News:

For the most up to date reports about what is going on with the forum, and the latest topics of interest, throw us a like on Facebook, and if you're wanting some light banter with the seasoned and spiced members, join the Second Sphere Members Group.

Main Menu

Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]

Started by Ravager, November 23, 2011, 12:56:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

InsaneTD

I was more thinking as the joints moved they might get damaged if the armour was iced up.

Mabbz

Fair enough, I'll take some practical fur lined clothing. Although I am also tempted to buy an extravagant fur coat, the kind Cruella DeVille might wear. Probably not worth it though.

The Man They Call Jayne

A fur lined hooded travelling cloak that I can wear over my normal leather jacket will be fine. It won't interfere with my combat abilities in any real way and Kraytor is used to the cold, maybe not to this degree, but he is an outdoorsman.

Will things in Ja'nus' pouch be safe from the cold, or will it affect anything in there too?
Jaynes Awesome Card Counter: +5

Secondspheres Crash Card Counter +4

Narric

Can I just say Atlas is perfectly fine in the cold? I can't find the info I made on Dwarfs in this setting ^_^;;

Ravager Zero

Quote from: Tybalt Defet on August 25, 2013, 02:14:43 PM
I was more thinking as the joints moved they might get damaged if the armour was iced up.
The only metal armour you're wearing is a breastplate—no joints. ;)

Quote from: The Man They Call Jayne on August 25, 2013, 05:54:59 PM
Will things in Ja'nus' pouch be safe from the cold, or will it affect anything in there too?
The pouch is affected by the ambient temperature in the same way as a normal rucksack would be.
As far as I can see on the character sheets I have, there's nothing in the pouch that would be terribly affected by the cold.

Quote from: Narric on August 25, 2013, 07:12:42 PM
Can I just say Atlas is perfectly fine in the cold? I can't find the info I made on Dwarfs in this setting ^_^;;
You can say that.
I have all the info you wrote. There's nothing mentioned either way about Dwarves being resistant or vulnerable to the cold. At best, with Atlas's much stockier build, he'll be less affected by it than the others, but he'll still be affected to some degree.
Rav's Awesome Card Counter: +2

Quote from: Kane
...and whipped cream, a bottle of baileys, seven pairs of non-matching shoes, a combine harvester, a box of matches, and three indie rock bands drunk off their skull is technically acceptable on private property.

The Man They Call Jayne

I think we had some foodstuffs in there. Although the cold will actually benefit them more than harm them. Im really not sure what to do with the staff as it stands. Other than using it as a melee weapon I don't need a magickal loci as I have my tattoos, and the Eye doesn't seem to respond to me in any meaningful way.

Railgun Convention

Wasn't there a temple of Rai-Tane (sp?) in town that had a statue that was plotconveniently missing an eye? Or did everyone else miss that?
So how many crashes have I survived now?

The Man They Call Jayne

I saw it, but I took it as a reminder that Rai-Tane was watching us still. It was not Rai-Tane himself. I think he is in that huge chamber in the north east.

Ravager Zero

Quote from: Railgun Convention on August 26, 2013, 12:04:47 AM
Wasn't there a temple of Rai-Tane (sp?) in town that had a statue that was plotconveniently missing an eye? Or did everyone else miss that?
The statue was missing an eye.
Not missing the eye.

Try finding other shrines of Rai-Tane. ;)

...and whipped cream, a bottle of baileys, seven pairs of non-matching shoes, a combine harvester, a box of matches, and three indie rock bands drunk off their skull is technically acceptable on private property.

InsaneTD

Tybalt had a full suit of armour when we began. What happened to it?

Ravager Zero

Quote from: Tybalt Defet on August 26, 2013, 12:47:48 AM
Tybalt had a full suit of armour when we began. What happened to it?
You wanted a full set.
I told you about the practicalities of full plate, and you decided that just carrying around a breastplate was better. Protected all the important squishy bits.

We can always say that it was just part of a set you used while out in the world, and the rest has been at your shop until now.

EDIT: Story post is up.
You will all be enjoying taking a short ride on an airship. ;)

InsaneTD

It wasn't full plate. It was a plate chest piece, did have vambraces and greaves as well but they weren't plate. Can't remember what they were now.

Narric

What is the layout of the passenger section of the ship, and what kind of facilities are available?

I'm sruggling to think of what Atlas could be doing, that isn't just sleeping or getting drunk.

Maybe he could be trying to piss of Rehd, or the Shaman dude?

InsaneTD

I doubt there is a bar on board. :P And if he pisses off Rehd or Kaytor, he might just get a flying lesson. :P

The Man They Call Jayne

Could be interesting, although I suspect excess use of magick may bring a whole brood of dragons down upon us :P