News:

For the most up to date reports about what is going on with the forum, and the latest topics of interest, throw us a like on Facebook, and if you're wanting some light banter with the seasoned and spiced members, join the Second Sphere Members Group.

Main Menu

Behind Enemy Lines - WH:40k using Covert Operations rules (sign up/OOC thread)

Started by Mabbz, February 18, 2016, 11:50:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mabbz

Ok, first thing, has anyone seen Vyper? Anyone know him on facebook? I don't really want too much to happen before he gets here.

Secondly, loot. I apologise for not making this clear from the start, but to be honest I hadn't really though about it. This campaign will be very light on loot, primarily because you all had to pay in advance for your items, and I don't want that to be made irrelevant by looting. I'm not saying their wont be any loot, but here's a few guidelines on how it'll work:

1) Ammo for weapons you already have can be found as loot anywhere that it makes sense to find it. If you run into a weapons cache or something, then you'll refill all your ammo, and that is it. I may try to keep track of ammo, but knowing me I'll forget, so I think it's simpler for now to assume you keep stumbling across it.

2) Combat equipment (weapons, armour, etc.) can only be found after a fight, so you'll have to earn it.

3) Even taking (2) into account, I'm going to make it a rule that most Tau equipment (and likely a lot of the native human stuff, since they've been trading with the Tau) has biometrics installed to prevent you from grabbing a pulse rifle first chance you get. Generally speaking, I only want you to take interesting loot, and only from interesting places. So feel free to grab an Ethereal's honour blade as a trophy if you find one, but I'll come up with excuses to stop you from taking stuff from random mooks.

4) I fully expect that you will wind up stealing a vehicle at some point. I have absolutely no problem with this, and think it's a great idea.

Narric

How do you want to handle Hertius salvaging the ships navigation computer? Barely working and only able to give current location and orientation?

Mabbz

I'll make a post either when Vyper shows up, or we get bored of waiting for him.

The Man They Call Jayne

Jaynes Awesome Card Counter: +5

Secondspheres Crash Card Counter +4

Narric

I am an Engineseer. I'm sure I could bypass the odd xenos biometric or two. A Pulse Pistol might be a nice upgrade from a Laspistol :3

In fairness, I figure finding a Bolt Pistol would be a better choice. This isn't Dark Heresy afterall :P

Vyper

Hey, sorry been really busy at work the past two days, pretty much been straight home and fallen asleep. Didn't even see the rp thread was up.

I'm terrible with names. Can I just call him Steve?

Narric

Its alright Vyper. Hope life isn't kicking your arse too hard ;)

Easiest way to name an Ogryn may be to grab some Ork names and make them less Orky :P

Mabbz

Or give him a hopelessly unsuitable name like Charles Davenport. Or say he forgot his own name, and keep coming up with new ones as the RP progresses.

Vyper

Narric

Vyper

Quote from: Narric on February 25, 2016, 12:10:28 AM
Well he did kinda go through a transport ship crashing :P

I wasn't quite sure how much of the ship survived, hope my opening piece fits   8-)

Mabbz

A choice. Repairing the short range scanners would be harder (It would require a 4+ for Hertius) but it would give a lot of useful information about nearby landmarks, enemy troops (if any) and terrain. Hooking up the Black box would be easier (2+) and would give your exact co-ordinates, but beyond that the only information would be whatever the pilot deemed important to say in their last few minutes. Unfortunately, you'll need some of the same parts for both, so you can only choose one.

Narric

If we know where we're going then the Black Box would ensure we're going in the right direction.
If don't know where the destinaton of the ship was, then knowing what our local terrain and possible encounters are.

Personally, I vote to repair the short range scanners. We were shot down, so its reasonable to assume that search parties have been sent out to ensure no survivors.

The Man They Call Jayne

Scanners are the better choice certainly. We should know what is coming.
Jaynes Awesome Card Counter: +5

Secondspheres Crash Card Counter +4

Wargamer

I wrote a novel - Dreamscape: The Wanderer.. Available in paperback and pdf.

Quote from: Liberate the Warhammers
People who have no sense of Sportsmanship have NO PLACE designing any Gaming system