News:

For the most up to date reports about what is going on with the forum, and the latest topics of interest, throw us a like on Facebook, and if you're wanting some light banter with the seasoned and spiced members, join the Second Sphere Members Group.

Main Menu

The Heresy (backup) - Mechanics thread

Started by Wargamer, May 10, 2012, 01:37:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

silverfuge

Gm is God

Wargamer

First of the results for Turn 2 - I'll post the rest later, then start poking people more so turn 3 can include everyone. :P

The Forgeworld Crusade:
No force in the galaxy could hope to stand against such a force as what began its quest through the south-eastern spiral arm, yet many tried regardless. Though Alpharius' Legion was able to bring many to the fold several worlds without bloodshed, the few Forge Worlds discovered refused to give up without a fight. Here, the Alpha Legion and Ultramarines bore the brunt of the fighting, and the heaviest losses. It was urban fighting on a scale nigh on incomprehensible, and those in the Imperial Army who survived found their siege companies sorely lacking in true bunker-busting artillery.

Nevertheless, it was a profitable venture. New Forge Worlds meant new technologies and secrets thought lost were now coming to light. Production rates increased, and under the watchful eyes of the Ultramarines Legion supply lines were established and planets fortified. The secondary and tertiary forces moving along the Crusade path noted that the worlds they passed showed far less unrest or general disorder than most. The High Lords concluded that, whilst the Crusade was not as swift as they would have liked, they saw great potential in Guilliman's methodology.

All the Legions who fought in the Crusade gained renown within the High Lords and the Army Groups they fought beside. The technology they recovered has been returned to Mars.

The Second Crusade:
It seems no matter where Humanity goes, the Orks are already there. Not that this mattered one iota to the Legions that smashed their way through the northeastern regions of the galaxy. "One world was so thick with them we ran out of bolts before the end," one Space Wolf recounted. "We had to resort to tearing them apart with sword, axe and bare hands! It was glorious!"

Elsewhere, on the rimward edge of the battlegroup's theatre of operation, Luna Wolves stumbled upon a backward Human world that spoke of "Fae Folk" that came in midsummer in search of sacrifice. One of the squads reported locating some form of xenos ruin, possibly alien in origin. They were never heard from again. When Midsummer finally came, all contact was lost with the Luna Wolves Company on the surface, as well as the thirty-thousand troops stationed as support. Their Chapter avenged them in some of the bloodiest combat seen during the conflict, and Horus' Legion returned many prizes for study by the Adeptus Mechanicus.

The Night Lords came into their own during the campaign. As the extent of Ork infestation became clear, the Night Lords found themselves all but unsupported in their effort to stay true to the original course. This turned out to be a good thing, as it meant that the Legion alone was there to take the glory of conquest. As well as earning a name for themselves as swift and deadly warriors (they claimed more worlds than any other Legion in the timescale of the Crusade), they were amassing experience in the arts of war.

The Wolves and Thousand Sons were drawn coreward by the continued threat of the Orks. It was not one Empire they faced, but dozens, even hundreds. They fought amongst themselves, right up until the Legions arrived. The forces slowed, then stopped altogether as the Xenos threat, massive beyond imagining, threatened to engulf them. It was a testament to both Legions that not a single world fell, though many came within a hair's bredth of doing so. It came as no surprise to the Sons of Russ that they received no praise for their part in these events - instead, they were simply sent irritable communiques asking why they had fallen so far behind.

All Night Lords Chapters who took part in the Crusade gain a bonus when attacking.
Luna Wolves and Thousand Sons gain renown.
I wrote a novel - Dreamscape: The Wanderer.. Available in paperback and pdf.

Quote from: Liberate the Warhammers
People who have no sense of Sportsmanship have NO PLACE designing any Gaming system

silverfuge

ooc how does this work for 1st company who already have a +1 to attack /ooc

Glad actually doing something payed off. Just hoping the recruitment pays off too.
Gm is God

The Man They Call Jayne

When Magnus learned of the disrespect his brother had been shown, despite the fact that without him they surely would have fallen, he became enraged. How dare they ignore the contributions of the Great Wolf and the sons of Russ. Make no mistake, Magnus would get to the bottom of this, even if he had to shine the light on Russ himself.
Jaynes Awesome Card Counter: +5

Secondspheres Crash Card Counter +4

Scout Sergeant Mkoll

Angered at the fact that his warriors had received no praise for their efforts Russ sent a strongly worded communique to the High Lords of Terra informing them of just how much his men, and those of the Raven Guard, had sacrificed in order for the precious Ultramarines to gain their victories and to ensure that the Thousand Sons legion held firm in the face of the Ork invasion. He also pointed out that while he may not have discovered new forgeworlds the efforts of his legion would ensure that the Crusade armies, including those organised by Gulliman, could continue to march as several of the worlds he and Magnus had found and protected were agri-worlds, or worlds rich in prometheum.

He also sent a second communique to the Wolf Lord of the Second Great Company informing him that the Night Lords would soon be joining their expedition from Fenris to Terra and that this was an opportunity for the companies under his command to prove themselves in the eyes of another legion.

OOC: There seems to have been some minor confusion. The Night Lords were supposed to be joining my Legion's troops from Fenris to Terra, not those accompanying Magnus. :P

Also, is it too soon for me to submit my turn 3 orders?
Mkoll's Awesome Card Counter: +8

May the brave be remembered forever. Farewell our friends.

Quote from: Mabbz on June 03, 2011, 10:43:53 AM
Mkoll wins.

Quote from: LordDemon
Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to catch you.

[img]http

silverfuge

ooc it did say I was all but unsupported. So I don't think it was confused. Just another sign that your troops are all but invisible to the high lords of Terra. Talking of the high lords, is just bad dice rolls why SW not getting any renown or intentional?

/ooc

Gm is God

Wargamer

Quote from: silverfuge on May 11, 2012, 08:25:45 AM
ooc how does this work for 1st company who already have a +1 to attack /ooc
That bonus is now applied to half your Legion, rather than just the first Chapter. :P

Luna Wolves - Cthonia:
Eldar attacks have continued to be an irritation, but the Luna Wolves homeworld has stood tall throughout. The region appears secure, and a steady stream of new recruits are ensuring that casualties suffered in war do not hinder the Legion's ability to make war.

Warhounds:
A mass recruitment program has been initiated within the Warhounds. Drawing upon both its new homeworld and the old Terran recruiting stations, the Legion has managed to increase its strength by two Chapters worth of troops (go Critical Success! :D).

Space Wolves - Mars and the Army:
No matter what the High Lords may think, the men who fighting beside Leman Russ would have no other Primarch leading them. Many called him mad when he ordered his Army groups to stop using the Malcador pattern tanks in favour of the newer, smaller models rolling of tank being field-tested on Mars, but his tactical acumen was proven right. Faster (though not by much) and much more agile than the bulky Malcador, Leman Russ was able to drill his army group in the art of armoured blitzkrieg. These new machines and battle tactics were tested during the later stages of Russ' patrols, seeing some action on fringe worlds that rose up in defiance of the Imperium. It was enough to prove Leman Russ's tanks deserved to be a part of the Imperial Army.

Initially, the notion of fortifying Fenris was met with resistance. However, a combination of army group pressure, and the simple fact that, like the Luna Wolves, the Space Wolves were still reporting hostiles around their homeworld, resulted in the Mechanicum sending a token expedition to 'assess' Fenris for construction options.

Iron Warriors:
As the Legion recruited fresh forces, so too did they suffer losses. By the time the dust had settled, and the men coming in and going down were accounted, the Iron Warriors were a Chapter down. The survivors of the crusade, battle hardened against some of the most unusual xenos lifeforms yet seen by Humanity, did what they could to pass on their experience to their replacements, though they knew war stories could only do so much.

The Tenth Chapter has been wiped out. However, due to combat experience, one Chapter of your choice is granted Veteran status.

People who have no sense of Sportsmanship have NO PLACE designing any Gaming system

Rarity Declis

[To wait until Turn 3 starts properly]

Wargamer

Hold your new orders until Turn 3 begins and the plot kicks off again. ;)

Rarity Declis

I propose a new Crusade, with the following aims:
1) To win much renown for EVERYONE involved.
2) To purposefully aim for worlds with a large population, so they may join our Imperium of Man and fight for the Imperial Guard, and their sons will maybe for the Legions.
3) To find any planets ruled by the xenos, from the Orks to the Eldar, and liberate the human population and crush the alien!

I have contacted Leman Russ and Motarian of the Death Guard (Nathan) to join my Crusade.
I have also invited Perturabo and Angron to join me in the Crusade.
I contact the commander of the Eagle Legions and ask if they would rather fight with me for the Crusade.
I contact the Imperial Army to see if they would wish to join the Crusade to secure the worlds left in our wake.

InsaneTD

Angron is heading to Terra with First and Second Chapters and order Third to meet him there. The remain chapters shall continue to recruit for now.

Railgun Convention

Khan and his legion are working on recruitment and expansion, to make up for the genetic failures earlier.
So how many crashes have I survived now?

Scout Sergeant Mkoll

Russ and Companies 2-10, as well as the army groups Russ recruited, shall join Horus Lupercal's campaign. First company shall return to Fenris to oversee recruitment and the beginning of the fortifications. Companies 11 through 15 shall continue to crusade from Fenris to Terra and the 16th shall be split into small groups and sent to campaign alongside each of the other Legions who have forces outside Horus' campaign.
Mkoll's Awesome Card Counter: +8

May the brave be remembered forever. Farewell our friends.

Quote from: Mabbz on June 03, 2011, 10:43:53 AM
Mkoll wins.

Quote from: LordDemon
Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to catch you.

[img]http

El ShasOcho

The first chapter of the Iron Warriors are now veterans. Their skill in siege warfare is renown throughout the galaxy. Chapter 7 will join with 1, 2, and Perturabo on Horus's crusade.

Quote from: Lee Lee Declis on August 06, 2010, 03:14:38 AM
Although, it must be said, one should always have a Fantasy in

Thantos

The 9th and 10th Companies are recruiting and training an army of humans from Maccragge and surrounding systems to fight alongside the UMs.

The 1st and 2nd at Terra with Guilliman.
The 3rd to the 5th companies remain to conquer the surrounding systems around the new Techno-Worlds.
The 7th and 8th to stay with Horus and his legion and accept his command.

The 6th company and Captain Selus, was to talk with the Masters of the Navy Fleet, to ply them for navy warships to join the ultramrine's forces and transport Guilliman's new army around.

Rouboute will talk to the emperor about the Eagle Warriors fate, and if Khan will meet a similar one. He also want to be with the Emperor when he meets with the Alpha Legion, to learn about what they have been up to and to offer support.