News:

Cammerz brings us some fantastically painted and customised Alpha Legion. Check out their work with detail shots and design insight.

Main Menu

Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]

Started by Ravager, November 23, 2011, 12:56:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mabbz

I'm guessing Ruin is another Daemon prince? I'm sure you named some of them earlier, but I can't be bothered to search through all the posts.

Ravager Zero

Quote from: Mabbz on March 18, 2014, 07:37:33 AM
I'm guessing Ruin is another Daemon prince? I'm sure you named some of them earlier, but I can't be bothered to search through all the posts.
Yes.

Ruin is to cities what Nemesis is to people.
Rav's Awesome Card Counter: +2

Quote from: Kane
...and whipped cream, a bottle of baileys, seven pairs of non-matching shoes, a combine harvester, a box of matches, and three indie rock bands drunk off their skull is technically acceptable on private property.

Scout Sergeant Mkoll

url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4438798/]Roll: 1d8=6, 1d8=8, 1d8=6[/url]
Physical: 9
Mental: 7
Mystical: 9

Ok, general idea with my backup character given the rolls, is that he was trained shortly after Oan but, like most of the boys in Wulfstead, some of his training was done by the same guy ("Mick" Venner). Maggs was second only to Oan in terms of ability and was more open than most, including Oan, to learning about the old gods and old ways. Eventually, Maggs was hired as a guard by the Fencer family and assigned to their youngest son, Oan, as they had been good friends in the militia.

Shortly before the group met in Perro's Folly, Oan and his father had a disagreement about something or other, which turned to Oan's life choices (staying on in the militia), which turned to Oan having little to no prospects in the family business due to his eldest brother's greed and stupidity. The fight resulted in Oan leaving the next morning and winding up in Perro's when the party met.

As Oan was trekking across the countryside getting into fights with, seemingly, everyone the party could find life continued in Wulfstead, though not always smoothly. Resulting in Maggs being sent by (Lord, Baron, Count, whatever fits best) Fencer to bear tidings and ensure Oan's safe return. Or die trying.

I've not decided on what the news is yet though, hence leaving the post where it was. :P
Mkoll's Awesome Card Counter: +8

May the brave be remembered forever. Farewell our friends.

Quote from: Mabbz on June 03, 2011, 10:43:53 AM
Mkoll wins.

Quote from: LordDemon
Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to catch you.

[img]http

Ravager Zero

That looks fine Mkoll.

Given the size and relative unimportance of Wulfstead compared to the major cities, Earl/Count (of Fencer House or whatever you decide to call the lands) seems right.

...and whipped cream, a bottle of baileys, seven pairs of non-matching shoes, a combine harvester, a box of matches, and three indie rock bands drunk off their skull is technically acceptable on private property.

InsaneTD

I'm curious, can I set Invocations as traps? I wouldn't mind laying a couple traps if I can.

Ravager Zero

Quote from: Tybalt Defet on March 22, 2014, 09:34:50 AM
I'm curious, can I set Invocations as traps? I wouldn't mind laying a couple traps if I can.
You can, but it makes the invocation more complex as a result.
Alternatively, you can do a little forging and make some runic traps—same results, different methodology.

InsaneTD

Yeah. Well, my idea is to set a trap that wraps people in Runic chains. Or possibly a full body cocoon trap using birkal.

Scout Sergeant Mkoll

Not my best writing ever, but I've tried to explain why Maggs is several hundred miles away from his home town looking for Oan. :P

Rav: If anything doesn't fit or needs adjusting, let me know. :) Also, if you see anywhere it could be improved I'm more than happy to take suggestions on board.

Mkoll wins.

[img]http

The Man They Call Jayne

So, what can a Shaman, or chaosigan actually do in this situation? Any kind of early warning thing? Or would I just be best used to draw more magick in for us to use, or turn into an unmaking ritual like the door? Something big and powerful we may need.

If there is nothing specific I can do I will just meditate and speed up my healing process so I don't die by tripping over a loose flagstone.
Jaynes Awesome Card Counter: +5

Secondspheres Crash Card Counter +4

Ravager Zero

Quote from: The Man They Call Jayne on March 26, 2014, 03:37:08 AM
So, what can a Shaman, or chaosigan actually do in this situation? Any kind of early warning thing? Or would I just be best used to draw more magick in for us to use, or turn into an unmaking ritual like the door? Something big and powerful we may need.

If there is nothing specific I can do I will just meditate and speed up my healing process so I don't die by tripping over a loose flagstone.
Chaosigan, not much.
Shamans can sense signs of life nearby.

The Man They Call Jayne

In that case I guess I will go and try to heal up as best I can.

Mabbz

Every single time I see the name "Maggs" I misread it as Mabbz.

InsaneTD

Scout Sergeant Mkoll

Quote from: Mabbz on March 26, 2014, 10:43:44 PM
Every single time I see the name "Maggs" I misread it as Mabbz.
Learn to read properly? :P

Mkoll wins.

[img]http

The Man They Call Jayne

So whats the plan for this fight? We may need one this time. Right now I am just getting more magick here to make everyone feel refreshed as there will be no sleep

Also, thought, do we really want to be indoors when this happens? Can't we just rig the place with enough exploding runes and then trick them into thinking we are inside it? Could I hide our lifesigns from them while projecting fake ones? The quicker guys flank around the heavy hitters stay back and rush in after the boom. If the building is going to get trashed either way, may as well be on our terms and taking as many of them with us as possible.