News:

For the most up to date reports about what is going on with the forum, and the latest topics of interest, throw us a like on Facebook, and if you're wanting some light banter with the seasoned and spiced members, join the Second Sphere Members Group.

Main Menu

Dark Eldar/Harlequins vs Knights/IG in "Dance Dance Revolutions" (1500, 3/8)

Started by BigToof, March 08, 2015, 10:08:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BT Points: How Many Knights Survive?

Three.  Knights rule, Eldar drool.
1 (25%)
One or Two.  Lances do some work.
3 (75%)
Zero.  Cegorach and Khaine bro-fist for glory!
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 4

BigToof

Dark Eldar/Harlequins vs Knights/IG in "Dance Dance Revolutions" (1500)
-------------------------------------------------

Hi All,

No, not dead yet.

So yes, Harlequins are out!

And their Codex is... wait for it... lackluster.

That is to say that it's a middle-of-the-road, not-OP book that has issues.

Not plug-and-play, easy to fall apart versus bad matchups, and challenging to work into existing lists.

It feels like you should you know... work for wins.  I... sort of like that.

In any case, time to see what the clowns can do!

Since you have to take them as a formation, I went small with the Company of Actors, which is a single unit with a Troupe, Shadowseer and a Death Jester.  Added a Raider to my previous DE list, and well, decided to go full Realspace Raiders (so 6 FA slots).  Hopefully, this won't come back to bite me.

And my opponent this time around is the wonderfully "balanced" list of an Adamantium Lance (AKA TRIPLE KNIGHTS HAHAHAHA) and a small smattering of IG to umm... well... I'm not really sure, perhaps oil the hinges?

I wasn't looking forward to the game, as I don't have a lot of Anti-Tank.  Surely not enough to stop Three Knights with re-rollable invul saves.  And my Harlequins won't be doing much, as they're anti-elite infantry pretty much.

So, how will the clowns do?

Read on!

Best,
-BT

P.S.  Comments and Critiques are greatly appreciated.

--------------
The Lists
--------------

Dark Eldar/Harlequins 1500pts: 29 Infantry, 7 Vehicles; 15 VPs
Dark Eldar Realspace Raiders
- Archon w/Blaster, Shadowfield, Agonizer, WWP
- Warriorsx5 w/Blaster in Venom w/SCx2
- Warriorsx5 w/Blaster in Venom w/SCx2
- Scourgesx5 w/Heatlancesx4
- Reaversx6 w/Clustersx2, Heatlancesx2, Arena Champ
- Razorwing Jetfighter w/DLx2, Missiles
- Razorwing Jetfighter w/DLx2, Missiles
- Raider
- Venom w/SCx2
- Ravager w/DLx3
Harlequin Company of Actors
- Death Jester
- Shadowseer, Psyker 2
- Harlequinsx5 w/Caresses

Knights and Guard 1500pts: 26 Infantry, 1 Vehicle, 3 Walkers; 7 VPs
Adamantium Lance
- Knight Paladin
- Knight Errant
- Knight Errant
Astra Militarum Allies
- Lord Commissar
- PCS w/Flamersx2
- Guardsmenx20 w/Flamersx2

--------------------------------------------

---------------------------------
Chapter 12: The Dance Begins
----------------------------------

"Clowns again?  Thiel, are you serious?"

Farseer Thielbane of the Craftworld Biel-tan sighed as he walked with Archon Y'stral of the Grisly Hand aboard the latter's flagship.  The two were the leaders of a rather tenuous alliance that had just suffered through a mutiny.  A sort-of legitimate one, Thiel had to admit, but a mutiny nonetheless.  The Archon was fairly livid about the entire situation, but after Thiel had calmed him down, the fact of the matter was that their forces were severely hamstrung.  The Kabal of the Grisly Hand ran close to the bottom of the barrel on a daily basis, and the Craftworld considered Thielbane's presence an experiment at best.  All of this meant that there were no real reserves for them to draw on.

Well, no conventional reserves at least.

"Y'stral, the Harlequins are an... unusual lot, but if we are able to ally ourselves with them, the potential ..."

Y'stral snorted, "Potential?  Thiel, if you haven't realized it, we need GUNS.  Jets.  BIG FRIGGIN' LANCES.  Not clowns running around hoping never to get shot at."

Thielbane said nothing as Y'stral wasn't entirely wrong.  His sources had said that the potential dangers that the Craftworld might throw them into sounded more and more extreme on a daily basis: Flocks of Tyranid Hive Tyrants, Imperial Knight Titans, Mysterious Grey-Armored Space Marines.  Or perhaps even some of the ever-growing Chaos forces that seemed to surprise even the Seers.  And if they failed there was a good chance that Thielbane would be recalled, and the entire situation chalked up to a failure that should never have been tried in the first place.  Which did mean that Thiel would never have to see or hear from Y'stral again, but it would also mean that he would have to give up Allonia.  The thought of her pulled at his heart.  Granted, from his soul-sight, she was a horrible, empty void that only longed for pain and torment for base pleasures, but she was still Eldar.  And it hurt too much to think that one day they would have to be parted.

"Thiel?  THIEL!"

Thielbane looked at Y'stral who seemed more than a bit upset.  He'd let his mind wander again during one of the Archon's tirades.  Not necessarily the best verbal stratagem.  He blamed the recent poisoning that his fellow Craftworlders had put upon him during the mutiny, but it was more than that.  Maybe part of him was starting to lose faith in the future.  And for that reason, the Harlequins were maybe just what they needed.

"Sorry Y'stral.  I was... thinking."

"Well, do it on your own time, Thiel.  The Scourges brought in a message from the clowns.  Apparently, they want to meet on an Imperial world.  One with those big Knight-things.  Could be fun."

Thiel stifled a shudder.  Knight Titans.  Those were the kinds of things that you just avoided unless you had a Revenant or a Lynx by your side.  And even then you had to be cautious.  What were the Harlequins thinking?  Was this a test of some kind?  If so, he only hoped that they would pass it...

------------------------------------------------------------

Pre-Game Thoughts:
Well, I have Harlequins.  Great against small units of hopefully not-too-shooty or not-too-hitty units.
Maybe.
The internet doesn't like them.
Well, time to give it a try!

All I need is a few units to give it a try on and... wait...

THREE KNIGHTS with invul re-rolls?  And a small unit of Guard with... flamers.

TOTAL FAILURE IMMINENT

I just don't have enough lances to deal with all of them.  My fliers aren't good enough and since the Knights are essentially immune to low rate of fire, if my opponent can just sit back and shoot then walk onto an objective to win, we have literally no chance.  Hopefully it'll be Maelstrom?

Mission: Maelstrom (THANK YOU) Cleanse and Control (3 objectives, re-draw until you have three each turn)
Setup: Vanguard, Night Fight OFF
Psyker:
- Shadowseer: Veil of Tears, Dance of Shadows (Stealth, Shrouding), Fog of Dreams AKA reverse-invisibility (enemy can only snap shot/hit on 6's)
- IG: HERESY! (BLAM)
Warlord
- Y'stral: Towering Arrogance (Fearless, and all units within 12" Fearless)
- IG: Draconian Discipline (No morale check for 25% casualty loss.. so my DJ does... nothing)

---------------------------

To Be Continued!
BigToof Points:

Cammerz: 8
Waaaghpower: 1
The Man They Call Jayne: 3
Mabbz: 6
Archon Sharrek: 3

Cammerz

Well, three knights, it's almost as if they don't want you to beat them.

I've always liked the Harlequins and some of the new models look quite nice, I'm looking forward to reading your fluff for them, Death Jesters always have the greatest personalities with their morbid humour.

As I don't have the 7th ed rulebook, can you explain the maelstrom mission to me? It sounds like it's something good given the circumstances you've found yourselves in.

Anyway, I reckon this'll be a tricky one but I've voted that you'll take out 1 or 2 of the knights, fingers crossed eh?

Looking forward to reading the report.

Mabbz

Welp. Even my usual optimism is having difficulty with this one. I still have faith in your ability to pull a win from this, but you'll definitely have to work for it. Killing all three knights though? Nope. You'll kill two (or kill one and badly damage the others).

I like how it counts as me being pessimistic when I say you'll win and kill two of the three knights.

Archon Sharrek

I also voted for one or two. I reckon the jets are going to be able to flank the Ion Shields, and kill one at least, given that he's going to have a hard time knocking them out of the sky. The blasters/ravager might get lucky (it better to make up for last games shenanigans...) and take out the other, or at least help put one down.

Looking forward to the rest!
Taking the theme of Tau and Dark Eldar allies, and having fun with it.

"That's EVIL EMPEROR ZURGIE-BABY, TO YOU!" - Evil Emperor Zurg

"Jim-cracking Dandy!" - Evil Emperor Zurg

BigToof

NOT DEAD YET.

Just sadly busy enough not to post.

---------------------------------------------------

Cammerz, thank you for the kind post!
This mission is using the Maelstrom of War rules, in which you gain VPs by doing random missions each turn.  This game is rather simple in that you draw up to three objectives each turn, and can discard one of your liking.
I won't talk about the drawing mechanic much, but they are listed under each turn.
Hope you enjoy it, as I find it a nice break from the standard missions.

Mabbs and Archon Sharrek,
Thank you for your posts as well.  The Knights were a major pain, and they were hella sturdy.

BT points will be put up soon, so not to spoil the ending :)

--------------------------------------------------

Interlude: The Opening Act

"You are kidding me!  Thiel, can you believe what these Ur-ghul lickers are saying?"

Farseer Thielbane sighed, hiding his face from the more dignified members in the shadowy outcropping.  He glanced slightly at the small troupe of brightly coloured Eldar who stood across from him.  Two of them stood out from the others, one was wearing the robed garb of a Shadowseer, while the other wore the more menacing and terrible armor of the Death Jester.  Thiel had hoped that the meeting would have last at least ten minutes before the screaming started.  Perhaps he was aiming too high.

"Y'stral, they're not asking that much..."

The Archon pointed an imperious finger at the Harlequins.

"Not asking that much?  NOT ASKING...  Thiel, they want me to..."

Thielbane sighed, "It's... just..."

"An audition."

Y'stral and Thielbane turned at the dulcet reply from behind them.  A more elaborately dressed Harlequin wearing a widely grinning mask stood a hair's breath away from them and was obviously enjoying the entire scene.  Y'stral jumped back and drew his Agonizer.  Thiel, on the other hand, didn't bother.  Thiel hadn't met many of the Harlequins, but often he found that dramatic entrances were par for the course.

The new figure bowed deeply at the waist and said, "Apologies, my great lords.  I am known as Erythor, Troupe Master of this small company you see laid before you.  We simply wish to see if our martial prowess can meld with your own.  It would be a... pity to find out if we are incompatible at more inconvenient time."

The Archon snorted and whipped his Agonizer back into place.  "You wanna test the Grisly Hand, Smiley?  Sure, we can do that.  Thiel?  You get to sit this one out.  I wanna see if Chuckles and the Clown Posse here can do anything more than bore me to tears."

Thiel was about to interject, when Erythor nodded and clapped once.  The entire Troupe fell to stiff attention in an almost comical rendition, with only the Shadowseer and Death Jester remaining relaxed.  The Seer seemed to shake her head as if bored of the display, while the Death Jester continued to polish his Shrieker Cannon.  The ominously dressed Harlequin chortled deeply and said,

"Knock-knock."

There was a long pause as the Eldar looked around at each other.

Y'stral smirked and said, "All right, I'll bite.  Who's there?"

"Horror and damnation."

The Archon smiled, "Damn right you are.  Minions?  Let's get this party started!"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Setup:
Well, good news, bad news.  Good news is that I do manage to get the objectives sitting mostly outside of terrain in neutral quarters.  The bad news is that my opponent gets to go first and he gets a big ruin in the middle of the board on his side.  I get a smaller sized ruin, but thankfully some of the windows are opaque so I do have some space to hide.  Not a lot, but some at least.
The Knights win the roll to deploy and go first.  They setup fairly aggressively with the big blob with Commissar in the front with the Triple Knights behind them.  The PCS and Vendetta go in reserves.
I don't have a lot of space and anything I put on the board will be shot up by the Knights.  So I measure up a bit and figure I can put in one or two units behind BLOS cover.  So, I put the Harlequins and the Ravager there and put everything else in reserves with the Archon and Scourges together for the usual shenanigans with WWP deep striking.  Venoms are in deep strike as well.

I try to seize, but (as usual) fail.

And the game begins!

Picture Caption: Wow, this is entirely fair.  Totally.

-----------------------
Turn 1: Knights
-----------------------
Objectives:
- Kill a psyker
- Control Objective 3
- Destroy a unit
-------------------------------------------

Knight Captain Erroll of House Terryn checked his sensors again.  The rumours of strange, otherworldly emanations were from substantiated, but the local lords were insistent on the presence of the Knights.
In that it was somewhat fortunate that he had taken both Brennan and Owen under his wing.  He checked back to make sure the two young men were in formation.  Brennan was the taller and more forthright, while Owen was quiet and introspective.  Both useful in their own right, but they were still inexperienced.  He hoped that whatever laid ahead would provide some sort of a challenge and meld them into a useful team, rather than what they were at the moment.

Suddenly, his sensors flickered to life as an ominous sound began to fill the air, coming from the remains of the broken town ahead.
Brennan's voice popped up over the comms. 
"What in the fething hells was that?"

Owen's was next, "Knight Captain should we pull back?"

Erroll shook his head. They hadn't even seen the enemy, if there was any.
"Negative, lads.  We have a squad of infantry with us, they'll flush the blighters out.  Keep weapons at the ready."

As if on cue, the mass of men wandering around their ankles began to spread out.  Sooner or later something was bound to happen...

My opponent seems a little dismayed at the very concept that blocked LOS exists (clearly he's used to playing on planet bowling ball), but goes with it anyway.
Objective 3 is within range, and since I have basically no offense on the board, he moves out to grab the first point of the game by moving the Knights and Guard up.

VPs:
Knights:1
DE:0

Picture Caption: Well, I guess we just wait for reinforcements then, right?

-----------------------
Turn 1: DE
-----------------------
Objectives
- Control objective 1
- Destroy a unit
- Declare a Challenge
----------------------------------------

Troupe Master Erythor gestured for his Harlequins to end their performance.  Isha's Sorrow was always a good way to start, at least when non-Eldar were the audience.
He bowed to Shadowseer Nyrinthea, known as Lady Nocturne, who glowed slightly as her powers came to bear, infusing the warship behind them.
The Second Act was about to begin.

---------------------------------------

Well, I can do none of these objectives as #1 is far on the other side of the board.
So, I decide to try something different.
As my Ravagers are always targeted first (sometimes wisely so), they have a very, very low life expectancy.
But, I have a new psychic power (dance of shadows) that gives both stealth and shrouding.
The psychic phase rolls up not too many dice, but it's enough for the power to go down.  My now much stealthier Ravager boosts up the left side of the field and finds purchase behind some trees for a grand total of 2+ cover.

Picture Caption: Now that's a Ravager sized needle in a haystack!

-----------------------
Turn 2: Knights
-----------------------
Objectives
- Control Objective 4
- Kill a psyker
- Destroy a unit
-------------------------------------------------

"Targ's blood!  Did you see that, it's some kind of Xenos?!"

Brennan scowled as he tried to make his targeters line up, but it was like strange ship was some kind of shadow in the night.

"Brennan!" came the voice of old man Erroll, "Keep in formation.  This smells of a trap.  Do not fire on that ship."

A growl escaped Brennan's lips.  What did that old fool know?  The Xenos were nothing more than cowards.  He was piloting the most fearsome of the Emperor's machines.  What did he have to fear?

------------------------------------------------------

My opponent really, really wants to destroy my Ravager, as before his turn even begins lots of measuring goes on, trying to draw a bead on my ship that has caused maybe a whole 2 casualties in the past half-dozen games.
But, better tactics seem to come over him as he decides to castle up in the big ruin, doing his best to run the Guardsmen around him while securing objective 4.
Even though he seems really well protected, he decides (in a small decision that actually turns out to be of great importance) to turn one Knight to shoot at the Ravager, which tilts the massive machine to one side.  Thankfully, even I can't fail a 2+ cover save, so no damage is done.

VPs:
Knights: 2
Dark Eldar: 0

Picture Caption: Huh, that Knight is slightly tilted off-kilter.  What's the worst that could happen?

-----------------------
Turn 2: Dark Eldar
-----------------------
Objectives
- Control objective 1
- Destroy a unit
- Declare a Challenge

-----------------------------------------------------------------

A cackle brought the assembled PDF's attention to a glowing black and purple portal that seemed to appear out of the air itself.  A sextet of Xenos wearing spiked armor strode out, carrying exotic looking weaponry.  The leader pointed at the Knight closest to him and in a jagged voice proclaimed,

"Minions!  Let's give him a new hole!  FIRE!"

Crackles of blackish energy ripped through the air and melted into the back of the huge machine, which faltered for a moment.  There was a howl of agony as the innards of the ancient war-machine burst into flames, and then with a ominous creak, began to fall.

The PDF tried their best to escape, but that helped little as the enormous energy held wihin the engines exploded, leaving a crater of meat, bone and rock in it's wake.

Y'stral nodded to himself with satisfaction, "Alright, let's see those diamond-backed fools match that!"

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Everyone comes in except one Razorwing and the Reavers.
I drop the Archon and his Scourge-Heatlance-One-Shot-Only squad drops in behind that (litearlly) errant Knight that has a clear shot of it's rear.  My opponent measures out and tells me that the squad can't get all the weapons within 6".  I then have the fortune to be the one to tell him that Heatlances, although only S6 weapons, have an 18" range.  Which means that it has an armorbane-tanksmashing range of NINE inches.

The three Venoms deepstrike in one in the front and the other two to the sides.  The Razorwing comes in on my right with ample shots on everyone.
The Archon gets the shooting phase starting by hitting with ALL the heatlances and the Blaster in the rear of the Knight, which is nicely not protected by the re-rollable shields.
Just enough Hullpoints go down on the big Knight and he tilts over and explodes, taking a very large chunk out of the surrounding Guard.  The Razorwing heaps on the wounds with four large blast templates and the Venoms sort of help clean up almost all of the infantry.

VP
Knights: 2
DE: 4 (FB)

Picture Caption: Woo-hoo!  I've destroyed 90% of the Infantry.  Now...  I just have to somehow deal with the Knights...
BigToof Points:

BigToof

------------------------
Turn 3: Knights
------------------------
Objectives
- Control objective 5
- Control objective 2
- Destroy a unit

"Owen?  Owen!"

Owen's mind managed to find purchase again at the Knight-Captain's voice.  It had all happened so quickly.  Brennan...  Brennan was dead.  The Xenos had just appeared from nowhere.  How was this all happening?  What should he do?  How could they...

"Owen, keep your head together.  I'm going after the Xenos in the front, break their lines.  You take care of the ones behind us.  They're only six little runts, Owen, they'll be easy."

Owen nodded at the orders.

After all, how hard could it be?

------------------------------------------

My opponent has to spend almost his entire infantry movement just to put the unit back into something resembling cohesion.
The two Knights are obviously displeased.
The Errant turns around and moves towards the Archon and his scourges.
The Paladin decides to go to take objective 5 and mess up some of the Dark Eldar in the process.

Shooting has the Paladin easily wreck one of the Venoms and then he wades in and demolishes the Warriors that fell out of it, easily getting to the objective.
The Errant demolishes the Scourges with his template and subsequent assault, but I manage to keep the Archon alive by making some clutch Shadowfield rolls.

------------------------
Turn 3: DE
------------------------
Objectives
- Control objective 6
- Destroy a unit with shooting
- Force a morale check

----------------------------------------------

Knight-Captain Erroll looked up as the roar of the Xenos jet went by.  How many of the monsters were there?
He checked his sensor readouts.  The Xenos were carrying heavy weaponry, but not a lot of them, and that was spread out over some of the flimsier looking vehicles.  Suppressive fire would then be the...

A knocking brought his attention to the side of his hull, and swore as he saw a Xenos hand covered with bones pass through the enormous plate as it was air.  It waved a bit theatrically and then dropped something round and colourful that bounced along the floor with a musical tone.  And it wasn't until it rolled to his feet that Erroll realized it was a grenade.

---------------------------------------------------

My other Razorwing and the Bikes come on.
I decide to just go into infantry clean-up mode and do my best to take care of the Infantry squad.
I can't really line up shots very well with the Paladin, but do my best, managing to plink off two hull points.

Then, I decide to take a decently big risk and assault with the Harlies!
They do a jaw-dropping FOUR hull points, which is just enough to take down the Knight, but it explodes and takes down most of the Troupe.

They consolidate out towards the last Knight.

VP
Knights: 4
DE: 4

Picture Caption: Wait...  Did the Harlequins just do that??

------------------------
Turn 4: Knights
------------------------
Objectives
- Control obj2
- 12" board edge
- Hold obj3
---------------------------------------

The Vendetta comes on to screen for the Knight and Commissar who is now hiding in the corner.
It easily smashes one of the Razorwings out of the sky.
The Knight fails to kill the Archon.

Picture Caption: Wait, am I running away with this one?

------------------------
Turn 4: DE
------------------------
Objectives
- Hold 3 objectives (1d3 VPs)
- Hold objective 3
- Hold objective 5
--------------------------------
I decide to try something crazy and use my malediction on the Knight!
It hits and now the Knight can only hit the Archon on 6's!
With that taken care of, all of the shots in the army try to do some damage to the Vendetta, but fail.
The Harlies line up and assault the Commissar and his very few men, wiping them off the table.
Oh, and did I mention that I took almost all the objectives?

VP
Knights: 4
DE: 8

------------------------
Turn 5: Knights
------------------------
Objectives
- Control obj6
- 12" board edge
- Hold obj3

---------------------------------------------------------------------
With not a great selection of targets, the Vendetta flies out to try and do some damage, but most everything gets put to the side, as he just wants to see if he smush the Archon.  Sadly not, and at this point the Knights concede.

Picture Caption: And that's all she wrote!

------------------------------------------------------

Result: Dark Eldar/Harlequin Victory

-------------------------------------------------------

Post-Game Thoughts:
Ok, getting right to it...

HARLIES ARE ANTI-KNIGHT???

I didn't think such a thing was possible, but it sort of makes sense as they can't be shot at easily unless at close range, and if they get an assault, they can do horrible amounts of hull point damage.
Not quite as good as the old Haywire Wyches for anti-tank, but wow, that was shocking!

Too bad they're just too expensive to be used in great numbers, but nice to have a unit or two to counter what I consider to be one of the more annoying things the Dark Eldar have to deal with.

My opponent was a bit dismayed at the Knights, and I think he won't be using three next time.  They just seemed too pricey, and didn't have the mobility to get to all of the random objectives that popped up.

Overall a fun game, and it gave me a glimmer of hope for the Laughing God's followers!

-----------------------------------------------------

"Yeah!  That's right, you better run!"

Archon Y'stral shook his agonizer in the general direction of the Knight that was striding away.  That monster couldn't hit the broad side of a Grotesque.  What did they have to worry about?

A polite cough brought the Archon's attention back to the smaller pack of Harlequins that were waiting patiently behind him.

"Yeah, yeah, yeah, I saw it.  You killed one.  Do you want a medal?"

"No," said the Troupe Master.  "But we wanted to give our review of your impressive performance.  Fighting that creature didn't... scare you?"

Y'stral scoffed, "Scare?  Me?  You're kidding, right?  I've dated Haemonculi scarier.  Too bad the damn things explode so much.  Not much loot to be had."

"Not all of it is lost."

Y'stral turned to the side to see the Harlequin with all the skulls scraping a blade across a Mon-Keigh skull.

"A bit on the lean side," said the Death Jester.  "A dubious trophy, nonetheless."

The tall female Harlequin seemed to back away from the skull in disgust, and that was enough for Y'stral.  If it offended someone, it couldn't be all that bad.

"Good enough," said the Archon.  "Hmm, not bad at all.  Maybe you clowns aren't half bad.  This could be the start of something fun."

The Troupe Master bowed and lead his company away.  The Dark Ones had fulfilled their end of the bargain and had entered into the scene of their own accord.  Now the final act was about to begin.  He could almost hear the laughter of his god at the irony of the situation...
BigToof Points:

Mabbz

Nicely done. I most likely wouldn't have had the patience to wait for reinforcements, and would probably have lost the ravager in the first few turns. And perhaps most importantly, I won another BT point!

Cammerz

Yay! BT isn't dead! A great report BT, I'm glad you were able to pull this off and wreck this guy, I'm even more pleased that he quit when he did and didn't lose that last knight (another BT point for me, I'm competitive like that), although personally I always like to see games out to their conclusion and wouldn't end prematurely, even if defeat was inevitable, it leads to events like a lone fire warrior rolling a double-1 to stop fleeing and only just manage to return to that one objective he's been sitting on all game.

I've said it before, I love Death Jesters. Although he didn't have a massive role in the fluff, everything he did was perfect and I hope to see him again at some point in the future.

I don't know whether you're getting any games in at the moment or if you have time for reports, but I'd love to see some more. I'd particularly love to read more with Lorilune and Grumgutz but I'll be happy with anything if you've already planned what you'll be writing up next.

So once again, well done on the victory, looking forward to seeing what you've got for us next.

Job's a good un!

BigToof

Quote from: Mabbz on April 06, 2015, 12:19:04 AM
Nicely done. I most likely wouldn't have had the patience to wait for reinforcements, and would probably have lost the ravager in the first few turns. And perhaps most importantly, I won another BT point!

Thanks for the reply Mabbz,
I was really surprised that my Ravager lasted as long as it did.  I suppose only that it was so inconsequential that it lasted all game...
BTW, congrads on the point!

Quote from: Cammerz on April 06, 2015, 11:39:10 AM
Yay! BT isn't dead! A great report BT, I'm glad you were able to pull this off and wreck this guy, I'm even more pleased that he quit when he did and didn't lose that last knight (another BT point for me, I'm competitive like that), although personally I always like to see games out to their conclusion and wouldn't end prematurely, even if defeat was inevitable, it leads to events like a lone fire warrior rolling a double-1 to stop fleeing and only just manage to return to that one objective he's been sitting on all game.

I've said it before, I love Death Jesters. Although he didn't have a massive role in the fluff, everything he did was perfect and I hope to see him again at some point in the future.

I don't know whether you're getting any games in at the moment or if you have time for reports, but I'd love to see some more. I'd particularly love to read more with Lorilune and Grumgutz but I'll be happy with anything if you've already planned what you'll be writing up next.

So once again, well done on the victory, looking forward to seeing what you've got for us next.

Job's a good un!

Thanks for the reply Cammerz,
I wish I could be more reliable lately, but real life is kicking me around a bit too hard...

I do have some list ideas, but no real games yet.

I have one ready with DE Coven (Bella) and Harlequins that was fun.  Maybe that one will work for the meantime?

-------------------------

Thanks again all for all the support.

Best,
-BT
BigToof Points: