News:

For the most up to date reports about what is going on with the forum, and the latest topics of interest, throw us a like on Facebook, and if you're wanting some light banter with the seasoned and spiced members, join the Second Sphere Members Group.

Main Menu

Behind Enemy Lines - WH:40k using Covert Operations rules (sign up/OOC thread)

Started by Mabbz, February 18, 2016, 11:50:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Narric

Going by the Warhammer 40k Wikia, Earth caste would use Drones for Buildings. Artwork I can find of Earth Caste show them with heavy looking guantlets, which I'd assume is their entire tool kit.

Neither the 4th or 6th edition codexi touch on it either :-\

We could just bend narrative for this RP ;)

Also, roll credits, I name dropped :P

Mabbz

Quote from: Narric on April 14, 2016, 06:23:41 PM
Going by the Warhammer 40k Wikia, Earth caste would use Drones for Buildings. Artwork I can find of Earth Caste show them with heavy looking guantlets, which I'd assume is their entire tool kit.

Neither the 4th or 6th edition codexi touch on it either :-\

We could just bend narrative for this RP ;)

Also, roll credits, I name dropped :P
That's more or less what I thought. Well, I'm happy to bend narrative over thisSo we just need to find you some vaguely Tau looking clothes and maybe paint your face greyish-blue.

Mabbz

So... What are your plans? I intentionally haven't given you a clear path to follow, because I want you come up with your own plans. Still, to nudge things along a bit, here's a few thoughts:

- Finding out the current war situation would be useful, so that you know where to go in order to reach your allies. Either getting access to some long range comms or stealing info from the Tau would work.
- There are escaped POWs around. You could try to find and help them (Maybe try to smuggle them to friendly territory?).
- The car-bombing suggests a resistance movement. You could try to find and help them.
- You could try and gather some intel on the Tau's activities. That'd let you decide how best to hurt them.

The Man They Call Jayne

I vote resistance movement. Mainly so we can use the line "listen very carefully, I will say this only once."
Jaynes Awesome Card Counter: +5

Secondspheres Crash Card Counter +4

Narric

If we can find the resistance, then we can see about coordinating it with the larger guard contingent. Maybe the group can "subtly" search for the resistance, while Hertius locates an information and/or communication relay, hopefully to acquire Tau Tactical information, or gather useful information from the guard contingent?

Hertius may be able to traverse the city/town better solo, as a large group alongside a Techpriest may attract paranoid orinformed eyes, especially considering we didn't eliminate the Tau we first encountered.

Wargamer

I wrote a novel - Dreamscape: The Wanderer.. Available in paperback and pdf.

Quote from: Liberate the Warhammers
People who have no sense of Sportsmanship have NO PLACE designing any Gaming system

Narric

Mabbz

Sorry about the wait, I was busy procrastinating and doing other important things. Have a bit more story. Narric, you obviously don't have the kind of identification they are after, but with a decent lie you can get out of this without having to kill everyone. Wargamer and Jayne, if you want to start a bar fight, be my guest.

Narric

Quote from: Mabbz on April 25, 2016, 09:43:50 PM
Sorry about the wait, I was busy procrastinating and doing other important things. Have a bit more story. Narric, you obviously don't have the kind of identification they are after, but with a decent lie you can get out of this without having to kill everyone. Wargamer and Jayne, if you want to start a bar fight, be my guest.

I'd say Hertius is about to lie through his teeth, but considering the respirator clamped onto his face, the analogy loses something :P

[edit]
I borrowed Maria for a spell XD

Mabbz

Quote from: Narric on April 25, 2016, 11:19:15 PM
Quote from: Mabbz on April 25, 2016, 09:43:50 PM

I'd say Hertius is about to lie through his teeth, but considering the respirator clamped onto his face, the analogy loses something :P

[edit]
I borrowed Maria for a spell XD
Hertius' lie was a moderate success, but perhaps saying your workshop was nearby was a poor decision. Still, two shouldn't be as hard to deal with. Oh, and anyone can feel free to borrow Maria for their RPing, if it helps them.

Hey Wargy and Jayne? You going to post any time soon?

Narric

Saying the workshop was nearby was a gamble in the hopes the shas'ui would let us pass without further impedance. As it stands, we just need to fine a pleasantly secluded alleyway to use as a "shortcut," and turn round to crunch a few communicators and/or kneecaps 8-)

I assume Maria went full civilian, so has no wargear on her presently?

Mabbz

You each have a concealed laspistol, but otherwise no wargear. Well, besides the stuff welded to your body :P

Would you be interested in keeping them alive? This will likely have no influence on your chances, but I'd like to know in advance (some random chance will be involved in not fatally injuring them)

Narric

Dead men tell no tails, but a live one may not know the full or true story.

Perhaps keep them alive, but quickly fabricate a lie based on the newspaper Maria grabbed, and what we know the rest of the group are trying to do. I'll have a gander at the newspaper segments again, and I'll messege you my ideas ;)

Wargamer

I'm trying to decide what I should get up to. I think, if only for the sake of easy tracking, I should try to stay close to our pet coghead. ;)
I wrote a novel - Dreamscape: The Wanderer.. Available in paperback and pdf.

Quote from: Liberate the Warhammers
People who have no sense of Sportsmanship have NO PLACE designing any Gaming system

Mabbz

I must say I'm impressed by Wexler and McTavish's ability to leave a bar and instantly find Hertius and Maria just as they get in a dangerous situation. ::)

I suppose I must not have made it clear enough that you arrived in the bar at about the same time that they met the patrol, and that you wouldn't know there exact location well enough to find them in anything under ten minutes. :P

Never mind. I'll roll with it, but you're forfieting any useful information you would have gotten in the bar.