News:

Cammerz brings us some fantastically painted and customised Alpha Legion. Check out their work with detail shots and design insight.

Main Menu

Behind Enemy Lines (RP thread)

Started by Mabbz, February 23, 2016, 02:35:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wargamer

McTavish considered his options. At present, he didn't have any. Strapped down with the mother of all headaches, he focused on compartmentalising the pain and blotting out the details of Wrexler's excuses.
I wrote a novel - Dreamscape: The Wanderer.. Available in paperback and pdf.

Quote from: Liberate the Warhammers
People who have no sense of Sportsmanship have NO PLACE designing any Gaming system

Narric

"Then we shall go to St Annalina's. Its closest to our devilfish, and so they'll be easier to get Steve to. They'll hardly complain about Ogryn muscle as a bargaining chip." Hertius adjusted his attire. "Lets be on our way then. Who knows what chaos those two Sergeants are causing for the Tau."

Mabbz

"I don't believe you," growled one of the fire warriors stalking over to the bed. "You took me down silently and quickly. You had to have been thinking clearly, and you definitely have military training."

Joycean blocked his path. "Get back to your post," she said sternly. "I will not have you interrogating my patients here." She turned back to Adam, affecting a sympathetic smile. "Michael? Could you tell me what your condition is called? Or what medicine you were taking?"

Sneaking through alleyways, Hertius and Maria made it to St Annalina's without any further problems. It was getting fairly late, so the streets were largely empty. Overall the area looked somewhat rundown, with small, cheap houses, occasional broken windows and plenty of graffiti, much of which had various racist slogans against the Tau.

"So, how do we find the resistance now?" asked Maria.

The Man They Call Jayne

"Military...yes...long ago...I was...Imperial Guard...Catachan... There was Chaos and gas, and then I was sick. They made me fight when they came to...came to my world. They told me to fight the Xenos, to protect my family and my people...Then there was the gas...and I couldn't fight anymore..."
Jaynes Awesome Card Counter: +5

Secondspheres Crash Card Counter +4

Wargamer

McTavish carefully opened his eyes and tried to test his restraints without being noticed. He kept his movements slow and careful, not wanting to draw attention. The last exchange put him on edge - something was not going the way it should. He needed a weapon, or at least a hand free. He looked for weapons, escape routes, enfilade and defilade positions, probable routes of attack or escape. An unguarded armoury and a prostitute testing facility would be nice as well, but he wasn't going to push his luck.

People who have no sense of Sportsmanship have NO PLACE designing any Gaming system

Mabbz

The handcuffs weren't the most sophisticated, but the steel wasn't going to break without a tool. They were securely attached to a steel rail on the bed, so getting out of them was probably not going to happen. He did have some freedom of movement though; the chains were at least a foot long. He could reach his bedside table (which at present contained only a glass of water), but there wasn't anything else in he could grab at the moment.

The room had only one door, made of wood, and contained six beds, three on each side. They were in the ones nearest to the door. At the far end of the room was a row of windows, probably too small and high to crawl through. There was a desk near the door as well, with a computer and various office equipment.

As he took all this in, Joycean turned to walk to the desk but stopped as she spotted McTavish. "Oh good, you're up too," she smiled. "How are you feeling? Can you tell me your name?"

Wargamer

"Robute Guilliman, Primarch of the Ultramarines," he muttered, slowly reaching for the water. He kept his eyes firmly on the Tau guards.

Mabbz

"Ok Mr Guilliman, I just need to check you for a concussion. Please could you hold still for a moment?" Joycean walked over to check his eyes, only to be stopped by one of the Tau.

"Please tell us your real name, sir. You are definitely not a space marine."

Wargamer

McTavish inspected the water, then slowly took a sip. "Por'vre Kal'yr. Oh, wait, she died when someone dropped a belltower on her. I'm Governor Arthax- no, he got a belltower dropped on him too. Same belltower, I think."

Mabbz

The Fire Warrior started to speak, but Joycean cut him off. "Ok, you don't want to help. Let me give you a check up, and then you can go annoy my colleagues in interrogation." She walked over to the bed, coming within arms reach.

Wargamer

"Schola Progenia," he whispered when Joycean drew close. "1024 Stormtrooper. His judgement is nigh. Get me free, and your loyalty will be remembered."

Mabbz

Joycean looked at him curiously for a moment, before silently continuing her examination. Once finished, she walked over to her desk. "Mr Guilliman here is in good health," she told the Tau. "I hereby discharge him, you can take him to his holding cell. I'm keeping Mr Jeffers in for the moment while I check his medical records."

"We have orders to keep watch. We should call someone to guard while we move the prisoner."

"He's chained to the bed." Joycean flashed a reassuring smile as she typed on her computer. "Don't worry, I won't go near him."

With that, the Tau wheeled McTavish out. There was silence for a moment, then Joycean looked at Wexler. "For all there faults, the Tau really did a wonderful job of upgrading the computer systems for our health records. Since none of the records name Michael Jeffers look like you, can I assume you're a guardsman too? Perhaps another member of the 1024 Stormtrooper, like your friend?"

The Man They Call Jayne

"There is absolutely nobody like my friend, I assure you of that. But yes, we are together here. I am Sergeant Adam Wexler, Catachan 20501st."

His voice was low, still not wanting to attract any outside attention.

"And who are you? And who are you with? Why are you working alongside these Xenos?"
Jaynes Awesome Card Counter: +5

Secondspheres Crash Card Counter +4

Narric

Hertius continued to walk the desolate looking streets, examining every inch of graffiti in sight.
"Nothing in the crude artwork the locals have painted points to anything. For now I suggest you keep such talk internalised. We don't want to cause further trouble in these parts, and we certainly don't want these parts causing us trouble." The graffiti a wasted endeavour, Hertius turned his eyes to the ground, trying to notice any areas beyond the middle of the street that would highlight prolonged continuous use, which would imply where the resistance was located.

Mabbz

Joycean regarded Adam carefully, trying to decide how to respond. "I am who I said I am: a nurse. I was born on this planet. I learnt at school how, decades ago, your Imperium showed up and told the governments of the world that if we didn't obey their rules and pay their taxes, they would invade and kill any who resisted. You know, a lot of people at the time believed in freedom for all, and even years later they hated everything the Imperium stood for. People didn't really rebel because they knew they'd be obliterated, but almost nobody liked our new rulers. The worst was the conscription, the people being forced off-world to fight in the Guard. They never returned and there were never enough volunteers, so families got torn apart as people were drafted." She stood up and walked about halfway across the room.

"Then along came the Tau. They told us it'd be better under their rule, that they'd protect us from the Imperium, share their technology and that no-one would be forced to fight. And it was better. For a several years, general quality of life improved, and there was no bloody tithe. Of course, some people lost out and complained. Some people pointed out that we were being fed propaganda for their 'Greater Good', but most didn't care because it was still an improvement over the Imperium." Jocean was glaring at this point.

"Then you lot came. The Imperium, come to liberate the planet from the foul Xenos. More propaganda, from earlier in the war. Mass destruction wherever you attacked. Not that the Tau were much better. The laws tightened up again, the Fire Caste reintroduced conscription, civil liberties dried up. Ten years this wars been raging, wrecking half the planet! And for what! I've seen starmaps of the Imperium and the Tau, we're nothing to either of you! You've spent more resources on this war than you could possibly hope to gain from us! Why couldn't you both just leave us ALONE!" Her face was red, her breathing laboured. After a moment, she turned away and tried to regain control of her breathing.

Eventually she spoke again, quietly, without turning around. "I just want this war to end. Too many people have died. For nothing."