News:

Cammerz brings us some fantastically painted and customised Alpha Legion. Check out their work with detail shots and design insight.

Main Menu

Behind Enemy Lines - WH:40k using Covert Operations rules (sign up/OOC thread)

Started by Mabbz, February 18, 2016, 11:50:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Narric

The Man They Call Jayne

Ahh, I thought we had all arrived at the bar within a few minutes of each other. My bad.
Jaynes Awesome Card Counter: +5

Secondspheres Crash Card Counter +4

Narric

Hopefully I've provided a suitable enough out, unless the GM wants to escalate the matter? ;) :P

The Man They Call Jayne

I'll run with McTavishes plan. It means I get to punch McTavish and not get in trouble :P

Mabbz

I haven't posted the shas'la reaching McTavish and talking to him because I wasn't sure if he was planning to stay there and play the victim or run away. Wargy, if you could let me know (in or out of character) soon, otherwise I'll assume you'll play the victim and speak to him. Everyone else, hold off on posting unless you're planning on doing something that would render Wargamer's decision irrelevant (like Hertius and Maria running away, or Wexler doubling back to attack the Tau).

Actually, if you want to PM me any conditional actions (ie: "If McTavish runs, I'll run too.") that would probably be a good idea to speed things up and ensure your actions actually happen.

Mabbz

So you're aware, the third Shas'la was sent from the initial patrol to tail Hertius and Maria discreetly in case they proved troublesome. Frank and Adam's little stunt pulled him out of hiding, so even though they didn't chase Wexler as planned, it wasn't a total loss.

Wargamer

I guess it's up to you lot to see if you can lose him while the town drunk is centre stage. If not... work it out yourself. :P
I wrote a novel - Dreamscape: The Wanderer.. Available in paperback and pdf.

Quote from: Liberate the Warhammers
People who have no sense of Sportsmanship have NO PLACE designing any Gaming system

The Man They Call Jayne

I am in favour of doing this Hitman style and dragging the bodies out of sight. We both have knives after all, and 3 Tau aren't going to be a match up close.

Wargamer

Well, if someone starts a fight I'll help, but I'm happy to let you three go to ground. I'm sure I can do something foolish to get away from the Tau.
I wrote a novel - Dreamscape: The Wanderer.. Available in paperback and pdf.

Quote from: Liberate the Warhammers
People who have no sense of Sportsmanship have NO PLACE designing any Gaming system

Mabbz

Quote from: The Man They Call Jayne on April 29, 2016, 11:54:56 AM
I am in favour of doing this Hitman style and dragging the bodies out of sight. We both have knives after all, and 3 Tau aren't going to be a match up close.
Quote from: Wargamer on April 29, 2016, 12:11:07 PM
Well, if someone starts a fight I'll help, but I'm happy to let you three go to ground. I'm sure I can do something foolish to get away from the Tau.
All I will say is that both options are possible (and I'd say roughly as easy as each other), although there will probably be repercussions to your actions whichever way you choose, so you should probably consider the possible consequences before you decide.

The Man They Call Jayne

Mabbz

Quote from: The Man They Call Jayne on April 29, 2016, 08:10:58 PM
Time to get all Catachan-y then and save the day!
Does "get all Catachan-y" mean blatantly cheat? Because you appear to have managed to do some impressive things:

1) Generate a fourth fire warrior out of thin air
2) Silently take him down off screen without even needing to roll dice
3) Equally silently and flawlessly take down another fire warrior on screen

No. Please rethink your post into something possible.

The Man They Call Jayne

Narric

I sorta assumed you rp'ed in PMs for it, even though the actions seemed a bit much.

The Man They Call Jayne

No, it was supposed to be a little bit of offscreen sneakery for the sake of humour. Kinda got carried away with it. My bad. Just the idea of the overly muscular Wexler stuffed into Firewarrior Armour and trying to blend in was far too amusing for me.