News:

Cammerz brings us some fantastically painted and customised Alpha Legion. Check out their work with detail shots and design insight.

Main Menu

Deathwatch - The Dread Hulk [Game thread]

Started by Wargamer, September 28, 2012, 09:38:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ravager Zero

Brother Gideon waited for the Orks to burst through the door before striking, smashing his thunder hammer into the stomach of the lead Ork, whose comrade had been shot by brother Isidur. The hammer slammed full force into the greenskin, but for some reason the beast seemed entirely unfazed by the blow. Brother Gideon cursed and swung again, easily evading the clumsy blow the Ork lashed out with. Gideon's hammer struck true and the thunder hammer's powerfield obliterated most of the Ork's torso, the rest turned into a spray of gore flying back down the aft corridor.

[1 Action left]
Rav's Awesome Card Counter: +2

Quote from: Kane
...and whipped cream, a bottle of baileys, seven pairs of non-matching shoes, a combine harvester, a box of matches, and three indie rock bands drunk off their skull is technically acceptable on private property.

Mabbz

To hit
To wound

Samuel took careful aim as the others killed the first two orks to enter the chamber. The shot from his plasma pistol struck the middle of the beast's chest, incinerating a sizable chunk of it's torso and blasting it back. He kept his pistol aimed atit in case it got back up; he had seen orks survive beheading before, and wasn't certain his shot had killed it.

[ooc]What did we need to kill the orks? I assumed six, but I wasn't sure so I left my post a little ambiguous[/ooc]

Wargamer

(I shall produce a bestiary later - for now, assume 5+ ;)).
I wrote a novel - Dreamscape: The Wanderer.. Available in paperback and pdf.

Quote from: Liberate the Warhammers
People who have no sense of Sportsmanship have NO PLACE designing any Gaming system

TopBanana

Seeing the first three orks quickly dispatched, Jarda carefully loosed a shot at the next.  It's head exploded in a spray of blood and bone.  Jarda then took a few seconds to survey the rest of the room, to ensure nothing else was sneaking up on the team. 

[1 Action shooting, 1 surveying, 1 Action left.]
â€Ã...“Four and a half centuries of bitter, relentless war. A war that has swept seven sectors and hundreds of worlds. A war that has seen dozens of planets burn in the fires of Exterminatus. A war that has known the soaring heights of victory and the black depths of defeat. A war that must

Wargamer

The last of the Orks toppled to the ground. The fight had lasted only a few seconds; rushing the well-defended Astartes, the Orks had no hope of victory.

There was no immediate sign that any other Orks were nearby, but Ork glyphs had been painted on the wall of the corridor beyond. One of which resembled a large Ork face with comically oversized tusks, and below it a crude depiction of a gun, and an arrow pointing starboard - the way the Orks had come from, judging by the lay of the burnt corpses.

People who have no sense of Sportsmanship have NO PLACE designing any Gaming system

The Man They Call Jayne

Severus took his Auspex in hand and began scanning for more threats. His Bolt Pistol was in his other hand, ready to unleash a hail of Kraken Rounds at anything that burst out fo the shadows. His Flamer was equally ready for action once more.
Jaynes Awesome Card Counter: +5

Secondspheres Crash Card Counter +4

El ShasOcho

Disappointed he hadn't gotten into the fray, Connolly sheathed his blade and surveyed the ork writings on the wall. It appeared to show that starboard was the origin of these orks. "Lets head towards the source" he said, checking his bolt pistol momentarily. "Either we will find more of them, or whatever it is that they are running from. Either way we need to eliminate it.'

Quote from: Lee Lee Declis on August 06, 2010, 03:14:38 AM
Although, it must be said, one should always have a Fantasy in

Railgun Convention

"Brothers, I can confirm the signatures of several hundred orks in this area. There doesn't seem to be any fear beyond your average horde of Greenskins, so it would appear they do indeed have a warlord of some sort. Speed may yet get us further in without further confrontation, but we shall have to decide quickly what we should do."

Zoltan prepped his hammer. "Either way, try to conserve ammunition as you go."
So how many crashes have I survived now?

The Man They Call Jayne

Severus advanced cautiously. He was in no hurry to die at the hands of the greenskins, which would almost certainly happen if he got cocky. Holstering his bolt pistol he unslung his Boltgun and locked the drum mag he had brought into place. With all 3 weapons prepared to bring down any foe, he tool up a positoing on the group that would allow him a clear line of sight to anything in front of them. Flamers were especially brutal in closed quarters, and the last thing he wanted was to harm his brothers.
Jaynes Awesome Card Counter: +5

Secondspheres Crash Card Counter +4

Wargamer

According to the auspex returns, there were plenty of Orks up ahead. Their crude spaceship came into view after a short time, having smashed through part of the old Imperial derelict. The two vessels had been fused into one by Ork mechanics, but it was clear from the graffiti and general craftsmanship where one vessel ended and the other began.

There were voices ahead. A large open chamber full of mostly-empty storage boxes was visible beyond the joining point; a nice, wide space that would allow plenty of movement in battle, but good amounts of cover in an extended fight. At least a dozen Ork Boys were in the room, judging by the clamorous back and forth they were partaking in. It was hard to tell what they were saying, but it sounded like they were working themselves up for a fight.

Mabbz

Samuel moved forward as far as he could without being detected, both pistols ready. As he waited for the others to get in position, he spoke sofly to avoid being heard. "How should we proceed? I believe our apothecary should stay back and cover our rear and Severus, I think you should conserve your flamer for difficult situations. Who wants to go in first? I can provide close range fire support, but I don't think I should lead."

Ravager Zero

Brother Gideon slung his hammer through the loop at his hip, drawing both pistols. Seeing the Orks ahead were nominally the weakest kind of boyz, he decided to simply use the pre-loaded standard bolts in his pistols. The inferno bolts would be of more use against larger, hardier targets. Double checking his auspex for target locations, brother Gideon strode forward and opened fire, both pistols belching smoke and fire. The first bolt smashed through the ugly nasal cavity of the first boy, detonating an instant later and removing most of the Ork from the neck up. The corpse twitched and spasmed, a spray of bullets from its crude weapon striking the deck.

The second slammed into the center of the next greenskin's torso, exploding in a spray of gore that ripped out half the Ork's spine and splattered his comrade with gore. Gideon's third round punctured that gore splattered Ork's belly, lodging in its stomach for a split second before detonating in such spectacular fashion that the greenskin simply disappeared from thigh to shoulder.

Behind the helmet, Brother Gideon smiled as the remaining Orks rounded on him, and made a mental note of his ammo count.

[3 Actions Used, 3 Bolt Rounds Spent (2 Right/1 Left)]
Rav's Awesome Card Counter: +2

Quote from: Kane
...and whipped cream, a bottle of baileys, seven pairs of non-matching shoes, a combine harvester, a box of matches, and three indie rock bands drunk off their skull is technically acceptable on private property.

Vyper

Isidur was crouched low at the back of the group, Storm bolter aimed at the direction they had come from, axe held ready.
He heard the report of Brother Gideon's pistols, and the squelchy pop of exploding ork shortly afterwards.
It sounded like things were going to get a lot busier.

Mabbz

To hit rolls
to wound rolls

Following Gideon into the room Samuel began firing, covering his battle brother. All of his shots hit their targets, but sadly Gideon had already killed two of them when the plasma struck. The third shot successfully vaporised an Orks head, although that didn't stop the body trying to hit him. Fortunately, the body had lost all sense of direction along with its head and stumbled into a wall instead.

(ooc: Samuel never misses. He just doesn't always hit something useful :P)

TopBanana

To Hit
To wound

Jarda moved into the room after Brothers Gideon and Samuel, taking up a position to the right of the entrance.  Aiming towards the back of the horde, he unleashed two rounds, striking one in the head and another in the shoulder.  The powerful bolts ending the blasphemous existence of the two foul orks.

[1 action to move (from towards the back), 2 shots fired (77 left)]
â€Ã...“Four and a half centuries of bitter, relentless war. A war that has swept seven sectors and hundreds of worlds. A war that has seen dozens of planets burn in the fires of Exterminatus. A war that has known the soaring heights of victory and the black depths of defeat. A war that must