News:

For the most up to date reports about what is going on with the forum, and the latest topics of interest, throw us a like on Facebook, and if you're wanting some light banter with the seasoned and spiced members, join the Second Sphere Members Group.

Main Menu

Dawn and Dusk - a My Little Pony Roleplay (Sign up and OOC thread)

Started by Mabbz, February 10, 2013, 10:00:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Waaaghpower

Super Mario 3D World is The. Best. Thing.

Mabbz

I'll wait a day or two for KoM to respond, then send you on your way.

kingofmonkeys

sorry got pulled over to a friends house for a few days hadn't seen him in a long time I will have a post up in a few hours

Quote from: Minako on February 22, 2007, 04:43:31 PM
I'll be under your bed!! So watch out! I poke!
#15 to the new world

Mabbz

Right... I didn't see that coming. KoM, I'll let you come up with some kind of reaction to suddenly finding yourself awake with a hangover in a room containing strangers, royal guards and a Princess. Enjoy.

Oh, and if you have any questions then try to work them into your next post. I plan to send you all to the armoury in my next post.

Waaaghpower

Question: are the Wonderbolts around? And if not, what is the nearest equivalent?
Super Mario 3D World is The. Best. Thing.

Mabbz

Hmm... I'm going to say that yes, the Wonderbolts do exist, along with the Shadowbolts, as elite members of the Day and Night Guard respectitively (although the latter stay out of the spotlight, so only the Wonderbolts put on shows).

kingofmonkeys

Quote from: Mabbz on March 08, 2013, 12:18:54 PM
Right... I didn't see that coming. KoM, I'll let you come up with some kind of reaction to suddenly finding yourself awake with a hangover in a room containing strangers, royal guards and a Princess. Enjoy.
cracks his knuckles now it's my time to shine

#15 to the new world

Mabbz

Tell the guards what you want and then I'll start the quest. I'd better get to work on your map, since I'm going to give you a choice of routes.

Mabbz

Minrat, if you want to make your own armour, don't make a post about it just yet. I'm going to want you to roll some dice to see how well it goes and how long it takes, and I need to have a think about what dice you'll need, which I don't have time for right now. Worst case scenario, it goes wrong and the armour is ruined so you have to choose ready made stuff, and your character is exhausted in the morning (and possibly has a few minor burns or whatever).

Minrat

Fair enough.

I'm not sure about online dice where you can see the results, but for the purposes of staying in character I thought it would be better.

I do have a full set of physical dice.  I suppose I can film myself rolling if you need proof that i rolled what i did.

kingofmonkeys

as for rolling dice http://www.wizards.com/dnd/dice/dice.htm or set up a campaign on roll20 both are reliable. I assume for armor there is some sort of basic heavy barding and maybe a club or something

#15 to the new world

Mabbz

I personally use this for online dice rolling: http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/

When you roll it gives the result in several different formats, including bbcode like this 1d20=13, 1d20=4 which is handy.

Now then, your armour. For this - and most other dice rolls - you will need to roll two d20s.

The first roll is to see if you succeed, so if you roll equal to or under your Intelligence stat (in this case) you succeed in making the armour. Otherwise you fail and have to either use off the shelf armour or try again (which will take more time and leave you more tired).

The second dice roll determines how big your success or failure was. In this case,  if you succeed with your first dice and get a 3 on your second, then your armour is poor quality and you are really tired. If you got a 17 instead, you make some high quality armour very efficiently.

On the other hand, if you fail then get a 3, not only is the armour useless, but you also injure yourself making it. A 17 here would mean you make your mistake early on and don't waste any time, and also some of the materials are still useable. Either way, I'm not making up a table so you will have to use you own judgement (I'll correct you if you misinterpret the dice).

If you want, I can roll the dice for you this time to show you how it's done.

Incidentally, here is your map. It's loosely based on a map that was released as a poster by Hasbro. The only road to Canterlot is via Trottingham, or you go cross country, through the Everfree forest or wherever. For reference, if Ponyville existed in this time, it would be on the northern edge of the forest.
Spoiler

Minrat

While I couldn't login after making an account for some reason, i hope this link works and the results hang about a bit.

I'm a lucky ducky.  (i think-i assume the one on top represents the 1st roll)

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3967014/

Also-as i have decided to only modify existing armor, do i get a bonus to my roll :P?

heres my character as well-i assume future rolls under same name?

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/search/1204506/

Mabbz

I don't actually have an account, I just do one off rolls and post them. Maybe I should consider an account...

Now, on to your rolls. Generally any modifiers would go on the first roll, so they wouldn't help you here since you passed so spectacularly. Here is the run down:

The roll of "1" means it was a success, nothing more nothing less (you better hope you haven't used up all you good luck on this :P).

The "19" means you made, with effortless skill, an almost flawless piece of armour. You will get some nice bonuses in combat for it. You can either write up a post to showcase your fabulosity (a short post about you making it and the guard looking on in awe) or I can include it in my next story post.

By the way, you can only roll dice when you know what the outcome is. You know everything that could happen when making armour, so you can roll this yourself, but if you were trying to get information out of an NPC then I would have to roll it because I know all the modifiers, potential extra dice rolls and results that would be involved in it.

Finally, in future I'd prefer to have dice rolls in the RP thread. It makes it easier to know what dice are for what action. If you write a post about this then please include the dice rolls.

Mabbz

Right, on Tuesday I am going to send you on your way. So those of you that haven't grabbed some gear have until then (if you don't I'll just give you some basic travelling clothes).

I also need to know which way you are going. I gave you the map earlier, now you need to decide amongst yourself how to proceed. I don't mind if you discuss it in the RP thread, this thread or both, but I'd like an answer by Tuesday so I know what to write.

Here's a few things to consider:
- The more time you spend in the Everfree forest, the more chance of running into various dangerous monsters, plants and other stuff.
- That hilly region on the other side of the Everfree mountains? Diamond dog territory. That's where Rarity got foalnapped. Make of that what you will.
- Trottingham is very much out of your way, and no matter where you go there is always a chance of a random encounter. That said, it probably is the safest route. Maybe. :shifty:
- The most direct route (through the forest) will take about 2.5-3 days to get to Canterlot. Going via Trottingham will probably take about a week.