News:

Cammerz brings us some fantastically painted and customised Alpha Legion. Check out their work with detail shots and design insight.

Main Menu

My Little Warhorse - Short Story Crossover Contest [Rules]

Started by Narric, October 01, 2013, 09:58:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Narric

You all knew this would happen. Yet another contest, just for fun.

Rules:

• Minimum 100 words, up to a maximum of 1000 words
  • Must be connected to at least one Wargame (Warhammer 40k/Fantasy, Warmachine/Hordes, Infinity, Warpath, Kings of War.
  • There must be Pony. Either your chosen game Ponyfied, or characters from MLP-verse entering the game-verse of your choice.

Dates:
- Entries can be submitted via a PM to Narric (Me) from October 1st until October 21st.
- Voting will take place from October 22nd until October 30th.
- Winners shall be announced on October 31st.

Prizes:
The Protagonist(s) of the winning entry drawn by Harmonic

Mabbz

I feel I should point out that dozens of 40k/MLP crossovers already exist, and I'm fairly sure the name My Little Warhorse is already taken. Also, you are about to be lynched by Jayne and Mkoll and possibly others

Narric

Quote from: Mabbz on October 01, 2013, 10:29:55 AM
I feel I should point out that dozens of 40k/MLP crossovers already exist, and I'm fairly sure the name My Little Warhorse is already taken. Also, you are about to be lynched by Jayne and Mkoll and possibly others
I don't actually read much fan-fic, crossovers or otherwise, so I claim ignorance to the existance of other cross-fics already in around and their names.

Jayne and Mkoll aren't that scary :P

This one is just for fun anyway, so they can just chill :P

Mabbz

OK, but maybe the next time you do a crossover competition you should do Firefly or something, just to keep them happy  ;)

Also, 500 words isn't very much. I get that this is just for fun, but I would suggest up to 1000 for this and the short story competition, and up to at least 5000 for the long story contest.

Narric

I figured I'd get MLP out the way first. I'm alright with Firefly being the next Crossover contest ^_^

I'll take your word on the limits. I'll make the changes now.

The Man They Call Jayne

*enters the room and looks around*

Sigh. . .sure would be nice if I had some grenades. . .

*leaves the room*
Jaynes Awesome Card Counter: +5

Secondspheres Crash Card Counter +4

Narric

Well, one person I've contacted has agreed to offer an Artistic prize for this contest.

Link to their DA: http://gwarrior456.deviantart.com/

Quote from: The Man They Call Jayne on October 01, 2013, 12:24:07 PM
*enters the room and looks around*
Sigh. . .sure would be nice if I had some grenades. . .
*leaves the room*
::) You can be such a joy to be around XD

The Man They Call Jayne

Jaynes Awesome Card Counter: +5

Secondspheres Crash Card Counter +4

Narric

Quote from: The Man They Call Jayne on October 01, 2013, 09:20:49 PM
You didn't hire me to talk pretty :P
You haven't finished the job, so don't expect to get paid already ;)

Narric

Thantos

Quote from: Narric on October 05, 2013, 09:26:18 AM
Might get some interesting folks come by :)
As long as we dont get an influx of these-sort-of-people and have to start calling it Second Saddle  :shifty:

Narric

Quote from: Thantos on October 05, 2013, 09:53:23 AM
Quote from: Narric on October 05, 2013, 09:26:18 AM
Might get some interesting folks come by :)
As long as we dont get an influx of these-sort-of-people and have to start calling it Second Saddle  :shifty:
I'm going to assume it will be the Writers we'll attract, more than just regular Bronies & Pegasisters.

Second Saddle sounds more adult than it is, but it would be an interesting name for a Brony run Wargame forum :P

I do hope our regular members behave themselves by the way. We'll come off as very closed and/or elitist if we act superior, just because we're not all Bronies. I hope I don't have to excercise forced love & tolerence on you guys ;)

Kur'os

Quote from: Thantos on October 05, 2013, 09:53:23 AMAs long as we dont get an influx of these-sort-of-people and have to start calling it Second Saddle  :shifty:

I think I just threw up a little...

-Kur'os

Begel Dverl

The only time I feel like I can enter a contest, my story is too long!

I can never win!  :-\

Narric

At present I only have one entry, so I'm happy enough to lift the upper limit if it helps you enter ^_^