News:

Cammerz brings us some fantastically painted and customised Alpha Legion. Check out their work with detail shots and design insight.

Main Menu

Well, the FAQ is here

Started by Scout Sergeant Mkoll, June 30, 2012, 12:34:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scout Sergeant Mkoll

Dark Eldar FAQ is downloadable from this page

Now admittedly I haven't seen much of the 6th ed rules so far so I don't know how much these changes work in conjunction with them. It seems Incubi with Demi-klaives will be more common as they seem to be the only AP2 combat weapon, though I notice Agonisers aren't mentioned in the FAQ.

The biggest change for me really is not being able to assault when arriving from a Webway portal. Though I believe some units got faster anyway so it may not actually affect me that much.

Thoughts and opinions? Is anyone fortunate enough to have the main rulebook already and give us more information on some of the main changes for Dark Eldar?

Had to modify your link to point to the downloading page, rather than directly to the pdf, as per the forum rules.
-MT
Mkoll's Awesome Card Counter: +8

May the brave be remembered forever. Farewell our friends.

Quote from: Mabbz on June 03, 2011, 10:43:53 AM
Mkoll wins.

Quote from: LordDemon
Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to catch you.

[img]http

Will's on Fire

Kheradruakh is now even less worth it than he was before being Ap3... They only guys you wanted him to unsuccessfully kill will now have 2+ saves against him making it an even less effective thought.

Flickerfield works against Dangerous terrain, is that new? Seems like an interesting ruling to me. :P

- Will

BigToof

Ah... remodeling time...

Just change everything that needs AP2 to a "power weapon" and give it an axe.  End to story.
I'm putting one on my aberration.
Who now has FNP against Power Fists.  Who no longer has to take fearless wounds.

Ah, it's good to be DE...

Best,
-BT
BigToof Points:

Cammerz: 8
Waaaghpower: 1
The Man They Call Jayne: 3
Mabbz: 6
Archon Sharrek: 3

Scout Sergeant Mkoll

Quote from: Will Vas Fire on June 30, 2012, 03:58:40 PM
Kheradruakh is now even less worth it than he was before being Ap3... They only guys you wanted him to unsuccessfully kill will now have 2+ saves against him making it an even less effective thought.

Flickerfield works against Dangerous terrain, is that new? Seems like an interesting ruling to me. :P

- Will
I never bothered with Kheradruakh anyway. Baron Sathonyx ftw. :P

Yeah, the Dangerous terrain vs Flickerfield is new. Previously it could only be taken against glancing or penetrating hits.

Quote from: BigToof on July 01, 2012, 12:46:05 AM
Just change everything that needs AP2 to a "power weapon" and give it an axe.  End to story.
I'm putting one on my aberration.
Who now has FNP against Power Fists.  Who no longer has to take fearless wounds.

Ah, it's good to be DE...

Best,
-BT
Will power axes cost more than a power weapon, or the same price? And don't they strike at lower Initiative? I'm sure I heard that somewhere.

PS: Thanks MT, knew I was forgetting something. :P
Mkoll's Awesome Card Counter: +8

May the brave be remembered forever. Farewell our friends.

Quote from: Mabbz on June 03, 2011, 10:43:53 AM
Mkoll wins.

Quote from: LordDemon
Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to catch you.

[img]http

Grumpy Kwi

Kheradruahk will kill the basic sergent power fist but other than that he did get worse. You could probably use him to do a heroic intervention but he is pretty much a meat sack.

A power weapon for us is pretty much the same - an ax or sword makes no difference, it will be the same cost for either.

As for the FAQ - the WWP ruling is a serious kick to the groin. I am very upset about not assaulting out of the portal but for those of you who didn't use it nothing has changed for you. For me, I have to reconsider the entire order of battle as well as only getting to put 50% of my army in reserve.

Looks like you put your shooting units in the portal and keep your assault units starting on the table - still, they just took a facet of Dark Eldar away and made us a lot slower to assault to boot.

Very disappointed, we will just have to adapt.
Now that Nostradamus is dead there is a good chance he will not be writing the DE codex again.

BigToof

The WWP nerf was just awful.
But then again, it did make backfields safe for DE as well, as now you can't get assaulted either.
Still, I will miss my mass Hellion assaults, but times are a changing...

I can see how it would be good for Reavers, but right now, I think they might be best used for their new best friend: The Jetbike Farseer.
So many of the Telepathy powers use LoS and have mediocre range (24"), however, they are downright devestating.

Using the Reavers to get in fast and then afterwards do solid anti-tank is just awesome.  With skilled Rider, they are hard to hit and with Night Fight half the time, you're pretty hard to hit, even on Turn one.
I do like that they gave us night-fight, as it lets us sit out at 48" and then just strike in with Dark Lances from every which way.

As for assault, I think I'm going to use my standard brutality of Archon+Grotesques, both with AP2 axes and a Djinn blade, just in case.

I hate to say it, but Mandrakes might have some use, as you can now deploy very far away from your Raider and into the Mandrakes, who (in night fight) are really hard to hit.  Another good place to potentially hide your Farseer or other unit that you want to keep hidden until the time is right.

So... kind of backwards from where we were at in 5th:
Wyches for vehicles (and walkers.  Oh, you Dreads are SO dead in this edition)
Warriors for infantry (the blaster is key for keeping people from just putting a terminator character in front and making you waste your shots.  Blaster shot hitting will make them potentially lose their wall if they fail their LOS roll).
Archons and Grotesques for PF/PW elites.

Best,
-BT
BigToof Points:

Cammerz: 8
Waaaghpower: 1
The Man They Call Jayne: 3
Mabbz: 6
Archon Sharrek: 3