News:

Cammerz brings us some fantastically painted and customised Alpha Legion. Check out their work with detail shots and design insight.

Main Menu

Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]

Started by Ravager, November 23, 2011, 12:56:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Man They Call Jayne

You can try me. I havnt really tested Kraytor in combat yet.
Jaynes Awesome Card Counter: +5

Secondspheres Crash Card Counter +4

Ravager Zero

Rav's Awesome Card Counter: +2

Quote from: Kane
...and whipped cream, a bottle of baileys, seven pairs of non-matching shoes, a combine harvester, a box of matches, and three indie rock bands drunk off their skull is technically acceptable on private property.

Mabbz

Well, that was quite awesome. I appear to have gained the ability to use mysticism, and I'm using it to be a Jedi. Nice. Can you post up the list of canticles again? They were lost and I've forgotten what school mysticism is in.

Hey, it just occurred to me that Galithir might have been able to Jedi mind trick people with illusionism. It would appear that force is strong with their family :D.

Oh, I don't think I've mentioned it before, but Kahlan does have a surname. The reason she hasn't mentioned it is because she doesn't like being called Miss Pleasant. Galithir avoided using it too.

Ravager Zero

Quote from: Tybalt Defet on July 19, 2013, 08:46:22 AM
My reaction upon reading that update. :P
Excellent use of my second favourite show.

Quote from: Mabbz on July 19, 2013, 09:29:46 AM
Well, that was quite awesome. I appear to have gained the ability to use mysticism, and I'm using it to be a Jedi. Nice. Can you post up the list of canticles again? They were lost and I've forgotten what school mysticism is in.
Mysticism is under Deaze. It's also just a generic term I use for people's understanding of magick.

Hey, it just occurred to me that Galithir might have been able to Jedi mind trick people with illusionism. It would appear that force is strong with their family :D.
Yes, he could have.
And no. You have the wrong Disney franchise. :P

Oh, I don't think I've mentioned it before, but Kahlan does have a surname. The reason she hasn't mentioned it is because she doesn't like being called Miss Pleasant. Galithir avoided using it too.
You have not.
Now that you do, it becomes hilarious. ;)

Magic draws from Essence, a 'wind' of magic that exists in another plane, forms Skeins, can be drawn from and/or manipulated in its raw form. Can be Enmeshed into real materials, altering their properties.

Gods & Canticles of Magick

Kyron
Chaosigan = Destructive magicks
Seer = Precognition, Negative 'status' magicks

Skol - North Replaces Kyron
Cryomancer = control of ice, cold air, etc
Wilder = transformation into arcane or mundane beasts

Deaze
Shaman = Beast & Nature control (Water, Wind, Sky – Lightning; Wardances and Chants)
Mystic = Studies the heart of magic and can dispel

Jin - East Replaces Deaze
Moonsinger = healing/charming through song. Can turn ethereal when enough moon shows
Terramancer = reading the skeins, what moves them and why

Nyrvan - North Replaces Deaze
Technomancer = control over technology
Artificer = magick through creation, controls constructs of a technological nature

Rai-Tane
Pyromancer = Fire magicks
Geomancer = Earth magicks

Shaya
Illusionist = Deception and Mind magicks
Healer = Magicks of the body and soul, 'status buffs'

Eryje - East Replaces Shaya
Fulgromancer = storm magicks, initimidation
Wardancer = magick through combat, enhanced physical abilities

Morrde
Necromancer = Magicks of Undeath and Unnatural Things, spells of blood and bone
Summoner = Call upon creatures of Essence, Daemons, or Sprites, spells of Binding

Colours of Magick

White = Drawn from Life
Black = Drawn from Death
Red = Drawn from Blood
Blue = Drawn from Soul

Runic Tables

Destruction = Direct damage, physical & elemental; eg: Karazin (blast rune), Kazima (rune of gales)
Protection = Reduces damage, counters magicks, some healing, eg: Istselya (heal injuries), Vodyat (shield rune)
Alteration = Transmutes things, "status magic"; eg: Birkal (rune of growing wood), Eximus (banishing rune)
Binding = Stops things, holds souls, entraps power/Essence; eg: Kiisari (rune of chains), Clavit (lock rune)
Cornerstones = Legendary powers; eg: Cendius (rune of undying fire)
Runes of Creation = The first runes; eg: Usumbaji [think Enuncia from Ravenor]

...and whipped cream, a bottle of baileys, seven pairs of non-matching shoes, a combine harvester, a box of matches, and three indie rock bands drunk off their skull is technically acceptable on private property.

Mabbz

Hmm... As I recall, it's only possible to learn canticles from adjacent schools, so Kahlan isn't using true Mysticism. She just has a decent level of skill and understanding of how magick works. Pity, I quite like the idea of being a healer/mystic/rogue. Ah well, at least I get to play tennis with magick :).

Quote from: Ravager Zero on July 19, 2013, 10:13:53 AM
Quote from: Mabbz on July 19, 2013, 09:29:46 AM
You have not.
Now that you do, it becomes hilarious. ;)
I actually came up with that around the same time I made Kahlan. I got bored of waiting for the right moment to mention it.

Scout Sergeant Mkoll

Bloody mages get all the fun abilities. :P

Ah well, I have a plan for the ultimate boss fight already. Assuming Oan survives that long that is.

EDIT: Mabbz, you're in a smith's workshop and you're asking if there's any hammers about? Really? :P
Mkoll's Awesome Card Counter: +8

May the brave be remembered forever. Farewell our friends.

Quote from: Mabbz on June 03, 2011, 10:43:53 AM
Mkoll wins.

Quote from: LordDemon
Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to catch you.

[img]http

The Man They Call Jayne

I decided to skip the hammers :P

Well we have an excellent, if non lethal fight post again. Wooo!

Because of how the canticles are  balanced up there, I have a tricky time working out exactly what I am able to do with Kraytor. He doesn't technically fit, not like Ja'nus did. Ja'nus was simple, fire, earth, magma. Nice.

Coming up with the more exotic abilities Kraytor might have is somewhat more complex. And using some of his powers might risk harming the party at the same time and the bigger attacks tend to draw on the life energy around him.

Ravager Zero

Quote from: Scout Sergeant Mkoll on July 19, 2013, 02:13:33 PM
Being practically invisible in the woods, and trusted in any city doesn't do it for you?
Not all awesome abilities are combat related. ;)

Ah well, I have a plan for the ultimate boss fight already. Assuming Oan survives that long that is.
Prepares ton of bricks
:shifty: you saw nothing.

Quote from: The Man They Call Jayne on July 19, 2013, 02:58:01 PM
I decided to skip the hammers :P
Today we mark the hundredth anniversary of Kraytor's death. We salute the inventor of the magick hammer. [aka, the nailgun :P]

The Man They Call Jayne

See. . .now you make me want to re-write that scene so that I stack all of the planks into the right places then simply launch the nails from the other side of the yard into the wood :P

Mabbz

If that last post seemed to intellectual for a street healer, then bear in mind that Galithir wouldn't have let his only daughter grow up on the streets. I can put up a full biography if you want, but suffice it to say she had some formal training in magick (among other things) as a child.

Scout Sergeant Mkoll

Quote from: Ravager Zero on July 19, 2013, 03:13:07 PM
Quote from: Scout Sergeant Mkoll on July 19, 2013, 02:13:33 PM
Being practically invisible in the woods, and trusted in any city doesn't do it for you?
Not all awesome abilities are combat related. ;)
Trusted in any city you say? I didn't expect that. I thought that'd havea fairly limited range due to the town I'm from being quite small. By comparison anyway.

Mkoll wins.

[img]http

The Man They Call Jayne

Rangers get about, they have a reputation I would assume. They know many customs and all that jazz. Of course, that could be abused by some I suppose.

Scout Sergeant Mkoll

Abuse you say? As if any of us would ever try to abuse such things. :P

Mkoll wins.

[img]http

Ravager Zero

A small update.
Slowly bringing the group back together.