News:

Cammerz brings us some fantastically painted and customised Alpha Legion. Check out their work with detail shots and design insight.

Main Menu

Dark Eldar vs IG in "Parlay?: 6th Ed Style" (1500, 7/25/12)

Started by BigToof, July 25, 2012, 09:25:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Man They Call Jayne

Just. . .ouch. That was brutality in the extreme.

Kinda makes me wonder how they would fair against a Tau army. Lots of mid to long range mid strength shooting and the ability to take away your coversaves. And then Railgun just kill things extra dead if needed :P

A great rep as always Mr Toof. :)
Jaynes Awesome Card Counter: +5

Secondspheres Crash Card Counter +4

crisis_vyper

Quote from: BigToof on August 01, 2012, 04:35:30 PM
Hi Crisis,
Thanks for your reply.

It's kind of funny how our first armies mirror how we play.
You played Tau, so of course you're all about positioning and shooting.
I played Orks, so if I don't pull off at least one assault per game, I feel like I've gipped.

You know you just made me realized this; almost all my armies involves some shuffling nonsense and/or shooting. :P

I still think GK is pretty tough, but I'll try to get a game in with them and see how it works.

True, they are one of the top three armies around still.

I'm not sure if it's a wise idea, but I'm going to try to use a small unit of Grots (Grotsx3 w/Aberrant and LG in a Raider) in with my Archon and Haemonculus.  That way I can bounce wounds around as necessary to the squad as 3/5 models are characters.  I'm going to try and get an assault off, hopefully with Runes to back me up I won't be entirely squashed into next week.

I say try it out. Currently a lot of armies have something that they need to change.

Oh, also trying a Farseer on Jetbike.  I've been thinking of using them with the Reavers as a Doom-Bladevane combo, but not sure if that would paint a major target on their heads.

You mentioned you're using a Doom-Seer as well.  Have you just been sticking them in with the Guardians or have you ever tried the Reavers?

Well, I have not used the Doomseer proper in my games as I do not have the model (until I modeled it yesterday). But now that I have the seer, I bumped into another interesting question......

BigToof

Quote from: The Man They Call Jayne on August 01, 2012, 05:03:56 PM
Just. . .ouch. That was brutality in the extreme.

Kinda makes me wonder how they would fair against a Tau army. Lots of mid to long range mid strength shooting and the ability to take away your coversaves. And then Railgun just kill things extra dead if needed :P

A great rep as always Mr Toof. :)

Hi Jayne,
Thanks for the kind words.  Tau would give me more trouble as they ignore night fight and are far shootier than my Dark Eldar are at the moment.  I don't really have a good assault element (soon to change, though!) and if the enemy can outshoot me/outrange me, I'm not sure how to respond...

Quote from: crisis_vyper on August 01, 2012, 06:50:06 PM
Quote from: BigToof on August 01, 2012, 04:35:30 PM
Hi Crisis,
Thanks for your reply.

It's kind of funny how our first armies mirror how we play.
You played Tau, so of course you're all about positioning and shooting.
I played Orks, so if I don't pull off at least one assault per game, I feel like I've gipped.

You know you just made me realized this; almost all my armies involves some shuffling nonsense and/or shooting. :P

I still think GK is pretty tough, but I'll try to get a game in with them and see how it works.

True, they are one of the top three armies around still.

I'm not sure if it's a wise idea, but I'm going to try to use a small unit of Grots (Grotsx3 w/Aberrant and LG in a Raider) in with my Archon and Haemonculus.  That way I can bounce wounds around as necessary to the squad as 3/5 models are characters.  I'm going to try and get an assault off, hopefully with Runes to back me up I won't be entirely squashed into next week.

I say try it out. Currently a lot of armies have something that they need to change.

Oh, also trying a Farseer on Jetbike.  I've been thinking of using them with the Reavers as a Doom-Bladevane combo, but not sure if that would paint a major target on their heads.

You mentioned you're using a Doom-Seer as well.  Have you just been sticking them in with the Guardians or have you ever tried the Reavers?

Well, I have not used the Doomseer proper in my games as I do not have the model (until I modeled it yesterday). But now that I have the seer, I bumped into another interesting question......

Hi Crisis,
Thanks for your response.  I'm trying the Doomseer to see just how well it works (on paper, it should boost the Reavers by a bit) and also keep the seer safe.

As for your question, the crux of the matter is that the Harlequins are from the Eldar codex, and thus can be fortuned.  The way it's worded now, it's not really feasible (unless your mates let you) to just fortune the Farseer and have it work for everyone.  Also, you can't fortune DE at the moment (unless as said, your mates agree that Dark Eldar are Eldar... an argument I won't go into here)

Best,
-BT
BigToof Points:

Cammerz: 8
Waaaghpower: 1
The Man They Call Jayne: 3
Mabbz: 6
Archon Sharrek: 3