News:

Cammerz brings us some fantastically painted and customised Alpha Legion. Check out their work with detail shots and design insight.

Main Menu

New Boxed Set: Orks vs. SPACE WOLVES??

Started by BigToof, July 06, 2014, 05:57:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Will's on Fire

Quote from: The Man They Call Jayne on July 08, 2014, 01:06:04 AM
Are they releasing a Mini rule book to go with it?

Yes, there was a picture from a White Dwarf somewhere that said it would do. Can't remember where I saw the picture though.

Here on Warseer.

- Will

Chris

I'm not all that impressed with the miniatures in this set... I'm thinking this edition may just be the first edition where I buy the real rule book! That's 4 editions without a rulebook!

Narric

The miniatures are just the normal box sets plus the Character frames. Not as impressive as a true Starter Set model frame set.

For the price though, it is value, but not impressive :P

Sorck

Quote from: Narric on July 16, 2014, 07:24:27 PM
The miniatures are just the normal box sets plus the Character frames. Not as impressive as a true Starter Set model frame set.

For the price though, it is value, but not impressive :P
Not as impressive in terms of effort but the value is higher when the models are on the normal sprues as the miniatures aren't all going to end up identically posed by every single purchaser of the set.

Irisado

Quote from: Narric on July 08, 2014, 07:41:30 AM
Seems to be a Campaign box set. Interested to see close ups of the models, as thats all I care about :P

It was confirmed as a campaign box set while Second Sphere was taking a nap.  I was mistaken about it possibly being a starter set.
Soñando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente

Sorck

DV was taken down whilst GW repackaged them with a 7th Ed rulebook. It's rather annoying that my gaming club picked up DV about a week before the change.

Scoutfox

I got my set in the mail the other day. I read through the campaign book and really enjoyed it. The missions in the book follow the narrative in the book and let players reenact the story. It has rules for all the units in the set as well as stats for all the weapons. It is a great starter set for people getting into the hobby or vets that need extra minis.

I mainly got mine for the mini rulebook, as I can't see forking over $85 for rules when I've already spent so much on each codex. I'll keep the Ork stuff and Ebay the wolves. (If anyone wants them pm me). The fact that they aren't snap fit and just the regular units is awesome. So many bits.

Also at the end they show the cover of the next Ork supplement; speed freaks so I'll be happy and poor.