News:

For the most up to date reports about what is going on with the forum, and the latest topics of interest, throw us a like on Facebook, and if you're wanting some light banter with the seasoned and spiced members, join the Second Sphere Members Group.

Main Menu

Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]

Started by Ravager, November 23, 2011, 12:56:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ravager Zero

Sorry, no sparring. I realised too late that the Dwarf supposed to fighting was actually being a better person trying to educate another Dwarf—speaking of which, Narric, Hector, that's for you two to write up. Use that Charisma. And I see you've already made a good start.

Also, be aware that aside from the magick, this is trying to a reasonably realistic world. Mythical/mystical/monstrous beasts are not all that common. Trolls and their ilk are fine (and Fae, Dryads, Imps, 'wildlings/natures wrath' monsters etc), but things like Orcs, Giants, etc—the less plausible (or more humanoid? I guess) beasties, don't belong here.

I also need to make a beastiary of the various dangerous wild animals you'll encounter in the north. Daemons, of course, are a given.

And to everyone, it's quite late in the day, so it's probably time to wrap up, feast on some poorly cooked meats, and regale each other with tales of past fights. ;)
Rav's Awesome Card Counter: +2

Quote from: Kane
...and whipped cream, a bottle of baileys, seven pairs of non-matching shoes, a combine harvester, a box of matches, and three indie rock bands drunk off their skull is technically acceptable on private property.

InsaneTD

If I had read this before I posted, Tybalt would be regrouping, but a lass, he isn't.

Narric

Gotta love these free actions :P

Hector, don't hesitate to tell me if I'm shoe-horning you. My thought currently is to get Rockpunch a hammer like weapon, which I think you said you wanted him equipped with, but iirc nothing has been said about Rockpunch having weaponry.

Rav, provided Hector agrees, would we be able to "shop" for a warhammer of some description, or is Atlas too low on coin?

HectorSmash

Hey, I don't care. The way I see it, you're (both IC and OOC) introducing me to the world/game, so for now it's my duty to follow and yours to lead.

Right now I have like a rough cudgel sorta deal, but I doubt it'd be very effective against anything more durable than an elk. Going shopping with a kinsman... that'd be a dream.

The Man They Call Jayne

Don't suppose Tybalt would be able and willing to make a decent warhammer for a slightly lower than store price? That way it could be balanced for Rockpunch and made to measure so to speak. He also might be able to rune it up a bit.

We know what we are going to face out there and in the words of Major Chip Hazard, "Standard issue is insufficiant!".
Jaynes Awesome Card Counter: +5

Secondspheres Crash Card Counter +4

Narric

One thing i was thinking was if we didn't have the coin for either option, are there "Mundane Tasks" we (I) could complete to make some? I doubt Gambling would be a good idea with my stats, and there is always a risk of coming out worse than when you started. :P

The Man They Call Jayne

We have taken some local jobs before, like when Ja'nus enmeshed that metal.
Jaynes Awesome Card Counter: +5

Secondspheres Crash Card Counter +4

Narric

So sue me for my reference of real life things :P I'm sure a human warrior could have taken the title Rocky :P

Ravager Zero

@Narric: Yes, you and Hector can go shopping.
I don't think I ever worked out a wealth score for Atlas though.

Alternatively, Tybalt—or a local blacksmith—could make one. If you have the time and fortitude, you could attempt to forge one yourselves. The Blacksmith's guild is always willing to help those who wish to help themselves. Just supply the materials, and some coin/tribute. They'll show you what to do.

...and whipped cream, a bottle of baileys, seven pairs of non-matching shoes, a combine harvester, a box of matches, and three indie rock bands drunk off their skull is technically acceptable on private property.

InsaneTD

Would of thought a true dwarf would know how to Smith :P. Would probably want dwarven runes if any too.

Trust a dwarf to smash the fourth wall.

InsaneTD

Narric

Quote from: Tybalt Defet on February 04, 2014, 02:48:51 AM
Would of thought a true dwarf would know how to Smith :P. Would probably want dwarven runes if any too.
Atlas was more a fighter then a crafter, hence why he left :shifty:

Quote from: Ravager Zero on February 04, 2014, 12:02:33 AM

Alternatively, Tybalt—or a local blacksmith—could make one. If you have the time and fortitude, you could attempt to forge one yourselves. The Blacksmith's guild is always willing to help those who wish to help themselves. Just supply the materials, and some coin/tribute. They'll show you what to do.

Should I roll something like 4D10 to see how much gold I have? :P

And I assume I will have to purchase the materials from somewhere. I can't imagine people actually carrying around chunks of Iron ore, or Steel Ingots :P

InsaneTD

Not a true dwarf, teaching another not true dwarf things.

Ravager Zero

Quote from: Narric on February 04, 2014, 08:58:56 AM
Quote from: Ravager Zero on February 04, 2014, 12:02:33 AM

Should I roll something like 4D10 to see how much gold I have? :P

And I assume I will have to purchase the materials from somewhere. I can't imagine people actually carrying around chunks of Iron ore, or Steel Ingots :P
3D10, but you only get to keep the highest 2. (You're a wandering mercenary, you've had a decent income, but you have to eat and pay for lodgings too. And replace broken gear every so often).

And yes, you would have to purchase the materials from somewhere. You could, in fact, purchase them from the blacksmith's guild, at a somewhat inflated price (because hey, they've gotta make a profit, and this is the good ore they're giving you).