News:

Cammerz brings us some fantastically painted and customised Alpha Legion. Check out their work with detail shots and design insight.

Main Menu

Heroclix

Started by Narric, December 25, 2013, 10:27:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Narric

In my pile of Lut for this XMas, I got a set of Bioshock Infinite Heroclix. First time I've actually had a look at the game pieces and rules.

I'm actually kinda of surprised. Sure the Rulebook that came with the models explains a lot, but it doesn't really explain how to play the game itself. Does anybody have a clearer way of explaining the rules?

Also, thread for Heroclix discussion :P

silverfuge

I have the halo ones somewhere. Their not too bad but getting an opponent is hard.
Gm is God

Masked Thespian

First things first, go to the Wizkids Rules Page and download the 2013 Heroclix Core Rulebook and the 2013 Powers and Abilities Card.  Sometimes the rules and PAC you get in starters isn't as up to date as it could be, and getting the latest version of the rules is always a good idea.

Heroclix, like Warhammer 40,000, works off of the idea that you build an army (or Team, in Heroclix terms) to a certain points value and then you play a game against another Team of the same points value until someone wins the game; most casual games are played until one side is wiped out, but tournament games often use scenarios and/or time limits.  Unlike 40k, which has free-form terrain on a bare tabletop, a map divided into squares with various rules for certain terrain is used.

I've not actually played the game myself (due to lack of opponents here in Japan), though I have a reasonable understanding of the rules.  Were there any particular questions you wanted to ask?
Regards,
MT.
Quote from: Ravager Zero
Freaking mod-ninja. :P

Although, given that you're in Japan now, I suppose that's entirely legit. :shifty:

Narric

I seem to have found answers to most of my questions. Such as how far does each person move, and how do you know if they have a Ranged attack.

I find it kinda odd and funny that a characters Ranged Attack can be just as damaging as a Melee attack :P

I'm also in the same boat of not actually having anyone to play against :P and it doesn't help I'm critical of the design of the models I have. Daisy Fitzroy is a freakin twig for gods sake :P And they all seem to have tiny feet :P

Masked Thespian

Quote from: Narric on January 05, 2014, 06:29:09 PM
I seem to have found answers to most of my questions. Such as how far does each person move, and how do you know if they have a Ranged attack.

Compared to Warhammer, I find it it quite novel to have everything presented on the model's base.

I find it kinda odd and funny that a characters Ranged Attack can be just as damaging as a Melee attack :P

True, but bear in mind that the core of Heroclix is superheroes.  Superman can punch just as hard as he can use his eye lasers.

It's also easier to keep track of a single damage stat in a game that much simpler than 40k, though (although it is amended by the individual powers that the characters have).

I'm also in the same boat of not actually having anyone to play against :P and it doesn't help I'm critical of the design of the models I have. Daisy Fitzroy is a freakin twig for gods sake :P And they all seem to have tiny feet :P

It's not quite GW's level of modelling, is it?   :P
Regards,
MT.
Quote from: Ravager Zero
Freaking mod-ninja. :P

Although, given that you're in Japan now, I suppose that's entirely legit. :shifty: