News:

For the most up to date reports about what is going on with the forum, and the latest topics of interest, throw us a like on Facebook, and if you're wanting some light banter with the seasoned and spiced members, join the Second Sphere Members Group.

Main Menu

Started by InsaneTD, May 18, 2013, 03:39:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cammerz

Basically, if I were taking a 2000pt Daemon army I could have four Bloodthirsters, two Aegis Defence Lines and two Allied Detachments however both Allied Detachments would have to come from the same codex eg. two Chaos Space Marine detachments, not one CSM and one Ork.

Tempest Six Two

Australia has been running mainly 1850pts for tournies for about 3 years now. Personally I find it to be an annoying number- 1750 seems a good number for building the Marine lists I'm used to, the extra 100pts either ends up buying something useless, or you have to go back and start making wholesale changes and therefore your strategies and tactics may need changing as well. Maybe that's just me, but I remember 1750 list building in 5th to be easier...

There's been a bit of discussion for a while about going to 2k but I reckon it takes long enough to play a game as it is...
My mini painting and terrain building blog- come check it out: http://tempest-terrain.blogspot.com/

[IMG]http://secondsphere.org/award.php?i=384&k=d2dd7e&m

Charistoph

Quote from: Chicop76 on May 30, 2013, 11:51:37 AM
So 4 bloodthirsters is still legal. Just you can only ally once, but you can take double the ally. Like 2 chaos lords with 2 plague marines and 2 sonic marines as long as you have the proper icons on your lords.

You would still need 2 Ally Troops with that list.  FOC movement for 6th Edition codices are only available for the Primary Detachment.  The Lords cannot move Cult Marines like the Plague or Noise Marines if they are an Allied HQ.

So, it would read more like, "4 Bloodthirsters, 4 squads of Bloodletters, 2 Chaos Lords and 2 Cultist Squads."
Are you a Wolf, a Sheep, or a Hound?

Quote from: Megavolt-They called me crazy.  They called me insane!  THEY CALLED ME LOONEY!! and boy, were they right."

Chicop76

Quote from: Charistoph on May 31, 2013, 07:32:38 PM
So 4 bloodthirsters is still legal. Just you can only ally once, but you can take double the ally. Like 2 chaos lords with 2 plague marines and 2 sonic marines as long as you have the proper icons on your lords.

You would still need 2 Ally Troops with that list.  FOC movement for 6th Edition codices are only available for the Primary Detachment.  The Lords cannot move Cult Marines like the Plague or Noise Marines if they are an Allied HQ.

So, it would read more like, "4 Bloodthirsters, 4 squads of Bloodletters, 2 Chaos Lords and 2 Cultist Squads."

Noo. I was correct. If you take 4 nurgling squads which comes out to being 150 points and 1 k points for cheap thirsters it will leave you 8oo points for a few plague marines and sonic marines with 2 lords. I did it on army builder already just to see.

For real abuse you can possibly take 4 thirsters with 6 cheap ground princes with 4 nurgling squads. You will might lose in some secenrios due to no scoring, but wth 10 MCs i with 4 that fly I think against most armies you would do fine. However one thrister is bad enough, 3 more would be hard to deal with.

Cammerz

Quote from: Chicop76 on May 31, 2013, 08:24:17 PM
Quote from: Charistoph on May 31, 2013, 07:32:38 PM

Noo. I was correct. If you take 4 nurgling squads which comes out to being 150 points and 1 k points for cheap thirsters it will leave you 8oo points for a few plague marines and sonic marines with 2 lords. I did it on army builder already just to see.

For real abuse you can possibly take 4 thirsters with 6 cheap ground princes with 4 nurgling squads. You will might lose in some secenrios due to no scoring, but wth 10 MCs i with 4 that fly I think against most armies you would do fine. However one thrister is bad enough, 3 more would be hard to deal with.

He's saying that the Plague/Noise Marines wouldn't count as troops because only Lords in the Primary Detachment (not allied detachment) could move them from Elites to Troops.

I would dearly love to have an army containing four Bloodthirsters, one is great but in my last game he got eaten by Tau shooting before he made it into combat (admittedly it was a huge amount of shooting but if I'd had a second they would have been unstoppable).

Kur'os

Is that true for all FOC movement?  Big Mek's and Deff Dreads for example?

-Kur'os

Cammerz

The CSM book specifies that the character must be in the primary detachment, the Ork codex was written before detachments existed so unless the FAQ/Errata has changed it then you should be able to take an allied detachment with a Big Mek and a Troops Deff Dread.

EDIT: I've just taken a quick look at the Ork Errata and I didn't notice anything written there.

Kur'os

Quote from: Cammerz on June 10, 2013, 05:29:24 PM
The CSM book specifies that the character must be in the primary detachment...

Oh, that explains why I had never heard of that.  I don't play CSM, and my friends who do rarely take allies.

Good to know that my silly 2 model ally force is good to go. 

-Kur'os