News:

Cammerz brings us some fantastically painted and customised Alpha Legion. Check out their work with detail shots and design insight.

Main Menu

Changes to online ordering etc.

Started by Saulus, March 21, 2013, 07:01:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Saulus

I learned today that policies are yet again changing at the end of this quarter for GW. Starting in June (I believe) Online sotres will not be permitted to sell GW products. GW reserves the only online sale of their products to their website.

A full response and discussion was on Miniwargaming. They are also having a sale on their GW stock, but of course since you can't ship outside your COUNTRY either, this is only useful for those of us in Canada.

There are a few other changes mentioned as well, none particularly well explained (or thought out in my humble opinion). Feel free to check it out.
No fear. No mercy. No matter what.

Narric

Hey, yet another nail in the GW coffin :P

The Allfather

Yeah, they sure are making it hard for me to buy their product. Not that I am buying anything right now anyway, since I've come down with a case of the Poor.

Railgun Convention

I haven't bought any in years - I keep getting an It'sAnExpensiveFrikkin'HobbyException every time I try to get back in.
So how many crashes have I survived now?

pepsi

Miniwargaming is closing it seems. Curious how the Warstore will be doing.

www.rgdgaming.com, Helping You Find Cool Toys, Anime Movie Memorabilia, PC Games and Comics.

Saulus

Quote from: pepsi on March 22, 2013, 03:07:33 AM
Miniwargaming is closing it seems. Curious how the Warstore will be doing.

MWG commented on that. While they typically did not (could not) compete with them, they suspect that the Warstore will also either scale back or convert the way they do business. There are other things bedsides GW that they both sell, so the site will still be there. But having no online sale is pretty bad. Although I BELIEVE that you can have an online catalog complete with prices, but no STORE. Customers would phone or email in an order and it would be processed manually.
No fear. No mercy. No matter what.

InsaneTD

That will be an expensive and time consuming process. Bet the prices go up if they do that.

pepsi

The warstore sells a lot of things, but I was concerned because their "bread and butter" was warhammer 40k. They also wholesale the product to, similar to alliance through a partner site. They had a warehouse for just the occasion.
www.rgdgaming.com, Helping You Find Cool Toys, Anime Movie Memorabilia, PC Games and Comics.