News:

For the most up to date reports about what is going on with the forum, and the latest topics of interest, throw us a like on Facebook, and if you're wanting some light banter with the seasoned and spiced members, join the Second Sphere Members Group.

Main Menu

Tyranid Rumors (Summary on Page 3!)

Started by Begel Dverl, August 21, 2013, 07:52:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chicop76

Quote from: Scout Sergeant Mkoll on August 27, 2013, 10:47:12 AM
Chicop, you do realise the whole point of Tyranids is "Rawr, grible gribble, combat. Oh no, you're all dead", right? :P

'Nids aren't supposed to shoot, they're supposed to throw bodies at the enemy and then slaughter them in close quarters.

I quite like the "ally with yourself" idea, though I would've liked a slightly edited ally chart to represent things like Genestealer cults etc.

The whole point is they are supposed to adept. If they get destroyed in sooting than they adapt and be shooty.

It's like shooty orks. It throws people off. They expect nids to run in and gobble, gobble. Instead I sit back and shoot. Like I said the older nid dex llowed me to outshoot everyone, but orcs.

Even so my shooty nidlist always did realy, really well. What was great about it I did had non shooty elements in case I need to force my way on objecetives.

I can still do shooty, but it's not really the same as before. Shooty nids now are more anti infantry than anti tank. Can't complain about biovore's at all.

Begel Dverl

MORRRRRRRRRE STUFF

Lots of Content in this one
Quote from: Anonymous source on Faeit 212
This is from the latest test codex to finalize the rules for the upcoming codex.
HQ:
Hive tyrant:
WS BS S  T  W  I  A  LD  SV
8  4  7  7  5  6  5  10  3+

composition: 1 Hive tyrant
Unit type: monsterous creature

Weapons and biomorphs:
Bonded exoskeleton
bone sword (challenge weapon)
lash wip (changed: -4 to enemies initative)
scything talons

special rules:
Synapse creature
psyker mastery level 3
overlord (+1 to movement & charge distance for army until death of unit)
shadow in the warp (changed: -4 to enemy physic tests within 12'')
leaderless (death of unit will cause strengh 4 AP - hits to all units within 12'')

physic powers:(under testing)

options:
add an additional set of scything talons: free
replace scything talons with heavy venom cannon:
stranglethorn cannon: (changed: 15pts)
twin linked death spitters: (changed: strength 5 AP 4 assault 4) :

may take the following:
Adrenal glands: 5pts
toxic sacks:
acid blood:
implant attack : (changed: challenge weapon) :
toxic miasma:
regeneration: (changed: 5+ to regain a wound at the end of the turn) :
Alpha regeneration: (4+ to geain a wound at the end of the turn):

May take up to two upgrades:
armoured shell:
wings:
spore field (-1 to enemy BS when firing at model):
physic shield (4+ invunrible save)

Swarmlord:
WS  BS  S  T  W  I  A  LD  SV
10  0   8  7  6  7  6  10  2+/4+

Composition: 1 Swarmlord
Unit type: Character Monsterous creature

Weapons and biomorphs:
Bonesabres (challenge weapon)
armoured shell
physic shield

special rules:
synapse creature (18'' range)
phyker mastery level 4
swarm leader: (changed: give one unit: rage, fear or feel no pain)
undying beast: gains eternal warrior special rule
blade parry: (changed: gains +1 attack for every enemy model in base contact. striking at initative step 7)
shadow in the warp
painfull  loss: (once the unit is killed ALL models must take a unmodified leadership test (including units under synapse) the amount you fail by
on your leadership test is the amount of wounds a unit must take)

physic powers: (under testing)

Tervigon:
4   0   6  6  6  1  2  10  3+

Composition: 1 tervigon
unit type: monsterous creature

weapons and biomorphs: (Unchanged)

special rules:
synapse creature: (12'' range)
brood progenitor
pysker mastery level 2
shadow in the warp
spawn termagaunts
it will not die

physic powers: (under testing)

Must take one of the following:
scything talons:
piercing talons: (+1 stength)
crushing claws: (changed:
spore field:

can take one of the following:
adrenal glands :
toxic sacks:
acid blood:
toxic miasma:
regeneration:

Tyranid prime:
6   4   6  5  4  5  4  10  3+

Composition: 1 tyranid prime
unit type: infantry

weapons and biomorphs:
scything talons
rending claws
implant attack

special rules:
synapse creature:(6'')
alpha warrior: (changed: if unit joins warriors then synapse range increases to 12'' also allows squad to use WS)
shadow in the warp

replace scything talons with:
pair of bone swords (changed: challenge weapons) :
lash wip and bone sword:

may take the following:
adrenal glands:
toxic sacks:
regeneration:
physic shield:

ranged weaponry: (under going beta testing)

The parasite of mortrex:
6   0   5  5  2  6  3  10  3+

Composition: 1 parasite of mortex
unit type: jump infatry

weapons and biomorphs: (unchanged)
special rules: (unchanged)

Hive guard:
You may include a squad of hive guard if you take either the hive tyrand or the swarmlord
(these do not count towards your HQ slots)

4   0   6  6  1  4  3  7   3+

Unit composition: 1-3 hive guard
unit type: infatry (character)

weapons and biomorphs:
rending claws
scything talons
boned exoskeleton

special rules:
instinctive behaviour - feed
blind rampage
rage
shield wall

may take the following:
lash whip
bone sword (challenge weapon)

Quote from: Bell of Lost Souls
They rain down from the Hiveships, gelatenous bags of vile ichor and malevolence.  Here's the latest word on the Mycetic Spore said to arriving with the upcoming Tyranids.

-Mycetic Spore is coming with the new Tyranid release

-Plastic combo-kit that makes the Spore and another large bug.

-It is an enormous creature, with an immense abdomen/transport sac, that spills over the sides of a standard oval base.

-It has tiny vestigial arms similar to a Zoanthropes, and a head with a tentacle ringed maw.

-The giant abdomen/sac looks swollen, and has internal protuberances looking like Tyranid creatures are stretching the skin from within, about to rip their way out...  :wow:

-It has forward arms options that can be upgraded for various biomorph/weapon options.

-The secondary creature build option replaces the abdomen/sac with something entirely different.

Kur'os

I'm drooling at those Hive Tyrant stats / options...  >.<

And the description of the Myscetic Spore make me chuckle.

-Kur'os

Rarity Declis

Quote from: Chris on August 26, 2013, 12:19:30 PM
I'll stick this in a new thread, so we can discuss it there...  Lets keep this for Tyrannids....

Although, Forum is DEAD at the moment.

Yeah, it has quieted down. That said, the best thing we can do is keep posting good content and eventually people will come.

Quote from: Chris on August 26, 2013, 08:56:33 AM
January: Ork Codex; Plastic Kommandoz & Warboss Plastic Kit

God dammit, they've already updated/ing Space Marines, Chaos Marines, got a Tau army, and now they're updating the Orks as well? Jesus Christ, GW, re-release Dark Eldar and just drive me into insanity and/or bankruptcy.

Sorck

I'm sorry but am I missing something when I read 'Challenge Weapon'? I don't recall there being such a rule/weapon type anywhere. (I thought that challenges did not depend upon armament, though perhaps this is a potential special rule?)

Chicop76

Might be something like daemons where you can force a challenge or something like that.

Toughness 7 Tyrants is a bit hard to believe. Maybe 5 and 6 wounds which is plauseable. I seriously doubt the toughness 7.

I think it's best just to wait for the book. I mean you have no ideal what toxin sacs, for example would due in the new codex. Even sything talons you have no clue, may be +1 attack, or stil re -roll on 1.

I learned long ago wait for codex, read it than buy models. I still bought ariptide, but reading the book made me buy another.

Kur'os

A couple editions ago, a toughness 7 Hive Tyrant would have been extreme.  Nowadays, toughness 6 is almost a joke...

-Kur'os

Rarity Declis

Personally, I think that a Hive Tyrant, a Trygon, a Carnifex should all ignore bolter shots; they should completely stride through small arms fire and be scary as hell, requiring something heavy duty or a suicidal Sergeant feeling lucky with a grenade, who will die trying to take it down.

That said, 5 wounds, that's on the high end of things in my opinion. But then again, I don't think any humans that aren't Primarchs should be given more than 3 wounds, except maybe Abaddon (you know, the chosen son of Chaos blessed by all four powers), so seeing some humans given 4 or 5 wounds seems ridiculous.

Chicop76

5 wounds is plauseable since all greater deamons got a wound increase, except princes.

Anyway most MCs fall at toughness 6, with a few at 5, a few at 7, and 0ne or two at 8.

Thinking about it the C'tan was dropped to 7, Dark Eldar are at 7, and old clean, plus Ku'gath at 7.

I can see a swarmlord at 7, but not a tyrant to be honest. Even so I still see a swarmlord at 6 more than 7.

You have to undestand that if they still have acess to biomancy than you may be dealing with a T8-10 MC anyway instead of a T7-T9.

Which is why I hate rumors, stats are not really meaningful unless you know what powers and abilities are available. You may have a toughness upgrade.

Thiniking of toughness upgrades Carnifexes used to be able to be 7, so it is possible they can bring it back and upgrade units to 7. Which again if T7 is believable than they can possible be upgraded to 8 if they use last edition bio-morphs as an option.

Overall looking at other MC's and comparing how nids ran the last several years. I still doubt you will see many toughness 7 models in the new dex. I wouln't be surprised to see the carnifex and tyrant getting more wounds like all the other MC's did this edition.

Just going by 6th edition only 2 MC's seen a toughness hike. Which made sence since Nurgle should be tougher than the other MCs. Other than those two Nurgle models all the other MC's stayed at 6 besides the Eldar wraithlord and the new model which are 8.

Looking at how a Bloodthirster tears through armies and it is T6 I doubt they will make a tyrant t7.

salamut2202

Necero, because I should post outside the Enclave every once in a while.

New Hive Guard Box

Resized your image for ya  ;)

Thantos

They look cool :D and just in time for xmas hehe

Charistoph

Quote from: salamut2202 on November 08, 2013, 08:20:10 AM

New Hive Guard Box

Looks like they may actually have weapon options...  Will they be like the sponson weapons on a hammerhead, only one useful build for the price, or actually an option to have?
Are you a Wolf, a Sheep, or a Hound?

Quote from: Megavolt-They called me crazy.  They called me insane!  THEY CALLED ME LOONEY!! and boy, were they right."

Begel Dverl

Quote from: Charistoph on November 08, 2013, 03:29:37 PM
Quote from: salamut2202 on November 08, 2013, 08:20:10 AM

New Hive Guard Box

Looks like they may actually have weapon options...  Will they be like the sponson weapons on a hammerhead, only one useful build for the price, or actually an option to have?
What in fuck's name is wrong with their fingers?

Narric

My guess is fused together for stronger support? *Le shrug*

salamut2202