News:

For the most up to date reports about what is going on with the forum, and the latest topics of interest, throw us a like on Facebook, and if you're wanting some light banter with the seasoned and spiced members, join the Second Sphere Members Group.

Main Menu

Von'Ta Cadre: Project Log

Started by CoffeeGrunt, December 17, 2013, 02:00:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CoffeeGrunt

Thought I'd start a Log showing the various conversions/paint jobs for my Tau Cadre, Von'ta. I'll post each unit in its own post, in order to separate and update them easier.

Shas'O Vorcah

Shas'O Vorcah, the promoted hero of Sha'draig. He leads his troops into battle in a modified XV88 chassis, the XV98 Impasse Battlesuit. It bears augmented armour plating compared to its predecessor, and has integrated Shield Generators. Vorcah believes that a good Commander must always lead from the front, a sentiment born from his days as a Fireblade leading the forces of Sha'draig against Hive Fleet Gorgon. If a bullet is to fall upon anyone in his force, he would prefer it to be him.

He bears an Ion Carbine into combat, allowing his to wreak havoc on light vehicles at medium range:

The only constant in the universe is change; the Wise adapt.

CoffeeGrunt

MV-60 Kor'vesa'ui

The Kor'vesa'ui is a new generation of data analysing and parsing Drone, which is actually a gestalt consciousness composed of 3 Drones. The upper disc contains two Drones dedicated to hacking Gue'la communications, disseminating the data, and updating the Commander with the positions of their units. The lower section is commanded by the most potent of the 3, and is dedicated to sensor scanning and analysing. The vast processing capabilities scan enemy targets with a variety of multi-spectral tools, allowing it to update the tactical displays of nearby Crisis suits with targeting aids. This has resulted in a marked increase in unit effectiveness.

CoffeeGrunt

Angelshark

Given the scarcity of parts in this area of the Zeist sector, our Fio'vre has been forced to make do with what resources we have available. One example was during the refitting of a Razorshark whose weapon was damaged in combat. Upon finding that our allotment of Ion weapon components had run out, Fio'vre Vas'yr opted to use a rack of missiles in lieu of the Ion weapons. The 'Angelshark,' as our Gue'vesa have named it, can fire small salvos of missiles at individual targets. However, Vas'yr has also programmed an algorithm to allow the missiles to fire in clusters programmed to explode before impacting the ground, allow them to affect large areas with the blast. This has proven effective, though there is an issue with the missile cluster sometimes exploding in mid-air and risking damage to the craft. Further augmentation is ongoing.

CoffeeGrunt

Gue'vesa Sentinels

Our Gue'vesa have proven to be valuable assets, and several of their primitive 'Sentinels' have been chosen to be augmented and equipped with firepower more suited to a Tau Auxiliary. Though the vehicles are somewhat cumbersome, they have proven effective in static Anti-Air roles, using guidance systems to augment the Gue'vesa's aim.

Thantos

Nice stuff :D Like the conversions for the drone and that sentinel is bad-ass! Do you think hes got enough rockets though? ;)

Narric

Oh. My. Bitz Box! These are some truly interesting conversions :)

I personally like the Sentinal and Suit most, but thats my preference for the Bipeds :P

CoffeeGrunt

Thanks, those are just the few I managed to post during my lunch break. Here's a few more. :)

Piranha Squadron:

Piranhas have proven essential in our Anti-Armour efforts during operations on Von'ta. After discussions between the Fire Caste and Earth Caste, it was deemed that Gunner duty should fall to the pilot, while the former Gunner should man a rear weapon for close defense against fast-moving chasers. This has not impacted the accuracy of the main weapon, and has given the Piranha an extra defensive asset useful in its job.

CoffeeGrunt

Firesight Marksmen

Vital in reconnaissance and serving as Spotters for our Cadre, these Shas'la are experts in the field of covert operations and cover usage. Equipped with Marker Binoculars, they can guide both their accompanying Sniper Drones and other units' fire onto targets as needed.

Shadow Team

Our campaign has been long and bloody, and the death toll on our initiate Shas'la has been severe in cases, especially against the enemy 'Space Marines.' Though they have yet to pass their Trial by Fire, due to the isolation of our Sept, each of these Shas'la has the tactical knowledge and experience of a far more seasoned veteran in the field. May each bear their future Crisis suits well.

CoffeeGrunt

Shas'O Nei'ly Au'taal

A young Commander, Nei'ly has barely left the stage in his life of being a Shas'el, and still works beside Vorcah as a student rather than a fellow Commander. His brash attitude can be either brave or foolhardy to those looking on, the only difference being the success of his close strike tactics with his Plasma Rifles.

Shas'el Ko'vaar

A sub-Commander working to Nei'ly's advice, Ko'vaar sports two Burst Flamers, that switch between hails of Pulse Fire to tear apart enemies at range, to a deadly stream of 'cold' Plasma flame at close range. He accompanies Nei'ly as a Bodyguard, his quick reactions and deathly jets of flame often being the deciding factor in Nei'ly's bravery or foolhardiness.

CoffeeGrunt

Shas'O Vorcah's Bodyguard

Dedicated Shas'vre who seek to aid Vorcah in his battles. Each has a custom set of armour and weaponry, showing the tactical divergence that will define them as a Shas'O in the years to come.

XV8-03 'Standoff' Battlesuits

These suits were a last-ditch effort by the Earth Caste on Sha'draig, to create a weapons platform capable of stemming the horde's advance. Their rapid redeployment and unending hail of fire held the line admirably, however the newer organisms with a resistance to Pulse fire easily weathered their fire and tore the inhabitants out of their suits. Of the twelve originally created, only these two remain to continue to bear firepower against the enemy.

Tetra Squadron

The firepower of Von'ta needs constant support to ensure that the enemy is correctly engaged and that Shas'O Vorcah's tactical plans are going as intended. To this end, Tetras are but one source of the Markerlights that guide the Cadre to victory, but they are the most mobile, capable of delivering the needed support swiftly and accurately.

Narric

Loving all the weapon conversions ^_^

I've seen several of these before of ATT (the weapons, not your suits :P) and imo the're kinda signature for that site :)

CoffeeGrunt

Thanks, the weapons were fun to put together, especially the double-barrelled Plasma Rifle on the Bodyguard on the right.

Narric

Would love to see more :)

Anything else you're hiding away from us? ;)

CoffeeGrunt

A little more, haven't been getting much done lately, I'm afraid...

Gue'vesa

Loyal to their core, it was of little difficulty for our Ethereals to fan the sparks of their religious fervour to light a flame in the name of the Greater Good. More civilised and capable of using technology than the Kroot, and being in extreme abundance in the galaxy, these Gue'vesa are to be the groundbreakers in seeing whether mankind will be the Tau'va's greatest asset in claiming the galaxy. As such we have ensured their lives will be comfortable and their ambitions to be integrated fully into our Cadres made real. Words whisper that a Gue'vesa may even be about to attain the Hero's Mantle, the honoured tradition of bearing a Crisis Battlesuit into combat.

Pathfinders

Brave scouts who forge their way through enemy fire to provide the support the Cadre needs. They provide the Markerlights needed to direct firepower towards the enemy with unerring efficiency.

Narric

I'm seeing a lot of special weapons in that Gue'vesa unit. did you build it to be game-legal, or for looking cool?

Also, awkwardly makes me want to build some Gue'vesa myself -_- DAMN YOU CG!!! :P

I'll be honest and say the Pathfinders seem a little bit strnagely posed. It might be the camera angle, but some seem to be nearly falling over ^_^;;