News:

For the most up to date reports about what is going on with the forum, and the latest topics of interest, throw us a like on Facebook, and if you're wanting some light banter with the seasoned and spiced members, join the Second Sphere Members Group.

Main Menu

Behind Enemy Lines - WH:40k using Covert Operations rules (sign up/OOC thread)

Started by Mabbz, February 18, 2016, 11:50:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mabbz

I promise I'll have something for McTavish and Wexler to do soon, but I want to try and keep the timelines synced up as much as possible and I don't have anything for you two until the morning.

Mabbz

I'll draw up the map later today, so feel free to wait for that before posting (unless you have any questions that don't require the map)

Narric

I'm gonna wait until I see the map myself. Hertius can stand there pondering for a little while :P

Mabbz

I give you your map:

Tau Base

You will have to enter from the left. Technically you could enter from a different point on the perimeter of the base, but this is the nearest edge to your target. The base is just too big to reasonably fit into one map.

The building on the far right is the prison (plus interrogation room)

The building on the bottom right is the medbay (plus medical storage)

The building at the end of the road is a garage/repair bay. The fuel tank outside is a medium explosive (see covert operations rulebook, but to summarise it could be a useful distraction)

The round thing at the top is the fusion generator powering the base. They have backups for some critical systems, but mostly everything is powered from there (including the laser fence).

The building near the laser fence is a barracks. Some Tau reinforcements will come from there is the alarm is raised

The other two buildings are mostly storage.

The Laser fences are impassable terrain (except for jump infantry and skimmers), but the fence posts can be destroyed (Toughness 7, Wounds 2, Armour Save 3+) which will deactivate the lasers coming from it.

Expect enemy reinforcements from all the board edges inside the base.

Narric

There is a way to do a map larger than 6x4. If you want I could show you next time its needed.

Sorry for not posting sooner. Have been trying to mull over the best course of action for this jailbreak/assault :P

Mabbz

I know you can do that, but to fit the whole base in I'd have to make it something like 12x12, and that seems a little excessive. Next time you do a mission like this, maybe I'll use a bigger size (probably still not that big though. 8x8 maybe)

And don't worry about not posting. I'm more curious where Jayne is.

Wargamer

I wrote a novel - Dreamscape: The Wanderer.. Available in paperback and pdf.

Quote from: Liberate the Warhammers
People who have no sense of Sportsmanship have NO PLACE designing any Gaming system

Mabbz

Well, I'm going on holiday until the 11th, so I will try to start this back up when I return. Until then my internet connection will be spotty at best, so I likely wont be able to post anything.

Mabbz

I was delayed by various stuff, but have an update of sorts. I'll leave it a day or too then move on again, assuming no-one has anything to add (although I'd prefer some kind of indication from everyone that they're still interested in continuing this)

Wargamer

People who have no sense of Sportsmanship have NO PLACE designing any Gaming system

Wargamer

I'm having writers block with this post of mine. I need it to be good enough to work, which is tricky because I can't think of why a soldier would open a cell door for any reason that isn't an insult to their intelligence!

Gimmie a little longer...

Mabbz

You could always try the stupid way. Who knows, maybe you're being guarded by Shas'Ui F'red'Co'lon  :P

I would have posted something myself by now, but it turns out that having a job interview really eats up your free time and concentration levels.

Narric

I'd like to say I am still in this :P

I'm glad I ent the PM with all that in. I feel bad that I couldn't figure out anything better :(

Mabbz

Quote from: Narric on June 20, 2016, 09:02:03 PM
I'd like to say I am still in this :P

I'm glad I ent the PM with all that in. I feel bad that I couldn't figure out anything better :(
The other benefit to you PMing it to me is that I went through and fixed most of the spelling errors :P

Narric

To quote nostalgia critic, I'm what you get if you cross a dyslexic with a complete idiot :P