News:

For the most up to date reports about what is going on with the forum, and the latest topics of interest, throw us a like on Facebook, and if you're wanting some light banter with the seasoned and spiced members, join the Second Sphere Members Group.

Main Menu

Musing out loud on the future

Started by Pilum, August 06, 2014, 10:03:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pilum

Ok, cat among the pigeons time.
Several rumours of something big happening to WFB soon. As in "serious shakeup" big. While maybe not going as far as "round base skirmish", I do give a reset button some credence. Why?

Warhammer Total War.

We know CA are developing ... Some sort of WFB property. While it *might* be a revisit of Total Warrior, smart money would be on a more traditional title.

GW have always been hesitant about licensing "full" wargames of their titles for obvious reasons. And yet - warhammer total war now seems likely. They could simply be trying to get the Dawn of War effect for WFB, but could it also be a sign that fantasy as we know it is on the way out?

A lower model count game again? The whispered (dreaded?) skirmish option? Fixed size Unit bases like the DBx or Fields of Glory rulesets rather than varying numbers of individual figures? Me reading too much into things?

Just to provoke thoughts and discussion...
A prize from the My Little Warhorse story contest: http://gwarrior456.deviantart.com/art/Its-just-a-little-storm-430546453

Chris

Sounds interesting... My money would be on this 'End Times' thing with the return of Nagash. I think End Times is basically going to be another style of fantasy similar to 'Storm of Magic'. Its gunna be big armies (Fantasy style apocalypse) with God like leaders. So we already have Nagash announced, could be be seeing Sigmar and various other God like characters return too?

If so, I wonder who Warriors of Chaos would get? They could just tool up Archeon so he could go toe to toe with a God, but who knows!

Further sources seem to back up my speculation!
http://natfka.blogspot.co.uk/2014/08/the-end-of-times-will-continue.html