News:

Cammerz brings us some fantastically painted and customised Alpha Legion. Check out their work with detail shots and design insight.

Main Menu

The War Saga: Prelude (OOC Thread)

Started by Waaaghpower, April 25, 2015, 12:46:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Man They Call Jayne

Jaynes Awesome Card Counter: +5

Secondspheres Crash Card Counter +4

Narric

Thats a strange way of writing "negotiate" :P

Gives the rest of the group chance to ready themselves for a quick draw on weapons and abilities though :3

The Man They Call Jayne

Well, as is my usual style in these things, this will either go amazingly, or we will all die.

So, ya know, think positive thoughts.

Waaaghpower

A few small things I'm adding to the mechanics, so until Mabbz sends me Jane's actions feel free to adjust as needed:
You can chose to add one addendum to attacks - 'If threatened'. If in a tense but not yet hostile situation, you can add this and you will only attack if someone else does first.

Defensive actions count as happening simultaneous to higher initiative attacks. If you draw a sword or try and raise a magic shield on the same turn that someone with higher initiative than you swings their weapon at you, you'll still get the bonus to parry/defensive shield that you would have if you had gone first. (If you attack on the same turn they do, or both take defensive actions, they still follow initiative order.) This is just to prevent the guy who draws first from always winning.

That's all for now...
Super Mario 3D World is The. Best. Thing.

Scout Sergeant Mkoll

Quote from: The Man They Call Jayne on May 10, 2015, 12:25:32 AM
Well, as is my usual style in these things, this will either go amazingly, or we will all die.

So, ya know, think positive thoughts.
Well, I think your intimidate roll may be pointless unless it's classed as a quick action. As the internet is so fond of saying "Shots fired" :P
Mkoll's Awesome Card Counter: +8

May the brave be remembered forever. Farewell our friends.

Quote from: Mabbz on June 03, 2011, 10:43:53 AM
Mkoll wins.

Quote from: LordDemon
Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to catch you.

[img]http

The Man They Call Jayne

Franklin doesn't get "threatened". He likes to take the initiative in these situations and resolve them to every ones satisfaction. . . Honest.

Waaaghpower

Oh, one small other thing that I'll be applying *after* this fight. All actions in combat will be at a -10, since doing things in real life combat is always harder than in a controlled setting. Taking a turn to aim/prepare/steady will still give a +20, though, and taking two turns will still give a +30.

The Man They Call Jayne

Roughly how long is a "turn" here? In DnD it is 6 seconds, so that could work.

Waaaghpower

Quote from: The Man They Call Jayne on May 10, 2015, 12:38:38 AM
Roughly how long is a "turn" here? In DnD it is 6 seconds, so that could work.
That sounds about right. It's just long enough to do one simple thing: Swing a sword, run to a new piece of cover, reload a gun if you're pretty good at it or roll well.

The Man They Call Jayne

Right, in that case, can my talking to them be me also preparing my actions? Distracting them and such like?

Waaaghpower

Quote from: The Man They Call Jayne on May 10, 2015, 12:41:05 AM
Right, in that case, can my talking to them be me also preparing my actions? Distracting them and such like?
If you're preparing a spell, it won't exactly be subtle. You can try and hide that you're preparing the spell, but you'll have to pass an Agility test to conceal what you're doing, and the guards will get to take a group Intelligence check to see through the ploy, having to roll better than your Agility check. (Since there are four of them, it's just one test using their highest Intelligence (35) at +30.)

But yeah, you can try if you want to.

The Man They Call Jayne

What the hell, give it a try.

Best way to iron out the kinks is to try things.

Mabbz

Somehow, it seems unlikely that Jane would be wearing her spirit armour and carrying her shock lance at the table. With that in mind, getting out of the way of the bullets and spells seems like a good idea.

Waaaghpower

Well, I have all the dice rolled. One big dramatic post and I'll be ready to go.

Waaaghpower

Well... We got some crappy rolls here. Sorry, The Man They Call Jayne. :P