News:

For the most up to date reports about what is going on with the forum, and the latest topics of interest, throw us a like on Facebook, and if you're wanting some light banter with the seasoned and spiced members, join the Second Sphere Members Group.

Main Menu

HQ Contest [RULES]

Started by Hive Lord, July 10, 2012, 07:57:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hive Lord

Part 2 of our rebooted Competition Calendar! Check out the thread here for more information on current and upcoming contests!

Whether they lead in the front lines with sword held high and bloodlust in their eyes, or sit back in the command tent and pore over strategic maps, at the core of every army lies a great leader. This contest is open to any single HQ model - the lone character, without any retinue they might have.

Dates:

• Entries can be submitted via a PM to Thantos Masked Thespian from July 1st until August 22nd.
  • Voting will take place between August 23rd and August 30th.
  • Winners will be announced on the 31st of August.

Prizes:
1st Place - 10pts
2nd Place - 5pts
3rd Place - 2pts

(The top 3 all receive official 2S winners seals as well).

The winner of this contest will also be able to lay their grubby little mitts on a fantastic shiny set of Custom Second Sphere Dice:

Rules:

• The unit must be a legal HQ choice in a current edition 40k Codex;
    • Transport options, such as Rhinos or Mycetic Spores, may not be included;
    • Up to three pictures of your entry may be submitted;
    • Forgeworld models and Monstrous Creatures are accepted;
    • A caption or title of up to 10 words may be included as part of your entry;
    • Depending on response, entries may be divided by a panel of impartial judges into Master and Novice tiers for the purposes of voting;
    • The models may not have been entered in a previous contest;
    • The models must be fully painted;
    • Photos of your entry may not exceed 800x600 pixels.

Sorck

I think I have ample models available for this contest. :D

I assume this includes any HQ choices that are units? e.g. Imperial Guard Company Command Sqauds?

Masked Thespian

Please note the amendment to the contest rules; entries are now to be PMed to myself rather than Thantos, who is taking a well deserved break (or so I gather).
Regards,
MT.
Quote from: Ravager Zero
Freaking mod-ninja. :P

Although, given that you're in Japan now, I suppose that's entirely legit. :shifty:

Thantos

Yup indeed Sorck ;D Make sure you get good pics of the whole squad.

As MT says, im away for a couple of weeks in the mountains where internet is scarse, wont be back to civilisation until the 1st August  :P Make sure you PM MT your entries guys!

Soundwave

Did my PM get sent? I dont see it in the  my messages folder :(

Masked Thespian

Apologies.  PMs were only sent out for the Troops entrants.  PMs have now been sent out to HQ entrants too.
Regards,
MT.

Although, given that you're in Japan now, I suppose that's entirely legit. :shifty:

Will's on Fire

I have an entry for this. Something different to the style I usually paint so should be interesting. :D

- Will

Tempest Six Two

Huzzah, entry submitted! I've really missed the comps on here, at least in the downtime i've been able to paint up a few new things :)
My mini painting and terrain building blog- come check it out: http://tempest-terrain.blogspot.com/

[IMG]http://secondsphere.org/award.php?i=384&k=d2dd7e&m

Masked Thespian

Quote from: Will Vas Fire on July 25, 2012, 04:24:53 PM
I have an entry for this. Something different to the style I usually paint so should be interesting. :D

- Will

Haven't received anything from you yet; did you send your entry in?
Regards,
MT.

Will's on Fire

Quote from: Masked Thespian on July 30, 2012, 08:03:31 AM
Quote from: Will Vas Fire on July 25, 2012, 04:24:53 PM

- Will

Haven't received anything from you yet; did you send your entry in?

Nah, I'll be sending it around the 7th or 8th of August maybe a little later need to get some other stuff out the way first.

Cheers for checking though. :)

- Will

Rej

Well I just sent in my Entry after a little touch up.
Phew...

Will's on Fire

Got my entry in yesterday. Ahead of my schedule, good times. :P

- Will

Soundwave

Do I need to redo my submission i read there had been a crash?

Masked Thespian

Quote from: Soundwave on August 08, 2012, 02:43:25 AM
Do I need to redo my submission i read there had been a crash?

Nope, you're all good with regards to your HQ entry.
Regards,
MT.

Tempest Six Two

Not long now, hope we've got a good number of entries for this one...
My mini painting and terrain building blog- come check it out: http://tempest-terrain.blogspot.com/

[IMG]http://secondsphere.org/award.php?i=384&k=d2dd7e&m