversion table).
Title: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Railgun Convention on September 09, 2012, 10:56:12 am
World creation on the fly, woo!

Yeah, have fun with that.
Title: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Narric on September 09, 2012, 11:31:30 am
Isn't "Dwarven adventure out for a good fight, and to kill as much evil as possible" a good enough drive? :P

As to how deep my/Atlas' pocket is..... Well, I kinda hoped I could skid past that without anyone knowing
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: InsaneTD on September 09, 2012, 11:41:44 am
I think Dwarven Culture normally revolves around Barter and Trade rather then currency doesn't it? And I'd assume a Dwarf that has been travelling away from Hold and Home for a while would have 'local' currency.
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Ravager Zero on September 09, 2012, 11:47:06 am
I think Dwarven Culture normally revolves around Barter and Trade rather then currency doesn't it? And I'd assume a Dwarf that has been travelling away from Hold and Home for a while would have 'local' currency.
It's whatever Narric wrote for them.
Speaking of which, I can't find said message in my PM's, so I think it was eaten by the forum glitch a while ago. If you could re-send that one please Narric.

Also, Atlas probably does have some human coin, but he's also travelling between dwarven cities as well, so he'd have a fair amount of dwarven coin too.
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: InsaneTD on September 09, 2012, 01:12:17 pm
/me pulls out a fishing rod, baits it with some RPing and then casts.
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: The Man They Call Jayne on September 09, 2012, 03:08:15 pm
So, guy can bend metal with his hads and throw fully grown and armourd men around with his mind.

I think we might actually need to make a coordinated attack plan for a change with this one.

Tybalt, Emily and Oan firing at him from a distance, Zothern, Marcus and Atlas moving from different directions to engage him up close, Kahlan and Xan healing everyone as much as possible and Rehd getting into a good poisition for his favorite coup de gras.
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Mabbz on September 09, 2012, 06:38:40 pm
I give you
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: El ShasOcho on September 09, 2012, 06:51:35 pm
So, guy can bend metal with his hads and throw fully grown and armourd men around with his mind.

I think we might actually need to make a coordinated attack plan for a change with this one.

Tybalt, Emily and Oan firing at him from a distance, Zothern, Marcus and Atlas moving from different directions to engage him up close, Kahlan and Xan healing everyone as much as possible and Rehd getting into a good poisition for his favorite coup de gras.

If he wasn't a Red Mage (he is right?) I would ask if Tybalt had some method of removing essence from the area since his strength and size are things that can be dealt with by staying at range, however his magical abilities are a lot tougher.

Perhaps we could tell Lady Cyven what he said and she will come whoop him?
Title: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Wargamer on September 09, 2012, 07:17:04 pm
I should point out that I decided not to read anything that didn't involve my character so that I would not have meta-knowledge... so I'm rather disturbed to learn that he's currently stomping through the Royal guards crying "Lol! AP3 psychic attack!" :P
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: The Man They Call Jayne on September 09, 2012, 07:19:00 pm
Maybe, but from her reputation she seems just as likely to whoop us too :P
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Mabbz on September 09, 2012, 07:21:39 pm
So, guy can bend metal with his hads and throw fully grown and armourd men around with his mind.

I think we might actually need to make a coordinated attack plan for a change with this one.

Tybalt, Emily and Oan firing at him from a distance, Zothern, Marcus and Atlas moving from different directions to engage him up close, Kahlan and Xan healing everyone as much as possible and Rehd getting into a good poisition for his favorite coup de gras.

If he wasn't a Red Mage (he is right?) I would ask if Tybalt had some method of removing essence from the area since his strength and size are things that can be dealt with by staying at range, however his magical abilities are a lot tougher.

Perhaps we could tell Lady Cyven what he said and she will come whoop him?
Could he inscribe Qetus on a bullet, arrow or rock and then we could fire/throw it at him? It might not stop him using sacrificial magick, but he'd have to self-harm to use that.
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: The Man They Call Jayne on September 09, 2012, 07:40:14 pm
A rock of silencing? Lol. Could work, but he doesnt seem to be the type who cares about what other people want to do. Im more worried about his fist going through my skull.
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: InsaneTD on September 10, 2012, 12:38:25 am
I still think you lot are wrong. Every post I've seen Rav post about him suggests he doesn't care about us, just the Mercs who killed Jan'us. It's Wargamer who first implied he'd be after us and I have no idea where he got that idea.
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: The Man They Call Jayne on September 10, 2012, 01:00:33 am
Well if this guy is linked to Ja'nus in some way, and he spotted Oan and seemed to fix on him, then the fact that we were even WITH Ja'nus puts us on the list. And if he thinks we might be responsible for his death, he doesnt seem like the guy to take that lightly.
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: InsaneTD on September 10, 2012, 01:57:19 am
Cause Oan running away after making eye contact with the guy isn't something that raises suspicion at all.
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: The Man They Call Jayne on September 10, 2012, 02:04:08 am
Self fullfilling prophecy then. He is coming after us because Oan is running from him because we had a vision of him coming after us.
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: InsaneTD on September 10, 2012, 02:11:06 am
There was no vision of him coming after us. Wargamer said may, then everyone started think he was. Go back and read Rav's posts. The only mention of him going after anyone is him chasing the Mercs. Everything else has come from Wargamer and your reading of what has been said since. The vision post is on page 21.


edit; Which is probably good replaying on Wargys part, Rehd's life and experiences would colour his perception of Red Mages as he has only had to hunt and deal with the dangerous ones.
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: The Man They Call Jayne on September 10, 2012, 02:18:46 am
I know. I remember it clearly. Consider, Kraytor knew of Ja'nus' death because he "could smell it" on the merc. We can reasonalbly assume that this is some form of chaos magic and he was just using smell as artistic license. If he can tell that Ja'nus is dead, he may easily know that Oan was involved, even if he wasnt responsible.

Also, we can also reasonably assume that if he has intterogated anyone before, they are likely to have talked. Even Tybalts gunsmith friend knew that Ja'nus was in our party, so Kraytor almsot certainly did. Our story is spreading, our adventure becoming folk tale already.

If Kraytor knows that Ja'nus SHOULD be with us, even if he doesnt know he is dead, he would still come after us because apparently Ja'nus matters to him in someway. Oans reaction may well be based on a misunderstanding of Rehds vision, but the end result might be the same.
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: InsaneTD on September 10, 2012, 03:33:33 am
Then why did he attack us outside the Tavern? He 'smells' the guy from over 50 feet away as being part responsible for his death. Surely we were at least that close?
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Ravager Zero on September 10, 2012, 06:03:31 am
I give you
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: InsaneTD on September 10, 2012, 06:23:28 am
Does your posting right now mean we are about to get some of our questions awnsered? :P

And to anyone wondering, yes that is my backup character.
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Ravager Zero on September 10, 2012, 06:58:28 am
Does your posting right now mean we are about to get some of our questions awnsered? :P

And to anyone wondering, yes that is my backup character.
Yes, yes it does.

It also means I'm pouring petrol on the bonfire of speculation you lot have going. :shifty:
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: InsaneTD on September 10, 2012, 07:01:55 am
Hehe, that's always fun... Even if it doesn't always end well. :P

Normally for the person pouring. :P
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Ravager Zero on September 10, 2012, 07:11:52 am
Hehe, that's always fun... Even if it doesn't always end well. :P

Normally for the person pouring. :P
Except that I'm expecting this to blow up in my face. :P
In fact, if this scheme explodes, seventeen others get set into motion, which derail a whole lot more.
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: InsaneTD on September 10, 2012, 07:14:20 am
Tzeentch, Dr Who (The Master more then likely), Chultu'verse or possibly Loki? :P


hmm.... Could always be the Joker.



Edit; What about the modifications I wanted done to my rifle. I did mention that in the RP thread.
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Ravager Zero on September 10, 2012, 07:30:24 am
Tzeentch, Dr Who (The Master more then likely), Chultu'verse or possibly Loki? :P


hmm.... Could always be the Joker.
It was Tzeentch
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: InsaneTD on September 10, 2012, 07:43:17 am
Fucked if I know. Tzeentch is in both 40K and fantasy, both settings have a huge backlog of fluff and the chaos gods have been in both settings since the begining. I've read a grand total of one chaos related book that had tzeentch in it. And that's the WoC book. :P

I was just guessing likely canidates. :P

For a wild guess.... Arhiman?
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Mabbz on September 10, 2012, 08:28:42 am
I give you
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: InsaneTD on September 10, 2012, 08:37:00 am
One might think you don't like Jayne, you keep trying to kill his characters. :P

I don't care if it's obivious. :P
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Ravager Zero on September 10, 2012, 08:54:13 am
I give you
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: The Man They Call Jayne on September 10, 2012, 09:00:37 am
Stop trying to plot my death! :P
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Mabbz on September 10, 2012, 09:13:29 am
I give you
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: The Man They Call Jayne on September 10, 2012, 09:16:37 am
You realise that having an invisible dress is less helpful than you might think. . . :P
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Mabbz on September 10, 2012, 09:24:51 am
You realise that having an invisible dress is less helpful than you might think. . . :P
Oh, I assumed that it just meant I could hide the fact that the fabric was magical. You make a good point.
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: InsaneTD on September 10, 2012, 09:44:37 am
You realise that having an invisible dress is less helpful than you might think. . . :P
Oh, I assumed that it just meant I could hide the fact that the fabric was magical. You make a good point.
Now why did you have to tell her that? :P

It's also illusion magic, so it could be invisible if you wanted it too.....
Title: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Wargamer on September 10, 2012, 09:55:55 am
One of the problems that often crops up in RPGs is there is no distinction made between player knowledge and character knowledge. I am doing my best to keep the two apart; I try and play out every encounter as Rehd would. Makes for some... interesting reading, when viewed from the outside. :P
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: InsaneTD on September 10, 2012, 10:06:24 am
Yeah. Can make it hard. That's why Tybalt hasn't said anything about it.
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: The Man They Call Jayne on September 10, 2012, 10:09:13 am
Aslong as I remember not to ask about anything that I dont technically know about, like Oans encounter, I should be ok.
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: InsaneTD on September 10, 2012, 10:32:15 am
As long as Oan remember to tell use about it, it won't be a problem. :P
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Scout Sergeant Mkoll on September 10, 2012, 12:02:41 pm
As for gold, well, I'm going to say that Dwarven gold/currency is somewhat different from human money. (Which means that yes, I'm going to have to make a currency conversion table).
I'll do that if you like? I've no internet at home so I'm running out of things to do, and right now I need to keep my mind busy. :P Shouldn't take me more than a day or so.

With regards to me running and him chasing, I've just seen the guy beat down King's Guard without even trying, he's become aware of me seeing this, why am I not going to run? I know I can't take him alone. Also, my guess is his abilityto "smell" Jan'us' death on us is an activated ability, not passive, hence him not attacking at the tavern.

It's about 500 gold/yard. The vendor has twelve yards.
...that's expensive. Hell I'm fairly sure I costed Full Plate at less than that. :P That said, I've no idea how much of the stuff it would take to make the equivalent of any kind of armour. I could do with some though. :P

Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: The Man They Call Jayne on September 10, 2012, 12:42:11 pm
"Also, my guess is his abilityto "smell" Jan'us' death on us is an activated ability, not passive, hence him not attacking at the tavern."

Thats true. Can't Rehd "sense" death in some way?
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: InsaneTD on September 10, 2012, 02:05:31 pm
Pfft. The guard are nothing. Lets seem him do that to a Dragoon. :shifty:
Title: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Wargamer on September 10, 2012, 03:00:27 pm
As I understand it, most mages can sense areas of high / low magical potency. Red Mages, drawing their power from the life-force of others (directly via the blood) would most likely be able to sense other people by that means. Of course, the question is whether they can tell the difference between a Human and an animal, or whether lone individuals or small groups can pass under the radar, so to speak.
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: InsaneTD on September 10, 2012, 03:18:07 pm
You know, having read Rav's describtion of enmeshing metal, I'm not sure I want to know how silk is enmeshed.
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Ravager Zero on September 11, 2012, 06:45:35 am
You know, having read Rav's describtion of enmeshing metal, I'm not sure I want to know how silk is enmeshed.
Normally it requires a loom, a mage, and a magickal substance to be woven through the fabric substrate.

Shaya's Bulwark, however, is rather more special.
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: The Man They Call Jayne on September 11, 2012, 07:08:59 am
Bagsy me not enmeshing anything again! :P
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: InsaneTD on September 11, 2012, 07:37:04 am
You're not a mage. Unless this red is your new PC? In which case, I would be worried if a red mage was needed to enmesh something. :P
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: The Man They Call Jayne on September 11, 2012, 08:27:44 am
I suppose it depends WHAT needs enmeshing as to what kind of mage would do the job. Still, I dont recommend it. Jan'us was tired for quite a while after that whole thing. :P
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: The Man They Call Jayne on September 12, 2012, 09:37:29 pm
Double posting to avoid spamming the Enclave.

So who are we to send to meet with the assassins? My vote would come down between Oan and Tybalt. Te staff should be taken if we send Oan, as it wouldnt be classed as a weapon in the hands of a non mage. If we send Tybalt, we have to hope that there wont be any Quetus Runes to dampen his abilities as he wont be able to take his rifle or a sword.

On reflection, Oan is probably the one to sacrif-. . .send. . . :P
Title: Enter, the Darkness
Post by: Scout Sergeant Mkoll on September 12, 2012, 09:42:18 pm
I think regardless of who goes they shouldn't be unarmed. A mage is never without weapons, why should we disadvantage ourselves when we neither know nor trust the person we're meeting or the person arranging it?
Title: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Mabbz on September 12, 2012, 09:49:26 pm
I'll lend a dagger or two to whoever goes. As for who goes, I suggest Zothern. He knows as much as Oan or Tybalt, and he's basically a spare character once Jayne takes control of his new one. Besides, a guard is less valuable than a runesmith or a ranger as far as I'm concerned.
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: The Man They Call Jayne on September 12, 2012, 10:01:32 pm
Arent assassins somewhat honourable though? Nil mortificare sine lucre and all that? They need Kraytor out the way because he is causing them issues of some kind. They said send the one who was closest to Ja'nus, which wasnt Zothern.

As for being armed, one on one, or one on however many are there, which one of us other than Rehd could take on a master assassin even with a couple of daggers at hand.

We know magick can be stopped, we know there are kinds of magick in Cyven that we have never encountered, and we know that these people are VERY dangerous.
Title: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Wargamer on September 12, 2012, 10:17:58 pm
Rehd's always got at least one dagger on hand. ;)
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: InsaneTD on September 12, 2012, 10:31:55 pm
2 points:

1, Tybalt can't use a mage staff. :P
2, He can send up a flare if he needs rescued. Anyone else we send would have to get back to us before we know they are in trouble.
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: The Man They Call Jayne on September 12, 2012, 10:37:20 pm
Unless they use something to supress magic. You need it, they dont.
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: InsaneTD on September 12, 2012, 10:39:39 pm
Which we would sense before hand or as it went up, either would be a sure sign I'd probably need rescued or that it was a trap. :P
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: The Man They Call Jayne on September 14, 2012, 04:25:25 am
Are we all agreed on heading back to the workshop (does it have a name or is it just Tybalts workshop?) to discuss what we have found out?

If we are then Rav can get the next bit up without wondering what we are doing in the meantime.
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: InsaneTD on September 14, 2012, 05:07:18 am
Maybe it does, and maybe it doesn't........... :shifty:
Title: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Mabbz on September 14, 2012, 06:58:41 am
Are we all agreed on heading back to the workshop (does it have a name or is it just Tybalts workshop?) to discuss what we have found out?

If we are then Rav can get the next bit up without wondering what we are doing in the meantime.
Sounds good to me.
Title: Enter, the Darkness
Post by: Scout Sergeant Mkoll on September 14, 2012, 11:10:06 am
I'm making a quick trip to the Steward's building then heading back. Thimgs could get very interesting indeed.
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Ravager Zero on September 17, 2012, 10:11:11 am
Okay, I've put everyone back at Tybalt's shop for now.

I'll fill in your little extra activities later, perhaps as you tell each other how they went.

Sorry if things have been repeated from your posts, but I wanted to collect some good story & dialogue material to get started on a larger post later, when you decided what to do.
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: InsaneTD on September 17, 2012, 01:06:27 pm
YOU ARE ONLY JUST TELLING US ABOUT THE GOD OF ARTIFICE RIGHT NOW?!?!?!?!?

Can I change my order for a backup character now and volunteer Tybalt for the meeting with Kaytor?
Title: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Railgun Convention on September 17, 2012, 11:17:59 pm
 :facepalm001:

YOU ARE ONLY JUST TELLING US ABOUT THE GOD OF ARTIFICE RIGHT NOW?!?!?!?!?

That is all.
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Ravager Zero on September 18, 2012, 05:59:38 am
YOU ARE ONLY JUST TELLING US ABOUT THE GOD OF ARTIFICE RIGHT NOW?!?!?!?!?
Yes, I am.

Because Nyrvan is one of the northern gods.
Like Jin and Eryje are eastern goddess, Skol and Nyrvan belong to the north.

It means that only people native to the north (or steeped in northern culture & spirituality for their entire upbringing) are capable of learning the canticles belong to those gods.
None of you happen to be native to the north, and nobody thought to ask if different regions had different gods
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: The Man They Call Jayne on September 18, 2012, 06:54:19 am
Quote
and volunteer Tybalt for the meeting with Kaytor?

Well if thats the case then Kraytor may just kill you for getting his name wrong. :P
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: InsaneTD on September 18, 2012, 09:00:56 am
Well that would be a first for one of my character's dying. :P

At this point I'm happy with Tryrus as my backup character and wish to explore him as a character. Not that I'm in a rush to lose Tybalt.
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: The Man They Call Jayne on September 18, 2012, 09:04:27 am
Just because I may have missed it, we seem to be operating under the assumption that we are sending a person to the brothel to meet with Cherry AND Kraytor. Was this actually stated? I recall Cherry telling Rehd that we should bring the person closest to Ja'nus to the brothel, but I dont recall mention of what would actually be done, or that Kraytor was going to be there aswell.

If all we are doing is sending someone to talk to the assassins and maybe learn something useful, its a different story. I would still vote to send Oan, but we wouldnt have to be so worried about serious injury or a huge scrap breaking out.
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: InsaneTD on September 18, 2012, 02:07:02 pm
Well the only stipulation placed on the meeting was unarmed and knew Jan'us. Oan or whoever could go in wearing their full armour.

I'd also like to point out that Tybalt has managed to avoid duels with the nobles often city, partly because he's popular, partly because is a runesmith but mostly cause he managed to either not step in it or talk his way out of trouble. He's also had to haggle with suppliers and others to set up the workshop and run it.

All of which was part of his character background I originally posted and implied in it.

Still, Oan is the best choice.
Title: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Narric on September 18, 2012, 02:48:17 pm
Hey Ravager, I'll leave rolling and RP for my search to you, as I doubt I'd write anything decent.
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: The Man They Call Jayne on September 19, 2012, 04:41:51 am
I have a few plans for the Eye. I am still working on Kraytors deity worship. Its not Rai-Tane obviously, it may be more akin to the Eldar God, even though he doesnt know it. He is a Chaosigan and a Shaman, so he draws power from the earth and from life around him. Something which we should find very hand as a group. He also has blood magicks, so there is some worship of Morrde there.

He will be an interesting embodiment of life and death.
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: The Man They Call Jayne on September 23, 2012, 09:23:03 am
Anyone want to roll some sparring against Oan with the Staff?

Just something to do until Rav gets around to the next post.
Title: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Mabbz on September 23, 2012, 09:38:20 am
I'm always up for some sparring. Not sure how we'd roll for it though.

Come to think of it, I still have Galithir's staff. We could both train with staffs. It probably wouldn't be as useful for you as if I used my knives though, so better not.
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: The Man They Call Jayne on September 23, 2012, 10:00:32 am
Use invisible castle. Mkoll can't get online though, so you'll have to roll for him aswell and write up the fight yourself.
Title: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Mabbz on September 23, 2012, 10:05:12 am
I meant what would I need to roll? I can roll for one person trying to do something, but I don't know how I'd roll for two people competing against each other.
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Scout Sergeant Mkoll on September 23, 2012, 11:38:40 am
Just use opposed rolls and modify the severity of the defeat to represent how much they lost by. Besides, I'm not looking for actual sparring, more for turning aside bullrushers to begin with.
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Ravager Zero on September 24, 2012, 10:28:21 am
I should hopefully be able to give you guys a decent story post by the end of tomorrow.
No promises though, got a lot of work around the house to catch up on.

EDIT: Story post is up. Have fun with that. ;)
Title: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Mabbz on September 25, 2012, 07:57:06 am
Hmm... of course, having Kraytor join the group does present one problem. We'll have to put the whole drinking to Ja'nus' memory thing off for a day or two. It will most likely be too soon for him otherwise.
Title: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Wargamer on September 25, 2012, 07:59:26 am
Oh this will be fun! ;D
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: The Man They Call Jayne on September 25, 2012, 11:24:37 am
Still go drinking. Kraytor may appreciate the respect.
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: The Man They Call Jayne on September 28, 2012, 08:22:47 pm
I sense a Hulk/Thor relationship between Rehd and Kraytor. This should be entertaining.

Dont worry though, there will be a fight, I need to learn what Im capable of. :P
Title: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Wargamer on September 28, 2012, 10:16:45 pm
I can see Kraytor waking up with a knife to his throat. :P
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Scout Sergeant Mkoll on September 28, 2012, 10:24:29 pm
Dont worry though, there will be a fight
May be a fight. We've been through this. :P

I can see Kraytor waking up with a knife to his throat. :P
Only if you want an arrow pointing at yours. :P
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: The Man They Call Jayne on September 28, 2012, 11:04:15 pm
Will be a fight. I wasnt listening to you :P
Title: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Mabbz on September 29, 2012, 07:50:18 am
But first, there will be booze!
Title: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Mabbz on October 03, 2012, 04:24:11 pm
How long ago did the quest start (in universe)? Looking back, it looks like 3-4weeks, but I'm not sure.
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: The Man They Call Jayne on October 03, 2012, 04:33:47 pm
Around that does seem to be accurate.
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Scout Sergeant Mkoll on October 03, 2012, 04:35:25 pm
I think it's closer to 6 weeks. We spent about 2 weeks in Darrow IIRC, about 2 weeks getting there due to the woods, then just over a week to Cyven.
Title: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Ravager Zero on October 04, 2012, 06:12:15 am
How long ago did the quest start (in universe)? Looking back, it looks like 3-4weeks, but I'm not sure.
Let me just check my beat chart
Title: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Narric on October 05, 2012, 07:24:54 pm
I'm going to be honest guys. I've lost track of what my character should be doing, or is doing right now.

Before my internet cut-out (used up my allowance), I'd RP'd Atlas to find a safe place. So far as I know, Rav didn't write anything about it, but the story seems to have progressed beyond the point that any safe-house Atlas found is even needed.

So how the heck am I going to crowbar myself back into this? I don't want to fall out of the RP again, and seeing the RP thread in my Unread Message box kills me every time I can't think of what to actually "RP."

I'll re-read the last two pages and try and figure it out myself, but I don't want to fuck something up, like suddenly teleporting into the room and pretending like I was their from the start.
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Scout Sergeant Mkoll on October 05, 2012, 07:39:25 pm
I'm going to be honest guys. I've lost track of what my character should be doing, or is doing right now.

Before my internet cut-out (used up my allowance), I'd RP'd Atlas to find a safe place. So far as I know, Rav didn't write anything about it, but the story seems to have progressed beyond the point that any safe-house Atlas found is even needed.

So how the heck am I going to crowbar myself back into this? I don't want to fall out of the RP again, and seeing the RP thread in my Unread Message box kills me every time I can't think of what to actually "RP."

I'll re-read the last two pages and try and figure it out myself, but I don't want to fuck something up, like suddenly teleporting into the room and pretending like I was their from the start.
The bar we were in before Khalan, Kraytor, Tybalt and myself left was the safehouse you found. It's fairly safe to assume you've been there with us, keeping to yourself while the rest of us spoke about Jan'us as you didn't know him that well.
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: The Man They Call Jayne on October 05, 2012, 07:42:35 pm
I did mention you as Kraytor. You were happily enjoying a very large ale and generally being quiet.
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Ravager Zero on October 13, 2012, 04:31:46 am
And on the sixth day, Rav posted.
Well, actually it's more like eleven or something, but :P
Title: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Mabbz on October 13, 2012, 08:45:33 am
What sort of dice modifiers would I get for being tipsy and tired? Since I'm not sure I'll leave my post ambiguous as to how I got on with my healing.
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: InsaneTD on October 13, 2012, 11:18:19 am
My guess would be, Fucking Huge Ones. But that would just be what I would give as a GM.
Title: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Ravager Zero on October 13, 2012, 12:14:16 pm
What sort of dice modifiers would I get for being tipsy and tired? Since I'm not sure I'll leave my post ambiguous as to how I got on with my healing.
Being tipsy adds +3 to the relevant stat (so you still managed to get the magick off).
Being tired reduces the effectiveness of the action by one step (meaning you'll have slightly less of a headache in the morning, rather than no headache. You're still tipsy for now).
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Scout Sergeant Mkoll on October 13, 2012, 04:27:56 pm
Out of interest, wasn't my jaw healed a while back by Xan? I'm not going to be much use convincing a king if it hurts like hell to speak. :P
Title: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Mabbz on October 13, 2012, 05:50:07 pm
What sort of dice modifiers would I get for being tipsy and tired? Since I'm not sure I'll leave my post ambiguous as to how I got on with my healing.
Being tipsy adds +3 to the relevant stat (so you still managed to get the magick off).
Being tired reduces the effectiveness of the action by one step (meaning you'll have slightly less of a headache in the morning, rather than no headache. You're still tipsy for now).
Ah well, worth a try. I don't mind being tipsy as long as it makes for a few amusing moments and doesn't get me killed.

Out of interest, wasn't my jaw healed a while back by Xan? I'm not going to be much use convincing a king if it hurts like hell to speak. :P
I'd offer to heal it, but I'm probably to drunk to do it properly. Imagine the possible consequences of an epic fail.
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Ravager Zero on October 13, 2012, 10:35:39 pm
Out of interest, wasn't my jaw healed a while back by Xan? I'm not going to be much use convincing a king if it hurts like hell to speak. :P
It was, a little.
It's not broken anymore, but it should still hurt a little.
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Scout Sergeant Mkoll on October 13, 2012, 10:39:59 pm
I see. Hmmm...may get a little testy then if there's a lot of talking involved. That's surely going to help our cause with the king of a potentially hostile city. :P
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Ravager Zero on October 14, 2012, 01:23:38 am
I give you moar story!

Now what was everyone else up to? (aside from, y'know, getting drunk)
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: InsaneTD on October 14, 2012, 02:08:03 am
I might just start calling Rehd, Kharn.
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: The Man They Call Jayne on October 14, 2012, 02:21:35 am
So Rehd is more of a devious bastard than we gave him credit for, which, speaking as Kraytor, is ALOT of credit :P
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: InsaneTD on October 14, 2012, 08:14:17 am
Yes but what is he actually up to? Why is he helping this man?
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Ravager Zero on October 14, 2012, 08:33:53 am
Yes but what is he actually up to? Why is he helping this man?
Wouldn't you all like to know? :shifty:
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: InsaneTD on October 14, 2012, 09:17:45 am
Actually ues, I would. Hence why I asked. :P
Title: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Mabbz on October 14, 2012, 09:30:35 am
I admit to being mildly curious as well.
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: InsaneTD on October 14, 2012, 10:10:55 am
Don't expect to find out anytime soon though.
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Scout Sergeant Mkoll on October 24, 2012, 09:49:47 pm
Yes but what is he actually up to? Why is he helping this man?
Wouldn't you all like to know? :shifty:
I'd quite like to know, yes. Sadly I'm at the palace so it'll be a while before I even get wind of it. :P
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: InsaneTD on October 24, 2012, 10:43:00 pm
Same. When's the next update?
Title: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Wargamer on October 24, 2012, 10:53:36 pm
Look, is it that unbelievable that I might just be doing the right thing formybankaccount on this one? :P
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Scout Sergeant Mkoll on October 24, 2012, 11:49:09 pm
Look, is it that unbelievable that I might just be doing the right thing formybankaccount on this one? :P
Strictly speaking, no, but it depends on the definition of "right thing". Right thing for you we could all see you doing. Best for the party is...feasible I suppose. Morally right thing in the grand scheme of things, that's going to take some convincing I'm afraid. :P
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: The Man They Call Jayne on October 25, 2012, 02:21:45 am
Look, is it that unbelievable that I might just be doing the right thing formybankaccount on this one? :P

Yes. :P
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: InsaneTD on October 25, 2012, 03:08:20 am
I'm with Mkoll on this one.
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Ravager Zero on October 25, 2012, 06:01:04 am
Same. When's the next update?
SoonTM.
Hopefully by the end of the weekend.

EDIT: Well I haven't met the deadline, but I do have something I'm working on. It's just not good enough yet. Hopefully tomorrow. ;)
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Ravager Zero on October 29, 2012, 09:41:45 am
Okay, so it's not my greatest work ever, but the story has been advanced somewhat.
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: InsaneTD on November 10, 2012, 05:34:22 am
Ravy dear, when will we ever get another update?


Actually when will EUD get updated?
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Ravager Zero on November 12, 2012, 05:39:04 am
Ravy dear, when will we ever get another update?


Actually when will EUD get updated?
To the first, soon-ish.
I blame Halo 4 for the delays. :shifty:

To the second.
After ETD's next update hopefully.
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: InsaneTD on November 12, 2012, 06:06:31 am
A "Beating a dead horse" game is not a good enough excuse. :P
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Scout Sergeant Mkoll on November 12, 2012, 03:17:32 pm
A "Beating a dead horse" game is not a good enough excuse. :P
I second this response. :P
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Ravager Zero on November 13, 2012, 04:49:29 am
Right then, sink your teeth into some story. ;)
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: InsaneTD on November 13, 2012, 05:18:15 am
Oh gods, what have I stumbled across by accident?
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: The Man They Call Jayne on November 13, 2012, 11:14:32 am
Hooray! I'm a Luddite!
Title: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Wargamer on November 19, 2012, 03:11:04 pm
Will you guys hurry up and rejoin the party so we can all take part? :P
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: The Man They Call Jayne on November 19, 2012, 05:49:47 pm
You have your own things to do. Get on with it :P You need to post in order to get more story so you can post more :P
Title: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Mabbz on November 21, 2012, 05:54:22 pm
There, a post to keep Mkoll happy. I wasn't entirely sure what happened to the messenger after we parted ways (that section of the RP is missing) so I assumed he carried on with his goal.
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Scout Sergeant Mkoll on November 21, 2012, 07:06:04 pm
There, a post to keep Mkoll happy. I wasn't entirely sure what happened to the messenger after we parted ways (that section of the RP is missing) so I assumed he carried on with his goal.
He couldn't have, his message was stolen and he didn't know what it said. :P
Title: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Mabbz on November 21, 2012, 07:46:55 pm
So what did he do? I'll alter my post when someone tells me.
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Scout Sergeant Mkoll on November 21, 2012, 08:00:14 pm
So what did he do? I'll alter my post when someone tells me.
Presumably returned to Cyven, or he may have stayed in Darrow fearing the Cyveni king's reaction. I'm not sure.
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Ravager Zero on November 22, 2012, 08:03:54 am
Have at thee!
Story!

Sorry TD, but Tybalt's little sideplot can't be advanced until those guards return
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: InsaneTD on November 22, 2012, 09:15:30 am
Tybalt is quite happy to sit and wait.

What happened to updating the other game?

Edit: Daemons, Daemons everywhere and not a badass daemon banishing runesmith insight. :P


And Tybalt knows just how lucky he was.
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Ravager Zero on November 22, 2012, 10:36:24 am
What happened to updating the other game?
I've got a half done post for that, hopefully fully done by the weekend.
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: The Man They Call Jayne on November 22, 2012, 04:52:57 pm
This is all going to end in tears. I can tell. And if it doesn't, it can be arranged. Lady Cyven is going to regret that silencing.
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Scout Sergeant Mkoll on November 22, 2012, 05:12:11 pm
How about we stop then end of mankind and then worry about personal slights? :P

I'm assuming that the South falling into chaos would result in the end of mankind anyway. Without trade from Cyven, Darrow etc Hygar and the other Northern cities would start to struggle for some resources as well as certain skills so it would probably only be a matter of time.
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: The Man They Call Jayne on November 22, 2012, 05:27:47 pm
The machine is definatly going regardless. It's too powerful to leave standing and it changes the balance of power far too much. It may also lead to the dilution of essence if it ever became easier to manipulate it with machinery.

Plus, nobody silences me and gets away with it.
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: InsaneTD on November 23, 2012, 01:38:05 am
Where are you getting this idea the machine can control essence? I didn't get that from reading the posts.
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Ravager Zero on November 23, 2012, 04:07:47 am
Where are you getting this idea the machine can control essence? I didn't get that from reading the posts.
But Jayne did.
And I'm going to continue being deliberately ambiguous about it, because no one present (out of you lot) can actually tell what it's for. ;)

Also, for those in combat, Three Rounds Rapid by PM please.
[Wargamer, El Shas Ocho, Skeith/Narric, Railgun Convention]
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: InsaneTD on November 23, 2012, 04:20:45 am
Damn me being elsewhere in the place. :P
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: The Man They Call Jayne on November 23, 2012, 11:00:59 am
Well if it serves use as a telescope, which it certainly seemed to, before it fell over through absolutly no falult of my own, it doesnt now.

The way the Lady was discussing Naturomancy led me to associate the machince, as we have had the rules of magick explained to us. Nobody can do everything properly and Naturomancy seems to be just that. Then I remebered the device that was found at the airship dock that was tracking the airships by a kind of magick that nobody present recognized.

It is probable to assume then that harnessing magick with machines is possible and a huge focussing thingy seems like a bad thing to let someone have.

Plus, as a Red Shaman, Kraytor is distrustful of most modern technology. Only simple things seems safe to him. "The old ways" are familiar, safe, and he is not a fast man to adapt because he has never needed to. His villiage was not huge, not advanced and his family were the main source of magickal power. In his mind magick is a precious and all powerful thing, not to be used by the common rabble. He is arrogant in his power and has no time for potential threats to it.

He even worships nature and the original creator, even though he doesnt know it exactly. Anything that is unnatural is inferior, and while he sees that progress is inevitable, he doesnt have to like it and only really "approves" of the simplest technology, and even that he has little use for himself.

The lack of human contact has made him reactionary aswell, so even if he didnt hate the machine, Lady Cyven just silenced him against his will and THAT will definatly not go unpunished.
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: InsaneTD on November 23, 2012, 02:46:12 pm
Yeah, Tybalt just just throw up a rune of silence over the area. That prisoner maybe a mage after all..... :shifty:
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: The Man They Call Jayne on November 23, 2012, 03:38:34 pm
Hmm, that's a point can runes be undone, or broken by non runesmiths that are still magic users?
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: InsaneTD on November 23, 2012, 05:53:50 pm
I'd just be invoking it which has a set time limit. Even inscribed runes discharge eventually. The right combo will last a long time, but will still fade.

And Rav said yesterday that a strong/powerful enough mage can break a rune. I think a non mage can in some cases but would probably end up as a smoking pair of boots as the power is released. My guess is it would short to earth through the idiot.


Edit: Rav, would the rune of indestructability mean that a blade would never nick or go blunt? Blunting of the blade is basicly it being rounded off which is a type of damage.
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Ravager Zero on November 23, 2012, 10:45:22 pm
I'd just be invoking it which has a set time limit. Even inscribed runes discharge eventually. The right combo will last a long time, but will still fade.

And Rav said yesterday that a strong/powerful enough mage can break a rune. I think a non mage can in some cases but would probably end up as a smoking pair of boots as the power is released. My guess is it would short to earth through the idiot.


Edit: Rav, would the rune of indestructability mean that a blade would never nick or go blunt? Blunting of the blade is basicly it being rounded off which is a type of damage.
I believe I covered this earlier (like, before the meltdown), but the general idea was that while the blade would be a hell of a lot tougher than usual, and lasting a whole lot longer too, it wouldn't be literally indestructible.
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: InsaneTD on November 24, 2012, 02:29:02 am
Would it be harder to sharpen?
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Ravager Zero on November 24, 2012, 02:34:51 am
Would it be harder to sharpen?
Yes.
The rune would make the material itself harder/more durable, so that kind of enchantment cuts both ways. ;)
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: InsaneTD on November 24, 2012, 03:08:47 am
Thought so.

Had an idea for a rune, one that makes it harder to be disarmed. Maybe has to paired with a glove or such.
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Ravager Zero on December 15, 2012, 09:24:35 pm
Combat post is up.
Yes, I know it took too damn long, but ESO and Narric never PM'd me anything, so I gave them an extra week's grace just in case. I just used the most sensible option for their actions, judging from past combats.
Title: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Railgun Convention on December 15, 2012, 10:03:24 pm
Awesome. :)

For clarity's sake, if we freeze the scene here, what does it look like?
Title: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Narric on December 15, 2012, 10:37:02 pm
Oh, bugger......

*runs to the RP thread*
Title: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Ravager Zero on December 16, 2012, 03:53:37 am
Awesome. :)

For clarity's sake, if we freeze the scene here, what does it look like?

Marcus and Atlas are facing off against three black guardians in the middle of the road. The fourth is hanging back, while the fifth daemon is halfway between those two and Xan's ghost bears. (Note: Ghost bears are simply large, white bears of unknown provenance.) Zothern is slumped against a wall, badly injured, while Xan is hiding on the far side of the road, directing his summoned creatures to attack. Rehd is on the far side of the battle from Xan and Zothern, ready to attack the nearest daemons from behind.

Also, 3 rounds rapid from Wargamer, Narric, El'shas'ocho and Railgun Convention please.
Title: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Mabbz on December 16, 2012, 09:47:38 am
How far away are Kraytor and Kahlan? Are we likely to get there in time to help?
Title: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Ravager Zero on December 16, 2012, 10:27:47 am
How far away are Kraytor and Kahlan? Are we likely to get there in time to help?
The others are about halfway from the Drunken Midget to Tybalt's shop. You're at the Royal Palace. About four miles separates those locations, so no, you're unlikely to make it in time.
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: The Man They Call Jayne on December 16, 2012, 12:30:59 pm
Not sure if this will actually work, but it might get us there faster.
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: InsaneTD on December 16, 2012, 04:04:49 pm
Wouldn't you still be silenced by lady Cyven?
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: The Man They Call Jayne on December 16, 2012, 04:21:04 pm
Im pretty sure she lifted that since the machine was damaged anyway.
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Scout Sergeant Mkoll on January 07, 2013, 07:31:47 pm
Out of interest, do we still have that oil we salvaged from the leak?

And damnit!! I just thought of a way we could've potentially saved Ja'nus. :(
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: The Man They Call Jayne on January 07, 2013, 09:00:50 pm
Zothern relived Jan'us of his things. Kraytor now has the staff. I think Zothern still has the pouch though. The phials were in there so they probably still are.
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Mabbz on January 07, 2013, 10:11:49 pm
And damnit!! I just thought of a way we could've potentially saved Ja'nus. :(
Do tell?
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Scout Sergeant Mkoll on January 07, 2013, 10:39:08 pm
And damnit!! I just thought of a way we could've potentially saved Ja'nus. :(
Do tell?
Use the oil as a grenade, throw it at the cryomancer, get Ja'nus to light it, laugh. :P
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Ravager Zero on January 08, 2013, 04:15:43 am
Out of interest, do we still have that oil we salvaged from the leak?
You do, I just forgot to put it in someone's inventory after the fight.

And damnit!! I just thought of a way we could've potentially saved Ja'nus. :(
Do tell?
Use the oil as a grenade, throw it at the cryomancer, get Ja'nus to light it, laugh. :P
Intriguing
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: InsaneTD on January 08, 2013, 07:08:42 am
Assuming they don't panic from being on fire. You know, fear and all.
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Scout Sergeant Mkoll on January 08, 2013, 01:58:40 pm
And damnit!! I just thought of a way we could've potentially saved Ja'nus. :(
Do tell?
Use the oil as a grenade, throw it at the cryomancer, get Ja'nus to light it, laugh. :P
Intriguing
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: The Man They Call Jayne on January 08, 2013, 02:01:09 pm
Can we expect a nice big post to come up soon? All the RPs seem to have dies out.
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Ravager Zero on January 09, 2013, 04:16:06 am
Can we expect a nice big post to come up soon? All the RPs seem to have dies out.
Yes.
SoonTM. Some still haven't got back to me with combat actions, so I'll just assume default stance/act smart. Then there's talking with Lady Cyven, Kahlan and Kraytor go to Whitecastle I mean, try to save the day (or night, whatever :P), and of course Tybalt's excellent adventure in the palace dungeons
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: InsaneTD on January 09, 2013, 05:33:18 am
I got no idea what is going on there so Tybalt is waiting to see what happens. Of course, if a mutilated body lands next to him,he shall do the manly thing....



.... Run screaming in a manly fashion for guards and throwing up rune flares that draw the attention of mages.
Title: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Narric on January 09, 2013, 07:23:46 am
I'm sure I sent my actions in ages ago. I'll resend the PM if you need me to Rav.
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: InsaneTD on January 09, 2013, 12:38:46 pm
Did you make sure Rav was addressed? I thought I'd replied to a PM when I'd really just send it to myself. :facepalm001:
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Scout Sergeant Mkoll on January 09, 2013, 02:38:59 pm
.... Run screaming in a manly fashion for guards and throwing up rune flares that draw the attention of mages.
How noble of you. :P

Did you make sure Rav was addressed? I thought I'd replied to a PM when I'd really just send it to myself. :facepalm001:
I'm going to file this under epic fail.
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: InsaneTD on January 09, 2013, 03:30:05 pm
.... Run screaming in a manly fashion for guards and throwing up rune flares that draw the attention of mages.
How noble of you. :P

Did you make sure Rav was addressed? I thought I'd replied to a PM when I'd really just send it to myself. :facepalm001:
I'm going to file this under epic fail.
Pfft, I filed it under decafacepalmfail.
Title: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Wargamer on January 09, 2013, 06:28:49 pm
I think people are just generally waiting for the party to be a party again, rather than "two players get the adventure and the rest are left twiddling thumbs."
Title: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Railgun Convention on January 09, 2013, 06:42:22 pm
Party splits are never much fun.
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Scout Sergeant Mkoll on January 09, 2013, 09:16:36 pm
I think people are just generally waiting for the party to be a party again, rather than "two players get the adventure and the rest are left twiddling thumbs."
Well I foresee Oan being busy for a while. Royalty don't tend to like being told that they're being stupid beyond belief. Especially when there's a prophecy/vision for them to point to. :P
Title: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Ravager Zero on January 10, 2013, 04:03:05 am
I'm sure I sent my actions in ages ago. I'll resend the PM if you need me to Rav.
I got yours, and Railgun's. ESO hasn't sent anything in, and neither has Wargamer.

One way or another, I should have a big post up by the end of the weekend.
Title: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Wargamer on January 10, 2013, 03:58:05 pm
I see no reason not to keep doing what I was doing last round; stab, laugh manically when blood appears, use blood to kill things. :P
Title: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Mabbz on January 10, 2013, 04:07:57 pm
Ah, but who will you stab? What part of them? How will you use blood to kill things? How loud will the maniacal laughter be? These are the questions we need to know.
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Scout Sergeant Mkoll on January 10, 2013, 05:31:21 pm
Ah, but who will you stab? What part of them? How will you use blood to kill things? How loud will the maniacal laughter be? These are the questions we need to know.
However as you just pointed out, we already know the questions. What we don't know is the answers to them. ;)
Title: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Ravager Zero on January 11, 2013, 04:49:44 am
I see no reason not to keep doing what I was doing last round; stab, laugh manically when blood appears, use blood to kill things. :P
All well and good.
Except daemons don't have blood.
They have ichor, which has some
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: InsaneTD on January 11, 2013, 05:34:22 am
I see no reason not to keep doing what I was doing last round; stab, laugh manically when blood appears, use blood to kill things. :P
All well and good.
Except daemons don't have blood.
They have ichor, which has some
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Ravager Zero on January 12, 2013, 02:47:34 am
One very large post is now up.
Enjoy. ;)
Title: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Mabbz on January 12, 2013, 09:45:24 am
Marcus just accidentally rocket jump with a hammer?! :o

I hope you don't mind our sudden arrival, but then I doubt the others had been planning to do anything much before we arrived.
Title: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Ravager Zero on January 12, 2013, 10:10:32 am
Marcus just accidentally rocket jump with a hammer?! :o
Technically.
He got a double critical and did over 30 damage in one hit.
The backlash/thunderclap from that is what launched him.

Quote
I hope you don't mind our sudden arrival, but then I doubt the others had been planning to do anything much before we arrived.
It's all good.
Just keep in mind that to cross that distance about 10-15 minutes will have passed since the fight ended. ;)
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Scout Sergeant Mkoll on January 12, 2013, 01:47:17 pm
Right, that's Cyven stood down for now. Next, Emily needs a talking to it seems. :P
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: InsaneTD on January 12, 2013, 02:16:42 pm
I think you'll find her with Magess Black. :P

And don't forget to pick Tybalt up from the Atrium... With a crowbar. :P
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Scout Sergeant Mkoll on January 12, 2013, 02:27:55 pm
I think you'll find her with Magess Black. :P

And don't forget to pick Tybalt up from the Atrium... With a crowbar. :P
Oh that's going to be fun. I'm sure I made a fantastic impression on her so there won't be any problems at all. :P

Umm..yeah, I get the impression us leaving isn't going to be quite that simple. :-\
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: InsaneTD on January 12, 2013, 03:43:24 pm
Mister(?) Escapee from the dungeons?
Title: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Railgun Convention on January 12, 2013, 04:18:10 pm
For Bob's sake, why does everyone I try to heal have to go and get themselves killed? >=[

Actually, that should probably be in context too.
Title: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Mabbz on January 12, 2013, 04:22:10 pm
Out of curiosity, who is the more skilled healer, Kahlan or Alexander?
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Scout Sergeant Mkoll on January 12, 2013, 05:42:10 pm
Mister(?) Escapee from the dungeons?
I'd put money on it, if I had any.
Title: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Railgun Convention on January 12, 2013, 05:44:29 pm
Presumably Khalan, on account of Xan's multiclass into summoning. That and my apparent lack of decent healing rolls.
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: The Man They Call Jayne on January 12, 2013, 06:30:53 pm
I am hoping that my kind of healing with make your kind of healing easier.
Title: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Ravager Zero on January 12, 2013, 08:17:33 pm
Out of curiosity, who is the more skilled healer, Kahlan or Alexander?
Kahlan.
While her mystical ability is slightly lower than Xan's, she has the advantage of having only one canticle, and years of experience with it from her previous employment.

Xan's not that terrible, he just rolls like a muppet. :P
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Scout Sergeant Mkoll on January 31, 2013, 05:39:57 pm
*poke* Anyone still alive in here?
Title: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Mabbz on January 31, 2013, 06:05:55 pm
Me! I am!

I'm waiting to see what the result of my healing is. I'd roll it myself, but since Kraytor is helping me I'm not sure what I'd have to roll.
Title: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Wargamer on January 31, 2013, 06:40:38 pm
I'm just waiting to see what's going on...
Title: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Railgun Convention on January 31, 2013, 08:42:13 pm
Annnnnd we wait. Some more.
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: InsaneTD on February 01, 2013, 01:42:42 am
All of us, just hurrying up and waiting, for a new post, by our favourite GM, the great Ravager Zero.
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Ravager Zero on February 01, 2013, 04:54:42 am
Hmm
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: InsaneTD on February 01, 2013, 05:19:16 am
As long as it isn't the number 3 special. :P
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: The Man They Call Jayne on February 01, 2013, 02:25:10 pm
And no Faeyon special either. That never ends well. :P
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: InsaneTD on February 04, 2013, 02:32:57 am
Since we didn't get a weekend special, does that mean we'll get an after work special this week? :P
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Ravager Zero on February 04, 2013, 04:17:13 am
Since we didn't get a weekend special, does that mean we'll get an after work special this week? :P
The monkey/typewriter interface hit a slight snag over the weekend.
But fear not, the old monkey has been eliminated retired and replaced with one far more amenable to being paid in bananas. :shifty:

EDIT: And enjoy your new revelations. ;)
Title: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Wargamer on February 04, 2013, 01:05:23 pm
I think we need to reunite the party ASAP. It feels like we've gone nowhere for... I don't know how long now, and that's partly because we're divided. :P
Title: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Mabbz on February 04, 2013, 01:07:42 pm
I was under the impression that we are now all back in one place.
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Scout Sergeant Mkoll on February 04, 2013, 01:13:58 pm
I was under the impression that we are now all back in one place.
We are, but I'm departing shortly in search of Miss Black. :P
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: InsaneTD on February 04, 2013, 01:45:53 pm
I think we need to reunite the party ASAP. It feels like we've gone nowhere for... I don't know how long now, and that's partly because we're divided. :P
Biggest part of that feeling is we wait weeks at a time for a story post from Rav.
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: The Man They Call Jayne on February 05, 2013, 12:33:58 pm
How sucessful would Tybalt carving a rune into my flesh be?
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: InsaneTD on February 05, 2013, 12:51:17 pm
Tybalt dossn't know but Tybalt wants to find put.... He has a list that karma has missed/is too scared too go after.... :shifty:
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: The Man They Call Jayne on February 05, 2013, 01:56:14 pm
A Dukator rune carved into my chest might help.

Or maybe just something to make my coat sturdier.
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: InsaneTD on February 09, 2013, 01:42:10 am
I feel like smacking you lot.around.some with a very large trout.
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: The Man They Call Jayne on February 09, 2013, 01:45:49 am
I am the Deadpool of this RP. I am supposed to notice when reality goes squiffy :P
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: InsaneTD on February 09, 2013, 02:23:22 am
How does a forum crash make RP reality squiffy?
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Ravager Zero on February 09, 2013, 06:14:18 am
I am the Deadpool of this RP. I am supposed to notice when reality goes squiffy :P
So you think? :shifty:



Also, would you lot stop poking holes in the fourth wall, it's getting difficult to plaster over. :P
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: InsaneTD on February 09, 2013, 07:00:44 am
I'm not. I'm being a good boy. :P
Title: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Railgun Convention on February 09, 2013, 01:01:53 pm
Oh dear. How did I not see Mabbz's fourth wall holes pun? *fail*
Title: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Mabbz on February 09, 2013, 01:04:44 pm
Well it was mildly more subtle than the others :P
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: The Man They Call Jayne on February 17, 2013, 04:29:53 am
HEY! More RP please! Mush!
Title: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Railgun Convention on February 17, 2013, 04:39:51 am
It'd help if I had any idea what we were doing... The fourth wall puns kinda broke it up.
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: InsaneTD on February 17, 2013, 05:06:56 am
Well Tybalt offered to work on peoples equipment, which so far has been ignored, Jayne is being impatient and has made his Charcter storm off and done something to some free captain, Oan was planning something but I forget what it was now, I'd know if I read back a page, and everyone else is just sitting in Tybalt's workshop like stunned mullets.

I plan for Tybalt to do some work to earn somemore money while he is in the city. He won't take any orders that will take more then a day and only one or two of those.
Title: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Mabbz on February 17, 2013, 09:35:10 am
Kahlan went off to find some people that can help Zothern.
Title: The GED Thread
Post by: Scout Sergeant Mkoll on February 17, 2013, 11:44:52 am
I'm waiting for Rehd to explain why screwing over humanity by killing Cyven's king is a good idea. Then I need to find Chloe Black i think.
Title: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Wargamer on February 17, 2013, 06:40:02 pm
Explanation given. ;)
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: InsaneTD on February 18, 2013, 04:36:21 am
Very seductive line of thought.
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Ravager Zero on February 18, 2013, 10:58:41 am
I should have an update for you guys by mid-week.
Wargamer, well played. ;)
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Scout Sergeant Mkoll on February 19, 2013, 03:17:26 pm
I still require convincing. :P
Title: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Narric on February 19, 2013, 08:26:17 pm
Anyone else realize the RP thread is at the number of beast replies? ;P
Title: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Railgun Convention on February 19, 2013, 09:17:45 pm
Anyone else realize the RP thread is at the number of beast replies? ;P
NOBODY MOVE!
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: InsaneTD on February 20, 2013, 04:35:14 am
Isn't the number of the beast 999, as it is mirrored and upside down normally seen?
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: The Man They Call Jayne on February 20, 2013, 05:36:48 am
Its 616. Translation error gave us 666.
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: InsaneTD on February 20, 2013, 05:42:06 am
Indeed. Silly translaters.

Jayne, did you really have to be mugged?
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: The Man They Call Jayne on February 20, 2013, 06:13:12 am
Yes I did. There was nothing else going on. :P And technically I wasn't mugged.
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Ravager Zero on February 20, 2013, 09:30:09 am
Yes I did. There was nothing else going on. :P And technically I wasn't mugged.
Technically.
Just be aware there might be… repercussions for your actions.  8)
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: The Man They Call Jayne on February 20, 2013, 03:12:28 pm
Good, it will give me something to do. :P
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Ravager Zero on February 21, 2013, 09:07:05 am
Sorry guys, no post tonight.
About 70% done, spent some time restoring truncated posts though.
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Ravager Zero on February 24, 2013, 06:40:59 am
Post is up.
There will be more in the not too distant future, but I didn't want to keep you waiting for too long.

Also, can everyone please re-send their character sheets via PM.
…yes, the forum is still eating things. The character reference post was one, and I can't find an offline back-up for it. :-\
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: InsaneTD on February 24, 2013, 09:39:19 am
Um, shit... Fuck. I can't remember my stats.... Or other stuff. :/ I think my stats might still be in the thread. I'll have a look see.

Side note, why aren't we mentioning that rune to Tybalt?
Title: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Mabbz on February 24, 2013, 09:45:57 am
I think I'll save a copy of my stats in a word document once I've found/remembered them.

Also, I think Emily should have given a more detailed description of her vision with Chloe. It could have been important :shifty:.
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: InsaneTD on February 24, 2013, 09:54:45 am
I'm sure it would of been very interesting to hear. :P


Edit: May be helpful Ravvy darling. http://secondsphere.org/index.php?topic=172.390

Edit duo: Ok, there was two stat cheat sheet posts and the forum has eaten BOTH. :facepalm:
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Ravager Zero on February 24, 2013, 10:31:51 am
I'm sure it would of been very interesting to hear. :P


Edit: May be helpful Ravvy darling. http://secondsphere.org/index.php?topic=172.390

Edit duo: Ok, there was two stat cheat sheet posts and the forum has eaten BOTH. :facepalm:
You were 12/12/4, a Runesmith, and had a fancy clockwork/wheel-lock rifle.

EDIT: I also wonder if I should migrate this story to a another forum… something a little less prone to crashing and having posts eaten.
^Blames FT for everything stated above.
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: InsaneTD on February 24, 2013, 11:22:19 am
I'd be willing to follow. And thanks for updating me. I'll have to get a copy down myself. I know it had mine, did it have anyone elses?
Title: The GED Thread
Post by: Scout Sergeant Mkoll on February 24, 2013, 08:22:25 pm
I think mine were 7, 8 and 14.

In other news, not quite sure why Oan would be embarrassed. He's about 27 and ex army essentially. Girl on girl really isn't going to come as much of a surprise. :P
Title: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Mabbz on February 24, 2013, 10:53:06 pm
He's embarrassed because comedy. Although having him make Emily embarassed would have been fun too.
Title: Re: The GED Thread
Post by: Wargamer on February 24, 2013, 11:15:32 pm
I think mine were 7, 8 and 14.

In other news, not quite sure why Oan would be embarrassed. He's about 27 and ex army essentially. Girl on girl really isn't going to come as much of a surprise. :P
Depending on the cultural specifics, the very idea that lesbian sex could happen might be an idea that comes totally out of left field for him.
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: InsaneTD on February 24, 2013, 11:50:43 pm
The surprise factor probably was part of it too.
Title: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Mabbz on February 25, 2013, 12:01:18 am
And maybe the sudden thoughts of what if she had left the amulet on (I got the impression she took it off, making the amulet falling silent), especially if the vision had came true.
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: The Man They Call Jayne on February 25, 2013, 03:30:08 am
I can't remember my stats. I think my Mystic was 5, mental was 8/9 and physical 10. Unfortunatly all my messages are gone too so I can't see them there.

Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: InsaneTD on February 25, 2013, 04:09:56 am
With all PMs lost, I have yet again, to ask for the list of runes. Maybe I should get you to Email 'em too me Ravvy Darling.
Title: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Ravager Zero on February 25, 2013, 08:35:30 am
And maybe the sudden thoughts of what if she had left the amulet on (I got the impression she took it off, making the amulet falling silent), especially if the vision had came true.
@Oan: This, mostly.
Also, Rule of Funny. :P
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Ravager Zero on March 07, 2013, 09:10:40 am
I am working on a post, hopefully done by the end of the weekend.
Hopefully get something done for E,UD as well if time allows.
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: InsaneTD on March 07, 2013, 10:12:22 am
YAY!!!! UPDATES!!!!!

Squees when updates are up.
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Ravager Zero on March 24, 2013, 05:35:42 am
Three weeks is far too long for you guys to had to have waited, but it's finally up.
Just doesn't feel polished enough though.
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: InsaneTD on March 24, 2013, 08:08:53 am
Did spot a couple spelling mistakes but seems good to me other wise.

You mind if I get you to look over what I write before I post it?
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Ravager Zero on March 24, 2013, 11:02:33 am
Did spot a couple spelling mistakes but seems good to me other wise.
Well, I am my own worst critic most of the time.  :-X

Quote
You mind if I get you to look over what I write before I post it?
Sure thing.
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Scout Sergeant Mkoll on March 25, 2013, 01:52:42 pm
I may, may have just volunteered us for a suicide mission. :P
Title: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Mabbz on March 25, 2013, 03:33:43 pm
I wonder how many people will go with you. Kahlan probably won't without payment.
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: The Man They Call Jayne on March 25, 2013, 06:21:11 pm
I don't do suicide missions. I do "Haha! Now we have you, foolish mag. . . .ARRRRRGGGGHHHHH!!! NO! PLEASE! ALL MY PEICES! GO BACK IN go back in..." kind of missions.
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: InsaneTD on March 26, 2013, 09:46:39 am
I may, may have just volunteered us for a suicide mission. :P
You've only asked if there was something, not said yes to anything.
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Scout Sergeant Mkoll on March 26, 2013, 04:45:44 pm
I wonder how many people will go with you. Kahlan probably won't without payment.
It'll be for Lady Cyven, I think it's fair to say substantial reward would be in order. Depending on the task of course. :P
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Scout Sergeant Mkoll on April 25, 2013, 03:04:19 pm
Apologies for the double post, but where is everyone? :P
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: The Man They Call Jayne on April 25, 2013, 03:07:32 pm
Dead and/or dying I suspect.
Title: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Mabbz on April 25, 2013, 05:15:54 pm
I'm alive, and nothing can kill Kahlan or Dreylan :derp:
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: InsaneTD on April 26, 2013, 12:28:38 am
Think Rav might be waiting on me to make a post on this before updating but I can't seem to string two words together when I go to write. I also think he should update the eastern one first.
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: The Man They Call Jayne on April 30, 2013, 10:08:20 pm
Can we just work around any issue and do something with this?
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: InsaneTD on April 30, 2013, 10:53:32 pm
Eh, I can make a post here Tybalt hits his thumb and stops day dreaming.
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Ravager Zero on May 04, 2013, 07:19:42 am
Can we just work around any issue and do something with this?
Sure we can.
I just need to think of something suitably dangerous interesting for you lot to actually do.
Title: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Mabbz on May 04, 2013, 09:05:11 am
We could steal an airship... Then have to defend it from a daemonic assault while one of us tries to pilot it through a storm...
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: InsaneTD on May 04, 2013, 09:38:25 am
We could steal an airship... Then have to defend it from a daemonic assault while one of us tries to pilot it through a storm...
/me borrows Marcus' Hammer and knocks Mabbz out with it.

Don't listen to him.
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: The Man They Call Jayne on May 04, 2013, 10:29:04 am
We have an airship waiting for us anyway. I messed with a perfectly good mind to get that for us :P
Title: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Mabbz on May 04, 2013, 11:51:30 am
We could steal an airship... Then have to defend it from a daemonic assault while one of us tries to pilot it through a storm...
/me borrows Marcus' Hammer and knocks Mabbz out with it.

Don't listen to him.
/me mutters in his sleep...
But it'd be badass...

We have an airship waiting for us anyway. I messed with a perfectly good mind to get that for us :P
Theft sounds more fun.
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: The Man They Call Jayne on May 04, 2013, 12:20:16 pm
Technically it IS theft. He didn't WANT to give it to us, I forced him to.
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: InsaneTD on May 04, 2013, 01:07:15 pm
This is NOT going to end well.
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: The Man They Call Jayne on May 04, 2013, 01:56:48 pm
When has it ever ended well :P
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: InsaneTD on May 04, 2013, 02:06:59 pm
How about when we... Our when... The time....  There was the day we met in folly.....

Edit: Larry? :P http://photos-g.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/c0.0.586.586/s320x320/428506_530274523702674_1666119032_n.jpg
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Railgun Convention on May 12, 2013, 10:54:02 pm
Edit: Larry? :P http://photos-g.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/c0.0.586.586/s320x320/428506_530274523702674_1666119032_n.jpg
...I'm not fat.
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: The Man They Call Jayne on May 12, 2013, 11:01:14 pm
Would be cool to see some sketches of our characters. Anyone good at drawing?
Title: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Mabbz on May 12, 2013, 11:06:28 pm
I ponified Kahlan and Oan (started on Marcus too, before getting bored). Does that count?

Incidentally, what's Oan's hair colour? I assumed it was brown but Mkoll said otherwise.
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Ravager Zero on May 13, 2013, 09:47:45 am
I'm sorry it's not much and it's taken so long, but real life just ambushed with these awful things called 'responsibility' and a 'social life'. ;)
Hopefully I can get back into this without too much trouble, even if half the players have buggered off (yes, I blame myself, but we'll keep them as NPCs just in case).
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Scout Sergeant Mkoll on May 13, 2013, 01:19:27 pm
I ponified Kahlan and Oan (started on Marcus too, before getting bored). Does that count?

Incidentally, what's Oan's hair colour? I assumed it was brown but Mkoll said otherwise.
No, that does not count. He said sketches, not blasphemies. And I'm not sure whether I want Oan to have blonde hair (like me) or black (like Mkoll).  :P

Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: The Man They Call Jayne on May 13, 2013, 01:41:01 pm
Im not even sure what the hell just happened to me. Was that good or bad? :P
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: InsaneTD on May 13, 2013, 05:04:46 pm
I think you just found Jayne.
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: The Man They Call Jayne on May 13, 2013, 06:20:29 pm
I am Jayne :P
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: InsaneTD on May 14, 2013, 03:29:56 am
That you are.
Title: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Wargamer on May 16, 2013, 10:08:09 am
I'm a little lost as to where people are right now. :P
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: InsaneTD on May 16, 2013, 10:26:56 am
Me and Kraytor are at my shop. Everyone else is out as far as I know. Though I could be wrong.
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Scout Sergeant Mkoll on May 16, 2013, 03:08:15 pm
I'm a little lost as to where people are right now. :P
I'm at the palace/castle with Emily and Lady Cyven, I know that. Khalan and tree-hugger are with Zothern trying to get him healed. Atlas is probably in a pub or in bed nursing a hangover. :P
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: InsaneTD on May 16, 2013, 03:46:08 pm
That just leaves Marcus. Lol joke, he'd be with Kahlan. :P
Title: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Mabbz on May 16, 2013, 06:16:38 pm
That just leaves Marcus. Lol joke, he'd be with Kahlan. :P
He didn't say he was, but he can be there if no-one minds. Kahlan has no objection :shifty:
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Railgun Convention on May 16, 2013, 07:48:52 pm
I'm a little lost as to where people are right now. :P
I'm at the palace/castle with Emily and Lady Cyven, I know that. Khalan and tree-hugger are with Zothern trying to get him healed. Atlas is probably in a pub or in bed nursing a hangover. :P
Khalan and tree-hugger are with Zothern trying to get him healed.
Khalan and tree-hugger
No.jpg
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: InsaneTD on May 17, 2013, 12:08:41 am
I can't remember his name right now either. :P
Title: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Mabbz on May 17, 2013, 07:24:36 am
Alexander, or Xan as I prefer to think of him. It seem Kahlan is more of a people person than Tybalt or Oan.
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: InsaneTD on May 17, 2013, 08:28:45 am
Tybalt is, I'm terrible with names sometimes. Swear if forget my girlfriend's if I didn't see it on Facebook everyday. :P
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Ravager Zero on June 09, 2013, 12:36:22 pm
Small update is up. :)
Best I can do right now.

I feel terrible for not putting more effort into this.
Title: Enter The Darkness: Sign up thread
Post by: Scout Sergeant Mkoll on June 09, 2013, 01:17:03 pm
As well you should. Oan's had nothing to do for 2 updates. :P

Just kidding Rav, I've started work myself, I know what it's like.
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Ravager Zero on July 06, 2013, 05:14:20 am
I give you update. :D

Just a small one, much talking. But it should move the plot forward once more.
I'm also thinking I might be able to produce smaller updates more often, just concentrating on the actions of one character at a time.
Title: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Mabbz on July 06, 2013, 08:24:36 am
Small updates seem fine to me. Means we don't have to wait for other people to do interesting things. Of course life will be simpler when the party gets back together.
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: The Man They Call Jayne on July 06, 2013, 04:43:19 pm
Small works for me too. Be nice to get this rolling again.
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: InsaneTD on July 08, 2013, 03:50:48 am
Indeed.
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Scout Sergeant Mkoll on July 08, 2013, 10:05:43 am
"It seem Kahlan is more of a people person than Tybalt or Oan." If that's the case, why is Oan usually the diplomat? :P

Small updates will be fine. Means people can get involved more regularly etc. :) Speaking of which, I'm going to post my reply.
Title: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Wargamer on July 08, 2013, 10:10:11 am
I think we were divided far too long... I've spent so long waiting for the party to be reunited I don't remember what we were doing now.
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Scout Sergeant Mkoll on July 08, 2013, 10:13:58 am
I've been trying to prevent a war you seem desperate to start, Kraytor's trying to make shadowblades, Tybalt's smithing, Khalan and Xan have been trying to help Zothern, Atlas is probably drunk or hungover somewhere and you've currently found a pet. :P
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: The Man They Call Jayne on July 08, 2013, 10:52:02 am
I failed in making shadowblades, so I have stopped and am eating some ham I think.
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Scout Sergeant Mkoll on July 15, 2013, 03:33:14 pm
Am I the only one who finds it genuinely upsetting how many of the posts for this are missing or incomplete? So much time and effort and some great writing, all gone. :(
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: The Man They Call Jayne on July 15, 2013, 04:22:41 pm
I am. I tried to read it last night and I couldn't. The annoying thing is is that it seems to be Ravs posts that are mostly gone, and they are where most of the action is. And SOMEHOW, the crashes seemed to target the Fight Scenes specifically!
Title: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Railgun Convention on July 15, 2013, 04:25:22 pm
In case of crashes, we should save everything everyone's written to word files, etc. Just to be sure.
Title: Enter The Darkness: Sign up thread
Post by: Scout Sergeant Mkoll on July 15, 2013, 07:19:28 pm
We should. I know Rav has some of the missing stuff, and we can try to patch what's missing. I'm going to keep everything backed up once I get internet back.
Title: Re: Enter The Darkness: Sign up thread
Post by: Ravager Zero on July 16, 2013, 06:08:37 am
We should. I know Rav has some of the missing stuff, and we can try to patch what's missing. I'm going to keep everything backed up once I get internet back.
I have every single fight scene.
[/cue action montage]

I also have everything I've posted from when the party left Darrow, and a few things from before.
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Scout Sergeant Mkoll on July 16, 2013, 09:56:40 am
Quote
I have every single fight scene.
[/cue action montage]

I also have everything I've posted from when the party left Darrow, and a few things from before.
Excellent. That's very welcome news. :D
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: The Man They Call Jayne on July 16, 2013, 02:40:42 pm
Well when we get on the airship, The party can regale Kraytor, and our captain, of our previous adventures :)
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Ravager Zero on July 17, 2013, 07:03:18 am
A little post, but trying to do them faster now.



And this…
Am I the only one who finds it genuinely upsetting how many of the posts for this are missing or incomplete? So much time and effort and some great writing, all gone. :(
You are not the only one.
After the first crash I was kinda crushed by how much we'd lost. Then the second crash did away with most of the archived posts which had me nearly tearing my hair out. Slow as the updates may be, this RP is my baby, and I hate to see it hurt.
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Scout Sergeant Mkoll on July 17, 2013, 01:38:16 pm
Ok, so going from that post, we're going to need awesome weapons, better armour, so kick-ass upgrades and probably serious reinforcements. :P But I did like the way you had Oan handle that Rav. :)
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: InsaneTD on July 17, 2013, 02:45:34 pm
"Then the solution is simple, we kill them first."
I love that line. :P
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: The Man They Call Jayne on July 17, 2013, 07:18:38 pm
Hmmm, I wonder I can get more power. Maybe I just need to develop new spells or something. If my power is drawn from both life and death, maybe some interesting effects can come of it.
Title: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Mabbz on July 17, 2013, 07:37:36 pm
I need more combat training. At the risk of causing deja vu, anyone up for a sparring match?
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: The Man They Call Jayne on July 17, 2013, 09:48:42 pm
You can try me. I havnt really tested Kraytor in combat yet.
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Ravager Zero on July 19, 2013, 07:59:23 am
More than just a little sparring there.
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: InsaneTD on July 19, 2013, 08:46:22 am
My reaction upon reading that update. :P (http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m4aih17JH21r0vz2ko2_250.gif)
Title: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Mabbz on July 19, 2013, 09:29:46 am
Well, that was quite awesome. I appear to have gained the ability to use mysticism, and I'm using it to be a Jedi. Nice. Can you post up the list of canticles again? They were lost and I've forgotten what school mysticism is in.

Hey, it just occurred to me that Galithir might have been able to Jedi mind trick people with illusionism. It would appear that force is strong with their family :D.

Oh, I don't think I've mentioned it before, but Kahlan does have a surname. The reason she hasn't mentioned it is because she doesn't like being called Miss Pleasant. Galithir avoided using it too.
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Ravager Zero on July 19, 2013, 10:13:53 am
My reaction upon reading that update. :P (http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m4aih17JH21r0vz2ko2_250.gif)
Excellent use of my second favourite show.

Well, that was quite awesome. I appear to have gained the ability to use mysticism, and I'm using it to be a Jedi. Nice. Can you post up the list of canticles again? They were lost and I've forgotten what school mysticism is in.
Mysticism is under Deaze. It's also just a generic term I use for people's understanding of magick.

Quote
Hey, it just occurred to me that Galithir might have been able to Jedi mind trick people with illusionism. It would appear that force is strong with their family :D.
Yes, he could have.
And no. You have the wrong Disney franchise. :P

Quote
Oh, I don't think I've mentioned it before, but Kahlan does have a surname. The reason she hasn't mentioned it is because she doesn't like being called Miss Pleasant. Galithir avoided using it too.
You have not.
Now that you do, it becomes hilarious. ;)



Magic draws from Essence, a 'wind' of magic that exists in another plane, forms Skeins, can be drawn from and/or manipulated in its raw form. Can be Enmeshed into real materials, altering their properties.

Gods & Canticles of Magick

Kyron
Chaosigan = Destructive magicks
Seer = Precognition, Negative 'status' magicks

Skol - North Replaces Kyron
Cryomancer = control of ice, cold air, etc
Wilder = transformation into arcane or mundane beasts

Deaze
Shaman = Beast & Nature control (Water, Wind, Sky – Lightning; Wardances and Chants)
Mystic = Studies the heart of magic and can dispel

Jin - East Replaces Deaze
Moonsinger = healing/charming through song. Can turn ethereal when enough moon shows
Terramancer = reading the skeins, what moves them and why

Nyrvan - North Replaces Deaze
Technomancer = control over technology
Artificer = magick through creation, controls constructs of a technological nature

Rai-Tane
Pyromancer = Fire magicks
Geomancer = Earth magicks

Shaya
Illusionist = Deception and Mind magicks
Healer = Magicks of the body and soul, 'status buffs'

Eryje - East Replaces Shaya
Fulgromancer = storm magicks, initimidation
Wardancer = magick through combat, enhanced physical abilities

Morrde
Necromancer = Magicks of Undeath and Unnatural Things, spells of blood and bone
Summoner = Call upon creatures of Essence, Daemons, or Sprites, spells of Binding

Colours of Magick

White = Drawn from Life
Black = Drawn from Death
Red = Drawn from Blood
Blue = Drawn from Soul

Runic Tables

Destruction = Direct damage, physical & elemental; eg: Karazin (blast rune), Kazima (rune of gales)
Protection = Reduces damage, counters magicks, some healing, eg: Istselya (heal injuries), Vodyat (shield rune)
Alteration = Transmutes things, "status magic"; eg: Birkal (rune of growing wood), Eximus (banishing rune)
Binding = Stops things, holds souls, entraps power/Essence; eg: Kiisari (rune of chains), Clavit (lock rune)
Cornerstones = Legendary powers; eg: Cendius (rune of undying fire)
Runes of Creation = The first runes; eg: Usumbaji [think Enuncia from Ravenor]
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Mabbz on July 19, 2013, 10:32:04 am
Hmm... As I recall, it's only possible to learn canticles from adjacent schools, so Kahlan isn't using true Mysticism. She just has a decent level of skill and understanding of how magick works. Pity, I quite like the idea of being a healer/mystic/rogue. Ah well, at least I get to play tennis with magick :).

Oh, I don't think I've mentioned it before, but Kahlan does have a surname. The reason she hasn't mentioned it is because she doesn't like being called Miss Pleasant. Galithir avoided using it too.
You have not.
Now that you do, it becomes hilarious. ;)
I actually came up with that around the same time I made Kahlan. I got bored of waiting for the right moment to mention it.
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Scout Sergeant Mkoll on July 19, 2013, 02:13:33 pm
Bloody mages get all the fun abilities. :P

Ah well, I have a plan for the ultimate boss fight already. Assuming Oan survives that long that is.

EDIT: Mabbz, you're in a smith's workshop and you're asking if there's any hammers about? Really? :P
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: The Man They Call Jayne on July 19, 2013, 02:58:01 pm
I decided to skip the hammers :P

Well we have an excellent, if non lethal fight post again. Wooo!

Because of how the canticles are  balanced up there, I have a tricky time working out exactly what I am able to do with Kraytor. He doesn't technically fit, not like Ja'nus did. Ja'nus was simple, fire, earth, magma. Nice.

Coming up with the more exotic abilities Kraytor might have is somewhat more complex. And using some of his powers might risk harming the party at the same time and the bigger attacks tend to draw on the life energy around him.
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Ravager Zero on July 19, 2013, 03:13:07 pm
Bloody mages get all the fun abilities. :P
Being practically invisible in the woods, and trusted in any city doesn't do it for you?
Not all awesome abilities are combat related. ;)

Quote
Ah well, I have a plan for the ultimate boss fight already. Assuming Oan survives that long that is.
Prepares ton of bricks
:shifty: you saw nothing.

I decided to skip the hammers :P
Today we mark the hundredth anniversary of Kraytor's death. We salute the inventor of the magick hammer. [aka, the nailgun :P]
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: The Man They Call Jayne on July 19, 2013, 03:25:11 pm
See. . .now you make me want to re-write that scene so that I stack all of the planks into the right places then simply launch the nails from the other side of the yard into the wood :P
Title: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Mabbz on July 19, 2013, 05:01:54 pm
If that last post seemed to intellectual for a street healer, then bear in mind that Galithir wouldn't have let his only daughter grow up on the streets. I can put up a full biography if you want, but suffice it to say she had some formal training in magick (among other things) as a child.
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Scout Sergeant Mkoll on July 19, 2013, 08:58:40 pm
Bloody mages get all the fun abilities. :P
Being practically invisible in the woods, and trusted in any city doesn't do it for you?
Not all awesome abilities are combat related. ;)
Trusted in any city you say? I didn't expect that. I thought that'd havea fairly limited range due to the town I'm from being quite small. By comparison anyway.
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: The Man They Call Jayne on July 19, 2013, 09:14:36 pm
Rangers get about, they have a reputation I would assume. They know many customs and all that jazz. Of course, that could be abused by some I suppose.
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Scout Sergeant Mkoll on July 20, 2013, 02:00:54 pm
Abuse you say? As if any of us would ever try to abuse such things. :P
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Ravager Zero on July 29, 2013, 01:21:01 pm
A small update.
Slowly bringing the group back together.
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: InsaneTD on July 29, 2013, 01:50:48 pm
One of the reasons I went out is for my rifle.
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Ravager Zero on July 29, 2013, 01:53:25 pm
One of the reasons I went out is for my rifle.
I thought I'd forgotten something.
Or possibly assumed you still had it.  ::)
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: InsaneTD on July 29, 2013, 02:21:38 pm
It's still at the Gunsmith from memory. Think I was supposed to pick it up like three days ago in game. :P
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: The Man They Call Jayne on July 29, 2013, 02:31:04 pm
Why do I get the feeling we are going to be running into Rai-Taine again soon? Or rather, he will come to us.

I wonder how Kraytor will react to the god who allowed his nephew to die?
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Scout Sergeant Mkoll on July 31, 2013, 02:53:15 pm
Well we do still have his Eye do we not? :P

Also, I should probably stop plotting tricks in combat and retorts etc. :P
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: The Man They Call Jayne on July 31, 2013, 03:42:47 pm
Plots and tricks have their place :P
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Mabbz on July 31, 2013, 04:26:49 pm
Well we do still have his Eye do we not? :P

Also, I should probably stop plotting tricks in combat and retorts etc. :P
Correction. You should stop plotting them secretly. If you have a plan, let us know in advance so that together we can make it better.
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: The Man They Call Jayne on July 31, 2013, 05:15:42 pm
Also true. We need to be more cohesive in combat situation. Especially if these deamons are getting smart.
Title: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Mabbz on July 31, 2013, 05:39:57 pm
So... I'm trying to remember who we actually have still alive and well. Let me know if I miss anyone or get their skills wrong.

Kahlan (Healer, rogue (I guess))
Marcus (Fighter)
Atlas (Fighter, pistol)
Tybalt (Runesmith, fighter, rifle)
Rehd (Chaosigan, assassin)
Kraytor (Shaman, Chaosigan? I can't really remember)
Alexander (Healer, Summoner, pistol?)
Oan (Ranger)
Emily (Seer, pistols)
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: The Man They Call Jayne on July 31, 2013, 09:51:20 pm
Kraytor is a Chaosigan and a Shaman yes.
Title: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Mabbz on July 31, 2013, 10:29:30 pm
Thought so, I just blanked. We have quite a lot of people.

So, I'm thinking in future battles Kahlan, Xan and Emily can stay back providing support, Atlas and Marcus should deal with most melee fighting, Oan and Tybalt can join either of those groups as the situation demands, Rehd can outflank and assassinate people and Kraytor could probably do any of the above, although I'm thinking support with magic would be the best idea. Hard to say until I've seen him in a real battle.
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: The Man They Call Jayne on July 31, 2013, 11:27:10 pm
Mkoll and I had a discussion on this a while back. Back field was Tybalt, Xan and Emily. The rifle has good range, and runes work ad good distances it seems, and if Emily happens to See at all, she can give direction, Xans pistols can provide additional support.

Mid field was Kahlan so she can move around healing people and Oan so he can arrow people in the face. Rhed could work off by starting here and moving quickly into the target, or he could outflank.

Front line was Atlas and Marcus and Zothern because they have the best primary CC skills.

Kraytor is a tricky one. He can use immensly powerful destructive magicks with high fall out, or he can boost the stamina of the group as a whole and provide more essence for the other mages to use. His CC skills are powerful, but as the sparring session showed, not skilled. IF he managed to hit the target with his fists, high damage will be done, but the odds of hitting are low.

He can draw power from the blood that flows from the enemies we harm, or he can draw it from the life energy around him. That means the grass, the trees, the people, anything.
Title: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Scout Sergeant Mkoll on August 01, 2013, 09:23:31 pm
Am I the only one who thinks that outlining our strategies where the evil git lovely and benevolent GM can see them is tantamount to suicide? :P
Title: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Mabbz on August 01, 2013, 09:36:06 pm
Only big, important strategies like the oneyou said you had for the ultimate boss fight. Maybe you could discuss that with the rest of us via PM? We could have a whole in-character discussion, and then reveal it to Rav after we've kicked the final boss' ass.
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: The Man They Call Jayne on August 02, 2013, 12:13:56 am
It would be suicide, if that was what we actually DID :P
Title: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Ravager Zero on August 02, 2013, 10:37:52 am
Am I the only one who thinks that outlining our strategies where the evil git lovely and benevolent GM can see them is tantamount to suicide? :P
No comment… (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/TemptingFate)

It would be suicide, if that was what we actually DID :P
What you plan, and what actually happens ain't ever exactly been similar. ;)
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: The Man They Call Jayne on August 02, 2013, 11:03:07 am
I just excitable as to choice is all, like to keep my options open :P
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: InsaneTD on August 02, 2013, 12:39:36 pm
Sure would be nice if we had some explosive rocks right about now....
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: The Man They Call Jayne on August 02, 2013, 04:29:01 pm
Oan didn't want 'em.
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Scout Sergeant Mkoll on August 02, 2013, 10:10:26 pm
And I mean it. :P

Anyway, am I ever going to find out who Rehd's tag along is? :P
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: The Man They Call Jayne on August 02, 2013, 10:30:51 pm
Probably not. Adds to the intrigue :P
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Ravager Zero on August 03, 2013, 04:20:40 am
Alrighty then, lets get you lot back together. Well, sort of. ;)
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: InsaneTD on August 03, 2013, 02:23:51 pm
Ain't no fucker touching my rifle for purposes of tinkering.
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Ravager Zero on August 14, 2013, 03:05:01 am
I know it's not up to my usual standard, but you guys do need to know how this guy fights, so, have some posting. ;)
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: InsaneTD on August 14, 2013, 10:10:29 am
Shit... someone heal Marcus? Half health. ouch
Title: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Mabbz on August 14, 2013, 11:55:47 am
I'll edit my post. I can't remember how the rolls go for healing amounts, though, so I haven't rolled yet.
Title: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Ravager Zero on August 14, 2013, 01:57:00 pm
I'll edit my post. I can't remember how the rolls go for healing amounts, though, so I haven't rolled yet.
They go thusly.

Roll 2D20.
Compare the first to your Mystical stat. If the roll is equal or higher, your spell worked.
The second D20 determines the effectiveness of your healing.
1: 1 HP
2-5: D4 HP
6-10: D6 HP
11-15: D8 HP
16-19: D12 HP
20: D20 HP

If your first roll was at least 5 points higher than your Mystical stat, roll 2DX on the above chart, taking the highest roll for healing amount.
Title: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Railgun Convention on August 14, 2013, 02:05:55 pm
So if Mystical is 8, a 9 is a pass, and a 13 is a good pass. Righto.
Title: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Ravager Zero on August 14, 2013, 02:09:31 pm
So if Mystical is 8, a 9 is a pass, and a 13 is a good pass. Righto.
8 would be a pass as well.
It should have read equal or higher. I've edited it to that effect.
Title: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Railgun Convention on August 14, 2013, 02:19:14 pm
Hmm. I have excess healing power. Would it be possible to transfer it to Marcus or boost Khalan's rolls, by any chance?
Title: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Mabbz on August 14, 2013, 02:39:32 pm
The first attempt was interesting. Nat 1 followed by nat 20. I figured that was a failure that went very well, so I made a second attempt. I hope that's alright.
Title: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Ravager Zero on August 14, 2013, 10:14:57 pm
The first attempt was interesting. Nat 1 followed by nat 20. I figured that was a failure that went very well, so I made a second attempt. I hope that's alright.
That's fine.
A Nat 1 is normally a critical fail, while a Nat 20 is normally a critical success.
I usually rule a 1/20 or a 20/1 as being a pass on the roll, but only just. (ie, the 1 and 20 cancel out each other's effects.)
Title: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Narric on August 16, 2013, 10:24:43 pm
I'ma just casualy slot myself back into this :shifty:

Hopefully my post hasn't ruined too much story ^_^;; I've put it down to too much drinking, and potential drugged drinks :P

I'm going to have to find my character sheet for Atlas now :P
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: The Man They Call Jayne on August 16, 2013, 10:58:49 pm
No it isn't. . . .
Title: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Narric on August 16, 2013, 11:01:34 pm
Wrong OOC thread Jayne :P



Found my sheet for Atlas. Re-uploaded to DA for easier access: http://sta.sh/0aq4p2hfey3

How shall I find out how much gold I have?
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Scout Sergeant Mkoll on August 21, 2013, 01:44:33 pm
I can't remember what rune I was after on Oan's sword and the crash seems to have eaten that post. :-\
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: InsaneTD on August 21, 2013, 03:40:33 pm
Anti-daemon. I can't remember the name. Needed lots of expensive and rare stuff.  Like star metal that fell during a full moon,etc.
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Scout Sergeant Mkoll on August 21, 2013, 03:50:47 pm
Ah yes. That would be very useful. That combined with the fact that I'm blessed by a goddess should be very handy. :P
Title: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Narric on August 21, 2013, 04:14:05 pm
I realized the other day, that if Atlas got as drunk as I've implied, then he would have no gold to his name, as he'd probably would've spent it all. :P

I'm feeling kinda awkward, as this RP was having a fair number of new posts before I came along :P This always seems to happen XD
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: InsaneTD on August 22, 2013, 12:47:47 am
Need to keep better watch. :P
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Ravager Zero on August 25, 2013, 07:48:38 am
Hopefully I'll have a big decently sized update up by the end of tomorrow.
There'll be a small time-skip as the airship isn't supposed to depart for three days (nobody thought to ask the captain of the schedule), so everyone will be back at full health and stocked on weapons, ammo, supplies, etc. Reasonable upgrades in gear are allowed, just tell me what you want, and I'll add it to your character sheet. You'll also want to prepare for an arctic environment—past the Blackfang Range it gets very cold, very fast. I'll work out everyone's wealth again after stuff has been bought.

Oan won't be able to get the Eximus rune forged on his blade as nowhere in the city are there enough materials to invoke the rune properly. More on this in the RP post. Everyone else will be gathered on the airship, while Zothern will be left with the healers in the city. (Or, if you insist on taking him with you, he can be dragged along in the airship).
Title: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Mabbz on August 25, 2013, 08:59:52 am
Hmm... Arctic gear, as in huge fur coats? That'll really screw up my ability to fight. Is there any chance I could get something with a rune of heat to keep me warm instead? I'll also buy a small shovel.
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: InsaneTD on August 25, 2013, 09:54:02 am
Other then Arctic gear, Tybalt should be alright. Though maybe a rune that keeps his armour from icing up?
Title: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Railgun Convention on August 25, 2013, 11:52:04 am
Arctic gear, and a large helping of silver bullets. Maybe I should get a silver knife or something as well.

Of course, failing that, nothing kicks a demon's ass like a good solid iron frying pan :P
Title: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Ravager Zero on August 25, 2013, 01:46:18 pm
Hmm... Arctic gear, as in huge fur coats? That'll really screw up my ability to fight. Is there any chance I could get something with a rune of heat to keep me warm instead? I'll also buy a small shovel.
You could get Runic gear, but it's pricey.

You could simply get fur lined clothing, and/or a heavy cloak. You don't—and probably won't—wear all of it when you fight anyway.

Other then Arctic gear, Tybalt should be alright. Though maybe a rune that keeps his armour from icing up?
A possibility, certainly.
There's also quilting/fur linings, and Enmeshed materials.

Arctic gear, and a large helping of silver bullets. Maybe I should get a silver knife or something as well.
Silver hurts daemons more than lead or steel, but not be a huge amount. Silver is also not the best metal to make combat ready weapons out of (as a base, but as a coating it's fine).
I may just let you try and stab them with the good silverware though. :P

Quote
Of course, failing that, nothing kicks a demon's ass like a good solid iron frying pan :P
No skillets.  ;)
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: InsaneTD on August 25, 2013, 02:14:43 pm
I was more thinking as the joints moved they might get damaged if the armour was iced up.
Title: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Mabbz on August 25, 2013, 03:10:47 pm
Fair enough, I'll take some practical fur lined clothing. Although I am also tempted to buy an extravagant fur coat, the kind Cruella DeVille might wear. Probably not worth it though.
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: The Man They Call Jayne on August 25, 2013, 05:54:59 pm
A fur lined hooded travelling cloak that I can wear over my normal leather jacket will be fine. It won't interfere with my combat abilities in any real way and Kraytor is used to the cold, maybe not to this degree, but he is an outdoorsman.

Will things in Ja'nus' pouch be safe from the cold, or will it affect anything in there too?
Title: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Narric on August 25, 2013, 07:12:42 pm
Can I just say Atlas is perfectly fine in the cold? I can't find the info I made on Dwarfs in this setting ^_^;;
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Ravager Zero on August 25, 2013, 10:35:07 pm
I was more thinking as the joints moved they might get damaged if the armour was iced up.
The only metal armour you're wearing is a breastplate—no joints. ;)

Will things in Ja'nus' pouch be safe from the cold, or will it affect anything in there too?
The pouch is affected by the ambient temperature in the same way as a normal rucksack would be.
As far as I can see on the character sheets I have, there's nothing in the pouch that would be terribly affected by the cold.

Can I just say Atlas is perfectly fine in the cold? I can't find the info I made on Dwarfs in this setting ^_^;;
You can say that.
I have all the info you wrote. There's nothing mentioned either way about Dwarves being resistant or vulnerable to the cold. At best, with Atlas's much stockier build, he'll be less affected by it than the others, but he'll still be affected to some degree.
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: The Man They Call Jayne on August 25, 2013, 11:10:48 pm
I think we had some foodstuffs in there. Although the cold will actually benefit them more than harm them. Im really not sure what to do with the staff as it stands. Other than using it as a melee weapon I don't need a magickal loci as I have my tattoos, and the Eye doesn't seem to respond to me in any meaningful way.
Title: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Railgun Convention on August 26, 2013, 12:04:47 am
Wasn't there a temple of Rai-Tane (sp?) in town that had a statue that was plotconveniently missing an eye? Or did everyone else miss that?
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: The Man They Call Jayne on August 26, 2013, 12:31:20 am
I saw it, but I took it as a reminder that Rai-Tane was watching us still. It was not Rai-Tane himself. I think he is in that huge chamber in the north east.
Title: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Ravager Zero on August 26, 2013, 12:32:28 am
Wasn't there a temple of Rai-Tane (sp?) in town that had a statue that was plotconveniently missing an eye? Or did everyone else miss that?
The statue was missing an eye.
Not missing the eye.

Try finding other shrines of Rai-Tane. ;)
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: InsaneTD on August 26, 2013, 12:47:48 am
Tybalt had a full suit of armour when we began. What happened to it?
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Ravager Zero on August 26, 2013, 05:22:32 am
Tybalt had a full suit of armour when we began. What happened to it?
You wanted a full set.
I told you about the practicalities of full plate, and you decided that just carrying around a breastplate was better. Protected all the important squishy bits.

We can always say that it was just part of a set you used while out in the world, and the rest has been at your shop until now.

EDIT: Story post is up.
You will all be enjoying taking a short ride on an airship. ;)
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: InsaneTD on August 26, 2013, 11:04:10 am
It wasn't full plate. It was a plate chest piece, did have vambraces and greaves as well but they weren't plate. Can't remember what they were now.
Title: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Narric on August 30, 2013, 11:51:01 pm
What is the layout of the passenger section of the ship, and what kind of facilities are available?

I'm sruggling to think of what Atlas could be doing, that isn't just sleeping or getting drunk.

Maybe he could be trying to piss of Rehd, or the Shaman dude?
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: InsaneTD on August 31, 2013, 01:29:08 am
I doubt there is a bar on board. :P And if he pisses off Rehd or Kaytor, he might just get a flying lesson. :P
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: The Man They Call Jayne on August 31, 2013, 08:40:07 am
Could be interesting, although I suspect excess use of magick may bring a whole brood of dragons down upon us :P
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Scout Sergeant Mkoll on August 31, 2013, 09:44:05 am
That's not limited to Kraytor and Rehd. :P
Title: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Ravager Zero on August 31, 2013, 11:22:49 am
What is the layout of the passenger section of the ship, and what kind of facilities are available?
Five decks.
Bottom deck off limits. Deck 2-3 cargo & fuel. Deck 4 crew, engineering & passengers. Top deck off limits.
Deck 4 layout is 16 cabins, 8 a side, central corridor. Galley at one end, access ladder to the promenade deck at the other. Aft of the galley is the engineering section, spanning the upper 3 decks and containing the engines. Forward of the access ladder is the pilothouse.
Deck 2 has cargo running down its length, covered in netting. Fuel fore and aft. Deck 2 has fuel/transported liquid at the sides and cargo down the centre again. Stairs at each end and a rope lift/dumb waiter aft of centre.

Quote
I'm sruggling to think of what Atlas could be doing, that isn't just sleeping or getting drunk.
Enjoying the view?
Polishing weapons?
Annoying the manling crew?

Quote
Maybe he could be trying to piss of Rehd, or the Shaman dude?
This vv
I doubt there is a bar on board. :P And if he pisses off Rehd or Kaytor, he might just get a flying lesson. :P

Could be interesting, although I suspect excess use of magick may bring a whole brood of dragons down upon us :P
:shifty:

That's not limited to Kraytor and Rehd. :P
A new sport—Dwarf Tossing! :P
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: The Man They Call Jayne on August 31, 2013, 01:13:27 pm
Nobody tosses a dwarf!
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: InsaneTD on August 31, 2013, 01:54:40 pm
Might throw him around though. :P
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Ravager Zero on November 07, 2013, 01:09:32 am
I know I'm terribly slow at updating this these days, but for those still following it, a new post is up.
(I've had a lot of shit to deal with in my private life recently, and it's left me with little to dedicate to online endeavours)
Title: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Mabbz on November 07, 2013, 08:27:56 am
Rav! You're back! And you've kidnapped Kraytor! And set three dragons on us!

I'm getting mixed messages here :P. I can't decide if you're being nice or not.

... Oh who am I kidding. The moment dragons arrived, a fight was pretty much inevitable.



Out of interest, do parachutes exist in this setting? And do I need to make any rolls to climb that ladder?
Title: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Narric on November 07, 2013, 08:31:03 am
Its obvious we're in a love hate relationship with with Rav :P He loves us for being a apart of this world he has created, but he hates us because to continue means more work for him, so he's going to try and kill us off much harder than before. Dragons are probably nothing compared to what is ahead of us. I mean c'mon, there is now a Tomb that'll kill you instantly if you so much as touch it :P

I'm going to avoid wasting my bolts on the dragon, and focus on keeping them of the Airship. Not going to cut their hides, so I'll just use some blunt force on them ^_^
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: InsaneTD on November 07, 2013, 09:08:59 am
Yeah,  Rav hasn't called for TRR, so let's try talking our way out eh guys? I don't feel like falling over a 1000ft without a chute. Especially since I'm wearing plate armour.
Title: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Railgun Convention on November 07, 2013, 09:09:53 am
So, if I were to attempt to address one by name, how infinitesimally small are the chances I'd get it right?
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: InsaneTD on November 07, 2013, 09:28:17 am
You'd need the name of both sire and dame, as well as territory name if I read that right.
Title: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Mabbz on November 07, 2013, 09:30:14 am
Slim. Stick with long, descriptive titles and a lot of flattery. In fact, if I can get off this ladder I'll do it myself. I can use it to reveal a bit more of Kahlan's background.
Title: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Ravager Zero on November 07, 2013, 09:34:04 am
So, if I were to attempt to address one by name, how infinitesimally small are the chances I'd get it right?
Do you have clown shoes?
(or about 0.25%) ;)

Rav! You're back! And you've kidnapped Kraytor! And set three dragons on us!

I'm getting mixed messages here :P. I can't decide if you're being nice or not.
I had to kidnap someone. :P
I'm a DM. What's this "nice" you speak of? :shifty:

Quote
... Oh who am I kidding. The moment dragons arrived, a fight was pretty much inevitable.



Out of interest, do parachutes exist in this setting? And do I need to make any rolls to climb that ladder?
Firstly, maybe not, if you lot are smart about it.

Secondly: No, and only if you want to make it up exceedingly quickly.

Its obvious we're in a love hate relationship with with Rav :P He loves us for being a apart of this world he has created, but he hates us because to continue means more work for him, so he's going to try and kill us off much harder than before. Dragons are probably nothing compared to what is ahead of us. I mean c'mon, there is now a Tomb that'll kill you instantly if you so much as touch it :P

I'm going to avoid wasting my bolts on the dragon, and focus on keeping them of the Airship. Not going to cut their hides, so I'll just use some blunt force on them ^_^
Well, all Askar said was not to touch it.
I'll let you all draw your own conclusions as to what might terrify a freaking dragon.

Yeah,  Rav hasn't called for TRR, so let's try talking our way out eh guys? I don't feel like falling over a 1000ft without a chute. Especially since I'm wearing plate armour.
Indeed I haven't. There are reasons, as stated above.
Also because having you all get eaten would be too easy. I have to give you lot of doomed[/i] misinformed adventurers a Hope Spot (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/HopeSpot).  :shifty:
Title: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Mabbz on November 07, 2013, 10:00:52 am
Let's see how this goes. Oh, as for the elocution lessons, here is some more of the backstory of Kahlan Pleasant. Marcus might know these things, but I haven't spoken much to the rest of you about my past.

Following the death of his wife, Galithir wanted revenge on the daemons. But obviously he couldn't take his baby with him, so he gave her to an elderly relative. Great aunt Helena was a bit senile. She used to be very wealthy, and had an aristocratic upbringing. She refused to let her standards fall, despite being the only member of her family still alive. As such, Kahlan was given a similar upbringing which included a number of formal lessons in etiquette, elocution, medicine (after she discovered her talent for healing) and ballroom dancing.

Kahlan was 9 when she died of some illness. It turned out she owed a lot of money for various things, so Kahlan found herself on the streets. She started out by stealing food, and it all sort of escalated from there as she fell in with street gangs, learned to fight and some other things and eventually became the healer she is today.
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: InsaneTD on November 07, 2013, 10:08:29 am
Here's a question, is the couple ton of dragon screwing with the ships ballast?
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Ravager Zero on November 07, 2013, 10:13:58 am
Here's a question, is the couple ton of dragon screwing with the ships ballast?
No. Because three of them are flying, and the one on the ship is roughly over its centre of mass right now.
Title: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Mabbz on November 08, 2013, 07:57:46 pm
Rav, regarding your updates. You tend to write very long and well written story posts, and I will never complain about them. But you usually write both sides of the conversation. May I suggest just doing one side, and letting us do our own dialogue? It would make your updates considerably shorter (possibly only a few lines), allowing you to write them faster and fit them into your schedule better, meaning you could update more often. It would also let us do what we came here to do: roleplay.

Don't get me wrong, I love this RP, and I've never had a problem with the way you wrote my characters, but I think my idea might help.
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: The Man They Call Jayne on November 08, 2013, 08:07:56 pm
It might make it faster, but what we say might not fit in with where we need to go or what we need to actually accomplish at that time, thus derailing and making Rav have to spend more time getting us back on the right course.
Title: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Ravager Zero on November 08, 2013, 10:26:21 pm
Rav, regarding your updates. You tend to write very long and well written story posts, and I will never complain about them. But you usually write both sides of the conversation. May I suggest just doing one side, and letting us do our own dialogue? It would make your updates considerably shorter (possibly only a few lines), allowing you to write them faster and fit them into your schedule better, meaning you could update more often. It would also let us do what we came here to do: roleplay.

Don't get me wrong, I love this RP, and I've never had a problem with the way you wrote my characters, but I think my idea might help.
You have a good point there Mabbz, it's just that I tend to like writing larger stories than smaller fragments, and maybe I'm a bit selfish about it if I'm perfectly honest—I think of this story as "my" story, when I know in reality it belongs more to you, the players.

It might make it faster, but what we say might not fit in with where we need to go or what we need to actually accomplish at that time, thus derailing and making Rav have to spend more time getting us back on the right course.
You assume you were on the right course in the first place. :P
Title: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Narric on November 08, 2013, 10:29:32 pm
Dammit, I knew we got on the wrong airship. The other clearly said "Sayf Est Weiy" whilst this one said "Drarh Gongs Dihn Air" gosh, how could we be so foolish.....
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: InsaneTD on November 08, 2013, 11:37:20 pm
Since they don't like dwarves, maybe we should throw our overboard? :P
Title: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Mabbz on November 09, 2013, 01:02:53 am
Since they don't like dwarves, maybe we should throw our overboard? :P
I haven't seen anything to suggest that they especially dislike dwarves. Of course, if they take a disliking to Atlas (which would be understandable), then we could try that plan.

Rav, regarding your updates. You tend to write very long and well written story posts, and I will never complain about them. But you usually write both sides of the conversation. May I suggest just doing one side, and letting us do our own dialogue? It would make your updates considerably shorter (possibly only a few lines), allowing you to write them faster and fit them into your schedule better, meaning you could update more often. It would also let us do what we came here to do: roleplay.

Don't get me wrong, I love this RP, and I've never had a problem with the way you wrote my characters, but I think my idea might help.
You have a good point there Mabbz, it's just that I tend to like writing larger stories than smaller fragments, and maybe I'm a bit selfish about it if I'm perfectly honest—I think of this story as "my" story, when I know in reality it belongs more to you, the players.
Ah, see I'm a more lazy GM than you ;). I can get your reasoning; the question of who owns the story is a tricky one. I personally agree that it is your story, as long as the characters are ours. You've never taken it to the point that I feel railroaded or anything, so I'm happy. I just like writing dialogue for Kahlan. Maybe I should flirt with Marcus more.
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Ravager Zero on December 13, 2013, 04:36:32 am
New story post is up.
It's only a small, one, sorry. I feel like I'm losing my touch… but you kind of did successfully avoid getting eaten by dirty great lizards. :shifty:

EDIT:

Just because I can

(http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f42/Ravager72/ETD/ETDMapBeautified.png~original)
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: InsaneTD on December 13, 2013, 01:37:06 pm
Where is ore final destination of that map?
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Ravager Zero on December 13, 2013, 08:16:26 pm
Where is ore final destination of that map?
Somewhere near Vidan.
Title: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Narric on December 13, 2013, 10:56:21 pm
Should I create some Merc characters for us to hire? Maybe a group looking for a descent fight to kill or die in? :P

Mkolls post just makes me think it would be an interesting thing to add XD
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Ravager Zero on December 13, 2013, 11:13:27 pm
Should I create some Merc characters for us to hire? Maybe a group looking for a descent fight to kill or die in? :P

Mkolls post just makes me think it would be an interesting thing to add XD
You could.
Actually managing to get them in the party would be a different story. (and may alter the difficulty/complexity of future fights). ;)
Title: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Narric on December 13, 2013, 11:19:33 pm
Maybe they're smiten with Kahlan, and insist on following us until they die (which'll be fairly quickly I think :P)

Or perhaps they're just cheap and don't do much good XD
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Scout Sergeant Mkoll on December 13, 2013, 11:25:59 pm
I was personally thinking additional manpower would be quite difficult given the rumoured regularity of daemon attacks this far north but information, supplies and maybe even weapons/armour may be obtainable. Providing we can be persuasive enough and certain party members behave. :P
Title: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Mabbz on December 13, 2013, 11:56:47 pm
How about we going with the idea that everyone not in the party (Marcus as the exception) is automatically smitten with Kahlan?

Actually... is there a rune that could do that? Auto charm anyone she meets? I'm not actually think of her, but I do have a backup character that it'd be perfect for.
Title: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Ravager Zero on December 14, 2013, 02:15:42 am
How about we going with the idea that everyone not in the party (Marcus as the exception) is automatically smitten with Kahlan?
You do realise that female warriors/mages will quite common in Hygar…

Quote
Actually... is there a rune that could do that? Auto charm anyone she meets? I'm not actually think of her, but I do have a backup character that it'd be perfect for.
There is a rune that makes you more likeable, but it won't make everyone that sees you fall for you.
People will just think you're a nice person—even if you wind up beating someone with their own boots. Everyone else will still think you're fairly nice, and that you have a good reason for doing whatever it is you're doing.

It isn't an easy rune to forge, and isn't exactly common either, but it does exist.
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: InsaneTD on December 14, 2013, 04:22:10 am
No.


I take it there is a counter rune. That is more common merely cause innkeepers, store owners and Lords and Ladies don't like being on the receiving end?
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Ravager Zero on December 14, 2013, 06:04:59 am
No.


I take it there is a counter rune. That is more common merely cause innkeepers, store owners and Lords and Ladies don't like being on the receiving end?
There is.
Also, most things that detect/drain magick do the same to runes of that nature, meaning they're kind of hard to hide. And of course if everyone seems to like someone for no easily explained reason then questions get asked and rumours get started…
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: InsaneTD on December 14, 2013, 06:08:37 am
Good to know.

Before anyone asks, Tybalt will do one...


... he'll work the price out as if for somebody off the street and add a 200% Mark up on top. And that's discounted. He doesn't like this rune.
Title: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Mabbz on December 14, 2013, 08:17:36 am
How about we going with the idea that everyone not in the party (Marcus as the exception) is automatically smitten with Kahlan?
You do realise that female warriors/mages will quite common in Hygar…
I see no issue with this  :shifty:

Quote
There is a rune that makes you more likeable, but it won't make everyone that sees you fall for you.
People will just think you're a nice person—even if you wind up beating someone with their own boots. Everyone else will still think you're fairly nice, and that you have a good reason for doing whatever it is you're doing.

It isn't an easy rune to forge, and isn't exactly common either, but it does exist.
So, hard to forge, easy to counter, might make people suspicious, Tybalt won't like it, and Kahlan wouldn't approve either. Still, interesting...
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: InsaneTD on December 14, 2013, 08:28:23 am
Strikes me as something the general public wouldn't actually know about, but something the upper class would use. Say Mayors of decent size towns, landed lords. Kings wouldn't generally want it and would have their court covered by a mana draining rune.

Of course, the criminal underworld would know about this with con artists working their entire careers trying to get one, and the big boss crime lords, guild leaders, using it to help make them look respectable in society.

Hmm, I have ideas for Tybalt's shop, but not sure it would work. Have to think on this.



Is there a "clear mind" rune? Basic idea is that it covers an area and neutralizes mind affect magicks/runes.
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Ravager Zero on December 14, 2013, 10:18:08 am
Is there a "clear mind" rune? Basic idea is that it covers an area and neutralizes mind affect magicks/runes.
Surprisingly, no.
Runes tend to be quite specific, with specific counter-runes as well.

There is however a Rune of Focus, and you also know of the Rune of Silence. With a specific third rune (which I still have to figure out) you could get something close to the effect you want.
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: InsaneTD on December 14, 2013, 11:00:42 am
I want a shop wide counter to mind/mood effecting runes and magick, without just silencing the area of mana. So I can still have the magick display cases and other protective/security runes working.
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Ravager Zero on December 25, 2013, 05:35:23 am
A little Christmas present (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/OhCrap).
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: InsaneTD on December 25, 2013, 06:22:57 am
Best one I've had all day. XD

I won't silence the area yet, I'm just ready to if this becomes a fight.
Title: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Narric on December 26, 2013, 08:12:01 pm
[spoiler=semi-off topic ramble]Kinda off topic, but it sorta works :P

Check out the monster on the right next to the human:
http://nebezial.deviantart.com/art/i-ve-seen-enough-hentai-to-know-XD-422392840

Then look at the name.

Kraytor, are you sure you remember your nephewe very well :P[/spoiler]

I think I'll keep Atlas at the doorway, with his hand on a blade. No sense crowding the corridor too much.
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: The Man They Call Jayne on December 26, 2013, 08:28:08 pm
He may have changed as he got older. . .
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Ravager Zero on December 27, 2013, 02:33:53 am
A quick aside on the duelling culture in Hygar:

Duels are always matters of honour, and almost always to the death (the northmen value strength above all else). The challenger names the time and place, the challenged party names the weapons (or skills), and decides whether there will be Seconds.

There is no legal penalty for causing a fatality in a duel. However, weregild (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Weregild) must be paid to the appropriate guild/house/council as restitution for the death. As it stands, mistress Anatalya is worth 350 Silvers (29g2s) in weregild. (She's from a noble house, and serves as a skilled an valuable mercenary captain) Kraytor's price in weregild would be reckoned at only 200 Silvers (16g8s), the base price for any mage.

To decline a duel is considered a great dishonour among the inhabitants of Hygar, but is not technically illegal. There is dishonour implied if the challenger is either of much greater rank, or much greater skill than the challenged party. Anatalya is a slightly better mage than Kraytor only because she use a single canticle as opposed to Kraytor's two.
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: The Man They Call Jayne on December 29, 2013, 10:35:22 pm
"There is dishonour implied if the challenger is either of much greater rank, or much greater skill than the challenged party."

Seems like it should be the opposite. The should be no dishonour is turning down a duel you cannot possibly win because your opponant is a grand high overlord and you are a peasant, or because they can bend reality with their mind and you risk killing yourself with a potato peeler.
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Ravager Zero on December 30, 2013, 07:31:58 am
"There is dishonour implied if the challenger is either of much greater rank, or much greater skill than the challenged party."

Seems like it should be the opposite. The should be no dishonour is turning down a duel you cannot possibly win because your opponant is a grand high overlord and you are a peasant, or because they can bend reality with their mind and you risk killing yourself with a potato peeler.
I should probably rephrase that bit.
The dishonour in this case belongs to the challenger, for asking to duel someone so far below their own station.



Also, the good news:
Anatalya is scared of Kraytor now.
Kraytor is still alive.

The bad news… well, let's just say it involves dice. Lots of dice.
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Scout Sergeant Mkoll on January 03, 2014, 09:55:37 pm
Bit more world building in terms of the tradition of challenging in Hygar for you Rav. ;)

Reminds me actually, did I send you the prices for gear in Hygar? I can't remember it's been that long now.
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Ravager Zero on January 04, 2014, 07:22:40 pm
Bit more world building in terms of the tradition of challenging in Hygar for you Rav. ;)
Looks good.

Quote
Reminds me actually, did I send you the prices for gear in Hygar? I can't remember it's been that long now.
You may have. I'll have to check the files later.
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: The Man They Call Jayne on January 24, 2014, 10:44:35 pm
As a thought about getting this going a little more, seeing as many of the players arent very active anymore, what do people think about moving this to a closed facebook group? Just ad the players and any member who specifically wants to follow along. We are all on FB and the reply system to specific comments in a thread would allow us to keep better track of who is addressing who.

Rav could make the post, we then respond to it until we get to the next bit of story, or an event happens.

Just a thought.
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Scout Sergeant Mkoll on January 25, 2014, 12:13:09 am
Failing that, possibly try to recruit more players? I think Mabbz's pony rp has a few players. Maybe a post in the GED thread could encourage them to join. Hygar would make a convenient drop off point for the inactive members too if we were to get fresh blood.
Title: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Mabbz on January 25, 2014, 12:37:42 am
As a thought about getting this going a little more, seeing as many of the players arent very active anymore, what do people think about moving this to a closed facebook group? Just ad the players and any member who specifically wants to follow along. We are all on FB and the reply system to specific comments in a thread would allow us to keep better track of who is addressing who.

Rav could make the post, we then respond to it until we get to the next bit of story, or an event happens.

Just a thought.
I'm not that keen. It's not a bad idea, but I don't like the FB comment box particularly. Besides, aside from the GED thread, this is the largest topic on the forum. Moving it makes me feel bad.

On the other hand, if we moved to FB I might be able to persuade some non-members to join. I have some friends that would probably enjoy this.

Failing that, possibly try to recruit more players? I think Mabbz's pony rp has a few players. Maybe a post in the GED thread could encourage them to join. Hygar would make a convenient drop off point for the inactive members too if we were to get fresh blood.
Planning to steal my players :P? I have five active players, and I believe only one is here as well (Narric). I could mention the possibility of them coming joining ETD to them if you want.
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Ravager Zero on January 25, 2014, 07:44:52 am
As a thought about getting this going a little more, seeing as many of the players arent very active anymore, what do people think about moving this to a closed facebook group? Just ad the players and any member who specifically wants to follow along. We are all on FB and the reply system to specific comments in a thread would allow us to keep better track of who is addressing who.

Rav could make the post, we then respond to it until we get to the next bit of story, or an event happens.

Just a thought.
I'm not a fan of RP's run on facebook personally. At least, not the kind I'm trying to run here.
It could, however, work very well for the planned Diaspora game when this RP eventually wraps up.

Failing that, possibly try to recruit more players? I think Mabbz's pony rp has a few players. Maybe a post in the GED thread could encourage them to join. Hygar would make a convenient drop off point for the inactive members too if we were to get fresh blood.
Now, while I don't normally condone stealing players from another RP—that one involves magical ponies, so everyone's fair game. Provided not one word is uttered about said ponies. :P

I'm not that keen. It's not a bad idea, but I don't like the FB comment box particularly. Besides, aside from the GED thread, this is the largest topic on the forum. Moving it makes me feel bad.

On the other hand, if we moved to FB I might be able to persuade some non-members to join. I have some friends that would probably enjoy this.
Sometimes I wonder if serious roleplay shouldn't be made general access instead of having the enclave restrictions on it.

Oh, and the only (relatively minor :P) advantage facebook would have is less terrible forum-crashing.
Title: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Mabbz on January 25, 2014, 09:42:29 am
Failing that, possibly try to recruit more players? I think Mabbz's pony rp has a few players. Maybe a post in the GED thread could encourage them to join. Hygar would make a convenient drop off point for the inactive members too if we were to get fresh blood.
Now, while I don't normally condone stealing players from another RP—that one involves magical ponies, so everyone's fair game. Provided not one word is uttered about said ponies. :P
One day, we shall overtake ETD in terms of number of posts to become the 2nd and 3rd most popular threads on 2S. We're currently 4th and 6th, only a couple of hundred behind you, and gaining.

That thought should provide a nice boost in activity here.

I'm not that keen. It's not a bad idea, but I don't like the FB comment box particularly. Besides, aside from the GED thread, this is the largest topic on the forum. Moving it makes me feel bad.

On the other hand, if we moved to FB I might be able to persuade some non-members to join. I have some friends that would probably enjoy this.
Sometimes I wonder if serious roleplay shouldn't be made general access instead of having the enclave restrictions on it.

Oh, and the only (relatively minor :P) advantage facebook would have is less terrible forum-crashing.
The RP board is unrestricted. One of my players joined the forum solely for my RP. I've never been entirely sure how that fits with forum policy, but I decided not to question it since he's probably my most active player.
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: The Man They Call Jayne on January 25, 2014, 06:23:54 pm
Im up for any other RP thats done regularly.
Title: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: HectorSmash on January 27, 2014, 04:57:06 am
ponyponyponyponypony

What's this about needing more players? I'd read through the OOC, but there's 73 pages of it... could you give or point me toward a wrap-up? Preferably of the wintry variety?

also ponies
Title: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Narric on January 27, 2014, 08:46:13 am
ponyponyponyponypony

What's this about needing more players? I'd read through the OOC, but there's 73 pages of it... could you give or point me toward a wrap-up? Preferably of the wintry variety?

also ponies
I can PM you a story synopsis that Rav sent me ;)
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: InsaneTD on January 27, 2014, 09:23:19 am
Yay! We're going on an adventure! Oh no! Daemons! Jan'us! Oh he's still alive, awesome! Camping. Learning to range. Revenants! Not Oan! Oh he's alive, awesome! Camping and ranging some more. Oh no, dryads and evil mages! Giliathar, no! He's dead. Ooooohhh temple. It's the sun goddess! She blessed us, yay! Camping and more ranging. Oh no, daemons! JAN'US! Oh good, he's still alive. More camping and ranging. We made it to Darrow. Finding a place to stay. A random girl attacked Jan'us... why are we keeping this guy around again? The runesmith almost kills himself with an exploding amulet. (It wasn't supposed to do that....) OH NO! DAEMONS! Oh shit, a daemon lord!! AND A DAEMON DRAGON!!!! Oh the runesmith has trapped the dragon. Idiot guards! And someone got the dragon, good. And no, the daemon lord is coming after the runesmith. Ooh, the runesmith fas ra do'ed the daemonlord. And now he's trapped him. And banished him... and made an eternal enemy.... The girl who attack Jan'us has joined us. As has a dwarf. We're leaving Darrow to go to Cyven. Oh, a assassin mage has joined us. More camping and ranging. Oh look, a oil well and pumping station. And no, a cyromancer! She's an avatar! JAN'US!!! She got away... and blew the station. JAN'US IS ACTUALLY DEAD!?!?!?!?! Burying Jan'us. More camping and ranging. We made it to Cyven, yay!


We've actually left Cyven, but I can't remember much of what happened in there.
Title: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Mabbz on January 27, 2014, 09:38:47 am
ponyponyponyponypony

What's this about needing more players? I'd read through the OOC, but there's 73 pages of it... could you give or point me toward a wrap-up? Preferably of the wintry variety?

also ponies
There's actually more pages than that, we lost a load in a forum crash.

Giliathar, no! He's dead.
I'd appreciate it if you could at least spell his name right, Tibbles. Don't make me make Kahlan use the name Tibbles in character.
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Ravager Zero on January 27, 2014, 10:18:33 am
Right.
New post is up. Sorry it took so long. Was helping with a big Infinity event today, and organising it over the weekend.

Also, Mkoll, feel free to continue that conversation in whatever way you see fit.



Narric, just post the newsletter already, then everyone can see the synopsis. :P

ponyponyponyponypony

What's this about needing more players? I'd read through the OOC, but there's 73 pages of it... could you give or point me toward a wrap-up? Preferably of the wintry variety?

also ponies
Must. Resist. Urge. To. Smite. :shifty:

Also, if you do join, we have a nice stable of NPCs/Abandoned PCs in the party if you don't feel like making your own character up on the spot.
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Narric on January 27, 2014, 10:31:25 am
Narric, just post the newsletter already, then everyone can see the synopsis. :P

I have :P (http://secondsphere.org/index.php?topic=1672.0) I just can't sticky it XD

I couldn't figure out which RP synopsis to include, so I'll be putting them both in next month. Yours is going to have to be in Spoiler tags though :P
Title: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Mabbz on January 27, 2014, 11:46:06 am
Hmm... does Kahlan know about Emily and Oan's amulets?
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: InsaneTD on January 27, 2014, 11:54:50 am
First of all, it's been months since I've seen it spelt. So Bugger off. Second of all, this isn't in character so don't going using ooc stuff in ic.
Title: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Mabbz on January 27, 2014, 12:00:20 pm
First of all, it's been months since I've seen it spelt. So Bugger off. Second of all, this isn't in character so don't going using ooc stuff in ic.
First of all, I know that. I wasn't being particularly serious. I probably should have added an emoticon of some kind to my last post :P

Second, I wasn't planning to actually do that, although it is something I could picture Kahlan saying...
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: InsaneTD on January 27, 2014, 12:17:05 pm
Tibble is very different to Tybalt, and might just see her in hygar's duelling rung if she said it to him. :P
Title: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Mabbz on January 27, 2014, 12:27:19 pm
Fair enough. I'll wait until we leave Hygar then ;). I'm busy deciding how to annoy Oan at the moment anyway :shifty:
Title: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: HectorSmash on January 27, 2014, 01:15:57 pm
Also, if you do join, we have a nice stable of NPCs/Abandoned PCs in the party if you don't feel like making your own character up on the spot.

I'd prefer to use one of my own characters, but if that'd be too much hassle I could pick up one of the abandoned folks. Should I post him here, or PM?
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: The Man They Call Jayne on January 27, 2014, 03:30:28 pm
If we are in Hygar long enough, we could reasonably meet a new person. So far we have Kraytor, Oan Fencer, Emily, Tybalt and Kahlan [last name censored]. Marcus, Rehd, Xan and Zothern are all idle I think. Although Zothern is dying horribly back in Cyven.
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Scout Sergeant Mkoll on January 27, 2014, 10:05:18 pm
Hmm... does Kahlan know about Emily and Oan's amulets?
At this point, not that either Oan or Emily are aware of. Lady Cyven saw the thread of essence straight away though so a mage of the same school, and possibly of others could detect the link though I honestly have no idea how hard it would be to do so, that would be something you'd need to discuss with Rav.

Hector, it'd be nice to have a new member here. :) The active members at the minute are a Runesmith armed with a rifle (Tybalt, aka Tybalt), a Dwarf (Narric, aka Atlas) a Healer who fights with twin knives (Mabbz, aka Khalan), a Shaman (Jayne aka Kraytor), a Seer who has a pair of pistols (Emily, NPC) and a Ranger (myself, Oan). As has been pointed out there's a range of idlers who are essentially NPCs at this point so pretty much any character build would be useful. :)
Title: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: HectorSmash on January 27, 2014, 11:53:23 pm
Well...

I've got a Dwarf Barbarian named Rockpunch. He's about as simple as they come, and - mentally - basically a child. Think maybe Lennie from Of Mice and Men, but with more uncontrollable fury and punching. I've got a skillsheet and whatnot all laid out for him in Pathfinder, but I'm not sure how that'd carry over to XDM (I think it was called?).
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Railgun Convention on January 28, 2014, 01:56:17 am
Hmm... does Kahlan know about Emily and Oan's amulets?
At this point, not that either Oan or Emily are aware of. Lady Cyven saw the thread of essence straight away though so a mage of the same school, and possibly of others could detect the link though I honestly have no idea how hard it would be to do so, that would be something you'd need to discuss with Rav.

Hector, it'd be nice to have a new member here. :) The active members at the minute are a Runesmith armed with a rifle (Tybalt, aka Tybalt), a Dwarf (Narric, aka Atlas) a Healer who fights with twin knives (Mabbz, aka Khalan), a Shaman (Jayne aka Kraytor), a Seer who has a pair of pistols (Emily, NPC) and a Ranger (myself, Oan). As has been pointed out there's a range of idlers who are essentially NPCs at this point so pretty much any character build would be useful. :)
Didn't miss anyone, did you?  :shifty:
Title: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Ravager Zero on January 28, 2014, 04:00:04 am
Well...

I've got a Dwarf Barbarian named Rockpunch. He's about as simple as they come, and - mentally - basically a child. Think maybe Lennie from Of Mice and Men, but with more uncontrollable fury and punching. I've got a skillsheet and whatnot all laid out for him in Pathfinder, but I'm not sure how that'd carry over to XDM (I think it was called?).
Dwarves are supposed to be very rare in this setting. Narric's lucky he got a dwarf (because he actually went and did some world-building to justify their existence). I'm not saying you can't have a second dwarf in the party—I'm saying you're going to have work hard to convince me we need a second dwarf in the party (as opposed to say, a human barbarian).

Classes in XDM are very freeform. If you can think of a name for something that links a certain set of skills with a certain spread of stats, it's probably a class. Currently everyone in the party has one of four classes: Mage, Ranger, Runesmith, Warrior.

Skills are also handled in much the same way, and can be a lot more versatile too. Such as using pyromancy to weld, or heat a room, or cook. Or using wilderness skills to track a target in a large crowd through a city; etc. In combat you just say what you want to happen—then dice are rolled, and we see how closely reality matches your desires. No one's complained about it yet. Too much. :P

And if the character creation system isn't somewhere back in thread, I'll re-post it yet again, with some more notes about the setting.
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: InsaneTD on January 28, 2014, 04:24:49 am
Rav, half you sig is missing....


This runesmith is jealous.... No more runesmiths in the party. :P
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Ravager Zero on January 28, 2014, 06:14:09 am
Rav, half you sig is missing....
The forum crash ate it.
Obviously.

Also, why did nobody tell me?! (:P)
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: InsaneTD on January 28, 2014, 06:50:41 am
Just did. :P

And if you are going to be on here so much, maybe you should post an update....
Title: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: CoffeeGrunt on January 28, 2014, 08:50:11 am
I have never partaken in an RP thread before, how do I do it?

I'm also debating which character of mine to use, probably Lynette Lachance...
Title: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Mabbz on January 28, 2014, 09:17:40 am
I have never partaken in an RP thread before, how do I do it?

I'm also debating which character of mine to use, probably Lynette Lachance...
You basically just post what your character is doing, and Rav will roll some dice to see if it works. The main exception is combat, which I'll let someone else explain.

Have you been playing lots of The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, by any chance? Is Lynette an assassin?
Title: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: CoffeeGrunt on January 28, 2014, 10:02:15 am
I stole the surname from Elder Scrolls, yes. :P

I can't remember if that was her original surname, when I wrote her she was simply, "Lynette."
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Ravager Zero on January 28, 2014, 10:23:32 am
And if you are going to be on here so much, maybe you should post an update....
Quiet you.  :P

I have never partaken in an RP thread before, how do I do it?

I'm also debating which character of mine to use, probably Lynette Lachance...
You basically just post what your character is doing, and Rav will roll some dice to see if it works. The main exception is combat, which I'll let someone else explain.
That's a gross over-simplification. I decide whether it's worth rolling dice. Then I roll some dice anyway (:P), then I carefully ponder the results—and if needed to push the story forward, fudge the numbers slightly (but that doesn't happen often, and never in combat)—then I consider the impact the results have on the world.

Then I write something that makes your character look good, no matter how spectacularly you failed (unless it's funny to see how you failed, in which case we get some levity). Then everyone posts here about how unexpected that was and what they need to do next—because Talking is a Free Action (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/TalkingIsAFreeAction).

And Mabbz… every time (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/TemptingFate). :P

Combat is based around an action system called 3 Rounds Rapid. The premise is simple: Everyone involved in the combat PM's me their 3 actions, in as much or as little detail as they desire. I do the same for the enemies. Then I create a giant wall of text post that is some of the most exciting RP combat you've ever seen (or more likely read). Most fights are generally resolved in 2-3 posts (6-9 rounds). NPCs act intelligently, which also helps: ie: the town guards will fight the daemons trying to eat you, rather than the one that just appeared in the distance.
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: InsaneTD on January 28, 2014, 12:36:31 pm
There is something I want to comment on but I'm sure it will cause all kinds of havoc and trouble in doing so...
Title: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Mabbz on January 28, 2014, 01:00:03 pm
And Mabbz… every time (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/TemptingFate). :P
You wouldn't have it any other way. Admit it, you love thinking up ways to harm our characters, and get frustrated when things go too smoothly. I'm just giving you the excuse you need, and letting Kahlan take one for the team. Aren't I selfless? ;D

There is something I want to comment on but I'm sure it will cause all kinds of havoc and trouble in doing so...
Do it! What's the worst that could happen?
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: InsaneTD on January 28, 2014, 01:03:49 pm
You could die? No, that's not the worst. I could die, that would be the worst. :P
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: The Man They Call Jayne on January 28, 2014, 01:27:01 pm
I thought tempting fate was my thing, or is that cheating death?
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: InsaneTD on January 28, 2014, 01:48:46 pm
Your's is cheating death caused by Mabbz tempting fate.
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: The Man They Call Jayne on January 28, 2014, 02:26:29 pm
Damn you Mabbz! DAMN YOU!
Title: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: HectorSmash on January 29, 2014, 03:08:18 am
Well...

I've got a Dwarf Barbarian named Rockpunch. He's about as simple as they come, and - mentally - basically a child. Think maybe Lennie from Of Mice and Men, but with more uncontrollable fury and punching. I've got a skillsheet and whatnot all laid out for him in Pathfinder, but I'm not sure how that'd carry over to XDM (I think it was called?).
Dwarves are supposed to be very rare in this setting. Narric's lucky he got a dwarf (because he actually went and did some world-building to justify their existence). I'm not saying you can't have a second dwarf in the party—I'm saying you're going to have work hard to convince me we need a second dwarf in the party (as opposed to say, a human barbarian).

Well, a large (and by large I mean almost monumental) part of Rockpunch's character is his endless search for family. Making dwarves even rarer in this setting just gives him even more reason to travel the world looking for his kind.

As for why the party would want him, well, he'll do anything - literally anything within his mental capacity - in defense of his adoptive 'family,' and he's a #yolo-style berserker dude, which I don't think you guys have one of yet.

Also his main weapons are his fists, because that works in Pathfinder. Dunno 'bout XDM but I guess we'll see, eh?
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: InsaneTD on January 29, 2014, 04:16:45 am
Probably not so good against armed daemons.
Title: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Ravager Zero on January 29, 2014, 05:32:09 am
Well, a large (and by large I mean almost monumental) part of Rockpunch's character is his endless search for family. Making dwarves even rarer in this setting just gives him even more reason to travel the world looking for his kind.
Lets see some expansion on this. I like the idea. But why is he walking the earth looking for family?
Was he abandoned?
Did someone kidnap him?
Is he an orphan?
Were his parents exiled/banished?

Take one of those and run with it.

Quote
As for why the party would want him, well, he'll do anything - literally anything within his mental capacity - in defense of his adoptive 'family,' and he's a #yolo-style berserker dude, which I don't think you guys have one of yet.

Also his main weapons are his fists, because that works in Pathfinder. Dunno 'bout XDM but I guess we'll see, eh?
We do have a very competent NPC warrior with an epic hammer, but he's balanced offense/defense wise. You do realise that by putting everything into attack in this setting there is actually a good chance your character will die in combat, right? (Just ask the others about their first fight).

And you're going to want some gauntlets, or mailed fists, or brass knuckles, or some similar weapon. Daemons are pretty much impervious to "blunt" damage—unless said weapon is either blessed, or used with great force.

There's also a possibility you could use your fists as a magickal weapon if you're an exceedingly rare dwarf mage (but I doubt a mage would cross-class with a berserker).
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: InsaneTD on January 29, 2014, 05:46:48 am
Could if he had some serious issues and was thrown out of hold for killing his family there and is looking for extended family in another hold.
Title: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: HectorSmash on January 29, 2014, 05:28:53 pm
Again, in Pathfinder it wasn't such a big deal since a lot of defensive benefits come with being a dwarf barbarian (namely tons and tons of hit points). I'm not set in my ways, though; I just have a rough idea of what his skills and abilities in combat are.

Also in Pathfinder, there are various abilities that negate the necessity of using weapons while 'unarmed.' Spiked gauntlets, caestuses and the like are considered 'armed,' so eventually your unarmed character will pretty much need to lose the gear.

So, the story goes as I have it right now - his parents hid the toddler dwarf in a pothole while they were being chased or hunted through a forest. Knowing they would soon be caught, they did the only thing they knew of to try and keep him safe, and left his fate to nature. At that point in time, he was old enough to have memories, primal emotions, and basic survival functions - maybe 4 or 5 in human years?

He survived in this cave for decades. I have a pastebin with his story in it, here: http://pastebin.com/WTSSHe5Q (http://pastebin.com/WTSSHe5Q)

Some of the information in there is unnecessary or overridden by what I've said in here. I'm going to cut the pastebin entry at the point when he crawls out of his cave, unless you guys want more story.

TL;DR: Rockpunch has a deep-seated desire to find a place where he belongs, but cannot because of his rage, his great difficulty in speaking, and his race.
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Ravager Zero on January 29, 2014, 10:49:25 pm
That story looks fine Hector.

And, as I'm too lazy to go hunting through the thread to find the character generation section, I'll just post it again below.



The world of this setting is alternatively known as Firma or Sera, with Firma being the ancient/traditional name. (Such as a Terra being latin for Earth). The planet has 5 moons of varying size, 2 are major satellites (Chronos—silver & Aberros—pale green), 1 is a minor satellite (Disyrious—azure), and 2 are no more than captured asteroids (Efram—ochre, and Lune—gold). The day is approximately 25 hours long (but is still divided into 24 "hours" by the populace), while the year is significant at 420 days long (437 24h days). This means that years are approximately 1.2 times as long as Earth, thus ages begin to tell quicker. For example, someone who is 24 on Firma would be 28 in Earth years.

The year of Firma is divided into 4 seasons of roughly equal length. These seasons are special because they are global, caused by a highly elliptical & eccentric orbit (for those of you that remember the Orrerry in the catacombs, that was the revelation). Quickening is the equivalent of Spring, when new life bursts forth from the snow. Firetide is the height of summer, when wildfires can sear through the forests. The Turn is autumn, when leaves change colour and fall from the trees, and the first snows begin to fall. The Great Fall is the depth of winter, marked by freezing temperatures and great snowfalls. Much of the world's trading happens in the Great Fall due to the utility of the ice barges.

Magick is a powerful force in this world, drawn from Essence, a 'wind' of magic that exists in another plane, forming Skeins, can be drawn from and/or manipulated in their raw form. Essence can be Enmeshed into mundane materials, altering their physical properties. Magick is divided into schools, each of which is the domain of a particular god or goddess. These schools are further divided into canticles, or areas of study—two for each god(dess).

Schools of Magick
Kyron (The God of chaos and madness)
Chaosigan = Destructive magicks
Seer = Precognition, Negative 'status' magicks

Deaze (The principal God, and God of magick and nature)
Shaman = Beast & Nature control (Water, Wind, Sky; Chants & Calls)
Mystic = Studies the heart of magic and can dispel

Rai-Tane (God of Fire and Stone, lord of volcanos and the inner earth)
Pyromancer = Fire magicks
Geomancer = Earth magicks

Shaya (Goddess of life & mystery)
Illusionist = Deception and Mind magicks
Healer = Magicks of the body and soul, 'status buffs'

Morrde (God of death & unnatural things)
Necromancer = Magicks of Undeath and Unnatural Things, spells of blood and bone
Summoner = Call upon creatures of Essence, Daemons, or Sprites, spells of Binding

Colours of Magick
All mages have an associated colour that determines how they draw their power from the skeins, and where or when their magick is most powerful.

Grey = Drawn purely from the skeins, with no moments of intensity or weakness compared to other colours. Average strength all round.
White = Drawn from Life, most powerful in nature and areas full of life, such as cities and forests. Strongest during the day, surrounded by life. Weakest when surrounded by blood.
Black = Drawn from Death, most powerful at night, in graveyards and on old battlefields. Weakest when surrounded by life and positive energy.
Red = Drawn from Blood, powerful at dawn and in battle, when fresh blood is spilt. Most powerful of all sacrificial magick—and most costly with blood price. Weakest when surrounded by death.
Blue = Drawn from Soul, most powerful when helping others and near dusk. Weakest when acting alone or surrounded by enemies. Most volatile in power, based on strength of heart more than strength of will.

Runic Tables
Destruction = Direct damage, physical & elemental
Protection = Reduces damage, counters magicks, some healing
Alteration = Transmutes things, "status magic"
Binding = Stops things, holds souls, entraps power/Essence
Cornerstones = Legendary powers



Character Generation
Character generation for XDM is surprisingly simple, and flips the general idea of high stats being better on its head. The XDM system is an "exceed to succeed" system, thus, the lower your relevant stat, the more likely you are to succeed at a given task. Modifiers will often be applied based on the difficulty of the task (such as +20 to your stat for "I kill the dragon with my hatpin, to +3 for "I leap the narrow chasm", or -20 for "I breathe" :P).

Stats
Physical: Your raw strength, agility, and ability to take a blow.
Mental: How bright your character is, your social ability, and how easily you can solve puzzles.
Mystical: Your power as a mage, and your knowledge of the arcane. Only really important for mages.

Hit Points: How much damage you can take before keeling over dead. At 0 hit points you're dying. At -1 to -3 you're dead unless someone/something intervenes to stabilise & save you. At -4 or less, you're unequivocally dead.

So, now you want to know how to generate these stats, right?
Simple, each stat is a based on a roll of 15-d8, giving you a number somewhere between 7 and 14. That's your stat. Mages get to subtract 4 from their Mystical stat, but must add a total of 4 to their other stats. Finally, your hit points are the sum value of your two lowest stats. Thus, less skilled characters can take more damage, while more powerful characters aren't as tough.

A character can also have a unique ability, discussed with the GM. The cost for this is reduced Hit Points, usually by 2. This means characters with unique and powerful abilities are less able to tank, and have to fight smart.

As to equipment, everyone is assumed to start with generic adventuring and survival gear appropriate to the setting and location they live in. Anything else that's reasonable can be added with the GM's permission. Anything extra can be purchased in shops. Starting wealth is based on rolling several D10s, with the number of dice determined by your upbringing and social class, as well a modifier influenced by your profession(s).

Character Sheet
Name:

Physical:
Mental:
Mystical:

Equipment:
Wealth:

Description/Look:
Bio/History:
Title: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Narric on January 29, 2014, 10:55:04 pm
Do you still have all the Dwarf stuff, Rav? I don't, which is annoying as I wrote it :P
Title: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Ravager Zero on January 30, 2014, 12:35:10 am
Do you still have all the Dwarf stuff, Rav? I don't, which is annoying as I wrote it :P
I do.



The Dwarfs of Firma are a short race of humanoids. They are naturally tough and strong, but are slower in speed when compared to humans.
They’re predominantly armed with Axes and hammers. Slow and forceful weapons that complement their physique and talents.
The Dwarfs live in Great Halls, caved into the world where the rock shows most. This is often at huge crevices, or Mountains. Each Great Hall is ruled by an Elected rulers, who is advised by a council of thirteen.  The number of Halls present in the world, is currently unknown. They often keep to themselves, and are also uncaring of the younger Human race that covers the lands to the East. Each Great Hall is predominantly self-contained. Only trading between each other for raw materials, but this is sporadic, as Dwarfs are excellent at recycling old material.

Magick and Runes
Magick isn’t a wholy practised area. Dwarfs usually have difficulty controlling the Essence around them, and some even create Essence black-outs around them, though these are few. Instead of Wizarry, the Dwarfs looked to capturing small amounts of essence into their tools and weapons, through specially designed runes. These runes near always have the effect of passively drawing essence in. This passive effect, powers the second part of each rune.
Compared to Human developed Runes, Dwarven runes are often complex, and have the appearance of several human runes etched one ontop of the other. Skill human Runesmiths can easily decipher Dwarven runes, more by feeling the essence flowing around the weapon, rather then examining the rune directly.
Dwarven runesmiths, are held in high praise, and are so well paid, they rarely want to of anything, not even to see the light of day outside their Halls.

Dwarven gods
Dwarven Gods are more simple in nature than the Pantheon of the Humans. Their names are spoken of in high praise:

Kazun is the God of War
All Dwarven Warriors carry somewhere on their person a small totem to this God. He watches over them and when needed, will grant power to a Warrior he deems worthy.

Diuna is the Goddess of Wisdom
Dwarven woman keep a totem to this God on display at all times in their homes. A Runic Totem is often inscribed onto a Dwarfs satchel, or sack, to act as a focus for all they learn during their travels and teaches.

Helzon is the God of the Forge
All Smiths, and even some especially talented Runesmiths, are said to acts as this God’s hands in creation. When a Dwarf tells a human, he is a chosen of Helzon, they are showing the greatest respect a Dwarf can give.

Nata is the Goddess of Life
She watches over the small farms that dot the countryside, and in Dwarf tails she is said to not care off racial difference. She on occaision will cause pain to those that are evil, and bless those that do good. She will always side with the soul that means to do good, and has never been tricked.

Kohil is the God of Luck and Trickery
Near everything that cannot be attributed to the other four Gods, is often attributed to Kohil. It is said, to invoke the anger of Kohil, is to curse your family for generations, if the unfortunate who anger him, lives long enough to start one. To general Knowledge, no Dwarf of the Great Halls has ever anger Kohil.

Dwarven tails have hinted of interaction ebtween the Gods. Some say that Diuna and Helzon make their decisions hand in hand. This talk is often quashed by older Dwarfs, as it is disrespectful to speak of the Gods, like they were beings of the world.


Technology
Dwarven technolgy always looks ornate. From a simple smoking pipe, to the massive machines that cut into the world to expand the Great Halls. Despite its ornateness, everything has a function it is perfect for, and is obvious. Dwarfs waste no material on useless things. Rumours among the Halls, say that some exceptionally mad, or inventive, Dwarven engineers are designing flying machines, with which to travel the great oceans, to spread civilisation to the four corners of the globe.

Gunpowder weapons were invented early, and have only ever been used in defence of Dwarven territory. Darfs have devloped devices for their gun which are considered similar to the Clockwork devices of humans.
Title: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: HectorSmash on January 30, 2014, 05:35:30 am
Character Sheet
Name: Rockpunch

I'm assuming I don't get to choose which rolls apply to which skills, so I'm just gonna honor system this shit and hope you guys will believe me lol

inb4 7 mystical, 14 physical


Physical: 8
Mental: 11
Mystical: 13

IC Roll:
[spoiler]15-1d8=8, 15-1d8=11, 15-1d8=13 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4384631/)[/spoiler]

Equipment: Something basic, maybe a tough hide shirt and skirt. He doesn't know or care if it looks girly; it's warm and protective!

Since the enemies we're going up against will all be quite heavily armed, I think I'm going to cheese the system a little bit and opt for a heavy hammer instead of using my fists. After all, what breaks rock better than other rock?

Wealth: Nothing.

Description/Look: Stumpy. Scarred and calloused hands, eyes pale and buggy-looking from years of living in a dark cave. Dark, wild hair, roughly shorn below the neckline. Beard is similarly unkempt and dirty. Pallid skin hidden under layers of animal hide-as-armor.

Bio/History: I'm gonna re-link to the pastebin:
[spoiler]http://pastebin.com/WTSSHe5Q[/spoiler]

...but if you'd like me to write something else, I can do that once we get things sorted out for Rockpunch.


EDIT: Oh, and here's his Pathfinder sheet, if it matters:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AqgUcHrv_nJ8dG1BNE8xREt2V3BqN2dNMS1jQnh0TUE#gid=14 (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AqgUcHrv_nJ8dG1BNE8xREt2V3BqN2dNMS1jQnh0TUE#gid=14)
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Ravager Zero on January 30, 2014, 09:13:58 am
Looks good Hector.
I'll throw you in in the next big update.
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: InsaneTD on January 30, 2014, 09:23:53 am
Which will be when? :P
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Ravager Zero on January 30, 2014, 12:21:13 pm
Which will be when? :P
When you lot think of something interesting/useful to do. :P
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: The Man They Call Jayne on January 30, 2014, 12:26:24 pm
More sparring? Might be a good reason for a dwarf who likes a scrap to show an interest in us.
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: InsaneTD on January 30, 2014, 12:29:16 pm
I want the story of hygar's creation. That's why Tybalt went to the library.
Title: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Mabbz on January 30, 2014, 01:07:54 pm
Kahlan is always up for some sparring.
Title: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Narric on January 30, 2014, 06:49:15 pm
I'll spar with Kahlan :P

I haven't really done much fighting with Atlas, which will make it genuinely good practice for me :P

on a different note. I was questioning Rav on the possibilty of bringing back my original character, but he's been written off entirely :P So instead, does anybody have reason against me taking up control of Marcus? IIRC he has the Anti Daemon hammer.
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: The Man They Call Jayne on January 30, 2014, 07:05:02 pm
Do you need two characters? Personally I would prefer that spare characters stay under DMs control. That way they remain consistant rather than them just doing whatever their current controller wants them for. If you wanted to trade out atlas for Marcus though I would be fine with it.
Title: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Narric on January 30, 2014, 07:20:10 pm
I primarily wanted to bring Zothern back as he was my character :P Marcus was becuase I figured his weaponry would be useful.

I also thought that if I RP'd two characters I'd post more, meaning more stuff would/could happen.... ¬.¬
Title: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Mabbz on January 30, 2014, 08:48:08 pm
I'm happy for Marcus to come back; he and Kahlan have a romantic (or at least sexual) subplot going on which I find amusing.
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Ravager Zero on January 31, 2014, 03:27:06 am
Right, so there's some more story for you.

Sparring will happen in the next update.
Title: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Narric on January 31, 2014, 10:05:24 am
Now to try an act as a Mentor or something :P
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: The Man They Call Jayne on January 31, 2014, 04:25:09 pm
Ahh meditation, why can't you ever go smooth?
Title: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Narric on February 03, 2014, 10:23:00 am
And that is probably the longest RP I've written, and it will probably remain that way XD
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Ravager Zero on February 03, 2014, 11:17:31 am
Sorry, no sparring. I realised too late that the Dwarf supposed to fighting was actually being a better person trying to educate another Dwarf—speaking of which, Narric, Hector, that's for you two to write up. Use that Charisma (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/DumpStat). And I see you've already made a good start.

Also, be aware that aside from the magick, this is trying to a reasonably realistic world. Mythical/mystical/monstrous beasts are not all that common. Trolls and their ilk are fine (and Fae, Dryads, Imps, 'wildlings/natures wrath' monsters etc), but things like Orcs, Giants, etc—the less plausible (or more humanoid? I guess) beasties, don't belong here.

I also need to make a beastiary of the various dangerous wild animals you'll encounter in the north. Daemons, of course, are a given.

And to everyone, it's quite late in the day, so it's probably time to wrap up, feast on some poorly cooked meats, and regale each other with tales of past fights. ;)
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: InsaneTD on February 03, 2014, 03:31:02 pm
If I had read this before I posted, Tybalt would be regrouping, but a lass, he isn't.
Title: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Narric on February 03, 2014, 09:11:22 pm
Gotta love these free actions :P

Hector, don't hesitate to tell me if I'm shoe-horning you. My thought currently is to get Rockpunch a hammer like weapon, which I think you said you wanted him equipped with, but iirc nothing has been said about Rockpunch having weaponry.

Rav, provided Hector agrees, would we be able to "shop" for a warhammer of some description, or is Atlas too low on coin?
Title: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: HectorSmash on February 03, 2014, 10:33:18 pm
Hey, I don't care. The way I see it, you're (both IC and OOC) introducing me to the world/game, so for now it's my duty to follow and yours to lead.

Right now I have like a rough cudgel sorta deal, but I doubt it'd be very effective against anything more durable than an elk. Going shopping with a kinsman... that'd be a dream.
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: The Man They Call Jayne on February 03, 2014, 10:40:22 pm
Don't suppose Tybalt would be able and willing to make a decent warhammer for a slightly lower than store price? That way it could be balanced for Rockpunch and made to measure so to speak. He also might be able to rune it up a bit.

We know what we are going to face out there and in the words of Major Chip Hazard, "Standard issue is insufficiant!".
Title: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Narric on February 03, 2014, 10:43:26 pm
One thing i was thinking was if we didn't have the coin for either option, are there "Mundane Tasks" we (I) could complete to make some? I doubt Gambling would be a good idea with my stats, and there is always a risk of coming out worse than when you started. :P
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: The Man They Call Jayne on February 03, 2014, 10:47:08 pm
We have taken some local jobs before, like when Ja'nus enmeshed that metal.
Title: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Narric on February 03, 2014, 11:00:27 pm
So sue me for my reference of real life things :P I'm sure a human warrior could have taken the title Rocky :P
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Ravager Zero on February 04, 2014, 12:02:33 am
@Narric: Yes, you and Hector can go shopping.
I don't think I ever worked out a wealth score for Atlas though.

Alternatively, Tybalt—or a local blacksmith—could make one. If you have the time and fortitude, you could attempt to forge one yourselves. The Blacksmith's guild is always willing to help those who wish to help themselves. Just supply the materials, and some coin/tribute. They'll show you what to do.
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: InsaneTD on February 04, 2014, 02:48:51 am
Would of thought a true dwarf would know how to Smith :P. Would probably want dwarven runes if any too.

Trust a dwarf to smash the fourth wall.
Title: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: HectorSmash on February 04, 2014, 03:16:03 am
Rocky

 :facepalm001:
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: InsaneTD on February 04, 2014, 04:46:51 am
You didn't see that coming? Really?
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Narric on February 04, 2014, 08:58:56 am
Would of thought a true dwarf would know how to Smith :P. Would probably want dwarven runes if any too.
Atlas was more a fighter then a crafter, hence why he left :shifty:

@Narric: Yes, you and Hector can go shopping.
I don't think I ever worked out a wealth score for Atlas though.

Alternatively, Tybalt—or a local blacksmith—could make one. If you have the time and fortitude, you could attempt to forge one yourselves. The Blacksmith's guild is always willing to help those who wish to help themselves. Just supply the materials, and some coin/tribute. They'll show you what to do.

Should I roll something like 4D10 to see how much gold I have? :P

And I assume I will have to purchase the materials from somewhere. I can't imagine people actually carrying around chunks of Iron ore, or Steel Ingots :P
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: InsaneTD on February 04, 2014, 10:18:42 am
Not a true dwarf, teaching another not true dwarf things.
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Ravager Zero on February 04, 2014, 10:29:22 am
@Narric: Yes, you and Hector can go shopping.
I don't think I ever worked out a wealth score for Atlas though.

Alternatively, Tybalt—or a local blacksmith—could make one. If you have the time and fortitude, you could attempt to forge one yourselves. The Blacksmith's guild is always willing to help those who wish to help themselves. Just supply the materials, and some coin/tribute. They'll show you what to do.

Should I roll something like 4D10 to see how much gold I have? :P

And I assume I will have to purchase the materials from somewhere. I can't imagine people actually carrying around chunks of Iron ore, or Steel Ingots :P
3D10, but you only get to keep the highest 2. (You're a wandering mercenary, you've had a decent income, but you have to eat and pay for lodgings too. And replace broken gear every so often).

And yes, you would have to purchase the materials from somewhere. You could, in fact, purchase them from the blacksmith's guild, at a somewhat inflated price (because hey, they've gotta make a profit, and this is the good ore they're giving you).
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Ravager Zero on February 08, 2014, 06:49:26 am
Okay, so that's the largest update I've written in quite a while.
Enjoy.

Also, if you didn't have plans for what your character was doing during the day, I will assume they were doing something useful, and possibly entertaining. ;)
Additionally, you will all make it to dinner safely. SoonTM.
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: The Man They Call Jayne on February 08, 2014, 07:28:33 am
Woohoo! Dinner! Then sleep. And then, tomorrow, ADVENTURE!

Presumably we actually need something here? I have kinda forgotten exactly what we needed here. I can definitely see needing to fix Emilys mindset soon though.
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Ravager Zero on February 08, 2014, 08:12:37 am
Presumably we actually need something here? I have kinda forgotten exactly what we needed here.
Surprisingly enough, no. There's nothing you absolutely need here.

There is stuff you can find, if you go looking. Stuff that may well be very helpful on your quest.
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: InsaneTD on February 08, 2014, 09:24:54 am
If people stopped going off the tracks right Rav? :shifty:
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: The Man They Call Jayne on February 08, 2014, 10:16:26 am
You dont find things on the track. :p
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: InsaneTD on February 08, 2014, 11:21:55 am
I was talking about myself just trying to find out more about Hygar. :P
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Ravager Zero on February 08, 2014, 11:55:18 am
If people stopped going off the tracks right Rav? :shifty:
Well, actually, this time, you, of all people, had the right idea.

You have to know where to explore first.
Then you have to figure out what you're looking for.

But there's a lot more to find in the city of Hygar than you think.
Title: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Mabbz on February 08, 2014, 12:06:57 pm
Yay, I have more money! I think I have 25 gold plus however much I earnt today (19 silver, split between me and Xan). Can you edit the character sheet back into the first page somewhere? I like having it available for easy reference.
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: The Man They Call Jayne on February 08, 2014, 12:08:08 pm
Do they have any kind of Collegiate?
Title: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Ravager Zero on February 08, 2014, 12:49:20 pm
Yay, I have more money! I think I have 25 gold plus however much I earnt today (19 silver, split between me and Xan). Can you edit the character sheet back into the first page somewhere? I like having it available for easy reference.
What, so the forum can eat it again? :P

Do they have any kind of Collegiate?
A small, but respectable institute.
The Library of Arcana.

They believe in self-directed study, and "learning on the job".
Some may question their teaching methods.
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Scout Sergeant Mkoll on February 08, 2014, 12:52:03 pm
Ok, so my latest theory is either spot on and very useful, or is just me grasping at straws and could take us weeks out of our way. Either way, good to see the GM run with it. :)
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Ravager Zero on February 08, 2014, 01:40:32 pm
Ok, so my latest theory is either spot on and very useful, or is just me grasping at straws and could take us weeks out of our way. Either way, good to see the GM run with it. :)
A good DM will never, ever let a good idea go to waste.
Even if it comes from a player. :shifty:

He'll just hide it for a while, then slap the player with it when they do something stupid/brilliant. :P
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: InsaneTD on February 08, 2014, 01:56:32 pm
Yeah, but I still think I'm on a parallel track to where you want me to be. I think there is a link about Hygar's origin and done if the world building you did when Jan'us was around.
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: The Man They Call Jayne on February 08, 2014, 02:35:20 pm
Wasnt there something about that unusual map that could track the airships and a god of artifice?
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: InsaneTD on February 08, 2014, 03:03:24 pm
The Hygar local school of magic, yeah. That was something the current Hygar inhabitants built. And Jan'us was dead by then, this was when we were getting stories out of the time of the gods.
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: The Man They Call Jayne on February 08, 2014, 04:46:18 pm
I thought it was something some of you found in  Cyven? Kahlan found some Seias Bulwark, couldnt afford it, and Xan and someone found the magic map?
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: InsaneTD on February 09, 2014, 02:42:49 am
Mate, I've been mentioning the time of the gods for the last have dozen posts. :P
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: The Man They Call Jayne on February 09, 2014, 03:35:37 am
I'm not talking about the tome of gods though :p
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: InsaneTD on February 09, 2014, 07:20:19 am
Then who were you talking too?
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Ravager Zero on February 12, 2014, 12:48:01 am
Just a short post to get things moving along.

Narric, you can either re-tell a fight yourself (I'll PM you the applicable posts), or I can do it for you.
Title: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Narric on February 12, 2014, 09:39:58 am
I doupt I could do a full story justice ^_^;; thats why I only did part of a radom tale in my 1-on-1 with Rock. Plus I don't want to step on the Bestiary toes :P
Title: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: HectorSmash on February 12, 2014, 06:01:00 pm
STO-RY! STO-RY! STO-RY!
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Ravager Zero on February 17, 2014, 10:03:36 am
I'm working on the story post (just having come back from a weekend tournament at which I got utterly smashed) but it's going take a couple more days due to having to compress four combat posts into one shorter story.
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: The Man They Call Jayne on February 17, 2014, 11:45:51 am
Just make it one big post. It's always nice to see some detailed combat.
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: InsaneTD on February 24, 2014, 06:05:54 am
Gee I know how to tell a story. :P



Tybalt Defet, has a trick for every occasion. :P
Title: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Mabbz on March 02, 2014, 09:26:54 am
Tybalt Defet, has a trick for every occasion. :P
As I recall, the Rocks of Silence were my idea from ages ago, so I claim partial credit if it works :P

Edit: I just checked. It was 35 pages ago, when Kraytor first arrived.
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Ravager Zero on March 03, 2014, 10:49:54 pm
Gentlemen & Mercenaries, start your wild theories and planning session.
Title: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Narric on March 03, 2014, 11:01:49 pm
Would there be a place to do some killing for coin? Like pest control or something? I'm thinking it would give Hector and I some combat time outside of beating up companions in a sparring match, and we can give the new hammer a decent test out.

How does that sound Hector?
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: The Man They Call Jayne on March 03, 2014, 11:08:45 pm
Maybe I'll ask before just doing my own thing this time...
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: InsaneTD on March 04, 2014, 04:12:46 am
Psst... smack the wall next to the door. ;)
Title: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Mabbz on March 04, 2014, 07:17:39 am
Psst... try the handle. Or pick the lock.
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: The Man They Call Jayne on March 04, 2014, 07:47:19 am
I don't know him, and I daresay the enmeshing would prevent it
 massive overkill I can do.
Title: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: HectorSmash on March 04, 2014, 06:37:52 pm
Gah! Sorry for the long delay.

Arena fighting sounds great!
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Scout Sergeant Mkoll on March 04, 2014, 09:14:40 pm
Psst... try the handle. Or pick the lock.
We don't have a thief in the party. Oan's a Noble, and thus above such things, Marcus just smashes doors if people don't open them and Kraytor's spent so long in the wild he probably doesn't know what a lock is. :P
Title: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Mabbz on March 04, 2014, 11:32:39 pm
Ooh, a job board. I'm not entirely certain where Kahlan is at the moment, but if you could have her spot the board (as well as anyone that wants to join me) next update, I'd like a side quest. Preferably something involving a bit of RPing rather than a lot of fighting or skill checks; a mystery perhaps. Hunting down a missing person/thing?

Psst... try the handle. Or pick the lock.
We don't have a thief in the party. Oan's a Noble, and thus above such things, Marcus just smashes doors if people don't open them and Kraytor's spent so long in the wild he probably doesn't know what a lock is. :P
You still haven't tried the handle ;)

Also, it's not really useful at the moment but Kahlan probably knows the basics of how to pick locks, although she doesn't actually own any lockpicks.
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: The Man They Call Jayne on March 05, 2014, 12:39:54 am
Yay references!

And well done Rav for making my efforts look awesome :)
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: InsaneTD on March 05, 2014, 12:56:51 am
I wouldn't mind doing a bit of hunting, if there are any extermination jobs. Or I could tag along with someone.
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Scout Sergeant Mkoll on March 05, 2014, 12:57:55 am
Oh dear. It seems our habit of making a mess isn't over. :P
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Ravager Zero on March 05, 2014, 11:49:25 am
Just to clarify: You can stop Sanna's party, and/or you can ask them more questions.
Also, Narric, Hector, unless you would rather try hunting bears (unwise), I'll just continue with you trying to find the imps' hive.
RC: If you're still here, I haven't given you anything to do because, umm… because. :P
Title: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Mabbz on March 05, 2014, 01:15:45 pm
Yay, side quests! As long as Kahlan's sense of direction isn't needed, this'll be fun. Does the notice say anything about payment?
Title: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Railgun Convention on March 05, 2014, 03:52:35 pm
Eh, just throw me in Khalan's path, next time she gets a story post. Possibly stealing Xan off the arm of some fair maiden I was hoping to make an impression on. "This'd better be good..."
Title: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Narric on March 05, 2014, 04:59:10 pm
Imps sound like nice target practice ;) So long as Hector is up for it :P
Title: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: HectorSmash on March 05, 2014, 10:07:44 pm
Sure, why not! Bears are hard to smash anyway.
Title: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Narric on March 06, 2014, 08:15:01 pm
I love how a Soulstone isn't all thatimportant :P
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: InsaneTD on March 06, 2014, 10:46:00 pm
It's Hygar. What do you expect?



Someone is in for a world of pain...
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Ravager Zero on March 10, 2014, 10:34:13 am
My favourite diminutive gentlebeings, before you are eaten, perhaps you might be so good as to send me your combat actions?

Everyone else: And thus, the plot doth thickeneth.
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: The Man They Call Jayne on March 10, 2014, 10:43:06 am
Anyone get the feeling that these things are connected somehow?
Title: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: HectorSmash on March 11, 2014, 09:18:56 pm
Uh, how should I send combat actions? Three round rapid, right?
Title: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Ravager Zero on March 11, 2014, 09:36:01 pm
Uh, how should I send combat actions? Three round rapid, right?
Yes. Shoot me a PM. I already have Narric's actions.
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Scout Sergeant Mkoll on March 11, 2014, 09:59:43 pm
Anyone get the feeling that these things are connected somehow?
Ah, I wondered where Captain Obvious had got to. :P

Just a heads up btw, I'm away from tomorrow till Sunday at Hammerfest. I will try to get online on my phone, assuming I'm sober enough at any point. :P
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: InsaneTD on March 12, 2014, 02:53:34 pm
Yeah, I might not be around much either for about a week, depends how much I can use the laptop cause my phone is over data.
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Ravager Zero on March 13, 2014, 02:29:31 am
Alright, some more story for you.
Mostly fighting this update though.

Narric, Hector, once more, with feeling. ;)
Title: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Mabbz on March 13, 2014, 07:44:58 am
Do I know enough about the ritual to answer Tybalt's question? I'm guessing not, since an earlier post said I didn't know which ritual it was.
Title: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Ravager Zero on March 13, 2014, 08:28:30 am
Do I know enough about the ritual to answer Tybalt's question? I'm guessing not, since an earlier post said I didn't know which ritual it was.
Correct.
You don't know enough about the ritual to know which one it is.
You do, however, know most of what goes into it in terms of material requirements. If you told someone versed in ritual magick, they could tell you more about it. ;)
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: The Man They Call Jayne on March 16, 2014, 04:46:29 pm
People need to do things!
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: InsaneTD on March 17, 2014, 05:37:10 am
Well, we can't do much until Rav posts a story update. Rick and atlas can't do anything until Rav posts an update. That leaves you and Mkoll to do stuff.
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Scout Sergeant Mkoll on March 17, 2014, 10:14:03 pm
I'm waiting for a mage to return.

However, with Rav's permission I could use this interlude to introduce my backup character? There's not many points from Hygar onwards to randomly meet individuals I would assume.
Title: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Narric on March 17, 2014, 11:09:23 pm
However, with Rav's permission I could use this interlude to introduce my backup character? There's not many points from Hygar onwards to randomly meet individuals I would assume.
Now is the perfect time for me to reveal my huge write-up on how to include elves into the setting, along with my Outcast Theif Female Elf Character :P

Sorry, my brain had a failure.....

Who is this mysterious new comrade?
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Ravager Zero on March 18, 2014, 02:54:11 am
Story!

@Mkoll: feel free to introduce your backup then.

@Narric: No. Just, no. I'm trying to stay away from stock fantasy races. You're lucky you managed to get Dwarves in.
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Narric on March 18, 2014, 07:21:07 am
@Narric: No. Just, no. I'm trying to stay away from stock fantasy races. You're lucky you managed to get Dwarves in.
As I said, I had a brain failure :P Wasn't being serious at all ;)



Did you knock me out becuase of the Elf joke?! :P
Title: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Mabbz on March 18, 2014, 07:37:33 am
I'm guessing Ruin is another Daemon prince? I'm sure you named some of them earlier, but I can't be bothered to search through all the posts.
Title: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Ravager Zero on March 18, 2014, 08:15:10 am
I'm guessing Ruin is another Daemon prince? I'm sure you named some of them earlier, but I can't be bothered to search through all the posts.
Yes.

Ruin is to cities what Nemesis is to people.
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Scout Sergeant Mkoll on March 20, 2014, 12:03:13 am
url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4438798/]Roll: 1d8=6, 1d8=8, 1d8=6[/url]
Physical: 9
Mental: 7
Mystical: 9

Ok, general idea with my backup character given the rolls, is that he was trained shortly after Oan but, like most of the boys in Wulfstead, some of his training was done by the same guy ("Mick" Venner). Maggs was second only to Oan in terms of ability and was more open than most, including Oan, to learning about the old gods and old ways. Eventually, Maggs was hired as a guard by the Fencer family and assigned to their youngest son, Oan, as they had been good friends in the militia.

Shortly before the group met in Perro's Folly, Oan and his father had a disagreement about something or other, which turned to Oan's life choices (staying on in the militia), which turned to Oan having little to no prospects in the family business due to his eldest brother's greed and stupidity. The fight resulted in Oan leaving the next morning and winding up in Perro's when the party met.

As Oan was trekking across the countryside getting into fights with, seemingly, everyone the party could find life continued in Wulfstead, though not always smoothly. Resulting in Maggs being sent by (Lord, Baron, Count, whatever fits best) Fencer to bear tidings and ensure Oan's safe return. Or die trying.

I've not decided on what the news is yet though, hence leaving the post where it was. :P
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Ravager Zero on March 20, 2014, 03:30:40 am
That looks fine Mkoll.

Given the size and relative unimportance of Wulfstead compared to the major cities, Earl/Count (of Fencer House or whatever you decide to call the lands) seems right.
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: InsaneTD on March 22, 2014, 09:34:50 am
I'm curious, can I set Invocations as traps? I wouldn't mind laying a couple traps if I can.
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Ravager Zero on March 22, 2014, 11:05:51 am
I'm curious, can I set Invocations as traps? I wouldn't mind laying a couple traps if I can.
You can, but it makes the invocation more complex as a result.
Alternatively, you can do a little forging and make some runic traps—same results, different methodology.
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: InsaneTD on March 22, 2014, 12:30:42 pm
Yeah. Well, my idea is to set a trap that wraps people in Runic chains. Or possibly a full body cocoon trap using birkal.
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Scout Sergeant Mkoll on March 24, 2014, 09:36:36 pm
Not my best writing ever, but I've tried to explain why Maggs is several hundred miles away from his home town looking for Oan. :P

Rav: If anything doesn't fit or needs adjusting, let me know. :) Also, if you see anywhere it could be improved I'm more than happy to take suggestions on board.
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: The Man They Call Jayne on March 26, 2014, 03:37:08 am
So, what can a Shaman, or chaosigan actually do in this situation? Any kind of early warning thing? Or would I just be best used to draw more magick in for us to use, or turn into an unmaking ritual like the door? Something big and powerful we may need.

If there is nothing specific I can do I will just meditate and speed up my healing process so I don't die by tripping over a loose flagstone.
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Ravager Zero on March 26, 2014, 04:07:47 am
So, what can a Shaman, or chaosigan actually do in this situation? Any kind of early warning thing? Or would I just be best used to draw more magick in for us to use, or turn into an unmaking ritual like the door? Something big and powerful we may need.

If there is nothing specific I can do I will just meditate and speed up my healing process so I don't die by tripping over a loose flagstone.
Chaosigan, not much.
Shamans can sense signs of life nearby.
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: The Man They Call Jayne on March 26, 2014, 04:09:14 am
In that case I guess I will go and try to heal up as best I can.
Title: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Mabbz on March 26, 2014, 10:43:44 pm
Every single time I see the name "Maggs" I misread it as Mabbz.
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: InsaneTD on March 26, 2014, 11:46:47 pm
You'll have to get used to it. :P
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Scout Sergeant Mkoll on March 27, 2014, 12:14:27 am
Every single time I see the name "Maggs" I misread it as Mabbz.
Learn to read properly? :P
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: The Man They Call Jayne on March 27, 2014, 12:17:03 am
So whats the plan for this fight? We may need one this time. Right now I am just getting more magick here to make everyone feel refreshed as there will be no sleep

Also, thought, do we really want to be indoors when this happens? Can't we just rig the place with enough exploding runes and then trick them into thinking we are inside it? Could I hide our lifesigns from them while projecting fake ones? The quicker guys flank around the heavy hitters stay back and rush in after the boom. If the building is going to get trashed either way, may as well be on our terms and taking as many of them with us as possible.
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: InsaneTD on March 27, 2014, 09:47:34 am
Yeah... Not sure the guild would like that idea too much. you'd also damage or destroy a LOT of the stuff we are trying to stop them stealing. You know, the stuff that is worth more then the average skilled work will earn in four or five years.
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: The Man They Call Jayne on March 27, 2014, 04:36:27 pm
Start moving the stuff out to a safer place for now then. This is gonna get messy.
Title: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Mabbz on March 27, 2014, 08:30:22 pm
Since we don't know exactly what they're after, we can't move it out. If we accidentally move the thing they want, we won't be guarding it anymore.
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: InsaneTD on March 28, 2014, 01:13:02 am
That also take more time and organisation then we have right now.
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Ravager Zero on April 01, 2014, 02:14:52 am
Sorry it's so short, but now you all have a chance to get something done. ;)
Title: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Mabbz on April 01, 2014, 07:06:59 am
Damn it, where's Galithir when you need him  ::)

Three rounds rapid time?
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Ravager Zero on April 01, 2014, 07:51:44 am
Three rounds rapid time?
It is indeed.

EDIT: Just waiting on TD, Mkoll and Hector now.

EDIT EDIT: Still waiting on Hector.
Title: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: HectorSmash on April 03, 2014, 07:03:32 am
Sorry bout that guys, my computer decided it wasn't going to load 2S for a few days and I have no idea why. Seems to be working now though...
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: InsaneTD on April 03, 2014, 07:13:58 am
I'm not sure how around I'm going to be until the 22nd. If the combat goes on too long, I trust Ravy Baby to handle Tybalt's actions.
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Ravager Zero on April 04, 2014, 11:31:14 am
Gentlemen… it appears you have a problem.
Title: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Mabbz on April 04, 2014, 12:29:53 pm
Well, that's probably going to hurt my surgical skills a little. Is it possible to have that finger magically reattached? Also, I'm not entirely sure how I lost it in the first place. Which hand is it?
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: InsaneTD on April 04, 2014, 01:20:11 pm
It got sucked into a portal to another location.
Title: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Mabbz on April 04, 2014, 01:41:15 pm
Ok, now I'm suddenly worried that Kahlan's finger was deliberately chopped off to be used in the ritual. Of course it's fairly unlikely to be the case since they could have more easily taken a finger from some random stranger, but I couldn't help thinking of it. If that is the case, she will not be pleased, and I'll be happy to have an interesting situation to roleplay.
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: InsaneTD on April 04, 2014, 01:54:56 pm
The way I read it, you were just silly enough to swing your blade into the portal. Lucky you didn't lose your hand.
Title: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Ravager Zero on April 04, 2014, 09:31:25 pm
Well, that's probably going to hurt my surgical skills a little. Is it possible to have that finger magically reattached? Also, I'm not entirely sure how I lost it in the first place. Which hand is it?
It was the little finger on your right hand.
And Tybalt has it right, the portal closed while your blade (and finger) were still in it. It was not taken as part of the ritual, it was just bad luck.
Title: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Mabbz on April 04, 2014, 10:58:03 pm
That makes more sense. Ah well, she'll live, although I imagine she'll be quite cross when she properly comprehends what happened.

Also, I think I may be too invested in my character. I kept on subconsciously flexing my fingers for a few hours after reading about the injury.
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: The Man They Call Jayne on April 05, 2014, 08:52:33 am
Yeah, I felt genuinely sad when Ja'nus died, so you aren't the first.
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: InsaneTD on April 05, 2014, 09:16:48 am
I think we all did. That was a sad moment.
Title: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Narric on April 09, 2014, 08:12:35 pm
I suddenly don't know what to say in response to Hector last post :P
Title: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: HectorSmash on April 09, 2014, 10:17:53 pm
Rock asks the deep questions.
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: The Man They Call Jayne on April 12, 2014, 10:15:14 am
I shall be away for the weekend so GM feel free to move Kraytor about as needed. If combat happens you know how I like to do it.
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Ravager Zero on April 21, 2014, 01:07:26 pm
I know my updates are few and far between these days, but I will continue this until the story is properly resolved.

The main reason for my slowness in updating is that other thing I'm writing over at Fanfiction.net. Over 115k words and counting.
The other reason is I'm playing too much Titanfall. And working on a Kings of War army. And two Dropzone Commander armies. And three Infinity armies. And… you get the picture.
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: InsaneTD on April 21, 2014, 01:50:01 pm
You are stretching yourself thin.
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Narric on April 21, 2014, 08:26:07 pm
And working on a Kings of War army. And two Dropzone Commander armies. And three Infinity armies. And… you get the picture.
And what excuse do you have for not posting piccys? I wanna see these armies now dude :P
Title: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: HectorSmash on April 23, 2014, 06:31:27 am
My computer's deciding to be a chode and not let me use 2S sometimes. If I take ages to post, well, that's why. Sorry in advance  :(
Title: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Railgun Convention on May 12, 2014, 08:18:05 pm
Random thought: Is telepathy/mental communication available in any way in this world?
Title: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Ravager Zero on May 12, 2014, 09:53:23 pm
Random thought: Is telepathy/mental communication available in any way in this world?
With summoned creatures, yes.
Otherwise, no, the best you get is Shamanism to influence emotion, or Illusionism to plant ideas/falsehoods in other minds. Both are based more on intent than actual words.
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: InsaneTD on May 29, 2014, 11:51:34 pm
Does anyone other then Xan actually know Frank's name?
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Ravager Zero on May 30, 2014, 02:35:41 am
Does anyone other then Xan actually know Frank's name?
Frank's actual name?
No.

The fact Xan has called him Frank/Larry/Something, yes.
Title: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Railgun Convention on May 30, 2014, 04:36:04 pm
To be fair, I'm not sure I remember its actual name either :P
Title: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Narric on October 29, 2014, 08:00:16 pm
Is [member=4]Ravager Zero[/member] taking a long hiatus?

I hope he is alright. I'd rather pester him through here than on FB :P
Title: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: Mabbz on October 29, 2014, 09:50:07 pm
Well according to his profile he was online only three days ago. So it seems he does still check in, but I don't know about if he's ever going to continue this.
Title: Re: Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]
Post by: InsaneTD on November 17, 2014, 08:41:06 am
For HectorSmash and the others who might not have seen this on Facebook. http://firmament.boards.net/