News:

Cammerz brings us some fantastically painted and customised Alpha Legion. Check out their work with detail shots and design insight.

Main Menu

Dreamforge Games - Infantry and Leviathans

Started by Narric, March 01, 2014, 07:27:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Narric

Quote from: CoffeeGrunt on March 07, 2014, 08:20:48 PM
Burned through that list, and no-one does anything Tau-ish. D':
Whats wrong with the TauCeti Terrain from Micro Art Studios?

If you mean Miniatures, then unfortunately its the problem of them not being Space Marines or Human Guard that means they don't get much love from third party producers. Thantos with his Kadesh, and Chapter House are really the only bitz makers I've seen who do anything for Tau-like races.

If you have something in particular in mind, you could always give Thantos some specs ;)

CoffeeGrunt

I've been debating cracking out Blender and modelling some bitz. Shapeways is an expensive means to get them produced, though. :/

It'd be fun if only to design new battlesuit designs. Would massively help my conversions.
The only constant in the universe is change; the Wise adapt.

Narric

Quote from: CoffeeGrunt on March 07, 2014, 10:11:13 PM
I've been debating cracking out Blender and modelling some bitz. Shapeways is an expensive means to get them produced, though. :/

It'd be fun if only to design new battlesuit designs. Would massively help my conversions.
If you know how to use Blender, would you kindly send me some tips? ^_^;; I currently just use Google Sketchup, so my models end up being very blocky and angular :P

CoffeeGrunt

I learned how to use it years ago, admittedly before the UI completed changed with version 2.5.

I dunno how it is now, it's probably a world away, but the principles are the same. I can really teach you those, I just screwed around. :S

Narric

We obviously have interest in the Leviathans, but the infantry look to be pretty decent, and fit 40k scale nicely:

I have to admit the bases made me concerned the models wouldn't be on the same scale, but its cool to have a size comparison shot to fall back on.

Narric

Dreamforge have started a Kickstarter to fund "Mecha Front."

Pictures make me think that it may be like Infinite?

Some conept sketch to final products pictures for your guys:

CoffeeGrunt

Ah! PaulsonGames finally got that one rolling! I really like the Battlesuit designs.