News:

For the most up to date reports about what is going on with the forum, and the latest topics of interest, throw us a like on Facebook, and if you're wanting some light banter with the seasoned and spiced members, join the Second Sphere Members Group.

Main Menu

Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]

Started by Ravager, November 23, 2011, 12:56:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Man They Call Jayne

This is all going to end in tears. I can tell. And if it doesn't, it can be arranged. Lady Cyven is going to regret that silencing.
Jaynes Awesome Card Counter: +5

Secondspheres Crash Card Counter +4

Scout Sergeant Mkoll

How about we stop then end of mankind and then worry about personal slights? :P

I'm assuming that the South falling into chaos would result in the end of mankind anyway. Without trade from Cyven, Darrow etc Hygar and the other Northern cities would start to struggle for some resources as well as certain skills so it would probably only be a matter of time.
Mkoll's Awesome Card Counter: +8

May the brave be remembered forever. Farewell our friends.

Quote from: Mabbz on June 03, 2011, 10:43:53 AM
Mkoll wins.

Quote from: LordDemon
Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to catch you.

[img]http

The Man They Call Jayne

The machine is definatly going regardless. It's too powerful to leave standing and it changes the balance of power far too much. It may also lead to the dilution of essence if it ever became easier to manipulate it with machinery.

Plus, nobody silences me and gets away with it.

InsaneTD

Where are you getting this idea the machine can control essence? I didn't get that from reading the posts.

Ravager Zero

Quote from: Tybalt Defet on November 23, 2012, 01:38:05 AM
Where are you getting this idea the machine can control essence? I didn't get that from reading the posts.
But Jayne did.
And I'm going to continue being deliberately ambiguous about it, because no one present (out of you lot) can actually tell what it's for. ;)

Also, for those in combat, Three Rounds Rapid by PM please.
[Wargamer, El Shas Ocho, Skeith/Narric, Railgun Convention]
Rav's Awesome Card Counter: +2

Quote from: Kane
...and whipped cream, a bottle of baileys, seven pairs of non-matching shoes, a combine harvester, a box of matches, and three indie rock bands drunk off their skull is technically acceptable on private property.

InsaneTD

The Man They Call Jayne

Well if it serves use as a telescope, which it certainly seemed to, before it fell over through absolutly no falult of my own, it doesnt now.

The way the Lady was discussing Naturomancy led me to associate the machince, as we have had the rules of magick explained to us. Nobody can do everything properly and Naturomancy seems to be just that. Then I remebered the device that was found at the airship dock that was tracking the airships by a kind of magick that nobody present recognized.

It is probable to assume then that harnessing magick with machines is possible and a huge focussing thingy seems like a bad thing to let someone have.

Plus, as a Red Shaman, Kraytor is distrustful of most modern technology. Only simple things seems safe to him. "The old ways" are familiar, safe, and he is not a fast man to adapt because he has never needed to. His villiage was not huge, not advanced and his family were the main source of magickal power. In his mind magick is a precious and all powerful thing, not to be used by the common rabble. He is arrogant in his power and has no time for potential threats to it.

He even worships nature and the original creator, even though he doesnt know it exactly. Anything that is unnatural is inferior, and while he sees that progress is inevitable, he doesnt have to like it and only really "approves" of the simplest technology, and even that he has little use for himself.

The lack of human contact has made him reactionary aswell, so even if he didnt hate the machine, Lady Cyven just silenced him against his will and THAT will definatly not go unpunished.

InsaneTD

Yeah, Tybalt just just throw up a rune of silence over the area. That prisoner maybe a mage after all..... :shifty:

The Man They Call Jayne

Hmm, that's a point can runes be undone, or broken by non runesmiths that are still magic users?

InsaneTD

I'd just be invoking it which has a set time limit. Even inscribed runes discharge eventually. The right combo will last a long time, but will still fade.

And Rav said yesterday that a strong/powerful enough mage can break a rune. I think a non mage can in some cases but would probably end up as a smoking pair of boots as the power is released. My guess is it would short to earth through the idiot.

Edit: Rav, would the rune of indestructability mean that a blade would never nick or go blunt? Blunting of the blade is basicly it being rounded off which is a type of damage.

Ravager Zero

Quote from: Tybalt Defet on November 23, 2012, 05:53:50 PM
I'd just be invoking it which has a set time limit. Even inscribed runes discharge eventually. The right combo will last a long time, but will still fade.

And Rav said yesterday that a strong/powerful enough mage can break a rune. I think a non mage can in some cases but would probably end up as a smoking pair of boots as the power is released. My guess is it would short to earth through the idiot.

Edit: Rav, would the rune of indestructability mean that a blade would never nick or go blunt? Blunting of the blade is basicly it being rounded off which is a type of damage.
I believe I covered this earlier (like, before the meltdown), but the general idea was that while the blade would be a hell of a lot tougher than usual, and lasting a whole lot longer too, it wouldn't be literally indestructible.

...and whipped cream, a bottle of baileys, seven pairs of non-matching shoes, a combine harvester, a box of matches, and three indie rock bands drunk off their skull is technically acceptable on private property.

InsaneTD

Ravager Zero

Quote from: Tybalt Defet on November 24, 2012, 02:29:02 AM
Would it be harder to sharpen?
Yes.
The rune would make the material itself harder/more durable, so that kind of enchantment cuts both ways. ;)

InsaneTD

Thought so.

Had an idea for a rune, one that makes it harder to be disarmed. Maybe has to paired with a glove or such.

Ravager Zero

Combat post is up.
Yes, I know it took too damn long, but ESO and Narric never PM'd me anything, so I gave them an extra week's grace just in case. I just used the most sensible option for their actions, judging from past combats.