News:

For the most up to date reports about what is going on with the forum, and the latest topics of interest, throw us a like on Facebook, and if you're wanting some light banter with the seasoned and spiced members, join the Second Sphere Members Group.

Main Menu

The War Saga: Prelude (OOC Thread)

Started by Waaaghpower, April 25, 2015, 12:46:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Waaaghpower

More FYI:
A Golden Sword is a form of currency. (Currency is divided up as Copper Pins, Silver Daggers, and Gold Swords.)

Also, the leading religion is the Order of the Brothers. I'll expand on that in the lore section later.

I did a little controlling of Jane and Korus in my post, to speed up the exposition a bit and add drama. Jane seemed the most likely to be religious, let me know if she's an athiest.
Super Mario 3D World is The. Best. Thing.

The Man They Call Jayne

A thought occurs, will we not regain a small amount of energy from eating and simply "resting", ie, not sleeping, but not exerting ourselves?

Only being able to recharge after a nights sleep is going to seriously put a cap on what I am able to accomplish in a day, especially as I don't know exactly how much I can get for "1 Energy".
Jaynes Awesome Card Counter: +5

Secondspheres Crash Card Counter +4

Waaaghpower

Let's see how things go as it is. If anything, inactivity would only decrease your energy consumption, not reverse it, but either way I want to see how it works as is before rebalancing.

Also, I'm gonna shut up in the role play for now so someone else can get a word in edgewise. This is fun!

The Man They Call Jayne

Is there any rough guide you can give me for how much Energy I am likely to use up doing things though? I would assume that Franklin knows his limits and how not to break them, but I am going to look pretty silly if I go for a concussive blast but cant because I used most of power to levitate something earlier :P

Waaaghpower

Well, as a rule of thumb an hour of activity will burn 4-7 energy, on average.

As for your spells, I'll just say this: Your wands can't hold more than 13 Energy for a spell. That's the *cap.*

This is unrelated, but I'm toying with a mechanic that'll increase difficulty slightly, but offer more bonuses for taking an extra action to aim/prepare/what have you. I'll let you know as I work out the details.

The Man They Call Jayne

Ok, 13 is ok to work with, but what kind of thing could I do with 13 energy? Can I throw a fully armoured man a cross a room for that, or could I knock down a fortress wall?

Waaaghpower

Quote from: The Man They Call Jayne on May 09, 2015, 02:50:21 AM
Ok, 13 is ok to work with, but what kind of thing could I do with 13 energy? Can I throw a fully armoured man a cross a room for that, or could I knock down a fortress wall?
Yes to the first, no to the second. I'm going to start adding more specific numbers to various spells for reference when I add the other rule changes. (Mostly basic and reference things. Lifting objects of various weights, Starting fires, etc. Right now I'm thinking that 1 Energy is about enough to throw around  10 Kg of weight.)

Waaaghpower

Also, to be sure we're on the same page: I'm imagining your microsongularity attack as a beam of energy that desintegrates everything it touches, lasting a few seconds, and your Big Bang attack as a mini nuke that takes out about a football field's worth of space. Is this what you were thinking?

The Man They Call Jayne

I was thinking of Graviton Storm as a volley of dozens of tiny microsingularities. Things would just get wrenched in all the different directions at once, undergoing spagettification and being ripped apart at the subatomic level. If you would rather represent that as a single beam that all of these travel along, that is fine with me. It would be about 2 feet wide.

The Big Bang Attack (which I totally didn't steal from Dragonball), would created an area of huge gravity, drawing everything closer to it, untill it had absorbed enough matter it initiate a fusion blast, very much like a nuke, yes.

Waaaghpower

Hey, I am NOT bickering, he is! I'm just egging him on...

Mabbz

With your "court jester" remark, you crossed into bickering  ;)

Also:
Quote from: Waaaghpower on May 08, 2015, 08:37:58 PM
I did a little controlling of Jane and Korus in my post, to speed up the exposition a bit and add drama. Jane seemed the most likely to be religious, let me know if she's an athiest.
I honestly hadn't thought about her religion one way or the other. This attitude normally carries over into all my characters; they don't think about gods as long as they leave her alone. Since you bring it up though... sure, I'll try something new. She's no zealot, but a fairly regular churchgoer works for me.

Waaaghpower

I should probably mention this. It's kinda in the lore section, but to be clear:
David is talking about a war crime on a scale similar to nuclear weapons or biological warfare against a passive populous. It's totally illegal for multiple sorcerers to work together, especially to attack those who aren't at war with anyone. (Imagine if, about a hundred years from now, a popular leader in Germany started talking about a blitzkrieg...)

Waaaghpower

Aaand practice fight. This is mostly a test of mechanics, I highly doubt that there'll be any real threat here. Send me your actions!

Scout Sergeant Mkoll

I gathered it was gonna be a "heaven help you if you get caught" thing. :P

Point of interest, would Simo be considered a sorcerer or are his abilities too minor/focussed to be considered a true mage?
Mkoll's Awesome Card Counter: +8

May the brave be remembered forever. Farewell our friends.

Quote from: Mabbz on June 03, 2011, 10:43:53 AM
Mkoll wins.

Quote from: LordDemon
Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to catch you.

[img]http

Waaaghpower

Quote from: Scout Sergeant Mkoll on May 10, 2015, 12:03:18 AM
I gathered it was gonna be a "heaven help you if you get caught" thing. :P

Point of interest, would Simo be considered a sorcerer or are his abilities too minor/focussed to be considered a true mage?
If you can do magic at all, you're a Sorcerer. (David wants three sorcerers so he can have someone magically charge up all three runes simultaneously. The level of skill doesn't matter much when you're working as a battery. That being said, a battery that can kill a guy at 3000 yards is pretty useful.)