News:

For the most up to date reports about what is going on with the forum, and the latest topics of interest, throw us a like on Facebook, and if you're wanting some light banter with the seasoned and spiced members, join the Second Sphere Members Group.

Main Menu

[Blood Bowl] New Teams!

Started by Wargamer, August 19, 2012, 11:23:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wargamer

I do so love Blood Bowl, but I cannot help but notice there's a few openings in the rosters - potential gaps in available teams that can be filled. Well, I am here to fill them! We shall begin with the most straightforward, and seek to add others later. :P

Bretonnians:
The Bretonnian nobility have traditionally looked down on Blood Bowl. It is, to their mind, a brutish sport that lacks any of the finesse and artistry of the traditional pursuits of Bretonnian nobility; jousting, duelling and being rude to poor people.
However, there are those in Bretonnia who have witnessed the bloody affair that is Blood Bowl and remarked that the sheer scale of violence on the pitch, combined with the requirements of team work and strategy to win (and survive!) a match, makes the game a potential training ground for young knights.
Though still rare, a few Bretonnian teams are slowly appearing on the Blood Bowl scene. Their teams typically revolve around a small group of knights, supported by peasants drafted in to make up the numbers. Thus far, they are noteworthy for their general sense of fair play, though it is questionable how long that will last in the face of the brutal realities of Blood Bowl.

QtyTitle
Cost
MASTAGAVSkillsNormalDouble
0-12Peasant
None
G
ASP
0-6Knight of the Line
None
G
ASP
0-2Blitzing Knight
Block
GS
AP
0-2Knight Questor
Mighty Blow
GS
AP
0-1Grail Knight
Block
GS
ASP
0-8 Re-roll counters: 60,000 gold pieces each.

Plague Rats:
The vile servants of Clan Pestilens are truly horrific things to look upon, for they honour the Horned Rat through the spread of sickness and plague. For the most part they have stayed away from Blood Bowl, save perhaps to stand in the crowd and cough on people, but the rise of Nurgle teams convinced a few die hard (and hard to kill) fans of the sport from Clan Pestilens to form a team and try their luck. Unfortunately for them, they lack the lightning fast running and passing style of other Skaven, primarily because they get so hopped up on warpstone vapours before a match that they tend to forget about the ball and try to murder the opposition instead!
Time will tell whether any other Plague Monks follow suit and take to the pitch, though anyone who has had to play against a Nurgle team will be hoping that they don't!

QtyTitle
Cost
MASTAGAVSkillsNormalDouble
0-16Fleabag
Decay
G
ASPM
0-6Plague Monk
Decay, Disturbing Appearance, Foul Appearance, Frenzy
G
ASPM
0-2Plague Blocker
Block, Decay, Disturbing Appearance, Foul Appearance, Frenzy
GS
APM
0-1Censer Bearer
Ball & Chain, Decay, Disturbing Appearance, Foul Appearance, No Hands, Secret Weapon
S
GAPM
0-8 Re-roll counters: 60,000 gold pieces each.
I wrote a novel - Dreamscape: The Wanderer.. Available in paperback and pdf.

Quote from: Liberate the Warhammers
People who have no sense of Sportsmanship have NO PLACE designing any Gaming system

Naser Al-Istikhara Cyrus

IMO the brets are way overpriced. Orc Linemen have the same stats as Knight of the Line, and cost 50k. Blitzing Knights could be reduced to 80k (Same price as orc blitzas, also the same stats)

Grail Knights could be reduced to 110 or 120 due to the fact that there's only one of him, and he is only S4.

Otherwise looks...interesting :P
Quote from: Narric on August 15, 2011, 12:09:07 AM
You make it sound like it could be wearing a top-hat and monocle, but for the sole reason it'd have been painted by Gareth that it would still look terrifying........I have to say I agree. XD
Quote from: Greg Mun

Wargamer

Orcs are actually slower; Knights are MV6, Orcs are MV5. That said, comparing to the Orc Blitzer, you're probably right about overcosting.

Knocked all the knights down by 10,000 each, and the Grail Knight by 20,000.

People who have no sense of Sportsmanship have NO PLACE designing any Gaming system

Naser Al-Istikhara Cyrus

Quote from: Wargamer on August 19, 2012, 11:38:12 AM
Orcs are actually slower; Knights are MV6, Orcs are MV5. That said, comparing to the Orc Blitzer, you're probably right about overcosting.

Knocked all the knights down by 10,000 each, and the Grail Knight by 20,000.

Thats right, damn slow orc linemen :P

Although, Skaven linemen are 50k and have M7 :P
You make it sound like it could be wearing a top-hat and monocle, but for the sole reason it'd have been painted by Gareth that it would still look terrifying........I have to say I agree. XD

Wargamer

Yes, but they only have AV7. That makes them rather fragile compared to Orcs. :P

Naser Al-Istikhara Cyrus

I was more comparing them to the Peasants to futher warrent a cost reduction. :P

Masked Thespian

Have you costed these using the old Blood Bowl costing formula or just by eye?
Regards,
MT.
Quote from: Ravager Zero
Freaking mod-ninja. :P

Although, given that you're in Japan now, I suppose that's entirely legit. :shifty:

Wargamer

I costed by going through existing teams and taking an educated guess. I didn't know there was a costing formula!

Masked Thespian

Yeah.  I came across it a couple of years ago when I was trying to write a house ruled version of Blood Bowl 40,000, which was basically DungeonBowl with 40k races.

Note that the formula doesn't exactly match up with the existing teams in the regular book; those were playtested and amended accordingly.  Likewise, with rules amendments since the original release of 3rd Edition back in the early 90's, I'm not sure how well it corresponds these days.

But anyways, here's the formula in case you want to use it:

Jervis Johnson's
PLAYER COST FORMULA

Starting Value

All models start with 5 points, to which is added the following:

Movement

MA 1 = -5
    MA 2 = -4
    MA 3 = -3
    MA 4 = -2
    MA 5 = -1
    MA 6 = 0
    MA 7 = +2
    MA 8 = +3
    MA 9 = +4
    MA 10 = +5
    MA 11 = +6

Strength

+ ( ( ST - 3 ) x 3 )

plus a further 3 points if ST > 3
    plus a further 3 points if ST > 6

Agility

+ ( (AG - 3) x 2 )

Armour Value

AV 4 = -5
    AV 5 = -4
    AV 6 = -3
    AV 7 = -2
    AV 8 = 0
    AV 9 = +1
    AV 10 = +3
    AV 11 = +5
    AV 12 = +7

Skills & Things

+2 per skill/mutation/etc.
    -2 per neg. racial ability (not Big Guy)

Value in gold pieces: After calculating the 'points' of a player you can convert it into the actual value in gold pieces. Every point counts as a value of 10,000 gp, with the exception that all points over 10 count as 5,000 gp each.

For example: A player has MA 8, ST 3, AG 4, AV 7, Block, Dodge, Leap. The player starts with 5 points, adding 3 points for MA 8 (5+3=8), adding 2 points for AG 4 (8+2=10), subtracting 2 points for AV 7 (10-2=8); then adding 6 points for three skills (8+6=14), leaving the player with 14 points. 14 points results in a value of (10x10,000 gp + 4x5,000 gp) 120,000 gp.
Regards,
MT.
Quote from: Ravager Zero
Freaking mod-ninja. :P

Although, given that you're in Japan now, I suppose that's entirely legit. :shifty: