News:

For the most up to date reports about what is going on with the forum, and the latest topics of interest, throw us a like on Facebook, and if you're wanting some light banter with the seasoned and spiced members, join the Second Sphere Members Group.

Main Menu

My Commander and his Cadre HQ

Started by Ra´Meses, September 17, 2016, 12:03:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ra´Meses

I have started to assemble the miniatures that will become my Farsight Enclaves Hunter Cadre.

Me and my youngest son have gone through the equipment as we assemble. His main job is to ensure I do not loose sight of Rule of Cool and not just do a boring "Dad" set-up.

So here comes the HQ. Any input is welcome.

Shas'O Ra'Meses
Twin-linked Fusion Blasters
Fusion Blades
Vectored retro-thrust era
Shield generator

Bodyguards
Shas'Vre J'Karta
Twin-Linked Fusion blasters
Iridium armour
Vectored retro-thrusters
Bonded

Shas'Vre B'Karta
Multi-spectrum sensor suit
Cyclic Ion Blaster
Vectored retro-thrust era
Counterfire defence measures
Bonde

+ 1 Shield done

340 points total

Cadre Fireblade B'Nel
+1 Shield Drone   72 points

Total: 414 points on HQ

A lot of points but they will command between 1000 to 1500 points so I find it okay.
In true Farsight Spirit Ra'Meses likes to get up close. His team focuses on armoured threats since he mostly engage the Imperiums forces.
The idea is to dive in, make a kill and move out of dangerous

"AND MY AXE!"

Mabbz

So presumably they'll be deepstriking next to enemy armour and causing havoc? I can't speak for how effective or points-efficient it'll be, but who cares about that when you can have a cool commander!

Also, I tried running through the Tau Xenolexicon for your Tau names, and here's what I got:

Ra'Meses:
Ra = Wrong
Meses has no translation, closest I can see is Mesa = "To mark" or "To Identify"
So... Commander Wrong Mark? Misidentified? Disguised?

J'Karta:
J = To Relfect, reverse
Karta doesn't exist, but Kar = Correct and Ta = Soul
Reverse correct soul? Corrupter?

B'Karta:
B = Shepherd, Guide, Basic
Guide correct soul? Savior (in a religious way)?

B'Nel
Nel doesn't exist, but N = Second and El = Hero/commander
Basic Second Commander? I'm not sure.

Ra´Meses

Ahhh... Stupid autocorrect!

It should be B'Karra and J'Karra. That should be more correct  :P

Nel comes from the title for an expirienced Fireblade, Shas'Nel. So it is a nickname. Shepherd hero sort of.

Did not actually know you could get some meaning from Ra'Meses. Its a really old nick since the days of Tauonline
"AND MY AXE!"

Ra´Meses

Thanks to Mabbz input my fantasy started to spin. Why does Ra'Meses name mean.

So here we go!

Ra'Meses is the Gue'vesas way of spelling the nickname Ra'Mesa'Es. It is infact a rather complicated name with several meanings.

Commander Ra'Mesa'Es weapons of choice is the Twin-linked Fusion Blaster with fusion blades. These weapons was made famous by none other than Commander Brightsword.
This circumstance caused what turned out to be a very fortunate misidentification.

A Tau outpost came under a sudden attack of a Space Marine strike force on a world recently discovered by the Enclaves. Falling back to the central dome enabled the Fireblade in command to save most of the defenders as the garnison commander lead the few Battlesuits in a suicidal counterattack.

Now the Chief scientist and engineer of the station acted and the workers managed to improvise fortifications and even got a battlesuit under repair working.
The signal array was destroyed but not before a desperate cry for help could be sent.

Luckily a Hunter Cadre was enroute back to enclave space passing the area.
The Shas'O in command realized it was up to his forces to try and help the beleagured research station. His cadre was undermanned after hard fighting against greenskins but after a short council it was decided they would attack.

The only option seemed to be to strike directly towards the commanding element of the Space Marines, hoping the confusion would make them think a larger Tau force was attacking rather than an understrength Hunter cadre.

As the Tau squadron sweept in they managed to take the Imperial ships with suprise and get an opening for the Mantas to make a direct attack.

But what really turned the battle proved not to be the suprise attack but the Tau defenders reaction.

As the Hunter Cadre made its drop near the Space Marine command squad, defenders mistook the Shas'O for Commander Brightsword. Believeing one of the fabled Eight had come to their rescue and that Farsight himself could not be far behind, the morale soared and the Fire warriors sallied forth pouring fire as they went.

The Space Marines that had just turned to fight of the suprise attack got totally wrongfooted by the sudden infantry charge and the leading breacher teams managed to get in close with their deadly pulse blasters.

The Imperial force made a hasty withdrawal in order to regroup and reconsider their options.
Meanwhile on the planet the misidentification became apparent causing both laugther and some embarrasment, especially for the commanding Fireblade B'Nel. But the Shas'O pointed out that in the end it was the very fact that the garrison had believed they were saved that had helped them to dare launch their own succesful counterattack.

As the Space Marines would soon realize their foe was still weak the Tau swiftly evacuated the facility and blew up the remains, leaving what was left to the humans.

From that day the Shas'O was know as "The Wrong One" or more formally The misidentified yet forceful" or Ra'mesa'Es.
But mostly it is just Ra'Mesa.

But the Gue'vesas attached to the Hunter Cadre have problems pronouncing and therefore call him Commander Rameses
"AND MY AXE!"

Mabbz

Yay! I'm helping!

Any story behind J'Kaara and B'Kaara? I believe J'Kaara means Mirror, while B'Kaara would be... Basic image? Picture of a Shepherd?

Ra´Meses

Guide with a map, a navigatior. Someone who guide the rest of the team to were they need to be. That is B'Karra.

J'Karra is named the Mirror because he Mirror his commander in weaponry and attitude
"AND MY AXE!"

Cammerz

Looks like a decent set-up, a Fireblade and/or Ethereal is always a useful addition to any gunline, but I do wonder what makes 'a boring "Dad" set-up'? Which units/wargear does your son object to and conversely, which are the really cool things he insists upon?

Ra´Meses

I need more "miniguns" aka burst Cannon

He is ok with my commander though. Finds it cool to Imagine him and his team leading in, busting up a tank and then lep out if combat.

But I think I will make a minigun Monat battlesuit
"AND MY AXE!"