News:

Cammerz brings us some fantastically painted and customised Alpha Legion. Check out their work with detail shots and design insight.

Main Menu

Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]

Started by Ravager, November 23, 2011, 12:56:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ravager Zero

Quote from: Scout Sergeant Mkoll on January 03, 2014, 09:55:37 PM
Bit more world building in terms of the tradition of challenging in Hygar for you Rav. ;)
Looks good.

Reminds me actually, did I send you the prices for gear in Hygar? I can't remember it's been that long now.
You may have. I'll have to check the files later.
Rav's Awesome Card Counter: +2

Quote from: Kane
...and whipped cream, a bottle of baileys, seven pairs of non-matching shoes, a combine harvester, a box of matches, and three indie rock bands drunk off their skull is technically acceptable on private property.

The Man They Call Jayne

As a thought about getting this going a little more, seeing as many of the players arent very active anymore, what do people think about moving this to a closed facebook group? Just ad the players and any member who specifically wants to follow along. We are all on FB and the reply system to specific comments in a thread would allow us to keep better track of who is addressing who.

Rav could make the post, we then respond to it until we get to the next bit of story, or an event happens.

Just a thought.
Jaynes Awesome Card Counter: +5

Secondspheres Crash Card Counter +4

Scout Sergeant Mkoll

Failing that, possibly try to recruit more players? I think Mabbz's pony rp has a few players. Maybe a post in the GED thread could encourage them to join. Hygar would make a convenient drop off point for the inactive members too if we were to get fresh blood.
Mkoll's Awesome Card Counter: +8

May the brave be remembered forever. Farewell our friends.

Quote from: Mabbz on June 03, 2011, 10:43:53 AM
Mkoll wins.

Quote from: LordDemon
Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to catch you.

[img]http

Mabbz

Quote from: The Man They Call Jayne on January 24, 2014, 10:44:35 PM
As a thought about getting this going a little more, seeing as many of the players arent very active anymore, what do people think about moving this to a closed facebook group? Just ad the players and any member who specifically wants to follow along. We are all on FB and the reply system to specific comments in a thread would allow us to keep better track of who is addressing who.

Rav could make the post, we then respond to it until we get to the next bit of story, or an event happens.

Just a thought.
I'm not that keen. It's not a bad idea, but I don't like the FB comment box particularly. Besides, aside from the GED thread, this is the largest topic on the forum. Moving it makes me feel bad.

On the other hand, if we moved to FB I might be able to persuade some non-members to join. I have some friends that would probably enjoy this.

Quote from: Scout Sergeant Mkoll on January 25, 2014, 12:13:09 AM
Failing that, possibly try to recruit more players? I think Mabbz's pony rp has a few players. Maybe a post in the GED thread could encourage them to join. Hygar would make a convenient drop off point for the inactive members too if we were to get fresh blood.
Planning to steal my players :P? I have five active players, and I believe only one is here as well (Narric). I could mention the possibility of them coming joining ETD to them if you want.

Ravager Zero

Quote from: The Man They Call Jayne on January 24, 2014, 10:44:35 PM

Just a thought.
I'm not a fan of RP's run on facebook personally. At least, not the kind I'm trying to run here.
It could, however, work very well for the planned Diaspora game when this RP eventually wraps up.

Now, while I don't normally condone stealing players from another RP—that one involves magical ponies, so everyone's fair game. Provided not one word is uttered about said ponies. :P

Quote from: Mabbz on January 25, 2014, 12:37:42 AM
I'm not that keen. It's not a bad idea, but I don't like the FB comment box particularly. Besides, aside from the GED thread, this is the largest topic on the forum. Moving it makes me feel bad.

On the other hand, if we moved to FB I might be able to persuade some non-members to join. I have some friends that would probably enjoy this.
Sometimes I wonder if serious roleplay shouldn't be made general access instead of having the enclave restrictions on it.

Oh, and the only (relatively minor :P) advantage facebook would have is less terrible forum-crashing.

...and whipped cream, a bottle of baileys, seven pairs of non-matching shoes, a combine harvester, a box of matches, and three indie rock bands drunk off their skull is technically acceptable on private property.

Mabbz

Quote from: Ravager Zero on January 25, 2014, 07:44:52 AM
Now, while I don't normally condone stealing players from another RP—that one involves magical ponies, so everyone's fair game. Provided not one word is uttered about said ponies. :P
One day, we shall overtake ETD in terms of number of posts to become the 2nd and 3rd most popular threads on 2S. We're currently 4th and 6th, only a couple of hundred behind you, and gaining.

That thought should provide a nice boost in activity here.

Quote from: Ravager Zero on January 25, 2014, 07:44:52 AM
Quote from: Mabbz on January 25, 2014, 12:37:42 AM

Sometimes I wonder if serious roleplay shouldn't be made general access instead of having the enclave restrictions on it.

Oh, and the only (relatively minor :P) advantage facebook would have is less terrible forum-crashing.
The RP board is unrestricted. One of my players joined the forum solely for my RP. I've never been entirely sure how that fits with forum policy, but I decided not to question it since he's probably my most active player.

The Man They Call Jayne

Im up for any other RP thats done regularly.
Jaynes Awesome Card Counter: +5

Secondspheres Crash Card Counter +4

HectorSmash

ponyponyponyponypony

What's this about needing more players? I'd read through the OOC, but there's 73 pages of it... could you give or point me toward a wrap-up? Preferably of the wintry variety?

also ponies

Narric

Quote from: HectorSmash on January 27, 2014, 04:57:06 AM
ponyponyponyponypony

What's this about needing more players? I'd read through the OOC, but there's 73 pages of it... could you give or point me toward a wrap-up? Preferably of the wintry variety?

also ponies
I can PM you a story synopsis that Rav sent me ;)

InsaneTD

Yay! We're going on an adventure! Oh no! Daemons! Jan'us! Oh he's still alive, awesome! Camping. Learning to range. Revenants! Not Oan! Oh he's alive, awesome! Camping and ranging some more. Oh no, dryads and evil mages! Giliathar, no! He's dead. Ooooohhh temple. It's the sun goddess! She blessed us, yay! Camping and more ranging. Oh no, daemons! JAN'US! Oh good, he's still alive. More camping and ranging. We made it to Darrow. Finding a place to stay. A random girl attacked Jan'us... why are we keeping this guy around again? The runesmith almost kills himself with an exploding amulet. (It wasn't supposed to do that....) OH NO! DAEMONS! Oh shit, a daemon lord!! AND A DAEMON DRAGON!!!! Oh the runesmith has trapped the dragon. Idiot guards! And someone got the dragon, good. And no, the daemon lord is coming after the runesmith. Ooh, the runesmith fas ra do'ed the daemonlord. And now he's trapped him. And banished him... and made an eternal enemy.... The girl who attack Jan'us has joined us. As has a dwarf. We're leaving Darrow to go to Cyven. Oh, a assassin mage has joined us. More camping and ranging. Oh look, a oil well and pumping station. And no, a cyromancer! She's an avatar! JAN'US!!! She got away... and blew the station. JAN'US IS ACTUALLY DEAD!?!?!?!?! Burying Jan'us. More camping and ranging. We made it to Cyven, yay!

We've actually left Cyven, but I can't remember much of what happened in there.

Mabbz

ponyponyponyponypony

also ponies
There's actually more pages than that, we lost a load in a forum crash.

Quote from: Tybalt Defet on January 27, 2014, 09:23:19 AM
Giliathar, no! He's dead.
I'd appreciate it if you could at least spell his name right, Tibbles. Don't make me make Kahlan use the name Tibbles in character.

Ravager Zero

Right.
New post is up. Sorry it took so long. Was helping with a big Infinity event today, and organising it over the weekend.

Also, Mkoll, feel free to continue that conversation in whatever way you see fit.

Narric, just post the newsletter already, then everyone can see the synopsis. :P

ponyponyponyponypony

also ponies
Must. Resist. Urge. To. Smite. :shifty:

Also, if you do join, we have a nice stable of NPCs/Abandoned PCs in the party if you don't feel like making your own character up on the spot.

Narric

Quote from: Ravager Zero on January 27, 2014, 10:18:33 AM
Narric, just post the newsletter already, then everyone can see the synopsis. :P

I have :P I just can't sticky it XD

I couldn't figure out which RP synopsis to include, so I'll be putting them both in next month. Yours is going to have to be in Spoiler tags though :P

Mabbz

Hmm... does Kahlan know about Emily and Oan's amulets?

InsaneTD

First of all, it's been months since I've seen it spelt. So Bugger off. Second of all, this isn't in character so don't going using ooc stuff in ic.