News:

For the most up to date reports about what is going on with the forum, and the latest topics of interest, throw us a like on Facebook, and if you're wanting some light banter with the seasoned and spiced members, join the Second Sphere Members Group.

Main Menu

Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]

Started by Ravager, November 23, 2011, 12:56:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mabbz

Rav, regarding your updates. You tend to write very long and well written story posts, and I will never complain about them. But you usually write both sides of the conversation. May I suggest just doing one side, and letting us do our own dialogue? It would make your updates considerably shorter (possibly only a few lines), allowing you to write them faster and fit them into your schedule better, meaning you could update more often. It would also let us do what we came here to do: roleplay.

Don't get me wrong, I love this RP, and I've never had a problem with the way you wrote my characters, but I think my idea might help.

The Man They Call Jayne

It might make it faster, but what we say might not fit in with where we need to go or what we need to actually accomplish at that time, thus derailing and making Rav have to spend more time getting us back on the right course.
Jaynes Awesome Card Counter: +5

Secondspheres Crash Card Counter +4

Ravager Zero

Quote from: Mabbz on November 08, 2013, 07:57:46 PM
Rav, regarding your updates. You tend to write very long and well written story posts, and I will never complain about them. But you usually write both sides of the conversation. May I suggest just doing one side, and letting us do our own dialogue? It would make your updates considerably shorter (possibly only a few lines), allowing you to write them faster and fit them into your schedule better, meaning you could update more often. It would also let us do what we came here to do: roleplay.

Don't get me wrong, I love this RP, and I've never had a problem with the way you wrote my characters, but I think my idea might help.
You have a good point there Mabbz, it's just that I tend to like writing larger stories than smaller fragments, and maybe I'm a bit selfish about it if I'm perfectly honest—I think of this story as "my" story, when I know in reality it belongs more to you, the players.

Quote from: The Man They Call Jayne on November 08, 2013, 08:07:56 PM
It might make it faster, but what we say might not fit in with where we need to go or what we need to actually accomplish at that time, thus derailing and making Rav have to spend more time getting us back on the right course.
You assume you were on the right course in the first place. :P
Rav's Awesome Card Counter: +2

Quote from: Kane
...and whipped cream, a bottle of baileys, seven pairs of non-matching shoes, a combine harvester, a box of matches, and three indie rock bands drunk off their skull is technically acceptable on private property.

Narric

Dammit, I knew we got on the wrong airship. The other clearly said "Sayf Est Weiy" whilst this one said "Drarh Gongs Dihn Air" gosh, how could we be so foolish.....

InsaneTD

Since they don't like dwarves, maybe we should throw our overboard? :P

Mabbz

Quote from: The Devil on November 08, 2013, 11:37:20 PM
Since they don't like dwarves, maybe we should throw our overboard? :P
I haven't seen anything to suggest that they especially dislike dwarves. Of course, if they take a disliking to Atlas (which would be understandable), then we could try that plan.

Quote from: Ravager Zero on November 08, 2013, 10:26:21 PM
Quote from: Mabbz on November 08, 2013, 07:57:46 PM

You have a good point there Mabbz, it's just that I tend to like writing larger stories than smaller fragments, and maybe I'm a bit selfish about it if I'm perfectly honest—I think of this story as "my" story, when I know in reality it belongs more to you, the players.
Ah, see I'm a more lazy GM than you ;). I can get your reasoning; the question of who owns the story is a tricky one. I personally agree that it is your story, as long as the characters are ours. You've never taken it to the point that I feel railroaded or anything, so I'm happy. I just like writing dialogue for Kahlan. Maybe I should flirt with Marcus more.

Ravager Zero

New story post is up.
It's only a small, one, sorry. I feel like I'm losing my touch... but you kind of did successfully avoid getting eaten by dirty great lizards. :shifty:

EDIT:

Just because I can

...and whipped cream, a bottle of baileys, seven pairs of non-matching shoes, a combine harvester, a box of matches, and three indie rock bands drunk off their skull is technically acceptable on private property.

InsaneTD

Where is ore final destination of that map?

Ravager Zero

Narric

Should I create some Merc characters for us to hire? Maybe a group looking for a descent fight to kill or die in? :P

Mkolls post just makes me think it would be an interesting thing to add XD

Ravager Zero

Quote from: Narric on December 13, 2013, 10:56:21 PM
Should I create some Merc characters for us to hire? Maybe a group looking for a descent fight to kill or die in? :P

Mkolls post just makes me think it would be an interesting thing to add XD
You could.
Actually managing to get them in the party would be a different story. (and may alter the difficulty/complexity of future fights). ;)

Narric

Maybe they're smiten with Kahlan, and insist on following us until they die (which'll be fairly quickly I think :P)

Or perhaps they're just cheap and don't do much good XD

Scout Sergeant Mkoll

I was personally thinking additional manpower would be quite difficult given the rumoured regularity of daemon attacks this far north but information, supplies and maybe even weapons/armour may be obtainable. Providing we can be persuasive enough and certain party members behave. :P
Mkoll's Awesome Card Counter: +8

May the brave be remembered forever. Farewell our friends.

Quote from: Mabbz on June 03, 2011, 10:43:53 AM
Mkoll wins.

Quote from: LordDemon
Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to catch you.

[img]http

Mabbz

How about we going with the idea that everyone not in the party (Marcus as the exception) is automatically smitten with Kahlan?

Actually... is there a rune that could do that? Auto charm anyone she meets? I'm not actually think of her, but I do have a backup character that it'd be perfect for.

Ravager Zero

Quote from: Mabbz on December 13, 2013, 11:56:47 PM
How about we going with the idea that everyone not in the party (Marcus as the exception) is automatically smitten with Kahlan?
You do realise that female warriors/mages will quite common in Hygar...

Actually... is there a rune that could do that? Auto charm anyone she meets? I'm not actually think of her, but I do have a backup character that it'd be perfect for.
There is a rune that makes you more likeable, but it won't make everyone that sees you fall for you.
People will just think you're a nice person—even if you wind up beating someone with their own boots. Everyone else will still think you're fairly nice, and that you have a good reason for doing whatever it is you're doing.

It isn't an easy rune to forge, and isn't exactly common either, but it does exist.