News:

For the most up to date reports about what is going on with the forum, and the latest topics of interest, throw us a like on Facebook, and if you're wanting some light banter with the seasoned and spiced members, join the Second Sphere Members Group.

Main Menu

Behind Enemy Lines - WH:40k using Covert Operations rules (sign up/OOC thread)

Started by Mabbz, February 18, 2016, 11:50:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mabbz

Fair enough. Will you be shooting your pistol as you charge, or would you prefer not to risk killing the Shas'ui?

I have actions from Narric and Wargamer (near enough  :P). Jayne, you said you'd shoot everything that looks like a threat. Want to be more specific? Vyper, could you let me know if you're still a part of this, so that I can plan accordingly.

Oh and a brief reminder: the Devilfish is not destroyed and has a working gun. Anyone left out in the open in front of it will likely be in considerable danger (that said, if I don't hear from Vyper I'll have Steve try and rip the burst cannon off)

Wargamer

I wrote a novel - Dreamscape: The Wanderer.. Available in paperback and pdf.

Quote from: Liberate the Warhammers
People who have no sense of Sportsmanship have NO PLACE designing any Gaming system

The Man They Call Jayne

I will go into Overwatch and cover the rest of the team if needs be.
Jaynes Awesome Card Counter: +5

Secondspheres Crash Card Counter +4

Mabbz

I considered not giving the Tau warriors translation software, but changed my mind after realising how much of a pain it'd be to write consistently in Tau'sia. Having said that, when I do write in their language, I will try to make it translatable.

Also, for anyone interested...

The left squad failed it's leadership test, and thus couldn't shoot the Mad Bastard. The right squad passed, and attempted to markerlight him so that the devilfish could ignore his cover save. However, only one of the markerlights hit, so Ignores Cover wasn't an option. As such, the devilfish decided not to risk it.

Wargamer

I wrote a novel - Dreamscape: The Wanderer.. Available in paperback and pdf.

Quote from: Liberate the Warhammers
People who have no sense of Sportsmanship have NO PLACE designing any Gaming system

Narric

Can I specifically aim to disable the Burst Cannon, or is it just the same randomized Vehicle damage table? :P

Mabbz

Quote from: Wargamer on March 22, 2016, 05:15:28 PM
Time to make a bluff / intimidation roll. :-P
To try and make things appear as if they're happening at the same time, I will respond to your threats in the same post as I deal with Narric's attack on the Devilfish.

Quote from: Narric on March 22, 2016, 05:55:23 PM
Can I specifically aim to disable the Burst Cannon, or is it just the same randomized Vehicle damage table? :P
I'm going to say yes, with a little bit of fine print. Specifically:

• You have to be in contact with the correct part of the vehicle. Dorsal weapons (turrets, for example) can only be attacked if the vehicle was stationary last turn.
  • If you pass the armour penetration roll, rather than rolling on the normal damage table, instead on a 3+ the weapon is destroyed. Otherwise it simply can't fire next turn.
  • If you fail, the driver will probably be pissed off and open fire, ruining these incredibly friendly negotiations

Still plan to go ahead with it?

Narric

Iirc, a Devilfish is just over 6", circling around it. So getting within charge range wouldn't be hard assuming I don't roll snake eyes :P I have two weapons that can have a high potential of getting through the AV, especially as its AV10 due to melee rules iirc.

From what I gather, Wexler is more-or-less moving into the firing sight of the Devilfish anyway, and could easily be picked off, distracking McTavish, and creating an opening for the Tau to take him out.

Ultimately, disabling that Burst Cannon seems the best course of action right now, and I can always ask Steve the Ogryn to politely remove the offending Xenos tech from the devilfish chassis :P

Also, as I'm specifically going after the burst cannon, I'm leaving the Devilfish mobile after minor repairs, giving us a potential escape vehicle, the only downside of which is the Tau Tracking it :P

Mabbz

Just so you're aware, this is about as good as you're going to get. Your threats are effective, but that Tau don't trust you enough for a total surrender. After all, if they totally disarmed you could just slaughter them all, consequence free.

Oh, and if it isn't clear from the shas'la referring to the 'ui as 'sister', they are a bonded team.

Mabbz

Co'kar'ro'T'auk'cka
Literal translation: Not right mind, of impure stock. Actual meaning (or as close as I could make it): Mad Bastard

Narric

Is there anyway to quickly fix the Devilfish for us to use it to escape?

Mabbz

Hmm... seeing as how it's unfamiliar technology, I'll say it's a matter of time (don't worry about the pathfinders, as long as you keep an eye out they probably won't attack). Here's how it'll work. For every half-hour Hertius spends working on it, he can do one thing from the following list.

- Repair the thrusters, and figure out roughly how they work to allow battlefield repairs in the future
- Repair the burst cannon, and figure out roughly how they work to allow battlefield repairs in the future
- Repair the chassis/armour, restoring all hull points and letting you perform battlefield repairs in the future

Also, for every half-hour anyone spends playing with the console, they can do one thing from the following list. Two people can learn about the console at once, but you can still only pick one thing from the list (so you could have two people learn to fly it in half an hour).
- Learn how the movement controls work
- Learn how to use the sensors
- Learn how to use the gun

Narric

Considering we want a get away vehicle, and not a gunship,  My vote is to repair the thrusters and armour, whilst two people learn the flight controls and sensors.

Once we get away we can totally scrap the fish, so it can't be used against us later on. (Or we could put some increadibly vulger graffiti on it to make even a Tau's grandmother blush)

Mabbz

Narric