News:

Cammerz brings us some fantastically painted and customised Alpha Legion. Check out their work with detail shots and design insight.

Main Menu

New Eldar Stuff (PICS)

Started by Begel Dverl, May 19, 2013, 02:30:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Begel Dverl

I present to you, the Wraithknight.

Spoiler

Also, the new codex. And supplement.

Spoiler

BigToof

I just...

Yeah, Knight and Riptide.

This is going to be fun :)

Best,
-BT
BigToof Points:

Cammerz: 8
Waaaghpower: 1
The Man They Call Jayne: 3
Mabbz: 6
Archon Sharrek: 3

Railgun Convention

So that's the Dreadknight, the Cataclysm, and now the Wraithknight. Monstrous Creatures for all?
So how many crashes have I survived now?

Mabbz

Wait, a supplement? Awesome. If Eldar get them, then IG will too, eventually.

Quote from: Railgun Convention on May 19, 2013, 03:31:43 PM
So that's the Dreadknight, the Cataclysm, and now the Wraithknight. Monstrous Creatures for all?
In fairness, Eldar already had some MCs.

salamut2202

The trygon, the dreadknight, the riptide.....

I know, I know, the rule of cool but is one of the new concept designers like 13 or something? Are we all going to cop a 5" tall model?

(yes, the trygon existed before but I don't think it needed to be in this level of play. Than again 6th edition seems to be making a lot of expansions reduntant)

Will's on Fire

Quote from: salamut2202 on May 20, 2013, 02:57:05 AM
I know, I know, the rule of cool but is one of the new concept designers like 13 or something? Are we all going to cop a 5" tall model?

I think what you just did there was name the target market for GW these days. :P

- Will

The Man They Call Jayne

Ok, is it only me who cant see any links up there?
Jaynes Awesome Card Counter: +5

Secondspheres Crash Card Counter +4

The Man They Call Jayne

Ok, that looks worrying. . .
Jaynes Awesome Card Counter: +5

Secondspheres Crash Card Counter +4

salamut2202

But the direction that GW are taking recently implies that bigger is awesomer. :P

Deraj

So... the fluff for it is that an eldar pilot is stuck in there with the spirit of it's dead twin? Ignoring the the creepiness behind that, the logistics behind it are just crazy.

Restayvien

Can't decide how I feel about this to be honest. Looks a bit too much like a toy/action figure (rich coming from a 40k fan I know...). It might grow on me, maybe after I've seen some different colour schemes on the thing.

Quote from: salamut2202 on May 20, 2013, 01:37:07 PM
But the direction that GW are taking recently implies that bigger is awesomer. :P

Well convincing people of that seems to have been their prime goal for some time. Bigger models = bigger bucks!

Arkitek

Quote from: Deraj on May 20, 2013, 02:53:07 PMSo... the fluff for it is that an eldar pilot is stuck in there with the spirit of it's dead twin? Ignoring the the creepiness behind that, the logistics behind it are just crazy.
...This is just silly.
"Of course I forgive you. That is your god's function. Your crime is forgiven. However, your stupidity requires a response." - Leto Atreides II, God Emperor of Dune

Irisado

A poor model, with a questionable narrative underpinning it in my view.

It looks too Tau like for my tastes, so I won't be buying it.  It's great news for my bank balance though, so I'm not complaining.
Soñando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente

Masked Thespian

Hey guys.

I know this is News and Rumours, and that the whole point of it is to share upcoming models, but with the recent issues that Bell of Lost Souls and Faeit212 had recently for doing the same thing I've had to delete the posts with pictures from an upcoming White Dwarf, because I sure as heck don't want the Banhammer of GW coming down on us here at 2S.

I really am sorry about this.
Regards,
MT.
Quote from: Ravager Zero
Freaking mod-ninja. :P

Although, given that you're in Japan now, I suppose that's entirely legit. :shifty:

Begel Dverl

Quote from: Masked Thespian on May 20, 2013, 05:25:48 PM
Hey guys.

I know this is News and Rumours, and that the whole point of it is to share upcoming models, but with the recent issues that Bell of Lost Souls and Faeit212 had recently for doing the same thing I've had to delete the posts with pictures from an upcoming White Dwarf, because I sure as heck don't want the Banhammer of GW coming down on us here at 2S.

I really am sorry about this.
I don't mind, you're just doing your job.

At least you couldn't see the pics in the first place :P