News:

Cammerz brings us some fantastically painted and customised Alpha Legion. Check out their work with detail shots and design insight.

Main Menu

Master or Deception and Deployment

Started by The Man They Call Jayne, December 08, 2012, 11:37:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Man They Call Jayne

After deploying, the Warlord Trait Master of Deception allows D3 units to be redeployed with the Infiltrate rule. The Infiltrate rule also bestows Outflank. So would it be legal to remove one of the D3 units from the table and place it into reserve in order to infiltrate it later on?
Jaynes Awesome Card Counter: +5

Secondspheres Crash Card Counter +4

Naser Al-Istikhara Cyrus

EDIT: Oops, didn't know it was a chaos-specific one :facepalm001:

Embarrassing text removed :P
Quote from: Narric on August 15, 2011, 12:09:07 AM
You make it sound like it could be wearing a top-hat and monocle, but for the sole reason it'd have been painted by Gareth that it would still look terrifying........I have to say I agree. XD
Quote from: Greg Mun

BigToof

I think that Jayne is referring to Master of Deception from the Chaos codex.

And given the wording it sounds like you could outflank.

Any tactic in particular?  I was more seeing it as a way to setup your less mobile elements such as Noise Marines or Thousand Sons.  Perhaps you've got something in mind?

Best,
-BT
BigToof Points:

Cammerz: 8
Waaaghpower: 1
The Man They Call Jayne: 3
Mabbz: 6
Archon Sharrek: 3

Scout Sergeant Mkoll

It's a Chaos Warlord trait Zamibia. :)

And yes, I believe that you are allowed to remove units and redeploy them as Outflankers if you wish.
Mkoll's Awesome Card Counter: +8

May the brave be remembered forever. Farewell our friends.

Quote from: Mabbz on June 03, 2011, 10:43:53 AM
Mkoll wins.

Quote from: LordDemon
Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to catch you.

[img]http

The Man They Call Jayne

I was thinking Warp Talons. They either jump across, getting shot up in the process, or the DS and risk damage, death and a round of being shot at. UNless you spend points of the Dimensional Key with has specific needs for its activation. With out flank they could appear, and get in the opponants face from the moment they arrive.
Jaynes Awesome Card Counter: +5

Secondspheres Crash Card Counter +4