News:

Cammerz brings us some fantastically painted and customised Alpha Legion. Check out their work with detail shots and design insight.

Main Menu

Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]

Started by Ravager, November 23, 2011, 12:56:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mabbz

Quote from: Tybalt Defet on January 27, 2014, 11:54:50 AM
First of all, it's been months since I've seen it spelt. So Bugger off. Second of all, this isn't in character so don't going using ooc stuff in ic.
First of all, I know that. I wasn't being particularly serious. I probably should have added an emoticon of some kind to my last post :P

Second, I wasn't planning to actually do that, although it is something I could picture Kahlan saying...

InsaneTD

Tibble is very different to Tybalt, and might just see her in hygar's duelling rung if she said it to him. :P

Mabbz

Fair enough. I'll wait until we leave Hygar then ;). I'm busy deciding how to annoy Oan at the moment anyway :shifty:

HectorSmash

Quote from: Ravager Zero on January 27, 2014, 10:18:33 AMAlso, if you do join, we have a nice stable of NPCs/Abandoned PCs in the party if you don't feel like making your own character up on the spot.

I'd prefer to use one of my own characters, but if that'd be too much hassle I could pick up one of the abandoned folks. Should I post him here, or PM?

The Man They Call Jayne

If we are in Hygar long enough, we could reasonably meet a new person. So far we have Kraytor, Oan Fencer, Emily, Tybalt and Kahlan [last name censored]. Marcus, Rehd, Xan and Zothern are all idle I think. Although Zothern is dying horribly back in Cyven.
Jaynes Awesome Card Counter: +5

Secondspheres Crash Card Counter +4

Scout Sergeant Mkoll

Quote from: Mabbz on January 27, 2014, 11:46:06 AM
Hmm... does Kahlan know about Emily and Oan's amulets?
At this point, not that either Oan or Emily are aware of. Lady Cyven saw the thread of essence straight away though so a mage of the same school, and possibly of others could detect the link though I honestly have no idea how hard it would be to do so, that would be something you'd need to discuss with Rav.

Hector, it'd be nice to have a new member here. :) The active members at the minute are a Runesmith armed with a rifle (Tybalt, aka Tybalt), a Dwarf (Narric, aka Atlas) a Healer who fights with twin knives (Mabbz, aka Khalan), a Shaman (Jayne aka Kraytor), a Seer who has a pair of pistols (Emily, NPC) and a Ranger (myself, Oan). As has been pointed out there's a range of idlers who are essentially NPCs at this point so pretty much any character build would be useful. :)
Mkoll's Awesome Card Counter: +8

May the brave be remembered forever. Farewell our friends.

Quote from: Mabbz on June 03, 2011, 10:43:53 AM
Mkoll wins.

Quote from: LordDemon
Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to catch you.

[img]http

HectorSmash

Well...

I've got a Dwarf Barbarian named Rockpunch. He's about as simple as they come, and - mentally - basically a child. Think maybe Lennie from Of Mice and Men, but with more uncontrollable fury and punching. I've got a skillsheet and whatnot all laid out for him in Pathfinder, but I'm not sure how that'd carry over to XDM (I think it was called?).

Railgun Convention

Quote from: Scout Sergeant Mkoll on January 27, 2014, 10:05:18 PM
Quote from: Mabbz on January 27, 2014, 11:46:06 AM
Hmm... does Kahlan know about Emily and Oan's amulets?
At this point, not that either Oan or Emily are aware of. Lady Cyven saw the thread of essence straight away though so a mage of the same school, and possibly of others could detect the link though I honestly have no idea how hard it would be to do so, that would be something you'd need to discuss with Rav.

Hector, it'd be nice to have a new member here. :) The active members at the minute are a Runesmith armed with a rifle (Tybalt, aka Tybalt), a Dwarf (Narric, aka Atlas) a Healer who fights with twin knives (Mabbz, aka Khalan), a Shaman (Jayne aka Kraytor), a Seer who has a pair of pistols (Emily, NPC) and a Ranger (myself, Oan). As has been pointed out there's a range of idlers who are essentially NPCs at this point so pretty much any character build would be useful. :)
Didn't miss anyone, did you?  :shifty:
So how many crashes have I survived now?

Ravager Zero

Quote from: HectorSmash on January 27, 2014, 11:53:23 PM
Well...

I've got a Dwarf Barbarian named Rockpunch. He's about as simple as they come, and - mentally - basically a child. Think maybe Lennie from Of Mice and Men, but with more uncontrollable fury and punching. I've got a skillsheet and whatnot all laid out for him in Pathfinder, but I'm not sure how that'd carry over to XDM (I think it was called?).
Dwarves are supposed to be very rare in this setting. Narric's lucky he got a dwarf (because he actually went and did some world-building to justify their existence). I'm not saying you can't have a second dwarf in the party—I'm saying you're going to have work hard to convince me we need a second dwarf in the party (as opposed to say, a human barbarian).

Classes in XDM are very freeform. If you can think of a name for something that links a certain set of skills with a certain spread of stats, it's probably a class. Currently everyone in the party has one of four classes: Mage, Ranger, Runesmith, Warrior.

Skills are also handled in much the same way, and can be a lot more versatile too. Such as using pyromancy to weld, or heat a room, or cook. Or using wilderness skills to track a target in a large crowd through a city; etc. In combat you just say what you want to happen—then dice are rolled, and we see how closely reality matches your desires. No one's complained about it yet. Too much. :P

And if the character creation system isn't somewhere back in thread, I'll re-post it yet again, with some more notes about the setting.
Rav's Awesome Card Counter: +2

Quote from: Kane
...and whipped cream, a bottle of baileys, seven pairs of non-matching shoes, a combine harvester, a box of matches, and three indie rock bands drunk off their skull is technically acceptable on private property.

InsaneTD

Rav, half you sig is missing....

This runesmith is jealous.... No more runesmiths in the party. :P

Ravager Zero

Quote from: Tybalt Defet on January 28, 2014, 04:24:49 AM
Rav, half you sig is missing....
The forum crash ate it.
Obviously.

Also, why did nobody tell me?! (:P)
Rav's Awesome Card Counter: +2

Quote from: Kane
...and whipped cream, a bottle of baileys, seven pairs of non-matching shoes, a combine harvester, a box of matches, and three indie rock bands drunk off their skull is technically acceptable on private property.

InsaneTD

Just did. :P

And if you are going to be on here so much, maybe you should post an update....

CoffeeGrunt

I have never partaken in an RP thread before, how do I do it?

I'm also debating which character of mine to use, probably Lynette Lachance...
The only constant in the universe is change; the Wise adapt.

Mabbz

Quote from: CoffeeGrunt on January 28, 2014, 08:50:11 AM
I have never partaken in an RP thread before, how do I do it?

I'm also debating which character of mine to use, probably Lynette Lachance...
You basically just post what your character is doing, and Rav will roll some dice to see if it works. The main exception is combat, which I'll let someone else explain.

Have you been playing lots of The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, by any chance? Is Lynette an assassin?

CoffeeGrunt

I stole the surname from Elder Scrolls, yes. :P

I can't remember if that was her original surname, when I wrote her she was simply, "Lynette."
The only constant in the universe is change; the Wise adapt.