News:

Cammerz brings us some fantastically painted and customised Alpha Legion. Check out their work with detail shots and design insight.

Main Menu

Mass Effect: The Council RPG (Roleplay)

Started by Rarity Declis, June 01, 2012, 09:53:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Man They Call Jayne

"The Asari Fleet will join you. We will clear Hades Gamma of this threat."
Jaynes Awesome Card Counter: +5

Secondspheres Crash Card Counter +4

Vyper

'Taskforce 1 will accompany your fleets, these attacks are nothing short of an act of war.'

Rarity Declis

4 Days Later: Asari Councillor Athame's room

The Asari Spectre, Maria, walked into Councillor Athame's office. "Councillor, I must speak with you as soon as possible. I have grave news regarding the Terminus systems." She kneels before the Councillor, who is busy getting ready to the next meeting.

Will's on Fire

"Salarians, is it true that this council betrayed your trust and failed to defend you when you were in need?

Ceberus, is it true that you valued yourself above the others during the fighting and chose to flee out of line, possibly making it far worse for the others? Oh, and would you like your spy back? Maybe a trade of some sort? Do you have anything to give in return?"

ZaFira allowed that comment to be digested then added "Do we now know the size of the rachni's fleets?"

Vyper

Again the illusive man appeared to be reading something outside the holo-pict.

'Before you go making accusations Quarian, pehaps you should tell us why your fleet did not assist in the battle against the Rachni, when you could have easily tipped the battle in our favour. You came here asking for our help against the threat, yet you did nothing to assist us.'

Will's on Fire

"Two things, firstly we were not asked to join. Secondly you still do not count us even as neutrals, therefore it is not in our interests to give you a section of our fleet you can turn upon. I have answered your questions no you answer our questions, do you want your spy back? What was he doing there in the first place?"

The Man They Call Jayne

The Matriach spoke.

"You were not asked to join? You need to be asked to defend yourselves? In future, if you request our aid, you will be on the front lines with us. Remember this, if we were going to turn on you, you would not be standing here now. Now excuse me, I have matters to deal with, most pressingly the rebuilding of the Asari fleet."

She rose and left the room to meet the still waiting Spectre.

"My apologies for keeping you waiting. What do you need?"

Rarity Declis

The Asari Spectre bowed.

"I bring grave news, Chancellor. A large Mercernary Fleet is gathering on our borders. I have been running hit and run attacks on them with some other mercenaries, and have slowed them down. However, I have managed to bring you their numbers. Leave these Rachni to the humans and Quarians; if we do not act, Thessia will be attacked."

Maria handed Athame the mercernary fleet numbers. 3 Battleship-Class vessels, 4 Destroyer Class Vessels, 10 Cruiser-Class vessels.

Geth Commander appeared in the Council Room as a flickering holograph.

"Speaker, we have estimated the numbers of the Rachni. This is but a Vanguard of their attack, and they are aiming towards the human, Quarian and Salarian colonies. However, regarding the Vanguard, doubling Geth numbers would allow us to fight them back. However, estimates show this is but a reprieve. Forces required to win the war shall need to greatly increase."

Will's on Fire

"Matriarch, I think you'll find we did defend ourselves, and due to our carefully planned defence we lost no ships. We requested aid because we have been getting attacked, we did not support the motion of throwing a small fleet at somewhat unknown numbers.  Any offence against the Rachni would need to be much more carefully planned if you want the Quarians to join you in the fight. We are but a small population, our entire race is bound to our migrant fleet. There is no homeworld for us to fall back to if our fleet takes severe losses. Severe losses to our fleet are severe losses to our entire race."

The Man They Call Jayne

"The Homeworld. . .It cannot fall, it must not. Our newest Battleship is under construction there with our new cannons. The rest of the fleet will move to join you, hopefully our current battleship can be retro fitted with it aswell."

It is our only chance.

Rarity Declis

Maria nodded. "Matriarch..." she began, frowned, and then continued...

"The Council does't use it's funds for anything other than bureaucratic processes. Convince them to buy a Council Fleet, have the races donate to it, under the command of the Council for fight the wars that the other races won't." She swallowed.

"Let the Geth command the Southern War against the Rachni, and lead this new Fleet to save our homeworld." Maria nodded. "If the Quarians help the Geth and humans, they can hold long enough for us to win this war against the Mercernaries and turn around and help. If they lose, we have a counter-attack force."

She shrugged. "That's all my advice. One other thing though- I am to remain a singular Spectre? I thought this Order was created to be many, and yet I am alone. Why not suggest more Spectres? The Geth are capable, and another Asari wouldn't hurt."

Mabbz

"The purpose of the council fleet was not to destroy the Rachni, it was simply to engage them and determine their strength, as well as showing them that the council will not sit back and ignore them. Now that we have more data we can formulate a proper response. As for your comments..." The Geth speaker paused before continuing, considering it's next words.

"First, we apologise for not being clearer in our request for reinforcements. We had in fact been addressing all present, the Quarians included. With that in mind, allow us to formally request any assistance you are willing to give. Perhaps in battle, our races can come to trust each other once more. Second, your accusations against Cerberus are unfounded. Even if you have spies in the council fleet you cannot hope to have more information than the Geth commander, and although he admits that Cerberus took less damage in the battle, he also say that their is no evidence of foul play or cowardly behaviour." Again the Geth paused, before continuing.

"Finally, the Geth would like to commend the Salarians and the Quarians on their victories. We apologise for being unable to stop the Rachni and keep you both out of it. We are sending more ships to reinforce the fleet, and our next attack shall be better planned. In the meantime I advise all races prepare for more attacks."

The Man They Call Jayne

"Agreed Maria. I shall return to the council and bring them to reason."

The Matriarch left the Spectre with a slight bow of acknowledgement. Entering the council room she stood in her place and raised a hand. The room fell silent.

"We have learned  from this encounter. We have learned that we are not ready. We are not prepared. We must be and we will be. I put this forward to you all. For a short period there will be an increase in taxation and recruitment.  This taxation will go towards the funding of a Fleet under the control of this council, for the protection of us all. In addition, I ask that any race who wishes to do so present individuals for training as Spectres. These individuals must be the best of your best of your best."

"I also have grave news. The Asari Homeworld is about to come under attack, I am redirecting our fleet to defend it, and I would ask that the fleet raised by the council join it there until this threat is removed. If the council will agree to fund a new fleet, I will instruct my engineers to fit the Battleships with the latest weapons developments the Asari have availiable."

Will's on Fire

"If we had ships to spare Geth, we would supply the help you require. Unfortunately at this current time is was a miracle we fought off the Rachni that assaulted us. Hopefully soon we will have the fleet to spare, but at this moment in time, we must keep our fleet safe, or risk the collapse of our society. Maybe if we are given position on the council we can begun to see ourselves as useful once more. Until then, as you are still declaring us outlaws we feel if we help we will be viewed as nothing more than mercenaries. We are much, much more than mere mercenaries."

ZaFira stopped for a moment, pulled a tablet out from a pocket, and read it for a few seconds.

"I think you'll find a spy is a fairly good reason to doubt someone's intentions. Whilst ceberus are held in higher regard than us, we feel even less requirement to have anything to do with your fleets. Backstabbers and cowards are not useful allies."

Vyper

'I still do not understand why you are here Quarian. You come asking for help, yet when it is given, you do not assist. Then when we question your motives, you throw up a smoke screen of rumours.'

The Illusive Man lifted a questioning eyebrow.

'And now you request a council seat? Perhaps if you were to assist us, rather than stand there and complain, you might get somewhere...'