News:

For the most up to date reports about what is going on with the forum, and the latest topics of interest, throw us a like on Facebook, and if you're wanting some light banter with the seasoned and spiced members, join the Second Sphere Members Group.

Main Menu

Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]

Started by Ravager, November 23, 2011, 12:56:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

InsaneTD

Pfft. The guard are nothing. Lets seem him do that to a Dragoon. :shifty:

Wargamer

As I understand it, most mages can sense areas of high / low magical potency. Red Mages, drawing their power from the life-force of others (directly via the blood) would most likely be able to sense other people by that means. Of course, the question is whether they can tell the difference between a Human and an animal, or whether lone individuals or small groups can pass under the radar, so to speak.
I wrote a novel - Dreamscape: The Wanderer.. Available in paperback and pdf.

Quote from: Liberate the Warhammers
People who have no sense of Sportsmanship have NO PLACE designing any Gaming system

InsaneTD

You know, having read Rav's describtion of enmeshing metal, I'm not sure I want to know how silk is enmeshed.

Ravager Zero

Quote from: Tybalt Defet on September 10, 2012, 03:18:07 PM
You know, having read Rav's describtion of enmeshing metal, I'm not sure I want to know how silk is enmeshed.
Normally it requires a loom, a mage, and a magickal substance to be woven through the fabric substrate.

Shaya's Bulwark, however, is rather more special.
Rav's Awesome Card Counter: +2

Quote from: Kane
...and whipped cream, a bottle of baileys, seven pairs of non-matching shoes, a combine harvester, a box of matches, and three indie rock bands drunk off their skull is technically acceptable on private property.

The Man They Call Jayne

Jaynes Awesome Card Counter: +5

Secondspheres Crash Card Counter +4

InsaneTD

You're not a mage. Unless this red is your new PC? In which case, I would be worried if a red mage was needed to enmesh something. :P

The Man They Call Jayne

I suppose it depends WHAT needs enmeshing as to what kind of mage would do the job. Still, I dont recommend it. Jan'us was tired for quite a while after that whole thing. :P

The Man They Call Jayne

Double posting to avoid spamming the Enclave.

So who are we to send to meet with the assassins? My vote would come down between Oan and Tybalt. Te staff should be taken if we send Oan, as it wouldnt be classed as a weapon in the hands of a non mage. If we send Tybalt, we have to hope that there wont be any Quetus Runes to dampen his abilities as he wont be able to take his rifle or a sword.

On reflection, Oan is probably the one to sacrif-. . .send. . . :P

Scout Sergeant Mkoll

I think regardless of who goes they shouldn't be unarmed. A mage is never without weapons, why should we disadvantage ourselves when we neither know nor trust the person we're meeting or the person arranging it?
Mkoll's Awesome Card Counter: +8

May the brave be remembered forever. Farewell our friends.

Quote from: Mabbz on June 03, 2011, 10:43:53 AM
Mkoll wins.

Quote from: LordDemon
Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to catch you.

[img]http

Mabbz

I'll lend a dagger or two to whoever goes. As for who goes, I suggest Zothern. He knows as much as Oan or Tybalt, and he's basically a spare character once Jayne takes control of his new one. Besides, a guard is less valuable than a runesmith or a ranger as far as I'm concerned.

The Man They Call Jayne

Arent assassins somewhat honourable though? Nil mortificare sine lucre and all that? They need Kraytor out the way because he is causing them issues of some kind. They said send the one who was closest to Ja'nus, which wasnt Zothern.

As for being armed, one on one, or one on however many are there, which one of us other than Rehd could take on a master assassin even with a couple of daggers at hand.

We know magick can be stopped, we know there are kinds of magick in Cyven that we have never encountered, and we know that these people are VERY dangerous.

Wargamer

Rehd's always got at least one dagger on hand. ;)
I wrote a novel - Dreamscape: The Wanderer.. Available in paperback and pdf.

Quote from: Liberate the Warhammers
People who have no sense of Sportsmanship have NO PLACE designing any Gaming system

InsaneTD

2 points:

1, Tybalt can't use a mage staff. :P
2, He can send up a flare if he needs rescued. Anyone else we send would have to get back to us before we know they are in trouble.

The Man They Call Jayne

Unless they use something to supress magic. You need it, they dont.

InsaneTD

Which we would sense before hand or as it went up, either would be a sure sign I'd probably need rescued or that it was a trap. :P