News:

For the most up to date reports about what is going on with the forum, and the latest topics of interest, throw us a like on Facebook, and if you're wanting some light banter with the seasoned and spiced members, join the Second Sphere Members Group.

Main Menu

The Eldar Alliance vs SCREAMERSTAR in "Grot and a Hard Place" (1500, 10/16)

Started by BigToof, October 17, 2013, 03:54:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arguleon-veq

Ive been wanting to run Eldar with lots of big squads of Warp Spiders, always been my fave aspect and they are very effective too now. I think 3x9 with lots of Bikers would make a fun and effective 'in your face' force, imagine all that in some Tau lines turn 2 with all of the 'almost rending' it has.

I cant afford to go buy another 20 Warp Spiders and another 20 Bikes though :P

I think one squad is always a fun addition to any Eldar list though so maybe give them a go?
X-Wing Tournaments;
1st - 38
11th - 33

BigToof

You know, that is an interesting idea.
I've always thought about Spiders, but they do get taken down by Helldrakes and the like, which of course can be mitigated by taking more than one squad.
It's just that everything they do can be kind of done with a Wave Serpent (i.e. lots of S7).  Granted they also have the potential to sort of rend, but I'm not sure if that's enough to make them stand out.

Do you ever do anything more than just deep strike in hopes to get rear armor?  I don't use them much and that's all I ever did with them...

Best,
-BT
BigToof Points:

Cammerz: 8
Waaaghpower: 1
The Man They Call Jayne: 3
Mabbz: 6
Archon Sharrek: 3

Arguleon-veq

I dont think they should be deepstriking really, they are super fast now and their threat range has increased thanks to being able to run before they shoot and their jump generators means they should never really get charged by what they are shooting at.

I just think they are the ideal monster/heavy infantry hunter. Wave Serpents struggle against 2+ Saves so I think Spiders fill a role in dealing with saves like that thanks to their rending [almost rending anyway].
X-Wing Tournaments;
1st - 38
11th - 33

BigToof

Hmm, an interesting idea.
It does have the problem of needing 6's to be truly devastating, but I suppose that can be said for most of the Eldar units.
You know, I think I understand why the Council is so popular in tournaments:
It's a big elite killer.
When it works, it wins big, and that's what you need at the tournaments.  Max points for complete domination.

For friendly games, I think I might not go that route.  At least not too often :)

Best,
-BT
BigToof Points:

Deraj

That was a great story, I love the fluff of your battle reports and am more than happy to see someone down that screamstar. I've been running into more than a little trouble with it with my iron warriors. That thing loves eating MEQs...

Spiders Ive actually seen do some amazing things recently. That being said... I just love seeing someone still running dark eldar.

Chicop76

Hello biggy hope you doing well before Christmas.  If it makes you feel better this couple of months been bad for me. You know it's bad if you don't 40k over a month.

Anyway I just wanted to say a few things.

1. Daemons can have two plus invulnerable saves with a roll on the warpstorm table.

2. Why he didn't beam your deathstar with Fateweaver.  One of the Tzeentch powers is a beam at ap 2 which whould had really hurted you, followed up with an ap 1 small blast. It looked like he could had taken advantage of you bunched up like that after attacking the hounds. Due to Fateweaver being master 4 deny is only on a 5 and I don't think a possible 6 feel no pain would had helped you.

3. After seeing what happened to the hounds reminds me why I have two daemonette squads ready to counter charge.

4. I was wondering if he could had done the flyby hits with the screamers. It would had helped.

5. Oh this is my first time seeing someone get 2 for instability.

6. Is it me or it seems he rolled really bad.

7. Unless Fateweaver have invisibility and lighting speed he does really bad in combat. If he has those two buffs he can hit on 4s and have a possible 5 smash attacks on the charge.

8. Taking out his screamer star and hound squad really did him in.

BigToof

Quote from: Deraj on December 04, 2013, 06:14:24 PM
That was a great story, I love the fluff of your battle reports and am more than happy to see someone down that screamstar. I've been running into more than a little trouble with it with my iron warriors. That thing loves eating MEQs...

Spiders Ive actually seen do some amazing things recently. That being said... I just love seeing someone still running dark eldar.

Thanks Deraj!
I'm glad the fluff sat well with you.
As for the Eldar and Screamerstar...
Well, something potentially nastier just came out.
Now that you can take Revenants, I'll just hit that star with my 4 large template D weapons and take it out in a single turn!
No saves (including invuls) for it, and as the Titan is "only" 900 points, it's only a few hundred more points than the star...

Sigh...

But, in all seriousness, I love Dark Eldar for both their fluff and their awesome shooting/assault, so they'll be around for a while.

Quote from: Chicop76 on December 05, 2013, 06:45:56 AM
Hello biggy hope you doing well before Christmas.  If it makes you feel better this couple of months been bad for me. You know it's bad if you don't 40k over a month.

Anyway I just wanted to say a few things.

1. Daemons can have two plus invulnerable saves with a roll on the warpstorm table.

2. Why he didn't beam your deathstar with Fateweaver.  One of the Tzeentch powers is a beam at ap 2 which whould had really hurted you, followed up with an ap 1 small blast. It looked like he could had taken advantage of you bunched up like that after attacking the hounds. Due to Fateweaver being master 4 deny is only on a 5 and I don't think a possible 6 feel no pain would had helped you.

3. After seeing what happened to the hounds reminds me why I have two daemonette squads ready to counter charge.

4. I was wondering if he could had done the flyby hits with the screamers. It would had helped.

5. Oh this is my first time seeing someone get 2 for instability.

6. Is it me or it seems he rolled really bad.

7. Unless Fateweaver have invisibility and lighting speed he does really bad in combat. If he has those two buffs he can hit on 4s and have a possible 5 smash attacks on the charge.

8. Taking out his screamer star and hound squad really did him in.

Hi Chicop,
Actually, I'd feel better if other people were doing well, as I'm usually more cheered up by hearing that things are going well for others.
But, thank you for the sympathetic words.

I agree with most of your points.
The reason why he didn't beam was that the Council was locked up with a single hound.
As far as I know, I don't think you can beam into close combat...

He rolled bad on a few assaults, but so did I on making those Ld checks...

Have you ever run the star?

Oh, and what do you think of the new Daemon Lord?

Best,
-BT
BigToof Points:

Chicop76

I haven't done the star yet. I prefer the cheaper hounds. However if a bunch of servo skulls pop up than I may drop hounds for screamers, thinking about plague drones too.

The new prince is silly good. I can count on invisibility always. Only problem is he is leadership 10 which messes up the Daemons warlord traits. However he would make a good ally from CSM with 50 points worth of cultists.

BigToof

You seem to echo many of the Daemon sentiments post-Inquisition codex.
The blight of servo skulls really sort of set back White Scar lists and the Khorne Dog lists pretty handily...
I really do want to see more of the new Daemon Prince, as he seems really useful as he has Eternal Warrior and all the telepathy powers, which is really all you need for a good center of your army.
Getting guaranteed puppet master on a Wraithknight, Riptide or even a super-heavy would just be hilarious.  :)

Best,
-BT
BigToof Points:

Chicop76

Yeah. He have a jink save of 3plus and can give another flyer a jink save of 2 plus. He is perfect for giving a unit 2 plus cover saves behind a unit with 2 plus invulnerable.

Personally I think he's really good. Only reliable way of killing him is grounding and mass fire. The fact he wound on 2s with armour bane is crazy at strength 7.

I am thinking about bringing back my flamers honestly.  Still debating on screamers. However I also been looking at furies to replace hounds. Thinking of Slaanesh and throwing in a Slaanesh Herald in the squad with the squad having mark of Slaanesh.

BigToof

I can see Slaanesh being pretty good if fliers come back, as there's not much better than a Slaanesh Prince with Whip for anti-air...

Best,
-BT
BigToof Points: