News:

Cammerz brings us some fantastically painted and customised Alpha Legion. Check out their work with detail shots and design insight.

Main Menu

Warlords Contest 2013 [Rules]

Started by Narric, March 01, 2013, 05:23:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Narric

The Warlord is The greatest warrior or a given army. They command without question.

Hey Guys, welcome back to the contests! Time to truly dust off the paints, and clean those crusty brushes (though if they're crusty, it may be easier to replace them :P). For the first contest of 2013, we're opening up with The Warlords Contest, to show off the Greatest Commanders/General/Leaders you, the Hobbyist, have created. Time for you to show off those beautifully converted and painted models and/or squads that mark the epitomy of skill and/or wargear of your chosen army/race/faction.
This contest also marks the begining of a truly open playing field. No longer are you limited to the range provided by Games Workshop, and Forge World. Yes, thats right. Have no fear for showing your Warmchine/Hordes minatures, or that inspirational figure from the Infinity range.

Dates:
- Entries can be submitted via a PM to Narric (Me) from March 1st until April 20th.
- Voting will take place from April 21st until April 29th.
- Winners shall be announced on April 30th.

Prizes:
1st Place = Dice & £10 e-voucher to spend on products from Zealot Miniatures
2nd Place = Dice & One Bag of Mixed Bits, supplied by Blitz Box
3rd Place = Dice

Along with Physical prizes, Award Seals will also be granted to the Top 3 Entrants.

And here is a picture of the Custom Second Sphere Dice up for grabs;

Rules:
- The Warlord may not be a named Special Character.
- The Unit must be Game-legal. This includes any Transports that the unit would normally be assigned.
- Up to Three Picture may be submit. You are limited to 800 x 600 pixels for picture dimensions.
- Depending on numbers, Voting may be split in Master and Novice tiers. This is decided by a panel of Judges, not a single person.
- All Models must be fully Painted.

To give an example for younger Contestants, The Warlord can be a Model or Squad from the HQ section of Warhammer 40k, a Lord or Hero from Warhammer Fantasy, and for others games, is generally the one who is incharge of the force.
If you're unsure if your entry qualifies, don't hesitate to ask here, or take it to Personal Messages with you Contest Committee Member of Choice.

Good luck to everyone who is planning on entering. :D

Zen

Arguleon-veq

I may give it a try even though I suck at painting. Mainly because I really want some of those dice!
X-Wing Tournaments;
1st - 38
11th - 33

Narric

Quote from: Finn on March 01, 2013, 07:37:59 PM
I might actually enter this.
Awesome :D

Quote from: Arguleon-veq on March 01, 2013, 08:30:47 PM
I may give it a try even though I suck at painting. Mainly because I really want some of those dice!
Well, there are plenty of chances :P

Will's on Fire

Definitely worth a go this one! Now to make time for painting... :-\

- Will

Ravager Zero

I have 2 models I could enter in this.
Hmm, decisions, decisions...
Rav's Awesome Card Counter: +2

Quote from: Kane
...and whipped cream, a bottle of baileys, seven pairs of non-matching shoes, a combine harvester, a box of matches, and three indie rock bands drunk off their skull is technically acceptable on private property.

The Allfather

I'll be entering. Better get my paints back out!

Osiris

im thinking of entering this. and there is plenty of time to do it too!!!
IF - 5k
UM - 2k
Eldar - 2k

InsaneTD

I've got a model I'll be entering. It'll get me motivated to highlight and base it. :P

Jonagon

Its not worth it! my set Always Roll ones!  :P

Narric

Quote from: Jonagon on March 02, 2013, 08:12:20 PM

Its not worth it! my set Always Roll ones!  :P
Blame the Dice Gods, not thy Dice :P

Minrat

I know what i'm doing this friday....bout time my commander was painted :P

knightperson

I was going to ask "how about I misspell warlord as warlock since it's pretty close", but you seem to have covered that already. Looking forward to seeing a nice wide variety of stuff: Warmahordes, Warhammer Fantasy, maybe even some Dystopian Legions. It would probably be stretching the definition of warlord beyond its elastic limit to claim that it includes Firestorm Armada or Dystopian Wars dreadnoughts though!
Cured of what I'm suffering from, but suffering from the cure.

Narric

Quote from: knightperson on March 05, 2013, 09:53:31 PM
I was going to ask "how about I misspell warlord as warlock since it's pretty close", but you seem to have covered that already. Looking forward to seeing a nice wide variety of stuff: Warmahordes, Warhammer Fantasy, maybe even some Dystopian Legions. It would probably be stretching the definition of warlord beyond its elastic limit to claim that it includes Firestorm Armada or Dystopian Wars dreadnoughts though!
Any pointers for other game systems will be much appreciated. IT will help for decidig what can be entered into later contests. This is sort of free-for-all, as a Force leader can be pretty much anything, even in the confines of 40k.

And what are you talking about? Warlords and Warlocks are the same thing, aren't they? ;)

Narric

Contest Reminder.

Entries for the Warlords Contest need to be submited before April 21st.

Current entry total means we probably won't do the Warlords contest, and the Entrant(s) who have taken the time to submit their work will be judged by Committee, and not Community.

Sorry to be a bit forceful, but I can see a lot of people say they have interest, and its a larger number then how many have actually entered.

Narric