News:

For the most up to date reports about what is going on with the forum, and the latest topics of interest, throw us a like on Facebook, and if you're wanting some light banter with the seasoned and spiced members, join the Second Sphere Members Group.

Main Menu

Return of the Contests!!

Started by Narric, February 09, 2013, 06:33:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Narric

Hey admin team and more reknowned forumites.

Has anyone else noticed the severe lack of activity in one of our more communal boards? Namely, the Contest board?

It has been quiet, I think, for far too long. The forum is slowly losing its energy, and I reckon our regular contests could be a way of bringing it back.

I put myself forward as being able to manage future contests. I've already put together a Normal Contest plan, and designed a plan for the remainder of this year (assuming contests resume from the Start of march), even going so far as looking for a little contest to get some interest back into the board.

I don't want to be seen as saying MT is not cut out for the job, I simply say that maybe he has more pressing matters elsewhere in his life. I on the other hand, have plenty of time to dedicate to maintaining the board.

I of course won't mind sharing the responsibility, but I think I will be more than capable of the duty myself.

Don't be afraid to tell me I'm oversteping myself with this :P

Sorck

I'm sure you could have a go at running them. :)

We've not had any luck finding anyone to take them on for a while... either people haven't had the motivation or have been too busy with other things.

Thantos

Im happy to help with what i was doing before one of the initial meltdowns* - collecting entries and making the voting threads? If that helps get things on track.

I think MT and Hivey are pretty busy with life at the moment. As am I with job, miniatures business and dodgy health taking most of my time up lately :/ But might i suggest an inter-forum contest? With a similarly sized forum? Nothing like a bit of united competition to rally the troops together :D

Having someone who can lend their time and talents to organising the contests would certainly get them in the swing again! Well voulenteered that man! :P

*meltdown no.17

Narric

Alrighty then :)

My plan is mostly to just broaden what can be entered, and a slight renaming of the contests.

I'll post up my "Plans" and accompanying material in the Contest board.

I won't complain about anyone willing to help, thanks Thantos :D

In regards to multi-forum comps, I can go around the Blog way, as that will add more places that people will hear about the contests. I'm sure Headologist and Col. Ackland could lend a voice to help. I can also search around for other Forums. During the most recent crash I found myself on the IG Message Boards.

GreaterGoodNewZealand

I know I'm not exactly renowned as a forumite, but I'm definitely looking forward to the return of contests, even if I don't actually enter them...

I'm more than willing to help with anything you might need a hand with, should you decide you need the extra hands.
I wrote a tabletop war game! It can be found here  http://thatkiwiguy.wordpress.com/2011/07/20/5/ -  if people wish to read the rules. Still working on some of the factions and most of the background.

Narric

Right now I'm just trying to wrap my head around how to do Multi-forum/message board sontests. That, and I need to try and get in touch with 247 Wargaming to see if they're interested in offering Prizes, like they have in the past, and then someone is going to have to tell me how the Second Sphere Dice award went to know if that should continue.

LinnScarlett

Oh, return of the contests! Funz! If you ever need an extra pair of hands in something Narric, just give a howler and I'll try to squeeze in some time to help out :)
I need more time to do the Emperor's work!

You can read my stuff on 2S's Fluff and Stories.

Or, you can come visit my author page on Archive of Our Own. WARNING: NC-17

Thantos

QuoteSecond Sphere Dice award went to know if that should continue.

YES! I have too many dice here for any one man! I need to distribute them amung the masses  :P

WG24/7 have pulled out of offering sponsored prizes, understandably since the forum crashes and flops we have had at the moment..

Narric

Quote from: LinnScarlett on February 11, 2013, 01:39:49 PM
Oh, return of the contests! Funz! If you ever need an extra pair of hands in something Narric, just give a howler and I'll try to squeeze in some time to help out :)
Thanks for the offer Linn. I'm not actually sure how many people we'll need.

I reckon extra people can be handy if several of the committee go hiding in a random deserted island for a length of time :shifty:

Quote from: Thantos on February 11, 2013, 06:02:18 PM
QuoteSecond Sphere Dice award went to know if that should continue.

YES! I have too many dice here for any one man! I need to distribute them amung the masses  :P

WG24/7 have pulled out of offering sponsored prizes, understandably since the forum crashes and flops we have had at the moment..

Well, thats a clear answer :P I assume you're in charge of the distribution?

I figure WG247 had pulled out. And I can understand. Hopefully sourcing from other non-GW centric companies could add extra flavour to the contests, and give people plenty of incentive to offer their best.

Thantos

Yea i send out the dice, average of 3 quid to post each set - its an eternal financial burden which i must bare to atone for my sins against the emperor  ::)