News:

Cammerz brings us some fantastically painted and customised Alpha Legion. Check out their work with detail shots and design insight.

Main Menu

The Heresy (Backup) - Roleplay Thread

Started by Wargamer, May 10, 2012, 01:32:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Man They Call Jayne

Magnus lowered his head at the mention of the lost Captain.

"Understand this first. Mutation does not mean taint. Entire Legions with tiny abnormalities, others, like my own and the Emperors Children, more obvious ones. This will cause distrust, and I am preprared to deal with it, although it will be hard. I will stand for all the mutant legions if the time ever comes."

"As for the threat. . .I honestly do not know. We call it Chaos for good reason. It is wild and unpredictable and it will tear the unprepared mind apart on a whim. Why do you think we taught you the enumerations? It gives you focus. It lets you observe this chaos without being destroyed by it. Mere human minds are weak maybe 1 in a hundred million could learn to see into the Warp, and only 1 in a million of those might survive. The Eldar. . .they are ancient in the extreme. Their knowledge is beyond even I for the most part."

"As for why I am committed. . .This is a power that even Russ and Gulliman, with all there incredible feats of prowess could never hope to stop. They can barely feel the warp. Russ is Warmaster of the Imperium, his martial might knows no equal and he shall never allow us to fall to enemy blade. Guilliman will keep the Imperium stocked and armed and fed, he is its beating heart. But what good are either of them against threats from within that they cannot see? The Emperor gave them both much monour by giving them their positions. I took this position because I had no choice. I was not asked, nor ordered. I do it because in the long term, my actions here, and those of you and your brother Astartes will go down in history, we who faced the tides of Chaos and lived to tell about it. I will promise you no glory Captain. I will promise you nothing. Only that we will do what is right, even when we are not asked. "

"My brother Horus is a fine warrior. And a fine Primiarch. And you will serve him well with that which you have been taught here. My only hope is that you and the other warriors that I have given this gift to will remember this. Spread my words to them all. Tell them why we do this. And should the time come, I would be honoured to see you and Horus at my side."
Jaynes Awesome Card Counter: +5

Secondspheres Crash Card Counter +4

Rarity Declis

Loken nodded.

"Lord Primarch, may I make a suggestion?"

Magnus raised an eyebrow, and Loken took it for assent.

"I can see your passion. I think you believe it to be true. I offer something, as the First Captain, on behalf of my Primarch. The Luna Wolves are growing fast these days. I remember there being only 6 Chapters, and now 10..." Loken allowed himself a smile of the time when he'd been a humble Sergeant.

"What you have taught me, I cannot teach it well. Chaos is insidious, and I cannot simply return to my Legion and teach them a possibly flawed version of the enumerations. Will you allow for a Chapter or two of the Thousand Sons to come to Cthonia, to teach the entire Luna Wolves Legion at their heart? We may not have the gifts of the Thousand Sons, but our Legions have ever been close in spirit if not blood." Loken looked at Magnus with earnest grey eyes.

The Man They Call Jayne

Magnus considered this. He was certainly not short on manpower right now.

"Very well. The 3rd Chapter of the Thousand Sons under Captain Ohrmuzd Ahriman will return with you. Ohrmuzd is a powerful Librarian in his own right and he has a mastery of the enumerations that rivals his brother Ahzek. The 3rd Chapter Librarius will also go with you to be the teachers. The Luna Wolves will make fine Chaos Hunters. Who knows, we may even teach Horus a thing or two."

His face took on a more serious expression for a moment.

"Remeber what you have learned, and remember the dangers of what you are learning. If you cannot instill discipline in your brothers minds, they are at risk. If my Librarians feel the taint take hold of anyone, they will act instantly. They do not do so out of malice, but out of duty and protection. Do you understand me Captain? There can be no risk to the Imperium. Not every Astartes can cope with the stress, so pick your applicants wisely. Your own Librarius should be trained by my own in the numerations so that they may pass it on correctly. As for the rest of the chapter, Horus may use them as he wishes to defend your home or to crush your enemies."

"Be well Captain Loken, and may the Emperors light shine upon you."

Rarity Declis

Loken nodded, and saluted Magnus. "Thank you, my lord. I am sure that Lord Horus will be more than thankful for your help. I am aware of the dangers, but I am also aware that we are Luna Wolves, and will not shrink from any duty."

With that, Loken left the room. It was time to let the 1st Company know they're leaving to Terra to meet with Horus, and that a Chapter of the Thousand Sons shall be coming with them. The Luna Wolves shall be prepared to any threat, he thought to himself.

The Man They Call Jayne

Magnus nodded to the Captain and returned to his work. His mind wandered a little. He was concerned deeply for the Luna Wolves. He could not bear for any of them to be lost to the warp, but they wanted to be Chaos hunters. He was beholden to make sure they were the best they could be. He would contact Horus later and advise him to get involved with the rest of his Legion. He would get Ohrmuzd himself to work with the Primarch if he wished it.

petercute

+++Vulkan to Jaghati Khan+++

Arrived at grid pattern just south of Corgais. How we going to deal with this problem. go in and clease and burn, or try a more diplomatic. I'm all for killing the head of the snake and mopping things up.
Wait to hear your responce.

Vulkan

Thantos

Rouboute had the latest verse from well-known and famous Rememberancer poet, Tiberus Lomarix. He read it with a half smile on his lips, although other emotions fought within him too.

Dark coals in the void, nuggets of ignorance,
Another coal found, crude dark planet,
Our sparks flare, bright with purity and zeal,
A rain of sparks, hot with purpose spearing down,

Bright sparks meet coal, igniting dark nuggets,
Where sparks meet coal, the fire of battle blazes,
Flames die down, cooled with understanding and unity,
Coal is an ember, hot and bright with purpose and reason.

Imperial ember will burn for all time.

Rouboute put the slate down, he was disappointed these verses were not about his Ultramarines. But he pushed the sorrow to the back of his mind like he had done 1000 times before and read his messages. One from Horus. Guilliman smiled, it would be good to see Horus again. Plus they had matters unfinished to discuss.

+++Roboute Guilliman to Horus Lupercal+++

Horus, i am pleased you can visit terra. The board is set up already! Indeed there is much to discuss and little time, as always.
I look forward to receiving you and your Wolves,
Rouboute +++

+++Roboute Guilliman to Angron+++

Brother Angron,
I hope your crusade fares well and that your Legion is earning much new honour to go with their new name. Do let me know if there is anything Terra can provide for you or the Serpents, have you considered researching your Legion's new advantage with the facilities on Terra? If such an adaptation to the geneseed could be researched and isolated, perhaps other legions may benefit from inducing adaptation also?
Rouboute +++

+++Roboute Guilliman to Magnus+++

Magnus,
How did the Ultramarine members fare under your training? I hope they proved good students and to your liking. It is a good cause to educate the Astartes, for only what we can understand can we defeat. Perhaps I too will learn from them when we are reunited. Let me know if there is anything you require from Terra.
Thank you again for offering this tutelage,
Rouboute +++

InsaneTD

*** Angron to Roboute ***

Roboute,
It is good to hear from you Brother. I hope life on Terra is treating you well.
Hopefully this threat can be eliminated with some diplomacy but the Serpents are ready if that fails.
There is something you can help me with Brother, I have recently ordered that Spartica! be fortified and was hoping you could help me get some void shields and the Mechanicus' help in building some orbital defense platforms.
I might travel to Terra after this threat is dealt with and shall look into that while I'm there.

Sincerely Angron.

El ShasOcho

Perturabo sat in his temporary study on Nostramo, quill in hand. While waiting for the construction to finish, he had taken up historical writing. After a few short pieces on iron warriors crusades and imperial events, he decided to tackle the Ullanor crusade. He had reached  an exciting part, one he had lived through...

The combined Iron Warriors and Warhounds forces bore down the ork fortress. Heavy fire had pinned them down and prevented supporting fire from bringing down the walls. Backs pinned against a ruin wall, Perturabo and Angron caught their breath. Perturabo turned to his brother as waves of orks flooded out of the fortress into their lines. "Brother," The Iron Primarch said to Angron, "We must bring this wall down. I can break it with my hammer, but not with these greenskins swarming."

"I see. I think I can draw their attention" Angron said, as he rose up and drew his blade. He let out a mighty war cry, and charged straight into their ranks, sending orks flying. Seizing his chance, Perturabo powered up the deflectors on his terminator armor, shouldered his hammer and sprinted toward the gate, shouldering his way past the green horde that was thinned and distracted by Angron. As he approached the gate, he brought his hammer over his head and swept it down in an underhand strike, focusing all of his super human might into the face of the hammer as it struck the gate. The wall disintegrated as a shock wave shook the fortress. The marines gave out a great cheer and charged through, ripping through the greenskins with a new energy. This fortress would fall, and it would be on to the next one.
Still, it was an important victory, as it opened a hole in the ork ring of defense. Guilliman would direct forces into this whole, allowing flanking actions which would make breaking down fortresses much easier. Still, the final battle was yet to be won.

Perturabo put the pen down with a grin on his face. He remembered the battle well, Angron's courage and his own men's determination. It would live in his memory for a long time.

Quote from: Lee Lee Declis on August 06, 2010, 03:14:38 AM
Although, it must be said, one should always have a Fantasy in

Wargamer

+++To Warmaster Russ from Augentus, Grand Master of the Iron Hands+++
Noble Warmaster, I request the right to embark upon a Crusade to the Eastern Fringe. Macragge is isolated, and the lore possessed by the Mechanicum suggest that there are Forge Worlds and other planets of note to be claimed in this region. With the Legion united, we can move to aid the Ultramarines and claim this entire region for our own.

I await your reply.
Your obdt. servant.
~Master Augentus.
I wrote a novel - Dreamscape: The Wanderer.. Available in paperback and pdf.

Quote from: Liberate the Warhammers
People who have no sense of Sportsmanship have NO PLACE designing any Gaming system

Scout Sergeant Mkoll

+++MEssage from Leman Russ to Grand Master Augentus+++
Augentus,
This information is most welcome. Long had I pondered how best to secure the Eastern Fringe with only the Ultramarines close at hand as the Iron Warriors are engaged in the fortification of many key Imperial worlds. Your request is granted. As soon as the threat to the north of Ullanor has been assessed and dealt with, or negotiations have begun, I will order all members of hte Iron Hands to join you for transit to Macragge where you may begin this undertaking.

Leman Russ.
Mkoll's Awesome Card Counter: +8

May the brave be remembered forever. Farewell our friends.

Quote from: Mabbz on June 03, 2011, 10:43:53 AM
Mkoll wins.

Quote from: LordDemon
Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to catch you.

[img]http

Railgun Convention

With the sector's forces in place and awaiting his command, Jaghati paused to consider his options. Moving in with superior forces and provoking either surrender or destruction would be fairly easy, and would certainly work in other situations; however, the fact that this was a human faction that had not yet come into contact with the Imperium at large suggested this might be a bad idea. Not least would they be destroying potential reinforcements for future conflicts, but an entire empire brought to heel by force would not be particularly comfortable with being ruled by tyrants.

So, negotiation was certainly up there as an option. Hopefully the humans would speak the same language, and some sort of deal could be reached. Having an intact human subfaction to work with them could be awkward, but it would require virtually no expenditure of military resources to facilitate. That was, so long as the alliance held...

+++Jaghati Khan to Vulkan, Magnus+++
Brothers, our forces are in place and ready to strike. However, I would like first to attempt diplomacy, and resort to overwhelming force only if necessary. Though it is unlikely, I suspect they may even be unaware of our presense. As such, hold your forces back for now; I shall attempt to establish communications with this other empire in the meantime. If we cannot reach a favourable decision, battle will be joined.
+++
So how many crashes have I survived now?

petercute

++++ Vulkan to Khan ++++

Holding Station for now. Battle brother all on hard training sessions. and awaiting orders to move out. Fully Battle ready. Thunderhawks and drop pods ready. keep me posted

Vulkan out

Rarity Declis

Captain Torgaddon of the 2nd Chapter read the reports on the threat that he and the other Luna Wolves were going to engage.

"Humans, huh?" He looked at the phrase "questionable genetic purity" and snorted. That hadn't stopped the Primarch, it hadn't stopped the Emperor's Children, it didn't really seem to matter that much anyway.

He went to go see who was training. The report was rubbish, and he was sure that the Serpents and Dusk Raiders would have sorted everything by the time that the Luna Wolves arrive anyway.

Railgun Convention

Reading the new report, Jaghati sighed. His intelligence on his fellow legions was better than what he was getting on the threat before now. It seemed a scout force had in fact made some level of contact with their target, and had been able to establish several things about its target. Though, looking at the details, Jaghati was concerned that they'd even managed to establish an empire at all.

Regardless, his initial plan was not going to work; there would be far too many cultural barriers to overcome, and whilst disturbingly large, the empire wasn't technologically brilliant, which would make a shock'n'awe attack to stun the defenders into submission fairly simple.

All right then. New plan.

+++Jaghati Khan to Vulkan+++
We've received an intelligence update on the target. The population will not submit to mere negotiation, but a display of force should be sufficient to show them that there are more forces in this galaxy than their Gods can contend with. After that, integration is possible. Move all available forces against the target, but avoid civilian casualties and respect any military surrenders you can force. If we can force a mass surrender, so much the better - I'd rather integrate than replace their forces.
+++
So how many crashes have I survived now?