News:

Cammerz brings us some fantastically painted and customised Alpha Legion. Check out their work with detail shots and design insight.

Main Menu

Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]

Started by Ravager, November 23, 2011, 12:56:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scout Sergeant Mkoll

Mkoll's Awesome Card Counter: +8

May the brave be remembered forever. Farewell our friends.

Quote from: Mabbz on June 03, 2011, 10:43:53 AM
Mkoll wins.

Quote from: LordDemon
Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to catch you.

[img]http

Ravager Zero

Quote from: Narric on August 30, 2013, 11:51:01 PM
What is the layout of the passenger section of the ship, and what kind of facilities are available?
Five decks.
Bottom deck off limits. Deck 2-3 cargo & fuel. Deck 4 crew, engineering & passengers. Top deck off limits.
Deck 4 layout is 16 cabins, 8 a side, central corridor. Galley at one end, access ladder to the promenade deck at the other. Aft of the galley is the engineering section, spanning the upper 3 decks and containing the engines. Forward of the access ladder is the pilothouse.
Deck 2 has cargo running down its length, covered in netting. Fuel fore and aft. Deck 2 has fuel/transported liquid at the sides and cargo down the centre again. Stairs at each end and a rope lift/dumb waiter aft of centre.

I'm sruggling to think of what Atlas could be doing, that isn't just sleeping or getting drunk.
Enjoying the view?
Polishing weapons?
Annoying the manling crew?

Maybe he could be trying to piss of Rehd, or the Shaman dude?
This vv
Quote from: Tybalt Defet on August 31, 2013, 01:29:08 AM
I doubt there is a bar on board. :P And if he pisses off Rehd or Kaytor, he might just get a flying lesson. :P

Quote from: The Man They Call Jayne on August 31, 2013, 08:40:07 AM
Could be interesting, although I suspect excess use of magick may bring a whole brood of dragons down upon us :P
:shifty:

Quote from: Scout Sergeant Mkoll on August 31, 2013, 09:44:05 AM
That's not limited to Kraytor and Rehd. :P
A new sport—Dwarf Tossing! :P
Rav's Awesome Card Counter: +2

Quote from: Kane
...and whipped cream, a bottle of baileys, seven pairs of non-matching shoes, a combine harvester, a box of matches, and three indie rock bands drunk off their skull is technically acceptable on private property.

The Man They Call Jayne

Jaynes Awesome Card Counter: +5

Secondspheres Crash Card Counter +4

InsaneTD

Ravager Zero

I know I'm terribly slow at updating this these days, but for those still following it, a new post is up.
(I've had a lot of shit to deal with in my private life recently, and it's left me with little to dedicate to online endeavours)

...and whipped cream, a bottle of baileys, seven pairs of non-matching shoes, a combine harvester, a box of matches, and three indie rock bands drunk off their skull is technically acceptable on private property.

Mabbz

Rav! You're back! And you've kidnapped Kraytor! And set three dragons on us!

I'm getting mixed messages here :P. I can't decide if you're being nice or not.

... Oh who am I kidding. The moment dragons arrived, a fight was pretty much inevitable.

Out of interest, do parachutes exist in this setting? And do I need to make any rolls to climb that ladder?

Narric

Its obvious we're in a love hate relationship with with Rav :P He loves us for being a apart of this world he has created, but he hates us because to continue means more work for him, so he's going to try and kill us off much harder than before. Dragons are probably nothing compared to what is ahead of us. I mean c'mon, there is now a Tomb that'll kill you instantly if you so much as touch it :P

I'm going to avoid wasting my bolts on the dragon, and focus on keeping them of the Airship. Not going to cut their hides, so I'll just use some blunt force on them ^_^

InsaneTD

Yeah,  Rav hasn't called for TRR, so let's try talking our way out eh guys? I don't feel like falling over a 1000ft without a chute. Especially since I'm wearing plate armour.

Railgun Convention

So, if I were to attempt to address one by name, how infinitesimally small are the chances I'd get it right?
So how many crashes have I survived now?

InsaneTD

You'd need the name of both sire and dame, as well as territory name if I read that right.

Mabbz

Slim. Stick with long, descriptive titles and a lot of flattery. In fact, if I can get off this ladder I'll do it myself. I can use it to reveal a bit more of Kahlan's background.

Ravager Zero

Quote from: Railgun Convention on November 07, 2013, 09:09:53 AM
So, if I were to attempt to address one by name, how infinitesimally small are the chances I'd get it right?
Do you have clown shoes?
(or about 0.25%) ;)

Quote from: Mabbz on November 07, 2013, 08:27:56 AM
Rav! You're back! And you've kidnapped Kraytor! And set three dragons on us!

I'm getting mixed messages here :P. I can't decide if you're being nice or not.
I had to kidnap someone. :P
I'm a DM. What's this "nice" you speak of? :shifty:

... Oh who am I kidding. The moment dragons arrived, a fight was pretty much inevitable.

Out of interest, do parachutes exist in this setting? And do I need to make any rolls to climb that ladder?
Firstly, maybe not, if you lot are smart about it.

Secondly: No, and only if you want to make it up exceedingly quickly.

Quote from: Narric on November 07, 2013, 08:31:03 AM
Its obvious we're in a love hate relationship with with Rav :P He loves us for being a apart of this world he has created, but he hates us because to continue means more work for him, so he's going to try and kill us off much harder than before. Dragons are probably nothing compared to what is ahead of us. I mean c'mon, there is now a Tomb that'll kill you instantly if you so much as touch it :P

I'm going to avoid wasting my bolts on the dragon, and focus on keeping them of the Airship. Not going to cut their hides, so I'll just use some blunt force on them ^_^
Well, all Askar said was not to touch it.
I'll let you all draw your own conclusions as to what might terrify a freaking dragon.

Quote from: The Devil on November 07, 2013, 09:08:59 AM
Yeah,  Rav hasn't called for TRR, so let's try talking our way out eh guys? I don't feel like falling over a 1000ft without a chute. Especially since I'm wearing plate armour.
Indeed I haven't. There are reasons, as stated above.
Also because having you all get eaten would be too easy. I have to give you lot of doomed[/i] misinformed adventurers a Hope Spot:shifty:

Mabbz

Let's see how this goes. Oh, as for the elocution lessons, here is some more of the backstory of Kahlan Pleasant. Marcus might know these things, but I haven't spoken much to the rest of you about my past.

Following the death of his wife, Galithir wanted revenge on the daemons. But obviously he couldn't take his baby with him, so he gave her to an elderly relative. Great aunt Helena was a bit senile. She used to be very wealthy, and had an aristocratic upbringing. She refused to let her standards fall, despite being the only member of her family still alive. As such, Kahlan was given a similar upbringing which included a number of formal lessons in etiquette, elocution, medicine (after she discovered her talent for healing) and ballroom dancing.

Kahlan was 9 when she died of some illness. It turned out she owed a lot of money for various things, so Kahlan found herself on the streets. She started out by stealing food, and it all sort of escalated from there as she fell in with street gangs, learned to fight and some other things and eventually became the healer she is today.

InsaneTD

Here's a question, is the couple ton of dragon screwing with the ships ballast?

Ravager Zero

Quote from: The Devil on November 07, 2013, 10:08:29 AM
Here's a question, is the couple ton of dragon screwing with the ships ballast?
No. Because three of them are flying, and the one on the ship is roughly over its centre of mass right now.