News:

Cammerz brings us some fantastically painted and customised Alpha Legion. Check out their work with detail shots and design insight.

Main Menu

August, the 21st: A Sorrow [Signup/diuscussion/ooc]

Started by Dragon-DAC, February 09, 2014, 09:09:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dragon-DAC

Hello everyone.

Do you have an interest in death?

Maybe I should rephrase that.

Imagine you're going out to see friends you haven't seen in quite a long while. Its a nice, warm sunny august day. Maybe a bit warm, and a bit dry, but not the worst weather summer's had to offer. Draining as it may be, its still summer, and while you haven't gone off to the adult world just yet, this is your last chance to enjoy yourselves, maybe. You should live it up.

You've gotten together with your friends, and you've got a few days to meet up. A week, really, but there's only three days that everyone will be together. And you've already had one day like that. Time's a-wasting. This is your last chance at youth. Don't waste it.

...Because really, you see, you're not a psychic. You can't read palm lines or tea leaves. And even if you could, would you be able to explain why the results are uninterpretable? You wouldn't have seen the signs of great doom those portents would tell. You couldn't recognize the sigils of death all around you.

And you're walking right into it.

I pray you have the best of luck. It might not be enough.

So, I hope that's a dramatic enough introduction for everyone  ;D

Hi, for all around. I'm back here, to try my hand at running things over these forums again. It's certainly been a while, but I haven't stopped my penchant for trying to involve myself in every single RP I can. And actually, I've kind of continued that trend. I hope you can appreciate its very, very artistic, pretentious results, because somehow people really like them and keep coming back.

So, with that said, anyone interested (up to... I'll say 6 players, with 2 backups), can submit a character. They should have just finished college/Uni, anywhere in the world, with anything you want. You should specify what they studied, what their interets are, where they're going in life in the near future, and work out with the other players signed up how they fit into the group.

Leave the doom up to me. I can work around what you guys do. The one thing I can assure is that it's impending. And TERRIBLE.

Just make sure you're ready for it.

--Acecipher

EDIT: We will be using the The Window. How exactly this will be implemented is something I will not decide at 1am.
Quote from: salamut2202 on April 09, 2011, 07:40:09 AM
"Every 8 post you've made you did something amazing?"

Narric

Sounds interesting, and I've never heard of this "Window" :P

Haven't been in college for a while, so I may not have the most up to date experience :P

Dragon-DAC

Quote from: Narric on February 09, 2014, 11:09:38 AM
Sounds interesting, and I've never heard of this "Window" :P

Haven't been in college for a while, so I may not have the most up to date experience :P

Yeah, that's to be expected. I myself feel a bit odd about it, since I'm essentially graduating but not quite, since I'm going to grad school, but I think I can work the premise.
Quote from: salamut2202 on April 09, 2011, 07:40:09 AM
"Every 8 post you've made you did something amazing?"

Naser Al-Istikhara Cyrus

Sign me up. I'll mull over a character today and post a prototype idea tonight :)
Quote from: Narric on August 15, 2011, 12:09:07 AM
You make it sound like it could be wearing a top-hat and monocle, but for the sole reason it'd have been painted by Gareth that it would still look terrifying........I have to say I agree. XD
Quote from: Greg Mun

Naser Al-Istikhara Cyrus

Joe Sullivan

White Male
21 Years of Age
5'8'' tall
65kgs
Scruffy Dark Hair, Blue Eyes
Dresses in Jeans and a Polo Shirt

Background
Joe Sullivan was born in 1993, in Denver, USA. His father was an IT worker, who primarily did jobs such as data entry or IT maintenance. His mother was an alcoholic chain-smoker who lived off her husband's modest salary, going through life without ever having a permanent job.

Joe's early life wasn't worth boasting about. His dad worked extremely long hours, and when he was at home he was often shouted at or abused by his mother, who repeatedly reminds him that he was an accident. He has one younger brother, Thomas, who is 19, but spends 80% of the time on his computer playing World of Warcraft, and another 80% of the time doing drugs.

Joe isn't very religious, though he has always expressed interest in having a faith to follow. His dad is a Christian, but his mother doesn't believe in that kind of "crap", leaving his dad to his faith in relative isolation. If it wasn't obvious already, his mum was the dominant one of the relationship.

Traits and Personality
Joe has just graduated from University with a Bachelor in Political Science, however his real interest lies in books and journals. He loves history, and regularly compares current situation to often irrelevant events that occurred thousands of years previously. He also is willing to accept anything as fact, provided he found it in what he believes is a trustworthy source.

Joe doesn't have any shortage of character flaws. His narrow scope of thinking and constant recollection of text he has read allows him to be highly knowledgeable, but with questionable quality of said information. Furthermore, he is almost completely unable to think with a pragmatic approach. He is stubborn, ignorant to that which doesn't please him, and raises his defensive barriers prematurely when he feels like he is being messed around by someone.

Joe's ideal goal in life is to sit back and watch as memorable events happen that will be recorded in history. He doesn't mind educating others in past events, but is definitely a follower as opposed to a leader. He approaches morality with a utilitarian approach, believing that the greater good is the best solution for the long run, and easily spotted as a positive outcome when the situation is looked back on in history.
Quote from: Narric on August 15, 2011, 12:09:07 AM
You make it sound like it could be wearing a top-hat and monocle, but for the sole reason it'd have been painted by Gareth that it would still look terrifying........I have to say I agree. XD
Quote from: Greg Mun