News:

For the most up to date reports about what is going on with the forum, and the latest topics of interest, throw us a like on Facebook, and if you're wanting some light banter with the seasoned and spiced members, join the Second Sphere Members Group.

Main Menu

Second Sphere Newsletter #1

Started by Narric, December 10, 2013, 08:10:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Narric

Second Sphere Monthly Newsletter #1
Hello all members past and present. We at Second Sphere have redesigned our newsletter once again. Here is the first issue of our revamped Newsletter for you to read - we bring contests, events, forum news and also a good dose of hobby information right to your inbox.

Official Contests
For those new to the Forum, we hold Contests regularly, which are split into different categories. Do you have a fierce Warlord? and top-notch equipped Heavy Infantry unit, or maybe you just like to move fast like The Cavalry. Whatever your preference to models and game systems, there is a contest for you, and of course you can't miss out on grabbing a set of Second Sphere Dice now can you? ;)

We have two contests still up for Entrants:
Skymasters
- Take to the skies with your finest painted flying machine or monster of choice! This contest is going to include some truly terrifying creations. For more information, click here...

Landterrors
- Maybe you're not a fan of heights, but you can still dish out the pain! Your mighty beasts will feel right at home in this contest. For more information, click here...

Second Sphere Member Awards
- An old tradition for rewarding the members and Moderators of this forum. Have you had a good time on the forum? who has made this a better place? Do you think a Moderator has not received the full appreciation they deserve? this is the time to show the appreciation. For more information, click here...

The Hobby Section
Here we shall feature the work of our members. Do you think you belong here? Post your stuff on the forums, and we shall see ;)

Our first feature goes to Jonagon, with his exquisitely painted Grey Knight Terminator.

To give you an idea of the skill shown here, the model was entered in a recent Golden Daemon, and managed to get to the Finalist line. Considering this was his first entrant into the Golden daemon scene, I reckon he did fantastically. Who knows what we can see for next year ;)

The House Rule Section
We have many members who can create characters and rules that can easily rival GWs' own material, and possibly any game system you can name. Have a look at some of the stuff that this forum has produced:

The Gue'nam wing by Charistoph
- This is a long running project by Charistoph. The story is that a detachment of Imperial Guard turned to the Tau for aide in a conflict, once the conflict was ended, with the Tau-Guard alliance the victor, the Guard stole technology and resources, and fled to their homeworld. From here they developed hybrid technology of Imperial and Tau. They formed their own army, and have a unique set of wargear and abilities.
The project is loosely based on the Gundam anime, mixed with Warhammer 40k lore. It is perfect material for the budding converter and scratch-build modeller, as their is plenty of units for you to create.

Kill Team 6th Edition by Mabbz
- I'll admit, I'm personaly envolved in this project :P However it could do with some new play-testing. For older gamers, the idea should sound familiar. It is a revamp of the 4th edition Kill team rules. The games are fun, and a real challenge for the Kill team player currently. Think you have the best codex to mow down an outnumbering foe? maybe you should give this a try? ;)

Battle reports
We all can have a good and fun game, but can you tell another how the game went? Bring your battle experience to this corner of the forum, and share your stories of insane courage and last stand heroics!

Battle Anecdotes
Its ok if you don't remember the full story, only that you have an awesome story to tell. The veterans can tell you youngins of some truly amazing feats here.

The Eldar Alliance vs SCREAMERSTAR in "Grot and a Hard Place"
Bigtoof is the Mod of the Battle Report board for a reason. He can create an epic tale of his battles that will leave you thirsty for battle. He also finds the best opponents, making his games all the cooler and high stakes.

Continuing to Receive the Newsletter
If you wish to continue receive the Newsletter as and when it is released then you need to go to the "Group Membership" section of your 2S profile. You can then join the "Newsletter Recipient" group to receive the newsletter.
All members with Enclave access will be receiving the newsletter automatically. You can disable notifications through the notifications section of your profile if you do not wish to continue receiving newsletters (this may stop you receiving other important information).

Thank you for reading,
The Second Sphere Team

http://secondsphere.org

Mabbz

I've gotta say Narric, it's starting to look like you're trying to single-handedly ressurrect 2S to it's former glory. You appear to be either running or involved in every major project on the forum ;)

The only thing I didn't know about here was Jonagon's Terminator, since I don't go into the hobby board (my painting is adequate at best, so the hobby section makes me jealous and annoyed). Congratulations on making it to the finals Jonagon, that is an awesome paintjob.

Oh, and lastly, cheers for the publicity Narric. If anyone wants to playtest Kill Team, contact me.

BigToof

Cheers Narric!
I can't believe this is back!

I didn't know how much I missed it until I saw it again.

Keep up the amazing work!

I karma'd you two months ago, but you totally deserve it again for this great effort!

Best,
-BT
BigToof Points:

Cammerz: 8
Waaaghpower: 1
The Man They Call Jayne: 3
Mabbz: 6
Archon Sharrek: 3

Narric

Quote from: Mabbz on December 10, 2013, 11:26:32 PM
I've gotta say Narric, it's starting to look like you're trying to single-handedly ressurrect 2S to it's former glory. You appear to be either running or involved in every major project on the forum ;)

The only thing I didn't know about here was Jonagon's Terminator, since I don't go into the hobby board (my painting is adequate at best, so the hobby section makes me jealous and annoyed). Congratulations on making it to the finals Jonagon, that is an awesome paintjob.

Oh, and lastly, cheers for the publicity Narric. If anyone wants to playtest Kill Team, contact me.
I have no idea what you're talking about. I'm totally not encouraging forum growth at all. If itsa side-effect of what I'm doing, can I really take the credit?

Quote from: BigToof on December 11, 2013, 02:31:41 AM
Cheers Narric!
I can't believe this is back!

I didn't know how much I missed it until I saw it again.

Keep up the amazing work!

I karma'd you two months ago, but you totally deserve it again for this great effort!

Best,
-BT
Lets see if I can keep this up :P

silverfuge

Very good work Narric. I agree with mabbz and if no one has given you karma they should
Gm is God

Narric

Can't Karma myself, but I believe Bigtoof has gotten to it already :P

Should I try to do this Weekly, or would a proper Monthly Newsletter be better?

Also, should I do two seperate ones? One for the forum (with more content?) and another to be sent to people who want it e-mailed to them?

BigToof

Ah, sorry yes I should not have been so subtle!

Narric is KARMA'D!  :)

In any case, I think the newsletter can be monthly for the meantime, that way it's not so overt.

I think you should sticky this one i possible too, so that people will see it for the month.

Then just make a new thread for the next month.

Best,
-BT
BigToof Points:

Cammerz: 8
Waaaghpower: 1
The Man They Call Jayne: 3
Mabbz: 6
Archon Sharrek: 3

Narric

I was planning on keeping to a single thread for the Newsletter, using the News link at the top right to link to the latest edition. it also means that we won't have tonnes of the same thread floating around, making the forum neater.

Unfortunately, I can't sticky this thread, due to not having the privileges for it :P Though I can easily split off a discussion of a specific topic ;)

InsaneTD

Maybe it' time Narric was made a Mod all proper like and given this board to look after?

Maybe make a new thread for this each month, once a thread is two months old, move it to the Archives?

Charistoph

Wow, I can't believe I made it on a newsletter!  That makes me a little  :o :'( :o

I should get to work putting the rest of it up, then, yes?
Are you a Wolf, a Sheep, or a Hound?

Quote from: Megavolt-They called me crazy.  They called me insane!  THEY CALLED ME LOONEY!! and boy, were they right."

Narric

Well I figured you could use the publicity ;)

And yes, yes you should :P

CoffeeGrunt

Surprised me a little bit receiving this as I dropped off the radar here just after registering, (sorry!)

Been hanging around TauOnline for a few months lately and discovered ye olde history between the two sites. Funny old story, thought the formatting was a bit familiar here.
The only constant in the universe is change; the Wise adapt.

Narric

TO is still going? Was it a graveyard? You should migrate over here ^_^

Don't worry about dropping off. A few people have in the past ;)

CoffeeGrunt

I can't honestly say it's going strong, 90% of the forum is disused and there's only a handful of posters on there, hence why I've been spending most of my time on ATT and going there for more casual chatter and advice.

Still, the Tau section gets fairly steady traffic and the people who post there give good advice. We get new people join now and then, and some people seem to have disappeared, so it's all fairly level.
The only constant in the universe is change; the Wise adapt.

Jonagon

I've only just seen this! Thanks guys! :)