News:

For the most up to date reports about what is going on with the forum, and the latest topics of interest, throw us a like on Facebook, and if you're wanting some light banter with the seasoned and spiced members, join the Second Sphere Members Group.

Main Menu

Adepta Soriatus vs. White Scars (1500) in "Knights: How OP Are They?" (DONE!)

Started by BigToof, March 03, 2014, 12:09:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

How does my Knight Errant fare?

Like a Boss!... err... Titan! (Survives, kills more than it's points)
1 (10%)
Worth it's Salt! (Survives, but doesn't kill more than it's points)
1 (10%)
Could have been worse... (Dies, kills more than it's points)
5 (50%)
Disappointing! (Dies, fails to kill more than it's points)
3 (30%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Waaaghpower

Seraphim were kinda hard-countered by his list, really. They're usually quite a bit better.
I had forgotten that Xenos inauisitors could get Psykotroche AND Rad grenades. This makes me even more eager to bring one along with my SoB. A 20-Sister blob can get huge buffs from a Xenos and Hereticus in the squad. (And Uriah Jacobus and a couple priests, for good measure.)
Super Mario 3D World is The. Best. Thing.

Walrus Man

Well I'm pleased that the Knight made his points back, even if it means I guessed wrong. I imagine if he hadn't been there to draw fire from the two Stormravens they would have caused a great deal of damage elsewhere.
Steampunk Imperial Guard project log.

Walrus Man, Walrus Man, does what ever a walrus can!
[
url=http://secondsphere.org/index.php/topic,129134.0.html]Are you an Aussie and interested in going to an Official 2S Meet up? Then check out

Waaaghpower

I'm surprised he decided to make the Stormraven Hover THAT CLOSE to the Knight. Why not like 11.9" away, just to be safe?
On the other hand, it neans I guessed right.
Super Mario 3D World is The. Best. Thing.

BigToof

Quote from: Cammerz on March 14, 2014, 04:36:11 PM
Nice bonus fluff added to the first part, and I enjoyed the rest of it as well. Stories with Inquisitors always need a bit of intrigue and this has got it.

A shame that the Knight didn't do too much (maybe a Paladin would have had more fun?) but it's probably for the best, we don't want every game to devolve into low-points Apocalypse. I am looking forward to seeing what happens with this plot-arc and why the White Scars were after Sir Loras of House Tyrell (Oh wait no, not quite, but that does sort of explain why he didn't care for the Sororitas).

So five of us voted correctly in the end, it died but made its points back. BT points for everyone!

Well done with the blob shenanigans though, I should have expected something like that given the number of your battle reports that I've read over the years, really the first thing your opponents should do in a battle is to take out your psykers, the number of times they've won it for you is astonishing. I forsee an increase in GW's sales of Vindicare Assassins in your area.

So you have a nice plot hook that makes me want to read more, once you've thought of suitable plot I'd like to see another Sororitas battle report (or potentially something in the fluff section if you don't get the right sort of battle).

Job's a good un!

Thanks for the kind words Cammerz!
I was worried about the fluff, but glad that it had some interesting parts.
And yes, the Sir Lorras thing was thrown in, just to see if people would respond to it :)
As for the future, I think I might keep the same setup as base with the Soriatus, but probably not the Knight.
I'm planning on maybe having one last go with IG given the new Codex coming out.
But if it's Lady Jenna or the Baron or Commissar O'Keefe...  I haven't decided yet...

Oh, and I'll add you to the sig!

Congrats on gaining LEVEL TWO BIGTOOF POINTS!

Quote from: Waaaghpower on March 14, 2014, 05:52:56 PM
Seraphim were kinda hard-countered by his list, really. They're usually quite a bit better.
I had forgotten that Xenos inauisitors could get Psykotroche AND Rad grenades. This makes me even more eager to bring one along with my SoB. A 20-Sister blob can get huge buffs from a Xenos and Hereticus in the squad. (And Uriah Jacobus and a couple priests, for good measure.)
Quote from: Waaaghpower on March 15, 2014, 01:39:27 AM
I'm surprised he decided to make the Stormraven Hover THAT CLOSE to the Knight. Why not like 11.9" away, just to be safe?
On the other hand, it neans I guessed right.

Yeah, the Seraphim weren't too great, but I'm going to cut them right now.  The Xenos grenade combo is sick if it works correctly as it basically makes your blob almost un-assaultable (if you roll well).  And as for the Stormraven, I think he wanted them close so that I couldn't get close to the objective and well...  I didn't think he remembered the explosion :)

Oh, and welcome to LEVEL ONE BIGTOOF POINTS!

Quote from: Walrus Man on March 15, 2014, 12:00:38 AM
Well I'm pleased that the Knight made his points back, even if it means I guessed wrong. I imagine if he hadn't been there to draw fire from the two Stormravens they would have caused a great deal of damage elsewhere.

Thanks for the reply
It's ok about the guess, you'll have another chance soon.
The Stormravens didn't have too many targets, but they could have been a real nuisance...

Best,
-BT
BigToof Points:

Cammerz: 8
Waaaghpower: 1
The Man They Call Jayne: 3
Mabbz: 6
Archon Sharrek: 3

KCKitsune

Quote from: Walrus Man on March 15, 2014, 12:00:38 AMWell I'm pleased that the Knight made his points back, even if it means I guessed wrong. I imagine if he hadn't been there to draw fire from the two Stormravens they would have caused a great deal of damage elsewhere.
THIS is why I said I would have ignored the Knight.  Pop the Sisters and THEN go after the knight.  Once the Sisters were dead then it would have been easy pickings.  The Knight with the Melta cannon is a joke.  The one with the battlecannon is much nastier as it has two shots with the main gun AND has two heavy stubbas.
From the Makers of Lemon Flavored Kitten souls, comes the newest in Taste Sensations... Mutant Evil Sauce(tm)*!

Mutant Evil Sauce is Good(tm) on EVERYTHING

* == Evil Snacks Inc is not responsible for any uncontrolled outbreaks of flesh eating zombies

BigToof

Quote from: KCKitsune on March 18, 2014, 11:21:59 PM
Quote from: Walrus Man on March 15, 2014, 12:00:38 AMWell I'm pleased that the Knight made his points back, even if it means I guessed wrong. I imagine if he hadn't been there to draw fire from the two Stormravens they would have caused a great deal of damage elsewhere.
THIS is why I said I would have ignored the Knight.  Pop the Sisters and THEN go after the knight.  Once the Sisters were dead then it would have been easy pickings.  The Knight with the Melta cannon is a joke.  The one with the battlecannon is much nastier as it has two shots with the main gun AND has two heavy stubbas.

Thanks for the reply!
I did get in a game versus the Paladin, and I think he might be a better choice than the Errant, but it's hard to say.  The Sisters blob is a bit hard to beat in assault though I think he had the movement to keep dancing away at them...  But, still not sure in the end.

Best,
-BT
BigToof Points:

Cammerz: 8
Waaaghpower: 1
The Man They Call Jayne: 3
Mabbz: 6
Archon Sharrek: 3