News:

Cammerz brings us some fantastically painted and customised Alpha Legion. Check out their work with detail shots and design insight.

Main Menu

BigToof's last 5th Ed Game: Y'stral vs. Lady D'ysperax!

Started by BigToof, June 22, 2012, 09:37:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigToof

Hi All,
Just to leave a placer.
You all asked for it, and well, it's my last chance to play with fifth, so I'm going all out.
Going to hopefully have a last game with Dark Eldar of all armies.
I considered Orks or IG, but really, DE just sort of won out, as I want to try the ultimate fight:

Y'stral (me) vs. the ever-too-horrible Lady D'ysperax.

I will be writing it up as I can.

I'll fill in Lady D's list once I see what horror is coming for me.

My list:

Dark Eldar 1500pts "The Grisly Hand": 41 Infantry, 4 Vehicles, 1 MC; 14 KPs
Archon Y'stral w/Djinn Blade, Shadow Field, CD, WWP
Haemonculus Bella Le'Gosi w/Venom Blade, WWP
Grotesquesx3 w/LG, Aberration "Bobo" w/FG in Raider w/EA
Truebornx3 w/Blastersx3
Truebornx3 w/Blastersx3
Wychesx7 w/HGs, Hekatrix Allonia w/Agonizer
Wychesx7 w/HGs, Hekatrix Ray'keth w/Agonizer
Wracksx7 w/Liquifier Gun, Acothyst "Zero" in Raider w/EA
Hellionsx9 w/Helliarch StarSparkle w/PGL
Talos "Mega-Bay'tor" w/Liquifier Gun, TL Heatlance
Ravager
Ravager

List Comments: This is as "tuned" as I can get it.  It has all my fun characters and I hope it'll be a blast.
I have no idea what I'll be up against, but this list has a bit of everything except Venoms (meh).
Lady D plays smarter than me, but I roll better (usually).

Pray to Khaine/the Emperor/the Dark Gods for me!

Best,
-BT
BigToof Points:

Cammerz: 8
Waaaghpower: 1
The Man They Call Jayne: 3
Mabbz: 6
Archon Sharrek: 3

Cammerz

I'm glad we get a final battle before 6th comes in, we've been too long without a report to wait even longer.
Now I personally can't remember any DE vs DE reports so this may well be a new experience, therefore I can't pick a winner based on previous showing.
Given that only a few early SW reports have shown losses I'm going to assume that you'll win this (after being overwhelmed in the first half and then fighting your way back so its a draw near the end but the final turn grants you overall victory).

As you have previously mentionned a report with Dakkajets, I'll be holding you to your word, if not in a 5th ed report then your first 6th ed one because they do sound fun.

Looking forward to this, especially the fluff, which as always will be amazing.

BigToof

Quote from: Cammerz on June 22, 2012, 11:14:10 PM
I'm glad we get a final battle before 6th comes in, we've been too long without a report to wait even longer.
Now I personally can't remember any DE vs DE reports so this may well be a new experience, therefore I can't pick a winner based on previous showing.
Given that only a few early SW reports have shown losses I'm going to assume that you'll win this (after being overwhelmed in the first half and then fighting your way back so its a draw near the end but the final turn grants you overall victory).

As you have previously mentionned a report with Dakkajets, I'll be holding you to your word, if not in a 5th ed report then your first 6th ed one because they do sound fun.

Looking forward to this, especially the fluff, which as always will be amazing.

Hi Cammerz!
Thanks for the reply.
You know, I don't TRY to make them that close, they just seem to happen that way :)
I do get some games where I wipe the opponent pretty well, but not so much lately.  I'm not sure if it's my fault or my opponent's better playing.
The Dakkajet rep is being put on hold until 6th lands.
I can sum up Big Louie's Dakkajet rep as follows:
Awesome Jets WAARGH! on turn one and vaporize a purifier squad each.
Turn 1 GK sees them both blasted out of the sky, but lets the rest of the army advance totally unscathed.
I hope the jets well do better in 6th...
As for the fluff, I'm still working on it, but I'll disclose Lady D's list as I just got done writing it up.
I...  I don't know how people think up these things.

Best,
-BT
-----------------------------------------------

The Wicked Talon 1500pts: 46 Infantry, 1 MC; 10 KPs
Lady D'ysperax (Archon w/Huskblade, SF, ST, CD, WWP)
Asurabel Vect (!!)
Grotesquesx7 w/Liquifier Gun, Aberrant
Warriorsx5 w/Blaster
Warriorsx5 w/Blaster
Warriorsx5 w/Blaster
Hellionsx10 w/Helliarch "Kay'oss", Stunclaw
Reaversx6 w/Heatlancesx2, Arena Champion
Reaversx6 w/Heatlancesx2, Arena Champion
Chronos Parasite Engine w/Soul Probe, Vortex

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Yeah, lucky me.

Mission: Annihilation (!)
Setup: Pitched Battle (!!)

To be continued!
BigToof Points:

The Man They Call Jayne

Jaynes Awesome Card Counter: +5

Secondspheres Crash Card Counter +4

Rej

I doubt there has been a more anticipated show down. Can't wait!
Phew...

BigToof

Thank you all for being patient.

Here's the first step of the rep.

More will be done (hopefully by Friday!)

Best,
-BT

-------------------------------------
Y'Stral vs. Lady D in "The End of Days"
--------------------------------------

Haemonculus X'Bella Le'Gosi of the Salon of Sorrow turned her head to the side in thought.   The readings were illogical, but reproducible.  She looked at the floating orb, suspended in a stasis field. 

The Stasis Orb was a measure of stability, a standard used in all of Commeraugh as a unit of temporal measure.  It was never to change.  But it was, very slowly, in all measurable ways.

The other Covens had noticed similar activity, but dismissed it as an error in their detection devices.  But Bella had a different theory.  Somehow, the entire universe was changing, subtly, but enough that everything, very soon, would be different than what was previously measured.  More intriguingly, Bella noticed that her previous measurements from weeks ago were also changing to match the new findings. 

The changes were recursive.  Reality was re-writing itself.  Was such a thing possible?

Bella turned her head the other way.  Perhaps the universe was not as stable and unrelenting as one would believe.  Perhaps...  Perhaps it was all like a book.  A book that could change, could be rewritten, and all those inside it's pages would not notice any...

"Bella!"

Bella LeGosi turned to see her friend, the Hekatrix Allonia with her usual look of friendly facial features.  She was wearing her Agonizer and was looking expectant.  Perhaps she was talking.  Or wanted Bella to speak.  It was hard to say at times.  Bella was about to check her social mores algorithm when the Wych spoke.

"You...  I...  Did you hear anything that I've been saying?"

Bella brought a hand to her chin.  Her friend had been speaking.  Ah.  That was the issue.  Best to bring up a proper response.

"No."

Allonia felt her eyebrows knit further together and forced her breathing to slow.  Yelling at Bella was like punching the belly of a Clawed Fiend.  Pointless and doubly sure to get you into trouble.

"The Archon needs us to go!  We're supposed to give off a big show for Lord Vect, and we can't just be late!"

Bella frowned in thought.  Actually, being late is quite possible.  Given the distance necessary to High Commeraugh, it would be highly unlikely that they would arrive within the normal amount of time that the Archon usually provided for such travel.  Perhaps her friend was not aware of the lack of temporal adjustments to the universe.  Perhaps she should be told about the Orb and...

"Bella!  Go!"

Bella looked down to see the Hekatrix tugging at her arm.  The Haemonculus looked up to see her Acothyst Zero and a number of Wracks silently draw numerous poisoned weapons to dismember the intruder who would dare touch a Haemonculus without their approval.  She glanced down at Allonia who perhaps had realized the situation, as the perspiration on her forehead began to grow in intensity, a sign that Bella noted as being possible concern of physical harm.  Although it would be a simple matter to regrow Allonia after the dismemberment, time would again be lost.  Best to remedy the situation in a forthright manner.

"Yes.  It is good.  To go."

Allonia swallowed audibly as she watched the nightmarish crew replace their weapons back into their flesh-holsters.  Dealing with Haemonculi.  How could her life get much worse?

------------------------------------

Lady D'ysperax of the Wicked Talon hummed to herself.  It was going to be a good day.  One of her long-term gambits was coming to pass in a most interesting way.  She glanced up at the rather-needlessly worried looking Haemonculus and his pack of Grotesques.  The Lady clucked her tongue to herself.  Such needless pampering.  After all, the situation wasn't that dire.  Yet.

There was a hiss of air, and the door to the fleshweaver's laboratory opened.  Lady D'ysperax made the usual necessary bow and pledge of service, backing away from the Dark Eldar who walked into the room as if he owned it.  And own it he did.

Asdrubael Vect, High Lord of Commeraugh, and leader of the Kabal of the Black Heart walked into the room.  The Haemonculi began his needless prattle of servile gratitude, but Vect cut him off with a gesture.

"D'ysperax.  You are aware of why I have lowered myself to come to this misbegotten pack of fools?"

Lady D'ysperax nodded with a smile.  She saw the Haemonculus rile a bit at the comment, but she knew the words for what they were, a test.  A simple one at that, but one that must be passed to continue on to meaningful conversation.

"Indeed, my Great Lord.  I, and the entirety of Wicked Talon, are in your service."

Vect nodded, "They are on their way?"

Lady D'ysperax smiled again.  It was not a question, but again, a test of character.

"Yes, Supreme Master, they are on their way.  Do not worry, we are more than prepared for their arrival."

Vect inclined his head slightly in her direction, and she scurried back appropriately.  She was well-trained.  What you would expect given her background.  Which was entirely different from his current prey. 

He glanced over at a group of Warriors who had entered, bearing Ghost-Holos showing the group of Raiders and Ravagers making their way through the webway.  Very little had interested him in the past few centuries.  And very, very rare things were a surprise. 
Vect looked at the Raiders, so small and fragile in their nature.  Tests were needed.  Perhaps they might even survive them as well.

-----------------------

Pre-Game Thoughts: Well, you all asked for, and I managed to arrange it.  Here it is, the last hurrah of fifth and it's Y'stral vs. Lady D for all the marbles.  I wasn't sure what to expect but VECT was the least I was expecting.  There's a big ball of Grotesques that I'll have to deal with as well...  Still, not much anti-tank, so I can deal with that.  Just have to watch wherever Vect goes...
Objectives should be fairly easy, as I can easily out-maneuver the big Grot block and contest/take at the bottom of five while sprinkling whatever comes out of their single portal with shooty.  KPs...  will be harder.

------------------------

Mission: Annihilation (Well... thanks)
Setup: Pitched Battle (swell)
Terrain: Hills and Ruins
-------------------------

Setup: Well, the Terrain fairy liked hills and ruins this fine, last day of Fifth, and so placed a very large ruin near the left-center and sprinkled hills and tiny ruins around the perimeter of the board.  Plenty of cover.  Raiders happy!

We roll to see who gets to go first, and Vect/Lady D GIVE me the first turn.  That's... kind of them.  I put down a Raider with Bella and the Wracks to the right, Y'stral and the Grots to the left and sandwich my two Ravagers between them.  Everything else in reserve!

And then down goes right in the middle of the board... the Grot-star.  With Lady D.  AND VECT.  (Insert sound of anal clampage)  Well, that was... unexpected.

We roll for drugs.  I get +1S  (Hellions are happy!).  Vect gets... +1 pain token (OUCH).

I'm about to start, when he rolls a 4 (!) and steals initiative!  (Oh... yeah... he can do that...)

------------------------

Picture Caption: Great, that's just... great.  I have to get KPs out of that?
------------------------

To Be Continued!
BigToof Points:

Cammerz

It looks like 5th wants to leave you a very memorable farewell BT, that deathstar unit will not be easy.
While I'm not entirely sure what's going on within the fluff, I like it and I'm sure all will be explained later. The bit with Bella is certainly enjoyable, and somehow reminds me of Doctor Who plots from previous years. And of course how she reacts with Allonia is just superb writing on your part.

Despite the fact that you've almost certainly already finished the actual battle, I'll leave you with this;

Good luck, you're going to need it.

BigToof

Quote from: Cammerz on June 25, 2012, 10:30:40 PM
It looks like 5th wants to leave you a very memorable farewell BT, that deathstar unit will not be easy.
While I'm not entirely sure what's going on within the fluff, I like it and I'm sure all will be explained later. The bit with Bella is certainly enjoyable, and somehow reminds me of Doctor Who plots from previous years. And of course how she reacts with Allonia is just superb writing on your part.

Despite the fact that you've almost certainly already finished the actual battle, I'll leave you with this;

Good luck, you're going to need it.

Thanks for the reply Cammerz!
I hope the rep lives up to expectations!

Best,
-BT

-----------------------------------------------------

Turn 1: Vect
------------------------

Lady D'ysperax watched with a sense of exhilaration as Lord Vect stood next to her on the small hill.  He hadn't said very much, but there was a feeling of something grand, something... unexpected that was palpable in the air.  She checked her ghostholo again.  Late.  Y'stral was late.  A small crooked smirk crossed her face.  Vect had killed for worse.  The Archon of the Grisly Hand was clearly pushing his luck.

The sky darkened for a moment as a small group of Dark Eldar skimmers broke through the atmosphere, barely coming to a controlled formation a safe distance away.  A familiar voice was screaming out epithets that she could make out at this distance.  Y'stral had, in his own rather senseless way, arrived.

------------------------------------

Archon Y'stral was bellowing at his minions.  Again.  "You incompetent morons!  Are you trying to get me killed?!  Do you know who is watching us?"

"Lord Vect."

The Archon whirled to see Bella on her Raider full of distorted monstrosities.  She hadn't even looked up from her notes.

"Yes, Lord Vect.  Which means we're looking like idiots in front of..."

There was a sudden flicker as all of the Ghost-holos on the Raiders and Ravagers came to life.

Y'stral snarled as he saw the beautious visage of Lady D'ysperax smiling at him.

"You.  What do you want?  How did you get on my frequency?  It's a closed channel!  I..."

Lady D'ysperax let go a high pitched laugh that grated on Y'stral's nerves.

"Oh my dear, dear Y'stral.  I have my ways.  But today's not about me, darling.  Today is all about you."

Y'stral frowned.  He peered down at the group of huge Grotesques some distance away.  There were two Eldar down there.  One was D'ysperax, the other was...

"Khaine's balls."

Lady D'ysperax smirk flourished into a full predatory grin.
"Ah, now he understands.  Lord Vect has granted me the honour of being here on this special day...  The day you die."

---------------------------------

Vect and the Lady D-star move forward and drop their portal right in the middle of everything.  They're still in cover, but it doesn't matter much.  That's... going to be inconvenient.

Picture Caption: Gauntlet thrown.  Uh... run away?

Turn 1: Y'stral
------------------
"Reverse course, get us the hell out of here!"  Y'stral leapt away from the Ghostholos trying to find purchase against the hull of his Raider.

"Inadvisable.  Numerous vessels detected in low orbit.  Currently out of weapons range."

Y'stral swiveled his head to look at Bella who hand was a blur moving across a few of her machines.

The Archon paced for a moment, considered his options, and then nodded.

"If we're trapped, we're trapped.  But let's show them we can bite.  Haemo!  Let's show them that two can play at this portal game!"

---------------------

So... yeah, I get the heck out of dodge.  Which is to say that I move Y'stral to the left, bailing him out and popping his portal.  Bella the same to the right.  Hopefully they're both out of assault range...
The Ravagers move back a bit, but I don't get a single wound on the mighty Vect-Lady D-star.

Picture Caption: Yeah...  We're screwed.

Turn 2: Vect
-------------------
There was a roar from the Webway portal, and Lady D'yspearx chuckled a bit, watching the Reavers fly out.  X'anchi had sent some of her best Wyches-on-jetbikes to aid them.

She glanced over at her rival, who was trying his best to not be trod on by his Grotesques.  She shook her head.  Arrogant, ambitious, foolhardy.  Valuable traits, but deadly in the wrong combination...

-------------------

Vect thankfully only gets a unit of Reavers and a group of Warriors.  The Warriors move out the left and try to zap Y'stral's Raider, shaking it, but that's about it.
The Reavers move out to the right, but are far out of 9" for their heatlance.  They try anyway, but I make my necessary cover save.  They fly back into cover.

Picture Caption: That... wasn't so bad...

Turn 2: Y'stral
-------------------
Y'stral smirked to himself.  Vect's forces were slow in getting out of their portals.  Dripping in piecemeal it would be simplicity in itself to take them apart with their lances.  Now was the time to act!

The Archon stood up next to his Grotesques and pointed an imperious finger at Vect.

"Now you're in trouble!  Minions!  Forward!"

There was an audible pause as nothing came out of the Webway.

Y'stral tapped his foot and looked expectantly at the portal.  Veins bulged on his forehead and then he bellowed into his Ghostholo.

"If something doesn't come out NOW, there's going to be a lot of non-living morons very VERY soon!"

A moment later, the portal on the opposite sde of the battlefield shimmered, and a huge, ponderous creature exited.  It raised it's mighty, brutish arms and spoke.

"Mega-Bay'tor is here!  Bay'tor will...  will...  Where is everyone else?  Bay'tor is not point-Eldar!  Bay'tor is very bad with points!  Stupid Wyches lied to Bay'tor!"

Y'stral paused for a moment as reality set in.

"Fat guys.  Get back in the Raider.  We're out of here."
-----------------------

I roll for reserves and get... Bay'tor.  Seriously?  Really?

So I move Bay'tor out to the right.  He lays his Liquifier gun out (as AP2!), knocking out a few... and they run back out of assault range.  That wasn't... good.
And Y'stral and Bella get back in their Raiders and haul tuckus for the corners.
Mass darklight on the Warriors knock them down to one Warrior.  Who makes his morale roll.  Joy.

Picture Caption: Do I have to shake the Webway or something?

KPs:
Vect: 0
Y'stral: 0

-------------------

To Be Continued!
BigToof Points:

BigToof

Turn 3: Vect
------------------
Lady D'ysperax sighed, leaning against a chunk of rubble.

Y'stral wasn't playing at all, just hiding away like a frightened Mon'Keigh.
Typical, really.

She glanced back at Lord Vect, who remained eerily quiet, watching the battlefield with a quiet seriousness that she hadn't seen in quite some time.

The Lady felt a grin cross her face.  There was a secret here.  She could feel it. 
Something delicious was just under the surface, bubbling to the top...
-------------------

Vect gets everyone but the Hellions.  The Chronos, perhaps realizing that mass lances are not good for it's complexion, goes to hide out in the backfield.  The two Warriors go to stand around on the big hill, next to the remaining Reavers (who of course rallied).  They are all looking rather malevolently at Bay'tor (doh!).  The second pack of Reavers come in on the left side and zip forward to try shots at the Ravager in the back.

Shooting is mixed.

Mass fire goes out at Bay'tor, but he hangs on a single wound as he's filled to the gills with lance and poison fire.

The Reavers on the left manage to land a single shot on the Ravager, but I've got decent cover and roll the necessary save.

Picture Caption: Wow, no KP's yet?  What's going on?

Turn 3: Y'stral
---------------------
Hekatrix Allonia squinted in the sunlight as she walked out of the Webway portal.  There had been enough time for the enemy waiting out there to hopefully finish shooting Bay'tor.  What in the world were they fighting against?  The Archon hadn't said, but hopefully if they had Supreme Lord Vect with them, fighting should be easier than...

The thought-stream fizzled and died in Allonia's brain as she looked out and saw their opponent: Dark Eldar.  Flying colours she did recognize: The Kabal of the Black Heart. 
Lord Vect's own.

She swallowed as she then heard a bark from her ghost holo.

Archon Y'stral's livid face appeared.

"Get to the front and start stabbing things!"

Allonia tried to respond, but the transmission faded out.  She nodded, looked at the rest of her Wyches who seemed more than a little nervous.  She looked at the Wyches next to them as well.  Her rival, Hekatrix Ray'keth looked more than a little pensive, and Allonia could smell the fear on her from here.  Fine and well enough.  Perhaps a little fighting is what Ray'keth would need to...

"Oh!  Oh!  Cramp!   Foot cramp!"

Allonia rolled her eyes and looked at Ray'keth who was suddenly hobbling comically on one foot.

"Allonia, darling, I don't know how this happened.  All of that wanton debauchery I guess is catching up with me.  Best not to disappoint the Archon.  Don't worry, I'll guard the Portal!"

Before she could retort, Ray'keth scampered down the hill to safety.

Allonia sighed.  Would she ever learn?
----------------------

I get both Trueborn, both Wyches... but no Hellions.  I really wanted Star, but what can you do?
The Trueborn have nothing worth shooting at, so I move them up on the left back of the board, hoping to at least sort-of threaten the Deathstar.
The two packs of Wyches have to fight to get down the mountain...
Allonia's crew roll a 6.  And Ray'keth?  A TWO.
Realizing that Ray'keth has no chance of getting to the front line, I just bail her down and out of LoS.

Allonia and Bay'tor move up for assaults (oh that's so not good).
I boost the Raiders up the flanks, hoping for decent targets next round.
And I put the most firepower I have ever put (SIX LANCES from Ravagers) to down one Warrior and FINALLY get one KP.

To assaults!
Bay'tor... fails his difficult terrain (joy).
Allonia rolls well on fleet and assault, so I decide to go big and assault the Warriors and the Reavers.  I kill a couple of Warriors, they down a Wych.  Everyone holds.

Picture Caption: That... should have been more epic...

KPs:
Vect: 0
Y'stral: 1 (finally!)

Turn 4: Vect
-------------------
Ray'keth laughed with her fellows, leaning against the small hill that kept them safe from reprisal.  Allonia was so easy to manipulate.  It was like playing games with a child.  A rather dull one at that.  She glanced around at her Wyches who were lounging around, and decided that it would be a good time to put on her makeup and figure out the best way to steal whatever limelight the other Wyches would get.  Yes, indeed, she thought, you had to be pretty smart to pull one over on...

"Heads!"

Ray'keth perked up at the screamed word and barely had time to draw her weapon before the buzzing band of Hellions were on them, slashing away and decapitating more than a few of the scantily clad females.

Helliarch Kay'oss of the Bloody Vultures Gang cackled to himself as he watched the Wyches scatter.  So easy, like stabbing errant children.  Mother was right, tagging along was going to be a good deal of fun at that...
--------------------

Well, Vect gets the Hellions, who unfortunately make me realize that I should have put Ray'keth a bit further away as they buzz forward.

Lady D makes my gun take a hammer as she splits off and runs towards one of my trueborn.  I... hadn't expected that.
And the Chronos moves over to help with the ongoing Reaver/Warrior fight.

Shooting is again kind of bland as the reavers utterly fail their shots as I'm still out of 9" range.

Assault is expectedly pretty nasty, as the Hellions tear apart Ray'keths band.  Allonia, however, surprises me by wiping out the Warriors and making the Reavers run off the board!  The Chronos fails to get it's tentacled mitts on a Wych and just consolidates in.  Lady D  casually destroys the Trueborn.

Picture Caption: Ick, that was... unpleasant.

KPs:
Vect: 2
Y'stral: 3

Turn 4: Y'stral
-----------------
Kay'oss laughed as he watched the Wyches run.  Only a very few survived after they begged for their pathetic lives.  Kay'oss let them go.  Better to let his renown grow.  Mother said that he was a fool to allow himself to be exiled and run with the Hellions.  Now he would show her and that imbecile Vect who the true master of the battlefield was and...

"Excuse me!  Sorry!  Are you on our side?"

Kay'oss whipped around to see another pack of Hellions.  Or at least a group that looked like Hellions.  But unlike his own motley crew with the standard array of filed teeth, tattered wychsuits and feral appearance, the new group looked like pathetic characatures.  They had clean and polished Hellboards, monogrammed Hellblades, and even wore fashionable outfits like it was court.  One of the females, the apparent leader, had sparkles in her hair and was looking at her with a wide, empty-headed looking grin.

"What?"

The girl bit her lip in thought.

"Oh, right, sorry, don't worry, I speak Hellion.  Ahem. 
Yo, yo dawg, what up?  We be Hellions too.  Me and my crew be bouncin' over here in your hood and wanna know if we gotta throwdown, a'ight?"

Kay'oss felt his hair raise up and he screamed at his equally offended Hellions.
"Kill them!  Gut them!"

Starsparkle raised her eyebrows and spoke quickly,
"Uh, that's a yes.  Sky Ponies!  Let's.  Get.  Super-Stabbity!"
-------------------
I get Star.  Thank goodness.

I move Bella's Raider over and bail her out, moving her within assault range of the Hellions.
I then look over and see a chance.  There's a pack of Warriors just hanging out behind one of the hills.  I don't think I can run in with the Grots, but Y'stral certainly could...
So I move up with the other Raider and bail out the Archon.

Shooting is again... not so great.  I think I shot down a Reaver out of spite.
Assault was also sort of bland, as my double assault downed more than half of the Hellions, but they they hit back and hold (sigh).  They of course hit and run out.

Bay'tor rolls in to help with the Wych fight and slaps the Chronus upside the head.  It goes down in a meaty chunk.  Bay'tor unfortunately also picks up the pain token... which is not what I was hoping for, but I'll take it.
And Y'stral carves up the Warriors pretty easy.  Huh, that wasn't so bad...

Picture Caption: Whoo!  Looks like we're in the lead!

KPs:
Vect: 2
Y'stral: 5

Turn 5: Vect
-------------------
Y'stral laughed madly, watching the last of the Warriors run!

"Yeah, that's it, run you pathetic fools!  The Kabal of the Black Heart!  Looks like the Kabal of the Cowardly Heart!  Ha!  Is nobody here going to give me a challenge?"

"Perhaps I can oblige."

Y'stral turned quickly and paused when he saw the regal form of Asdrubael Vect casually walk forward, bearing his scepter of pain.

The Archon of the Grisly hand swallowed.

"Vect, baby, uh...  Have I ever told you how much I respect all that you've been doing lately?..."
-------------------

And now it's getting down to the wire.
Vect separates from the Grots and charges towards Y'stral.  That's... not good.
The Grots move up to swing on the Grot Raider.
Lady D goes to eviscerate more Trueborn.
Reavers move up to try again to take down the Ravager they've been stalking all game.
And the Hellions boost up to assault Allonia!

Shooting is painful as the Reavers take down the Ravager.

Lady D chops up the Trueborn.  The Hellions move in, but Allonia rolls balls out (or it could have been that there were only a few Hellions) and takes down Kay'oss' crew!
Vect laughs off Y'strals attempts to hurt him and thankfully the Archon's Shadow field holds!  The Grots immobilize and shake the heck out of the Raider

KPs:
Vect: 4
Y'stral 6

Turn 5: Y'stral
-------------------
Pilot Ga'kar swore as the Grotesques smashed up against his Raider, ripping apart the engines despite his best evasive maneuvers.  He looked down and saw the trio of their own Grotesques standing by the side of the prow, not moving a muscle.  Cupping a hand, he yelled down to the gunner,

"Bosh't!  Get down there and get the giants to attack!  We're going to be torn apart!"

Gunner Bosh't nodded and ran down in front of the enormous creatures.

"Uh...  Move!  Fight!  Go!  ...  Ga'kar!  They're not listening to...  What's this?"

Bosh't picked up a strange looking box attached to the largest creatures' waist.  The runes on the front said, "USE ONLY IN EMERGENCY."

Opening the box, the Eldar found a small piece of slave skin with a single rune on it.

"Odd," said Bosh't, intoning his final words, "What does 'SMASH' mean?"
--------------------

And I'm about to start when my opponent reminds me I have to roll for rampage on the Grots.
Oh that's fine, how often has that ever...  Is that a 1??
The Grots tear apart the Raider and disappear, pummeling the Deathstar a bit, but not enough to do much.  Great.  Two KPs down the hole.
I move Star up to deal with the Reavers.  Everyone else pulls back to the right side of the board.

The hellions slam against the Reavers, but neither side really does much.
Y'stral and Vect beat on each other, but no field saves are failed.

KPs:
Vect: 6
Y'stral: 6

So... It's a tie if it ends now...

And the roll comes up a 4, so... no.

Turn 6: Vect & Y'stral
Everyone moves towards my mates, but it's obvious that we're too far away.
Star thankfully breaks the Reavers and catches them, securing a valuable point for the side of awesome (that's me btw).

And the fight goes... not so well, as my Djinn blade decides to foul up and give me a wound.  All of Y'stral's hits bounce off Vect.  All of Vect's hits bounce off... and the last silly little Djinn blade wound goes through!

Picture Caption: I... Yeah, this is hoisted by my own petard.  Still... Winning!

KPs:
Vect: 6
Y'stral: 7

Turn 7: Vect & Y'stral
-----------------
Y'stral snarled, slashing against Vect, but neither of the Archons could find a weakness in their defenses.  Just as Y'stral was about to suggest calling it a tie, Vect spoke a single word.

"NOW."

Y'stral heard a humming sound and felt a streak of pain run down his side.  He looked down to his own Djinn blade impaling him in the side.

"Oh, come on.  My own blade?  Seriously?  How paranoid can you get?"

Vect smiled to himself as he brought the Scepter down.

"Enough."
------------------

On Vect's turn, he obliterates Y'stral.  Still, Vect is by his lonesome.

I decide for giggles to drop off Bella and her Wracks.  They drop their Liquifier gun on Vect and... he fails his field.

The game is tied at 7 KPs.

I bring this scenario to you, dear Reader.  What would you do?

Knowing this is your LAST game of 5th.  A great and awesome edition of gaming.

Knowing that however you do now will colour your entire perception of how you did do and how you will do from now on.

Would you play conservatively and sit on your hands and take the tie?

Or would you lay it on the line, go balls out, knowing that Vect with his ultra-awesomeness could rout the squad and take the win?

What did I do?

Do you even have to ask?

I roll Bella in with her Wracks.  Vect strikes first, crushing the life out of three Wracks and wounding Bella.  But that's all I need as I drop a totally inappropriate number of poisoned wounds on the great Vect and TAKE HIM DOWN.  (alright, more like he flubbed his rolls and barely lost his last wounds, but give up a little bit for artistic license, won't you? :) )

Picture Caption: Hell.  YEAH.

KPs:
Vect: 7
Y'stral: 8

Result: Y'stral Victory!

Post-Game Thoughts:
A great game!  Wow.  I... wow.  I was doing so, so well, and then Vect came back and really ate up my army like it was sake cakes.

Cammerz, somehow pulled it out of his mental box and called it, but it was epic.
I can't say otherwise.  It was everything I had hoped for and more.
Everyone did well, we tried, and it was a nightmare scenario against a tough as nails Deathstar.  And we somehow came up on top.

I... yeah.  I love this list.  I'm sad to see it go as sixth comes in.
Thank you all for reading and being on this great journey with us and hope you'll come back for more...

Always,
-BT

Bella stepped over the wounded and immobile Lord Vect and nodded for her Wracks to pick up the Archon's body.  She looked at his face, so broken and empty.  She would fix him, it would be simple enough and then... then...

There was a slow and terrible laugh, as she looked over and saw Archon Vect pulling himself to his feet.

"Hello now.  My, this is familiar."

Bella turned her head in confusion.  It did seem... similar.  Something about his mannerisms...  She couldn't exactly...

"But it isn't to you, is it little one?  No," continued Vect, "It isn't.  Do you know who you are?  What you were?"

Bella frowned.  The questions were odd, yet... familiar...

"Put down the piece of street trash.  He doesn't deserve you.  I'm... surprised to see that you developed this far.  That even a shadow somehow seeks out the light.  Let him go and I can give you what you want.  What you are...  Li'lan'dara."

Bella took a step back.  The name... It... seemed...  So...

She could feel every neuron shake in her head as things seemed to fight for control.  Everything screamed at her to listen, to do what Lord Vect said.  To give in to...

And then she looked at Y'stral again.  His fiery lips, his curved brow.  Dead.  He needed her.

Bella stood straighter and motioned for her Wracks to continue.

As she passed the wounded Vect, he murmured to her, "You're making a mistake.  If you keep walking, you will never have your answers."

Bella nodded, "I suppose I will have to make them then.  Goodbye Lord Vect.  It was... pleasant to meet you."
---------------------------------

Far away, a hidden group of Eldar watched from their concealed chamber.  They had seen the motions of the future and deciphered the changes that were coming.
Soon, very soon, everything would be different.  And that meant that for the future of all Eldar, steps would be needed to be taken...
BigToof Points:

Cammerz

Well done on a great report, and all of the previous ones from this edition.

The Bella ending seems to me to be the perfect way to finish 5th and I hope we'll find out more eventually in your many future 6th edition reports.

Congrats on the win, I'm glad that you had Bella finish off Vect, I always love it when the serious special characters meet their end at the hands of one of yours, (I vaguely remember Grumgutz killing someone, maybe Calgar or something like that but I can't quite recall as it was some time ago).

I'm greatly looking forward to your first report with the new rulebook and I'm sure it will be something special.

Job's a good un!

The Man They Call Jayne

That was an EPIC last game. Well Played :)

I don't entirely get the last little bit of fluff, but I havent read the DE codex.

Looking forward to your first game of 6th :)

Rej

Hey hey! Great report! Brilliant way to end 5th! The Bella Intrigue I like a lot and am looking forward to finding out more. Although I would like to have seen what Lady D thought of the ending.

Can't wait to start reading more in 6th!!!
Phew...

BigToof

Thank you all for the very much for the kind comments!

Quote from: Cammerz on June 29, 2012, 12:01:47 AM
Well done on a great report, and all of the previous ones from this edition.

The Bella ending seems to me to be the perfect way to finish 5th and I hope we'll find out more eventually in your many future 6th edition reports.

Congrats on the win, I'm glad that you had Bella finish off Vect, I always love it when the serious special characters meet their end at the hands of one of yours, (I vaguely remember Grumgutz killing someone, maybe Calgar or something like that but I can't quite recall as it was some time ago).

I'm greatly looking forward to your first report with the new rulebook and I'm sure it will be something special.

Job's a good un!

Hi Cammerz,
I did not intend Bella to attack Vect.  In fact, Vect was the very last thing I wanted to challenge.  However, given the situation, I had to go out as big as possible.  If I had failed spectacularly, I would of course report it (but the fluff might umm... leaning towards some unfortunate calamity instead..)
I'm glad you've liked the series, and I hope that when 6th drops, you'll be pleased with whatever fevered creation drops out of my brain :)

Quote from: The Primarch They Call Magnus on June 29, 2012, 01:20:41 AM
That was an EPIC last game. Well Played :)

I don't entirely get the last little bit of fluff, but I havent read the DE codex.

Looking forward to your first game of 6th :)

Thanks for the comment.  I really liked the game as well.  The last bit is just a hint that I may be joining up Eldar/Dark Eldar for 6th.  I have a couple of character ideas, but want to see the fluff changes (if any) in the big book and also the rules for myself.
Hope to see you back!

Quote from: Rej on June 29, 2012, 01:28:16 AM
Hey hey! Great report! Brilliant way to end 5th! The Bella Intrigue I like a lot and am looking forward to finding out more. Although I would like to have seen what Lady D thought of the ending.

Can't wait to start reading more in 6th!!!

Thanks Rej, very kind of you to say.
Sixth will be great.
Oh, and just because you asked...

-----------------------------------
Epilogue
-------------------------------

Lord Vect watched the tattered remains of the Grisly Hand vanish through the portal.  Things had not gone according to plan.  It was... surprising.  He was still trying to find out which was more, his amusement over the situation or his growing ire over being rebuffed.  That was when he heard a maternal sigh and looked to see Lady D'ysperax walk over shaking her head.

"Goodness.  She chose that little whelp over you?  Stings, doesn't it?"

Vect made no movement, facial or otherwise, to betray any emotion.  It was if the Lady wasn't even there.  But Lady D'ysperax could tell that something had been struck deep within the great Lord.  Something potentially vibrant.

"You know, I've had problems just like this.  You tell yourself that you're above such petty nonsense, but when it gets down to it...  We Eldar are creatures of emotion, of magnificent extremes that other races can old imagine in their wildest dreams of blissful envy.  And of all of them, the one that hurts the most is jealousy."

Vect made a slight turn of his head in her direction.  Lady D'ysperax smiled and continued.

"But I have been thinking, my Great Lord," she purred, "And I believe I have a potential means to solve our mutual problem.  All it requires is a subtle... relaxing of certain restrictions."

Vect spoke in carefully measured tones, "Which restrictions?"

Lady D'ysperax's grin widened, and she snapped her fingers.  Dark and malevolent creatures rolled out from the shadows.

"Oh my dear, dear Lord Vect.  It is good to have friends.  We just have to broaden our horizons is all I am saying.  After all, we Eldar did try it once, that's not to mean that we shouldn't get in touch with old acquaintances again..."

----------------------------------------------------
BigToof Points:

Rej

Thankyou. Excellent. Just Excellent. I love the teasers and hints.

And Lady D. So Sultry.
Phew...

The Man They Call Jayne