News:

For the most up to date reports about what is going on with the forum, and the latest topics of interest, throw us a like on Facebook, and if you're wanting some light banter with the seasoned and spiced members, join the Second Sphere Members Group.

Main Menu

Warhounds [SW] vs Blood Angels - 1850

Started by Arguleon-veq, January 25, 2013, 11:21:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arguleon-veq

So I was having a game today against a mate of mine who hasnt played many larger games this edition although he has entered some smaller point value tournaments [600 points]. Of our group of players me and two others are competative and play at quite a few tournies and against tourny players from a nearby club, the rest, this guy included arent arent as  into the whole tournament scene or coming up with competative builds. With that in mind I helped him make this list a few months back using his Lamenters models he owned as a core then adding things he liked whilst trying to keep it competative.

Here is my list;

Rune Priest: Chooser
Rune Priest: Lvl2
10 Hunters: 2 Melta, Banner, Pod
10 Hunters: 2 Melta, Banner, Pod
5 Long Fangs: 4 Missiles
5 Long Fangs: 4 Missiles

Primaris:
Platoon Command:
50 Guard: 4 Power Axes, 3 Flamers, 3 Autocannons, 4 Melta Bombs, Commissar
Special Weapon Team: 3 Flamers
2x Vendetta: +HB's
Manticore:

His list was;

Libby;
10 Tacs
; Missile, Plasma
5 Scouts; Cloaks, Snipers, HB
5 Assault Marines; Melta, Fist
5 Assault Marines; Melta, Fist
Razor; Ass Cannon
Razor; Ass Cannon
Furioso; Frag Cannon
Furioso; Frag Cannon
Pod;
Pod;
Pod;
Storm Raven
; Ass Cannon, Multi Melta
7 Death Company; Axe, Fist
7 Terminators; TH/SS

As usual with his Lamenters when he rolled for the thirst not a single unit fell victim to it, pretty fitting seeing as the fluff says Lamenters are cured.

I was actually quite worried about this list despite it being much friendlier than what im usually playing and the reason for that is the Furiosos, they could cause havoc when they land and I would struggle to bring them down.
X-Wing Tournaments;
1st - 38
11th - 33

Arguleon-veq

Powers; He took Smiting and Fear of Darkness [with it being pretty much the perfect power for Lamenters], I got nothing at all useful on my primaris, jaws and lightning on my lvl1 and prescience and the one that makes a unit not get cover saves from my squads shooting as my squads shooting was AP4 at best.

Traits: I got to re roll reserves, he got conquerer of cities on my city ruins table...

Mission: Purge the Alien
Deployment: Pitched

Turn 1:

He won the roll for first turn, he had deployed his razors out on my left flank knowing that their speed would get them back in the game if i played a refused flank. His quad gun manned by his libby and tacs were on my right flank, termies centre. scouts in a building on my right, behind the tacs with the death company also on this flank.

I deployed on the right flank opposite his heaviest forces as it gave my horde a big bunker to sit in and it would bring my lasguns into the game, fangs on both sides of the bunker, manticore and command behind.

One furioso landed on my leftmost fangs the second right at the base of my hordes bunker. His razors started to move across whilst his termies and death comp advanced. His first furioso fragged my fangs, killing 2. The fire from his quadgun and tac squad killing another. His second furioso fragged my horde killing 11 including one of my axe sarges. No first blood to him though.

My pod then crashed down behind his furioso in front of my bunker the grey hunters ready to melta it in the back. Annoyingly his quadgun wrecked my pod with intercept and so he got first blood in my turn. I REALLY needed to take both furisos out this turn before they started to make a mess of my army. The two meltas hit the back of their target, two pens resulted in a stunned and immobalised dread but then my 16 bolt rounds couldnt find a 6 to take the last hull point off. Then I put my a manticore, two rockets, 3 twin linked auto cannons and a living lightning into the other furioso but lightning failed on a double 6, losing me a wound and after all was done I had taken 2 hull points and shook it, so it was still free to charge me.

My other long fangs only really had a shot at one of his pods and they wrecked it.

Turn 2:

His raven and empty pod arrive. The pod going out in a corner to stay safe. The raven makes an attack run on my remaining 2 fangs from my lefthand squad and finishes them off whilst his other fire thins my grey hunters in the centre to soften them up for a death company charge. The shaken furioso then gets off a long charge on my manticore and smashes it into scrap metal. The death company charge me and after the combat I am left with 4 grey hunters facing off against 4 death company.

Things are looking pretty bad for me but my vendettas and my second pod arrive. The second pod lands to reinforce the first and they finish their job too when they put their meltas into the rear of the immobalised furioso. My surviving fangs then take the last hull point from the furioso that had killed my manticore. I open up with my horde on the termies but he denies the witch on living lightning and I only manage to kll 2 terminators. Combat seen me reduced to 1 grey hunter but he holds. The vendettas blow the storm raven away with 5 penetrating hits.

Score; 4-3 BA

Turn 3:

His razors pour some fire into my intact grey hunters along with the scouts and I lose 3 whilst the terminators are still a little too far out to charge. He finishes my last grey hunter with his death company.

In my turn the 7 grey hunters from my second squad move into rapid fire range of the termies and unload fire into them along with my horde, I double 6 living lightning again and so my rune priest dies...I then get a double 1 for my meltas straight after and he rolls well for his safe, when the dust clears I have only killed 3 termies. My vendettas then put their shots into the death company in the open but only kill 3 out of 4 leaving just 1 alive.

Score; 5-3 BA

Turn 4:

Most of his shooting goes into my vendettas but I only lose a single hull point. His lone death company with fist destroys my other drop pod whilst his 2 termies charge my 7 grey hunters, i kill 1 with overwatch but then none in combat, he kills 2 and I flee.

I auto rally. My 5 grey hunters move up to finish that last terminator whilst my vendettas leave the table. My horde finish the last death company whilst my fangs blow up his other furioso pod, then explosion catches all 5 of my grey hunters, 4 are wounded and I roll 4 1's for saves...the lone melta holds his nerve but doesnt kill the lone terminator with his shot or with his attacks in combat when I charge, thankfully he misses his attacks so I at least survive.

Score; 6-5 BA

Turn 5:

There isnt a great deal he can really shoot at but his razors start to try and hide, one in my deployment zone whilst the second makes a move back towards his own board edge. My melta hunter finally kills that last terminator.

In my turn my lone grey hunter moves up to try and pop a razorback at long range whilst my vendettas swoop back on. The vendettas kill the drop pod in his corner to take it to 6-6 and I put a melta shot and 6 twin linked autocannon shots into his razorback but do nothing to it.

We roll it, the game continues.

Turn 6:

His guys in the razorback in my deployment zone get out for line breaker whilst his other razor gets pretty much to his table edge and pops smoke.

My vendettas chase it down, my special weapon team deep striking out to take line breaker which takes it to 7-7 my vendettas then open fire on the razorback and destroy it turning it to 8-7 for me. The razor back then gets a 6 for the explosion though which catches my special weapons team, 2 die and I fail my Ld test losing me line breaker and giving him an extra kill point if it ends now so my own explosion has turned it from a 8-7 for me to a 8-7 to him.

We roll it.................and the game ends!

Result; BA win 8-7!

Post game thoughts: Well, an unbelievable way to lose a game but it was a lot of fun to play and I was pleased for my mate to pick up his first win against me this edition. Me blowing up vehicles really cost me this game not only at the end but when I lost 4 out of 5 marines in the drop pod explosion too, it also didnt help me when my psyker blew himself up. It was very back and forth and when my lone meltagunner pulled it out against that last termie I thought I would take the game.  It was also super fitting that the Lamenters are meant to be surrounded bu an auro of doom that even effects their enemy as that certainly happened to my guys today! :shifty:
X-Wing Tournaments;
1st - 38
11th - 33

BigToof

Hard luck!

Sorry to see the wolves go down, but those BA certainly did seem blessed in some ways...

Hope to see another soon.

Best,
-BT
BigToof Points:

Cammerz: 8
Waaaghpower: 1
The Man They Call Jayne: 3
Mabbz: 6
Archon Sharrek: 3