News:

Cammerz brings us some fantastically painted and customised Alpha Legion. Check out their work with detail shots and design insight.

Main Menu

Lost in Exploration [RP][OOC Thread][Player Sign-up]

Started by Narric, February 06, 2017, 07:25:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mabbz

Jason Terwich is 42, has pale skin from not getting much sun and a wiry physique. Despite appearances as a shut in, he has a surprising turn of speed due to his career in demolitions. He often forgets to shave or comb his blonde hair, leaving him with a slightly unkempt look. He always carries a scanner of his own design for checking for traps, a bulky-looking pistol that he has warned people never to try to use, and a smoke grenade that his superiors have long since given up on trying to make him leave at home.

Narric

*Gasp* How dare the Mission commander give a name to the FTL vessel :P

Hammond is fine ;) I'll let that be, as I agree with it myself :P

Scout Sergeant Mkoll

I figured it might've had one allocated before but wasn't sure. :P
Mkoll's Awesome Card Counter: +8

May the brave be remembered forever. Farewell our friends.

Quote from: Mabbz on June 03, 2011, 10:43:53 AM
Mkoll wins.

Quote from: LordDemon
Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to catch you.

[img]http

Wargamer

Pieter Hale is a man in his early thirties, with blond hair, blue eyes and a slight Russian accent. He wears glasses not because he needs them, but because he thinks it's something academics should wear. If his hair is not kept cropped short, it quickly grows out of control and seemingly takes on a life of its own, defying combs and styling gel to maintain a naturally frazzled look. As such, Pieter often looks like he's been working with unsafe electrical equipment. Under his shirt, he has distinctive birthmarks across his chest and back, though he rarely reveals them.
I wrote a novel - Dreamscape: The Wanderer.. Available in paperback and pdf.

Quote from: Liberate the Warhammers
People who have no sense of Sportsmanship have NO PLACE designing any Gaming system

Narric

Finally go this somewhat presentable.

I present the BUSA Hammond :3

Exterior hull from above.

Interior sections, coloured by function. key will be made tomorrow. the lime-green is the bridge btw.

Still WIP, but I'd estimate this ship to be roughly 200m at least from tip of bridge the the rear engines.
Any comments and additions are welcome :3

Cammerz

Very nice, I'm presuming the dome might be something to do with the FTL drive?

BUSA? Obviously Blue Union, maybe followed by Ship but then I'm stuck.

Narric

Blue Union Space Association.

The dome is astrometrics. The FTL drive system is nestled within Engineering near the back. Engineering is darker Green and the drive if Yellow.

Key:

Lime GreenBridge
RedMeeeting room
BrownForward Cargo and Vehicle Storage
Dark BlueSecurity systems
CyanMain Cargo
PurpleCrew Quarters
Dark GreenEngineering
YellowFTL Engine systems
PinkMedical Deck
Dark BeigeAstrometrics

Wargamer

People who have no sense of Sportsmanship have NO PLACE designing any Gaming system

Narric

Quote from: Wargamer on February 24, 2017, 09:25:01 AM
I don't see the medical deck on the plan...
Its on the opposite side of where the security deck is.

Humanatee

I'm honestly still confused on the security bit. Why is it so big and what purpose does it serve in space?

Mabbz

Well, Narric may have some other ideas, but I assume it's mostly it's just a room full of security monitors, internal sensors and various other bits of my equipment. It might also have a side room to act as the brig, and be one of the few places onboard where all the doors on the ship can be remotely sealed. Also off limits to the enitre crew except Jason, unless you want to try disarming your way though a bunch of (mostly non-lethal) traps and tripmines and such.

Are forcefields a thing in this setting? Can I activate security fields to hamper intruder movement?

Narric

The only field technology is part of the FTL engine. It can't be applied as a forcefield within crew areas. Best you can do is prevent a beam from firing from the bridge to the engines as it could dissipate the energy (into the hull perpendicular to the beam where it hits the field if it happens inside).

Locking down entry ways (which I should include along with a scale humanoid) will prevent most creatures free roam of the ship, but do keep in mind there will be ventilation.

Security is also where emergency crew weaponry will be found. All crew have basic handgun training. Reminder that you will not find land raider rending gatling guns or lascannons. Think Firefly/Serenity for level of weapons available.

Wargamer

I'd imagine there's also failsafes and redundancies built in. This is a ship that can't expect help if something goes wrong, so it's likely there's a fair bit of overdesign taking place.

Humanatee

Ok so its also an armory. I was thinking a monitoring room couldn't possibly need to be so big haha. I'm guessing in this setting there are other ships in the sky to worry about.

Cammerz

There'll be other ships around Earth certainly but we aren't expecting anything further afield. We're the first humans to ever venture out like this.

On that note, are there any ship weapons?